Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? (5915 Views)

Healing: Masquerades Go To Church With Native Doctor For Thanksgiving / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Pastor Adeboye Visits Church With Uncompleted Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Mrkumareze(m): 9:51am On May 12, 2019
It's just a way of encouraging the pastor that we are flowing along ... Na inside car my own dey...
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by havilla(f): 10:02am On May 12, 2019
It helps me to concentrate and not get distracted by people or my thoughts.
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by lonelydora: 10:03am On May 12, 2019
seunlayi:
During pastor messages in churches, the congregations always appears busy writing whatever note they can make from the preachers messages on notebook, sheets of papers, phones, i_pads, laptops, etc even some even go to the extent of asking people around them any word or bible passage that they think they missed during the service all with seriousness.

My question is that for you as a Christian, how often meditate on those message notes or you just write it down for writing sake? Has it been helpful to you?

Share your thoughts

Lol. Mine ends up on my book shelf after church. I only bring it out every Sunday morning grin
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Nackzy: 10:28am On May 12, 2019
Don't mind them they are pretenders, immediately that note gets home that's the end, Fornication and Adultery takes over and all other vices
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Image123(m): 10:43am On May 12, 2019
Serious people take note. Not just in church, but any meeting. Except you have computer brain, or you lack discipline, or you don't even know why you are in church. If people didn't take notes, how will we have Bible. Imagine if Moses was just nodding as God was speaking to him. He'll probably forget 80% of what God said. How many will you see to read today?

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by phr0nesis(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2019
DWJOBScom:

It sticks more when you write and if you have friend or in relationship it’s best to discuss what you learnt from church and the note comes handy if that occasion comes up. If you had parents while growing up who wants to know what you were taught or learnt while in church then the note comes to help. It’s okay to write and don’t stop writing
I will try

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Jobabori(m): 12:13pm On May 12, 2019
[quote author=Image123 post=78322565]Serious people take note. Not just in church, but any meeting. Except you have computer brain, or you lack discipline, or you don't even know why you are in church. If people didn't take notes, how will we have Bible. Imagine if Moses was just nodding as God was speaking to him. He'll probably forget 80% of what God said. How many will you see to read today? [/quote
So it was Moses himself who wrote the book of Exodus and others. How was he able to narrate the story of his birth?
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by seunlayi(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2019
Trustme2:
Am preparing for church now. When it gets to front page I will respond

It is there already
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Image123(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2019
[quote author=Jobabori post=78324686][/quote]

You are missing the point all together and diverting the topic. Anyway, same way you know anything you were not physically present when it happened. A student of history for instance should be able to narrate the story of Nigeria's independence or constitutions.
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by DWJOBScom(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2019
phr0nesis:

I will try

Well done
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by bong4(m): 12:48pm On May 12, 2019
funkyjms:

LOL. Who doesn't know Living Faith is Winners Chapel?
You just wan' single them out like only their members write. grin

No. I don't notes all the messages and verses and I don't have a problem with anyone that decides to make a minutes of the day.
However, there are some quotes, verses, phrase, points that would trigger your spirit and you just have to pen down. In fact, an idea may just pop up anytime, may not even be related to what's being preached.
So, I'm always with my pen and a small piece affix to my Bible together with my phone.

You grabbed all these words from my head. On point!
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by seuncyrus(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2019
Take note in every service. You'll never know when you need it or when God can speak to you through it . Even if you don't need it now , you'll still need it later.,.you can get a revelation through previous sermons, i am a living testimony to that.
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by bong4(m): 12:51pm On May 12, 2019
Nackzy:
Don't mind them they are pretenders, immediately that note gets home that's the end, Fornication and Adultery takes over and all other vices

Please don't judge. We all sin differently. The question was. "How useful is the note taking to you"? We are expected to tell our personal experience and not what others do with theirs.
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Phlakes(f): 1:32pm On May 12, 2019
So that I wont sleep during the service
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by femi4: 2:45pm On May 12, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Those notes na just for swag. These days I don't even carry Bible
you are probably not a teacher of the word. If you are, you ll always refer to your old notes for references
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2019
Note taking enhances concentration besides, as a member of any unit, you live ready because leadership may fall on you at short notice.

As a person, I am never going to be in an environment where I am suppose to learn without documented evidence from that environment, for posterity.

Sunday 12th: Communion and Divine Favour Banquet Service
Call to service : psalms 107:1-17
Ministering: Pst Dr. Oka
Focus: Engaging the breakthrough power of divine guidance

Communion is simply god telling you to come and unite with him so you can become all he has called you to be.

