Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) (33058 Views)

Jung Cheol-Won: SouthKorean Skater Apologises After Early Celebration Costs Gold / BBC Apologises After Sex Noise Was Heard In The Studio During A Live FA Cup / Samuel Eto'o Fils Apologises After Physically Attacking Youtuber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by GisthoodBlog(m): 8:50am On Nov 08, 2018
Manchester City star Raheem Sterling has apologised after he was awarded a poor decisioned penalty in City's 6-0 win over Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday.

Gabriel Jesus scored a hat-trick, while David Silva, Sterling and Riyad Mahrez all got on the scoresheet to send a strong message to rivals Manchester United.

However, Referee Victor Kassai pointed to the spot in the 24 minute with the belief that Sterling was fouled by Mykola Matviyenko but replays showed that the winger simply fell over his own feet.

But the England international has revealed he is sorry for what happened.

“I went to chip the ball and don't know what happened,” Sterling said.

“I didn't feel contact. I scuffed the ball. Apologies to the ref.

"It's one of those where I didn't want to look like I was looking for a foul I just put my head down and didn't want to say anything.

"It is what it is and apologises again."

Meanwhile, Coach Pep Guardiola said: “We realised it wasn't a penalty.

“After being asked if Sterling could have told the referee, Raheem could have told the referee.

“We don't like to score in that situation.

"You know VAR and what it is - the referee must be helped because they don't want to make mistakes.

"The game is so fast these days. It takes 10 seconds for somebody to say something to the referee.

"Would you tell a player to pass the ball to the keeper?

“A coach would never say that. But I'm young, I will learn."
Source:>>http://www.mysportdab.com/2018/11/man-city-star-raheem-sterling.html

c

1 Like

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by princechurchill(m): 8:54am On Nov 08, 2018
You could have stopped the penalty by telling the referee it wasn't a foul that's the spirit of sportsmanship

Now you are apologising after the damage was done

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by ayourbamie: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2018
I don't blame him for falling, I blame him for not telling the truth at first

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by martolux(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2018
You say wetin??
princechurchill:
You could have stopped the penalty by telling the referee it wasn't a foul that's the spirit of sportsmanship

3 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by BENEAMATA: 10:46am On Nov 08, 2018
princechurchill:

True that and i'll personally put 75% of the blame at the feet of the ref ( pun intended ) , cos he was slow to run to the spot and even gave the pen when he was about 17 yards from the spot sterling tripped on himself , clearly a case of an official wanting to be conned or what happened to the rule of not giving it if you are not sure ? Martolux , yes , players do tell ref they are mistaken about wrong calls that favours that team , though it's rare

8 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by BENEAMATA: 10:48am On Nov 08, 2018
princechurchill:

True that and i'll personally put 75% of the blame at the feet of the ref ( pun intended ) , cos he was slow to run to the spot and even gave the pen when he was about 17 yards from the spot where sterling tripped on himself , clearly a case of an official wanting to be conned or what happened to the rule of not giving it if you are not sure ? Martolux , yes , players do tell ref they are mistaken about wrong calls that favours their team , though it's rare
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by Authoreety: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by emmanuel849: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2018
sterling the man match was awesome

I AM JOHN, A 3D ANIMATION EXPERT. LET’S TRAIN YOU TO BE 3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR EMPLOYEES AND CLIENTS WANT TO HIRE IN 3 WEEKS. NO THEORY. 100% PRACTICALS GUARANTEED!

I am an Energetic 3D Animator who thrives in high-energy settings to create unique 3d graphics and characters with variety of software with the ability to convert verbal concepts and technological schematics into concise illustration
I am experienced in Maya, 3D Max, Blender, Adobe Platforms with expertise in modeling, texturing, rigging, 3D character and rendering, .
My work is a complication of elements of classical sculpture with contemporary themes and technology combining technology of digital tools with traditional sculpting techniques along with 3D-printing and other fabrication method

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

FEES: N35,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N40,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: ADDRESS OF OUR TRAINING CENTER ON OUR WEBSITE

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design 3D CHARACTER ANIMATIONS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical 3D Animations training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N40,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING

LET’S TRAIN YOU TO TAME 3D CHARACTER ANIMATIONS IN 3 WEEKS! WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO CREATE THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Imagine yourself creating emotive characters, stunning worlds and compelling stories for games, film or commercial projects? Get those cutting-edge, relevant skills that will allow you to enter an exciting creative industry that make you go from strength to strength in the world of 3D CHARACTER ANIMATION. Here’s a bit about the animation chops you can will learn from this training program

FEES: N35,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N40,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: ADDRESS OF OUR TRAINING CENTER ON OUR WEBSITE

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design 3D CHARACTER ANIMATIONS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical 3D Animations training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N40,000!

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by GLReocord: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2018
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by berrystunn(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2018
Lol
He
Did not answer the question
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by Alzirida(f): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2018

His ratting have dropped
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by kunmiiii: 11:18am On Nov 08, 2018
There was a guy behind the goal post of shaktar claiming to be an assistant ref, he needs serious sacking...he was obviously absent minded, The penalty and officiating was one of the worst and most ridiculous in refereeing history.

Raheem would have gotten some plaudits and accolades if he had come clean immediately, but even the sham penalty had very little effect on the result of the match.

Whopping 6-0...City were clearly the better team.

3 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by wizkidblogger(f): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2018
lol
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by PureMe01: 11:18am On Nov 08, 2018
medicine after death

2 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by cescky(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2018
princechurchill:

Don't mind him, he will suffer the consequences in the EPL..in the next few matches, it will be hard for refs to give him a penalty, even when it's valid

6 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by prinsam30: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2018
stupid.d apology not accepted

you should have told the ref that it wasn't a penalty

1 Like

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2018
Rubbish!
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by phase1: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2018
Raheem the diver. He should consider swimming at the next olympics.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by sod09(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2018
STORY MEDICINE AFTER DEATH, WHY DIDN'T HE TELL THE REF

2 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by sylva1(m): 11:21am On Nov 08, 2018
The guy should have just complained to the referee at once, there is really no point for this apology cos he knew nobody tripped him and still went ahead to play the penalty
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2018
wizkidblogger:
lol
speak English
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2018
undecided

Case of too little too late, all he needed do was to insist on taking the penalty himself...and in return pass the ball gently to the goal keeper from the spot kick.

That would have set a new standard in fairplay and instantly catapulted him to a hero in the hearts and mind of the average sports lover.

Now I don't even know who to blame....the bleeping referee or the opportunistic short devil.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 08, 2018
Something Neymar and Suarez are literally surviving on

6 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by cooldipo(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2018
Apology accepted

See signature for more
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2018
He should have told the referee he wasn't fouled in the spirit of sportsmanship.
Re: Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) by gracyville: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2018
5 DAYS TO GO FOR THE TRAINING THAT TRANSFORM YOUR ICT CAREER LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

THIS POWERFUL TRAINING DELIVERS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IN DIGITAL MARKETING IN 3 WEEKS

This program is designed to not only give you insight but also train you on the entire digital marketing ecosystem, and this program instills a 360-degree understanding of the field. You'll cover the full range of digital marketing specialties, and build a broad foundation that will make you an invaluable addition to any company seeking digital marketing expertise.

Digital Marketers are in high demand. So get onboard the practical training that helps you open up a world of opportunities in Digital Marketing

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: TUESDAY 13TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to Implement DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Is Heading To MLS, Decides To Join Inter Miami / Rivers United Wins 2021/2022 Nigeria Premier Football League Season. / #lampardout: Fans React After Lampard Drew First Match As Chelsea Manger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.