Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) (27018 Views)

Make $250 Per Month On Autopilot / How I Made $250 In A Week Doing 1hr Job Per Day / $250 Per Day For 36 Days In A Row:o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by BeautifulMind2: 6:52pm On May 11, 2019
iammo:

mumu, gas and crude oil are traded on international market, we can buy from anywhere including Ondo state and lagos state just l;ike non oil producing countries like indai and isreal.... if una like drink una oyel... plenty people they sell so drink your oil, and even if dangote owns the refinery who told you we wont enjoy every single tax on every littler refined, do you now see an idiot has an higher iq than you
Otondo, Ondo and Lagos doesn't have Gas, the oil from Ondo and Lagos is 3.7% of total oil production in Nigeria, when Nigeria cease to exist, other regions airports and seaports will be more viable, Lagos will experience sharp decline on IGR, businesses, population and what have you, that's the truth.
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by ken6488(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2019
PVision2020:

And which state is Ibori and controlling?

You don't learn

Ibori is just respected..

Here

People just love him

He doesn't force candidate on us

He just advise them
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by ken6488(m): 7:01pm On May 11, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

First you can not compare the investment in SS due oil to the type of Chinese investment in SW. One is temporary for instance oil rig installations, once the field is dry, they move away while the other is permanent e.g rail transport system, among others.
It would be hard for your region to receiver an independent private investor for the following reasons:
Crime: the rate of kidnapping in SS is alarming and disgraceful.
Riot/unrest: everyone knows SS is not peaceful.
Check the airport newly commissioned in bayelsa and check how many people have started using it in Nigeria not to talk of foreign investors.
Hence the reason why foreign investors see your region bad for business, unlike SW of course cheesy
And you comparing Fulani to Chinese or the event that happened centuries back is stupid, please don’t mention me again.

You guys lost. Ilorin already

Are you ready to lose Lagos ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Famoustemmy(m): 7:48pm On May 11, 2019
at last... Nigeria has being sold.. abeg who collect the money? make I come collect my own share
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Rossikk(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2019
lilwetdick:
Soon the chinese will take that port when you cant pay back the debt.

na so...... stop reading garbage online.

2 Likes

Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by SirLakes: 8:19pm On May 11, 2019
bluke:
no water,
no electricity,
no health service,
no good schools yet millions on dry port.
ibadan to lagos is how many km.

thats why Jesus wept.

I tire oo grin
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by ruggie: 11:18pm On May 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I think a friend of mine told me Akinyele/Ojo axis. Although I am not sure.

Is there anyone else that can confirm or deny this?

The reason I am interested in this is that on my way to my farm I pass a federal govt sign that says "Ibadan Dry Port" near Erunmu junction on the way to Iwo. The place definitely looks abandoned, so maybe the port is being relocated. But it would be nice if that location is revived, especially since the railroad line passes right beside that location.( And selfishly , since it is near my farm, probably more sales opportunities in the future. smiley )
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:23pm On May 11, 2019
ruggie:

Is there anyone else that can confirm or deny this?

The reason I am interested in this is that on my way to my farm I pass a federal govt sign that says "Ibadan Dry Port" near Erunmu junction on the way to Iwo. The place definitely looks abandoned, so maybe the port is being relocated. But it would be nice if that location is revived, especially since the railroad line passes right beside that location.( And selfishly , since it is near my farm, probably more sales opportunities in the future. smiley )
Way to iwo road ?

Which means the guy probably wanted to scam me!

He told me he knew few engineers working on the project.
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by ruggie: 11:45pm On May 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Way to iwo road ?

Which means the guy probably wanted to scam me!

He told me he knew few engineers working on the project.

Not to "Iwo road" (the place I am talking about passes that area). Where I am talking about is about 1 to 3 km from the Erunmu junction ( via Google maps the co-ordinates are 7.451434, 4.035870 or 7.452904, 4.051960 .... unfortunately, I just do not remember which of the the points I saw that sign).

And also, as I said, I am just interested in confirming. The person you spoke to might be correct and that they are truly going to be at the location mentioned. Do not take my word for it. I do not, I might have gotten it wrong , that is why I put the question out there in order to confirm what the real deal is.