Isa 58:11 - 12

Breakthrough connotes that there is a barrier to movement.
You are either guided by the divine or by the flesh

Getting guidance implies a willingness to listen to the one leading you.
Everyone is entitled to the voice of God...John 10:4.. every true son of God hears his voice.
It is only a destructive end if anyone is led by the flesh.
There are voices but there is a divine voice… The wicked can be witched you through any earthly material you covet to the point of adoration… Anything that you can not let go if at the instance of divine voice can be used to destroy you

Ways of Accessing Divine Guidance

Continue to watch in the spirit…. A cordless microphone Christian is one without connectivity to the Holy Spirit. Be corded microphone and remain connected to the source through the Holy Spirit. ... Hab 2:1...watching means being sensitive to the spirit…. Romans 12:11…. Knowing a tree from a shrub...a tree does not branch of early and can go for 40 years without branches but a shrub grows branches as soon as it is out of the soil…. Disrespect grows in the body if Christ because too many are in a hurry to grow branches. Be fervent in spirit...be humble.. God is always friendly to humanity but always resist the proud… James 4:6… Any time you are cutting down leadership you are undoing your destiny… You are deleting your destiny. …. Resisting pride through cutting down the interference of your flesh in the supernatural…. Colo 3:5….. Mortuary attendant, mortician...the grammar has changed but the activity remains the same. God made us mortician of our flesh.
Through praise and worship with one's lifestyle. Psalm 34:1… Praise creates an atmosphere for God to come in. Praise is not always versed in rhythms and instruments. Psalm 100:4
Be in love with God by loving him and his word. You can be in church without loving God but you can not love God and not be in church. …. Being Ever ready to be in his presence is the attribute of a genuine lover of God. To love him is to be in touch with him… When you love him you are qualified to be called his friend

Proof of divine guidance
Divine strength… God cannot take you to where his strength cannot sustain you…. Dan 11:32… Working contrary to his covenant is wickedness.. Judges 16:14
Supernatural supplies… Isa 48:21 …. When you are under divine guidance the environment doesn't determine your destiny rather you command the environment to respect your destiny.
Removes all fears… Fear fears the fear in your life when it is the fear of God… You don't frighten a native doctor son with a toy for he has seen them all in all shapes and sizes. .. When you walk with God enemies walk away from you. Enemies plays around you because you relationship with God is not serious and hot… Psalms 23:4…. 1 Sam 14:6-7… The one that walks in uprightness walks assuredly.

Bruno3000:
Its just for show off esp in winners chapel aka living faith.
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2019
Means you don't have responsibility. Most probably in your twenty otherwise your concern would be more ennobling.

Nbote:
Na to show off as serious students... U know if U are not nodding to what d pastor says or jotting something U are considered an unserious member
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2019
It is even an historical records for your children. People don't have a sense of responsibility and are not concern with their footprint

DWJOBScom:

It sticks more when you write and if you have friend or in relationship it’s best to discuss what you learnt from church and the note comes handy if that occasion comes up. If you had parents while growing up who wants to know what you were taught or learnt while in church then the note comes to help. It’s okay to write and don’t stop writing

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Bruno3000(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2019
funkyjms:

LOL. Who doesn't know Living Faith is Winners Chapel?
You just wan' single them out like only their members write. grin

No. I don't notes all the messages and verses and I don't have a problem with anyone that decides to make a minutes of the day.
However, there are some quotes, verses, phrase, points that would trigger your spirit and you just have to pen down. In fact, an idea may just pop up anytime, may not even be related to what's being preached.
So, I'm always with my pen and a small piece affix to my Bible together with my phone.
OK sooo. ride on
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by danigbo(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2019
Taking notes helps me not to sleep during church service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by DWJOBScom(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
It is even an historical records for your children. People don't have a sense of responsibility and are not concern with their footprint

Well done and am 100% in agreement
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by rossychik(f): 8:01pm On May 12, 2019
To be honest, I hardly read them, but when I pen them down it helps me remember the topic of the sermon. Secondly, I can get a topic from there if I want to share the world of God in a gathering. Thirdly, I can get inspiration or something I want to research on furthermore, so I write it down immediately.
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Amanda4life: 9:36pm On May 12, 2019
Most christian s today when they get home they will

keep it inside a drawer and face nairaand and other social media.

INFACT social media will deny most christian s heaven
Including pastors, elders, deacon s.

and others
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by Lekan111(m): 8:21am On May 13, 2019
rummmy:
I go through them the same Sunday night but how sure are we with what they preach, those are their personal opinions, no one else can preach to you more than yourself...... Las Las religion is a bondage mankind don't know how to remove.
Good morning ma, you can know if you a pastor preaches is consistent with the word of God through studying of the scripture.
Anything from anyone that is at variant with the word of God must be thrown away
Re: Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? by booksrite(f): 5:43am On Jun 29, 2019
Taking notes helps me not to sleep during church service.

undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye / What About Love In The Quran? / I Want To Take Questions From Creationists And Educate Them On Evolution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.