Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (44030 Views)

Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement / NERC: Nigerians To Pay N36,000 And N67,000 For Electricity Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by buharitill2023: 7:49am On May 11, 2019
OK
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by oshotemi19: 7:50am On May 11, 2019
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by hartoyebi38: 7:50am On May 11, 2019
Not my business

visit www.oluty.com to sell to all countries without a physical store and earn in dollars.
email: support@oluty.com
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by kingviny: 7:53am On May 11, 2019
Story for the gods.

If you want an un-interrupted power supply in your house, pls call me to get a pocket friendly inverter or solar power solution.

Call 07081516945
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by daddytime(m): 7:54am On May 11, 2019
Na which kain English dem take make this report...dem for kukuma use pidgin na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Ijaycool(f): 7:55am On May 11, 2019
chloride6:
You cant ask us not to pay, ask them not to bill.

You dont regulate me, you regulate them

Kisses to you.
Idiots wan set us up
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by eagleeye2: 7:56am On May 11, 2019
Ahhh..... Ashe ooo
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by lonelydora: 7:56am On May 11, 2019
MrThisandthat:
These people will just wake up and announce rubbish...

Those pple wey dey disconnect light no dey read all these garbage o, so fellow Nigerians... If u need light better pay before them NEPA people go come carry una pole go house...

Same way IGP go announce something but the korofos for road block no dey follow am
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Walking(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2019
It pains me that, it is same challenge as one government comes and go.

Since my young age, I have never experienced a stable power supply, and the annoying thing is that, it get worse instead of it getting better.

I just don't known the kind of leaders we elect.
So clueless and heartless.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by OpinionCounts(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2019
chloride6:

But what if they still bill you and the regulatory body is not in the know, just like they do for estimated billing system when there was no prepaid meter?

The instruction not to pay is just to get you aware that there is a regulation by the body giving you the right to refuse payment after the stated time, they may have also as part of the regulation instructed the disco's not to bill, but you know in Nigeria only the end user can monitor that.
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Siralgebra04(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

I will advice any able young man to leave Nigeria asap. Go to Canada, USA or Scandinavia countries legally. You will be better there. Don't let lazy folks decieve you. It is a society that rewards hardwork.

Don't listen to small enterprenuers decieving you the bullshit of you can start small. Go and start small over there. You will be better off. They reward intelligence and hardwork.

However, if you believe you can make it here, you can. It requires tenacity, maneuvers, and patience not hardwork. Nigeria will not get better in 20years to come. Remember your children yet to come.

Richdad
Stop advising what is not certain. In every 100 people that apply for US/UK visa, less than 7 is granted. So make person dey waste money to apply for visa two three times with no yield?
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Pipapi1: 7:59am On May 11, 2019
I need a web designer to help develop websites for the following:
1. Children playground facilities for visit or hire
2. E-commerce website similar to Jumia but specific to providing services with few goods/materials.

Send your proposals or contacts details to la_bahiq@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Corins6519: 8:03am On May 11, 2019
Isorite

Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Gforce2019: 8:05am On May 11, 2019
Duplicate of thread
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by frankmoney(m): 8:05am On May 11, 2019
Give us prepaid meter and stop all this rubbish
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Hoodbilonia: 8:06am On May 11, 2019
Na to go buy my own meter now o
Buh hw i wan cope
I dey smile for estimated billing cos me wey dey on ac 24/7,on fridge,iron,tv.everythin is on.
I prefer estimated abeg
I love one thing
Cutting corners
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by BigBashiru: 8:10am On May 11, 2019
Walking:
It pains me that, it is same challenge as one government comes and go.

Since my young age, I have never experienced a stable power supply, and the annoying thing is that, it get worse instead of it getting better.

I just don't known the kind of leaders we elect.
So clueless and heartless.

95% of Nigerians are slothful (lazy). The genco and disco workers are lazy which affects your electricity experience. The leaders are not the issue.

That's the truth. Take insecurity in Nigeria. All buhari can do is direct security chiefs but they are lazy even if they were hardworking the security personnel themselves will just do the minimum aka laziness.

The black race is fu**ed
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by tayour917i(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2019
chloride6:

world most sensible human being... your head is correct oga mi
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by xtrim1: 8:16am On May 11, 2019
2 weeks of continuous blackout or 2 weeks cumulative blackout? They give us electricity for less than 12 hours daily fa. That's more than two weeks blackout.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Daboomb: 8:17am On May 11, 2019
MrThisandthat:
These people will just wake up and announce rubbish...

Those pple wey dey disconnect light no dey read all these garbage o, if u like no Pay!

The people that disconnect are very much aware that Nigeria is full of Muumu people like you, who dont know their right from their left and are too timid and too much in a hurry to fight for their rights.

#Suffering and Smilling
~ Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Nobody: 8:18am On May 11, 2019
chloride6:

Thank you. NERC can't even fight billing company, they're hiding behind the citizens and urging us to attack. What a humongous shame. Primary school mentality.
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by xreal: 8:20am On May 11, 2019
Austindark:
Actions and reactions are equal and opposite!!!!!

You can't be paying for what you don't get simple..

Nice one
But I hope this don't lead to attacks on the power workers.

it has and will always lead to attacks on those touts NEPA employed to solely disconnect people, cos they are not carried along in this kind of decision made and unfortunately, they neither read nor listen to news.
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Daboomb: 8:23am On May 11, 2019
OpinionCounts:

But what if they still bill you and the regulatory body is not in the know, just like they do for estimated billing system when there was no prepaid meter?

The instruction not to pay is just to get you aware that there is a regulation by the body giving you the right to refuse payment after the stated time, they may have also as part of the regulation instructed the disco's not to bill, but you know in Nigeria only the end user can monitor that.

Nigerians (most) are the worst set of people to assist, in this world.
They want you to do everything for them, while they just reap the benefit.

In Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, e.t.c.....it is the citizens that fought for their freedom and dignity!
Some of them paid the 'supreme price' but those alive are enjoying the benefit (they did not SELFISHLY think: Me l dont want to die for the cause, while the rest of you enjoy the benefit).

But in Nigeria, even when the law is passed to protect them, just to "exercise the right" offered by that law, they will be asking you to also exercise it on their behalf!

Lazy, selfish lots.
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by MrThisandthat(m): 8:23am On May 11, 2019
Daboomb:

The people that disconnect are very much aware that Nigeria is full of Muumu people like you, who dont know their right from their left and are too timid and too much in a hurry to fight for their rights.

#Suffering and Smilling
~ Fela Anikulapo Kuti

Is ur Hopeless and Good for nothing Mother
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by PFRB: 8:29am On May 11, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

I will advice any able young man to leave Nigeria asap. Go to Canada, USA or Scandinavia countries legally. You will be better there. Don't let lazy folks decieve you. It is a society that rewards hardwork.

Don't listen to small enterprenuers decieving you the bullshit of you can start small. Go and start small over there. You will be better off. They reward intelligence and hardwork.

However, if you believe you can make it here, you can. It requires tenacity, maneuvers, and patience not hardwork. Nigeria will not get better in 20years to come.

Richdad

I have been advising young people that I meet. Leave this country as soon as you can. When I had the chance I thought Nigeria would be good. I was wrong. Do not make the same mistake as I made.
Re: Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations by Mike4S: 8:29am On May 11, 2019
My Lafiaji people here in Lekki should take note. It is two weeks and still counting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeem Akintunde's Post Before The Crash / James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra / Nigeria Constitution And Human Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.