The next time I head out to the farm, I will definitely take a closer look at the sign anf maybe even take a picture and post just to be sure.
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:51pm On May 11, 2019
ruggie:

Not to "Iwo road" (the place I am talking about passes that area). Where I am talking about is about 1 to 3 km from the Erunmu junction ( via Google maps the co-ordinates are 7.451434, 4.035870 or 7.452904, 4.051960 .... unfortunately, I just do not remember which of the the points I saw that sign).

And also, as I said, I am just interested in confirming. The person you spoke to might be correct and that they are truly going to be at the location mentioned. Do not take my word for it. I do not, I might have gotten it wrong , that is why I put the question out there in order to confirm what the real deal is.

The next time I head out to the farm, I will definitely take a closer look at the sign anf maybe even take a picture and post just to be sure.

Ok bruv, do that and confirm to me here anytime you are free.

I will really appreciate it.
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Originalsly: 5:33am On May 12, 2019
festacman:
Good development in terms of creation of jobs, opening up the economy with its multiplier effects and reducing the 'confusion' in Lagos.

Can somebody help me tell Governor Obiano to please leverage his bold relationship with President Buhari to reach out to the some Chinese investors for a joint venture to build and operate Onitsha port.

How is this good development? The project is in whose interest?...Nigerians or the Chinese? Chinese investors.... do you think this is a charity project? 40K jobs...what kind what pay?... throwing crumbs at us and we are sooo thankful and sooo grateful. What are they getting in return? Buhari is promising to help.them...help them exploit us... and you are saying good development. What concessions are they getting? Who will run the port? Would they have all rights and controls?...will they set charges?...and not have to return any to the FG for the next 50/100 years? Is the project not for them to export our resources faster and more efficiently?
Free Trade Zone.... slave camp.... peanuts for pay with absolutely no controls by the host governments... but we beat our chest counting jobs.
We are welcoming the Chinese to put a noose around our necks...and proudly calling it development.... committing suicide and don't even know.
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by festacman(m): 8:42am On May 12, 2019
Originalsly:

How is this good development? The project is in whose interest?...Nigerians or the Chinese? Chinese investors.... do you think this is a charity project? 40K jobs...what kind what pay?... throwing crumbs at us and we are sooo thankful and sooo grateful. What are they getting in return? Buhari is promising to help.them...help them exploit us... and you are saying good development. What concessions are they getting? Who will run the port? Would they have all rights and controls?...will they set charges?...and not have to return any to the FG for the next 50/100 years? Is the project not for them to export our resources faster and more efficiently?
Free Trade Zone.... slave camp.... peanuts for pay with absolutely no controls by the host governments... but we beat our chest counting jobs.
We are welcoming the Chinese to put a noose around our necks...and proudly calling it development.... committing suicide and don't even know.
I like your passion. The truth is we mismanaged our earnings over the years while China conserved, invested and used theirs to expand their economy, develop infrastructure and build human capital. We blew our chance. Now we are stranded. Most Europeans fund providers give stringent conditions because they know our corrupt leaders will divert any infrastructural loan to personal use. China is not begging to help. We are the one begging them to help us. They are self sufficient with well developed economy. They have agreed to help but they are going about it the most practical ways to assuage risks involved and secure their money. You shouldn't blame them for that. They are not charity organization.

I don't know how old you are but it might interest you to know that in the 70's when we were super rich, we spent a fortune suporting blacks in South Africa against apartheid struggle and we didn't gain anything in return except shabby treatment by the same black governments. In the 80's we did the same thing in Liberia and Sierra leone. But China is not as 'stupid' as we were.

So, if you are strongly against Chinese assistance to Nigeria to develop BELATEDLY our infrastructure, what alternative funding do you suggest? I would like to hear from you.

2 Likes

Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Originalsly: 10:07am On May 12, 2019
festacman:

China is not begging to help. We are the one begging them to help us. They are self sufficient with well developed economy. They have agreed to help but they are going about it the most practical ways to assuage risks involved and secure their money.

I don't know how old you are but it might interest you to know that in the 70's when we were super rich, we spent a fortune suporting blacks in South Africa against apartheid struggle and we didn't gain anything in return except shabby treatment by the same black governments.

