Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

Gov. Amosun Loves Me, Hates My People – Awujale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Amosun Loves Me, Hates My People – Awujale (352 Views)

2023: Asiwaju Tinubu Visits Awujale, Tells Him About His Ambition / Obasanjo Visits Gov. Amosun At His Oke-mosan,abeokuta Office(photos) / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Amosun Loves Me, Hates My People – Awujale by besti12: 10:11am On May 11, 2019
The Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, has blamed Governor Ibikunle Amosun for disdaining individuals of Ijebuland in Ogun State.

He made this case while talking at the third Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona Professorial Chair in Governance Lecture sorted out to praise his 85th birthday celebration and 59th year on the privileged position, yesterday.

The conventional ruler, notwithstanding, said in spite of his supposed aversion for Ijebu, Amosun indicated him cherish.

This address titled, ‘Grassroots: The Soft Underbelly of Nigeria’s Political Architecture,’ was conveyed by Prof Ayo Olukotun of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye.

The Awujale, who talked in Yoruba, stated: “I should express gratitude toward Governor Amosun because he remained by me yet that isn’t sufficient. For you to have tossed stones at an Ijebu individual, you have thrown rocks at me.

“Amosun dislikes the Ijebu individuals, but instead he is my companion. He cherishes me, and he is near me, yet when you guarantee to adore me and detest Ijebu individuals, consequently, you hate me as well.

“In this way, whatever has happened has occurred and is gone. In this way, I need every one of us to meet up and do things together so we can together accomplish our ideal nation.”

On the condition of the country, Awujale stated: “Numerous individuals are tired of the circumstance of things in the nation because a large number of the items in our grasp currently are phony. At the point when everyone is sick of the situation, we should return to how we got things done in the days of yore at last.

“Back then, the conventional ruler was simply the legislature the general population picked. However, at this point, they are presently engine park young men who originate from the government officials.

“In any case, what do we do? May God spare all of us from this. To address this, we should return to how we got things done in the past period when the general population picked one of them.”

Then, the visitor instructor, Prof. Olokotun said the much-touted nearby government self-governance would not ensure excellent administration at the grassroots.

He stated, “Intriguing as that proposition seems to be, it doesn’t ensure that the nearby governments so improved will serve the interests of the general population or be completely responsible to them. It would likewise appear to keep running contrary to what would be expected of genuine federalism if nearby governments are disengaged from the states which distribution center them.”

He saw that nearby governments have bombed in their obligations to the general population.

Olukotun, who is additionally the inhabitant of Oba Adetona scholarly seat said our nearby governments don’t perform. “What is the yield of our nearby governments. In different climes, neighborhood governments fabricate houses, streets and another framework that sway definitely on the way of life of the general population.

“We have specific administration deficiency in this nation, and shockingly our government officials are not discussing them; somewhat they are jarring for 2023.

“How the neighborhood governments were made it feasible for individuals who need regard of the indigenes to develop as pioneers .”

read more: https://gistok.ng/gov-amosun-loves-me-hates-my-people-awujale/

Re: Gov. Amosun Loves Me, Hates My People – Awujale by LibertyRep: 10:38am On May 11, 2019
Your Highness, it is unfair to hit a man when he is already down. Hate is a strong word.

What's the basis for saying he hates the Ijebu people? Is it because he refused to support a candidate from Ogun East or because of the perceived lopsidedness in citing infrastructural project?

(1) (Reply)

Next Level Starts Tommorow... Tell The Government What You Want. / President Muhammadu Buhari Takes Oath Of Office. / Flooding: Eti-osa Residents Cry To Sanwo-olu For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.