Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments (56203 Views)

Ben Bruce Congratulates Edun, Ribadu, Alake On Their Appointments By Tinubu / Isaac Fayose: Atiku Plans To Install Emirs In Southern Nigeria / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by Reader02: 3:46pm On May 11, 2019
I am from Kano state. I believe that what this stupid governor did to our blessings state must hunt and Mourn his life in the future because Kano traditional emirate does not belong to any political set

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by OwoLee(m): 4:01pm On May 11, 2019
tiredoflife:
The fight is beyond what u see
This fight is coming from the council of state and also from the sultan of sokoto
The emir of kano is making too much noise
He is exalting his throne above the powers that be
He was used to remove Jonathan
But he began to feel too big
Bigger than the powers that made him
Atiku won more votes in kano cos of his utterances
This was a blow to the powers that be
He had to be tamed
Council of state don't like to be challenged
He did it to the former C-in-C Jonathan
Now he is part of the council of state
They dont forgive
So they made sure they bring his throne down
There is only one northern king
And that's the sultan of sokoto
He is more known than the throne of the sultan
He had to be clipped

Is that life, from what you wrote, should we continue to live in denial and make believe?
Sanusi doesn't like what's happening in the north, how the north look so malfunction because of this sets of leaders. The earlier the the better for the populace to see his intention and join him to fight this bad set of leaders. Am not a northerner, it's their problem...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by bmos(m): 5:10pm On May 11, 2019
illiteratepmb:
This next level go sweet die. Sanusi is already on the next level faah

Chei!! So it won't be Sanusi alone that will henceforth be riding the white horse at their annual durbar! Shege Gandollar!!

1 Like

Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by duscollins: 5:11pm On May 11, 2019
Both of you are intelligent and will do better if you show a little understanding in your choice of words.

StOla:

You even know what is termed intellectual laziness, yet all that happens to politicians and leaders in Nigeria, is owing to their support or otherwise of a failed and democratically sacked Jonathan?

You expect me to argue regime performance with a zombie that terms all that was wrong about a corruption ridden Jonathan regime as Media Trial?

Better move on with your life and accept that Jonathan did his time and was sacked. He does not own Nigeria and Nigerians do not owe him anything, but rather should be grateful that Nigerians afforded him the opportunity to once lead the country.

20yrs from now, Zombies like you will still be relating all political happenings to who supported or opposed Jonathan.

How silly and simple can a mind become?
Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by wirinet(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2019
Awol1:
Atiku is reaping what he sowed.

Saraki has reaped his.

Kwankwaso is reaping his.

Tinubu will reap his.

Sanusi is in deep sh*t reaping his own in thousand folds.

It's bad for Sanusi's history that it was during his time that the almighty and age-long Kano emirate was bastardized and he couldn't do jack.

They fought GEJ, he picked his bags and walked away.

Now, they all don't know what's hitting them.

I wonder how long it will also certain tribe in Nigeria to get over Jonathan's loss. It's 4 years on and they are still wailing every day. Even if someone losses a father, husband/wife or other loved one, it would not take 4 years to get over the loss.

I don't know how a simple political battled between the governor and Emir of Kanu has any connection with Jonathan's loss. The Government simply wants to reduced the power of the emir, as he feels threatened by the size and population under the Kano emirate.

1 Like

Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by Wetlands22: 6:56pm On May 11, 2019
StOla:

Why did you omit that GEJ also reaped what he sowed by getting a sack from office by the Nigerians he failed after their earlier support to bring him to power?

Or does your impression of justice stem off from Jonathan as the victim?

Do you have a life of your own besides gloating on behalf of GEJ who has reaped his own sowing?
The most stupid talk ever
GEJ is more better than anyone you see in power today
Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by oyatz(m): 8:25pm On May 11, 2019
You are partially right.
Gaya is an ancient town that existed before Kano was formed around the Data Hills.

Bichi, Tofa, Karaye etc have existed as independent Kingdoms long before Fulani Jihadists conquered them and annexed into Kano Emirate.

teufelein:
I don't know, but from the deep history I have been reading, perhaps there is something deeper to this Kano brouhaha than Sanusi.
Don't get me wrong.
The immediate cause of the current defanging of SLS is political.
But seems Ganduje may have capitalised on a generational feud between the Hausa indigenes and the Fulani conqueror descendants of Othman Dan Fodio.

Kano, the 1,000 year old kingdom was conquered at some point by Othman Dan Fodio who eventually entrenched Islam and gave the throne to his entrusted allies while deposing and demoting the local Hausa monarchs.
I am being made to believe many see the division of the Kano emirate as a righting of some historical wrong.
I don't have the complete picture to form an opinion.
I will have to dig further.

But if this be the case, and we go down this route, I am not sure the city of Ilorin(formerly of yorubas), and the dramatis personae in that feud that led to Ilorin becoming an emirate will be left out.
History is indeed very sweet.
Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by budaatum: 11:48pm On May 12, 2019
I doubt this piss head law breaking gandollar can bother Sanusi. Turns out he needs the Emir's permission besides he already contravened the law.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1237907-new-kano-emirates-i-aware-court-order-ganduje.html

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1237832-breaking-court-restrains-governor-ganduje-reducing-emir-sanusis-powers.html
Re: Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments by budaatum: 11:52pm On May 12, 2019
OwoLee:

Is that life, from what you wrote, should we continue to live in denial and make believe?
Sanusi doesn't like what's happening in the north, how the north look so malfunction because of this sets of leaders. The earlier the the better for the populace to see his intention and join him to fight this bad set of leaders. Am not a northerner, it's their problem...
He has after all been opposing their 'traditions' and even had his daughter no hijab respectfully making a speech in public.

I think the North will support him. Gandollar has no foundation after his four years are up and no intelligent person would want to go down with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules / Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Buratai In Early Morning Jogging Exercise With Soldiers / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.