Fine...let's engage. For starters... I can even engage about the Slave Trade...doesn't mean I was around...but who knows?!
On South Africa.... money spent for freedom is never wasted. That was for a noble cause.... and we were not the only ones...we were helping to fight oppression. Yes... the present Black governmemt seem to forget what we have done for them. Our own government...for yearsssss.... also seem to forget that we once fought oppression in a foreign land...and to date... here they are oppressing their own citizens in their own land. How ironic.
Now to the main bout.
China is not self sufficient...neither is the West. Are they now industrialised?....yes they are. It takes raw materials to run industries. Does China have the raw materials to run their industries? No they don't....therefore they are not self sufficient. Africa is the frontier for raw material.... they want it badly... the West as well. China is all over Africa..... to extract raw materials... to get a foothold.... Free Zones to move their industries close to the source of raw materials.... they have found a way to get a foothold. Building roads and ports...note... electricity is basic... we are lacking in electricity.... but they are not interested in helping us there....not now....why? Because the present phase is to get raw materials out of Africa as quickly and as much as possible. How is that done?....rail and ports. Rail to get it from inland... deep water ports to have huge ships take it out..... add value.... and return as import. How is this development for us?
Loans from Europe..... yes...we should take loans from those who have stringent rules to ensure the monies are used for the intended purposes. What's wrong with that? China will give a loan ...knowing the leaders will swallow it and the project never completed.... but those loans will be tied to other interests. E.g...Nigeria asks for $200M to build a bridge....the Chinese says ok... repay in 5 years with X amount of interest/month... which they know will not happen....but if you fail to meet the conditions... we will lay claim to your waterfront / we will take half of Sambisa forest as compensation.... wherein...their aim is to get Sambisa forest to exploit its forestry...its minerals...and in the end...maybe establish a Chinese community there. Chinese are long term planners.
Have you noticed when Europeans come to do a project ....they leave after completion? Do the Chinese ever leave? Europeans come to do a project...do they ever bring manual labourers? Do the Chinese? Why?
Take this to the bank...... China and the West need Africa wayyyy more than Africa needs them. Africa can survive on its own without China or the West...... but neither can survive without Africa. We have what they want... but we are allowing them to dictate to us when we should be the ones laying down the conditions. That's my beef.

3 Likes

Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by festacman(m): 2:34pm On May 12, 2019
Originalsly:

Fine...let's engage. For starters... I can even engage about the Slave Trade...doesn't mean I was around...but who knows?!
On South Africa.... money spent for freedom is never wasted. That was for a noble cause.... and we were not the only ones...we were helping to fight oppression. Yes... the present Black governmemt seem to forget what we have done for them. Our own government...for yearsssss.... also seem to forget that we once fought oppression in a foreign land...and to date... here they are oppressing their own citizens in their own land. How ironic.
Now to the main bout.
China is not self sufficient...neither is the West. Are they now industrialised?....yes they are. It takes raw materials to run industries. Does China have the raw materials to run their industries? No they don't....therefore they are not self sufficient. Africa is the frontier for raw material.... they want it badly... the West as well. China is all over Africa..... to extract raw materials... to get a foothold.... Free Zones to move their industries close to the source of raw materials.... they have found a way to get a foothold. Building roads and ports...note... electricity is basic... we are lacking in electricity.... but they are not interested in helping us there....not now....why? Because the present phase is to get raw materials out of Africa as quickly and as much as possible. How is that done?....rail and ports. Rail to get it from inland... deep water ports to have huge ships take it out..... add value.... and return as import. How is this development for us?
Loans from Europe..... yes...we should take loans from those who have stringent rules to ensure the monies are used for the intended purposes. What's wrong with that? China will give a loan ...knowing the leaders will swallow it and the project never completed.... but those loans will be tied to other interests. E.g...Nigeria asks for $200M to build a bridge....the Chinese says ok... repay in 5 years with X amount of interest/month... which they know will not happen....but if you fail to meet the conditions... we will lay claim to your waterfront / we will take half of Sambisa forest as compensation.... wherein...their aim is to get Sambisa forest to exploit its forestry...its minerals...and in the end...maybe establish a Chinese community there. Chinese are long term planners.
Have you noticed when Europeans come to do a project ....they leave after completion? Do the Chinese ever leave? Europeans come to do a project...do they ever bring manual labourers? Do the Chinese? Why?
Take this to the bank...... China and the West need Africa wayyyy more than Africa needs them. Africa can survive on its own without China or the West...... but neither can survive without Africa. We have what they want... but we are allowing them to dictate to us when we should be the ones laying down the conditions. That's my beef.
Found your submissions interesting but I still insist we shot ourselves in the leg as a country through mismanagement of our resources. Having become disabled, we need China and Europe more than they need us at least for some years to come. It is not their fault that when we were rich, we did not invest in even essential infrastruture nor develop our human capital. At the present they can exist without our raw materials as there alternative source from less developed Asian, Eastern Europes and South America.

1 Like

Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Originalsly: 3:00pm On May 12, 2019
festacman:

Found your submissions interesting but I still insist we shot ourselves in the leg as a country through mismanagement of our resources. Having become disabled, we need China and Europe more than they need us at least for some years to come. It is not their fault that when we were rich, we did not invest in even essential infrastruture nor develop our human capital. At the present they can exist without our raw materials as there alternative source from less developed Asian, Eastern Europes and South America.

I hear you on the mismanagement...yes we did shoot ourselves in the foot... but are we not doing the same again? Yes ...South America have a whole lot of raw materials.... Brazil in particular...but they would not allow the Chinese to exploit them. The major raw material today is cobalt...found mainly in the Congo...the element used widely for digital tech....China and the West are all fighting for position there...the US is setting up military bases under the pretext of fighting Islamic terrorists.... Ebola is suddenly a problem in that region.... germ warfare and we don't even know......Bill Gates doing soooo much good for Africans... chose to help using vaccines.... population control and we don't even know. ...low sperm count becoming wide spread... more women not conceiving as we blame the village people....we need to open our eyes and not just open our mouths wide and gobble down the carrots they dangle in front of us. Yes we are hungry...but we are not starving ... we stumbled... and fell... but we are not dead... we have the strength to rise on our own. Phewwww!...I need a drink......and a smoke! grin
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by festacman(m): 3:32pm On May 12, 2019
Originalsly:

I hear you on the mismanagement...yes we did shoot ourselves in the foot... but are we not doing the same again? Yes ...South America have a whole lot of raw materials.... Brazil in particular...but they would not allow the Chinese to exploit them. The major raw material today is cobalt...found mainly in the Congo...the element used widely for digital tech....China and the West are all fighting for position there...the US is setting up military bases under the pretext of fighting Islamic terrorists.... Ebola is suddenly a problem in that region.... germ warfare and we don't even know......Bill Gates doing soooo much good for Africans... chose to help using vaccines.... population control and we don't even know. ...low sperm count becoming wide spread... more women not conceiving as we blame the village people....we need to open our eyes and not just open our mouths wide and gobble down the carrots they dangle in front of us. Yes we are hungry...but we are not starving ... we stumbled... and fell... but we are not dead... we have the strength to rise on our own. Phewwww!...I need a drink......and a smoke! grin
And let that drink be chilled!

1 Like

Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by bluke(m): 10:54am On May 20, 2019
Rolings:

The reason is decongestion of traffic in Apapa that's causing gridlock and reduce number of trucks going to Lagos, Its a laudable project that you should applaud if not for hatred... Jesus will not weep because this is the way those countries we admire became what they are

what of the one in ogum. 40 miles 25mins drive.
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by Rolings: 3:46pm On May 20, 2019
bluke:

what of the one in ogum. 40 miles 25mins drive.

I'm not aware there's a dry port in Ogun state, what they have are train stations.... Ogun doesn't need a dry port due to its proximity to Lagos but Ibadan needs one so as to reduce the number trucks and importers going to Lagos , people from all over south west (including many parts of Ogun state) and kwara will clear their goods in Ibadan instead of going to Lagos.
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by ruggie: 6:39pm On May 23, 2019
According to this, there will actually be two of these ports in Ibadan.

Can anyone (who actually knows what is going on) shed some more light on this ?

https://punchng.com/ibadan-to-get-two-dry-ports

I know a railway line passes by Erunmu, so a port there kind of makes sense.
However, I do not remember a railway line going in the direction of Moniya.
Does this mean traffic crossing over to connect these two locations ?
Re: China To Invest $250 Million On Ibadan Dry Port (photo) by bluke(m): 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
Chukwurah003:

You lack wisdom

u lack sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! / Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People / The Best Firm For Pension Fund - Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.