Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:17 AM

5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money (18272 Views)

Not Making Enough Sales In Amazon KDP? Here Are The Reasons & How To Fix Them. / Amazon’s $31 Billion ‘advertisement Business’ Isn’t / Why Your Business Isn’t Making Enough Money And How You Can Change That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:19am On May 12, 2019
vapatrick.com

1. High Pricing

It’s very tough today in the business world, due to market changes, fluctuation of income and evolvement in customers’ and clients’ demand. Setting prices is first and very important in shaping your customers’ request and dictating the success of your business. Entrepreneurs should caution themselves in order not to set prices too high as it could lead to shortcomings in areas of intended buyers. In other words, ensure your product doesn’t cost more than of your competitors’, to help you stay in line with the entire target market policy.

2. You Don’t Have a Specific Income Goal

Before going into business, take your business idea and create structure and a strategy to follow. That is, try to define your ideal customers, the location best suited for your products and target audience. Setting income goals is fun and endearing because it challenges you to make your business profitable.

3. Poorly Priced Products

Although, it is very challenging to come up with prices for your products, but it’s not an impossible task to accomplish. First, conduct a market analysis to get a better understanding of your clients’ and study your competitors’ to know what they charge for such products. This is because setting a low price for your goods could yield to plenty of buyers patronizing you, but what’s the essence of making many sales without profit in return? Hence, set your product prices at per with others and create a friendly relationship to spur your customers’ to enliven their interests into making more buy. Furthermore, you can carry out a customer survey and analyze thembefore incorporating the ideas garnered into your business.

4. Nonexistent Online Presence

Taking your business online is a one-way method to make enough money as you reach out to a wider range of audience. Remember, your product is mostly what differentiates you from your competitors. Take your product to a platform you think matches the exact product you wish to show the populace. You could utilize Instagram to display quality images and short videos of your products to a potential audience as well. For strictly on videos, try making YouTube your best bet and so on. Every business has a platform it suits most as online space provides a wonderful platform for both big and small businesses to thrive and strengthen their brands. Endeavor to create a strong business relationship by using the power of social media and stand out from the crowd.

5. Low Turnover

There could be many problems leading to slow or low turnover. You might have reviewed and analyzed your business severally without knowing where the actual problem is coming from. Your issue may be that you’re not making the volume of sales you need to be due to poor quality of a product or related issues. Also, think of how the audience perceives your point of sale to project completion. Are you too slow? Is your customer service friendly enough to make angry customers completely easy?

Incorporate these ideas or steps into your business to help you make enough profit and also to enable your product become more efficient.

Source: https://vapatrick.com/2019/05/11/5-reasons-your-small-business-isnt-making-enough-money/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2019
Do you know any other reason that could prevent a business from making enough money? Kindly contribute.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2019
Do you know any other reason (s) that could prevent a business from making enough money? Kindly contribute.
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Kokoebapluse(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2019
cool. Yes I can call myself business man. I just want to share little Idea I get.

Last year December. I wish to start a business, and I choose recharge card selling business, I don't have money, but I have only just #1000. I fist look around and observe which network have high population in my area so that the card can start selling fast? So I bought mtn# 100 5 pices, Airtel #100 5 pices. Only and I start telling people that am selling recharge card, sometime if they ask card that I don't have or a very big card I will said it has finished should I give them in pieces? Some will agree some will reject. As time going people keep asking for card. The card keep growing but still the profits is not enough. So am tirsty of high profit. So I went and borrow money 15k from relative. From there my business increase and more profit. Now my card business worth 25k without held anyone 1kobo.

What I observed in business how much you put in business will determine profit sometime.

And first figure out what you really want from that business and have record for that business and separate record for what you really want in your business and don't joke with small money all money is big, no small money, and profits record is very important because without profit record that business will seem so dull to you and you may not enjoy it. But have record and set goal for your business, bro business sweet,

As I am now from my experience with my card start up. I believe I can sell anything with little lost or no lost at all.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2019
@ Kokoebapluse:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, with practical experience. I'm inspired, and I believe others are too. Thanks once again.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:42pm On May 12, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
Do you know any other reason (s) that could prevent a business from making enough money? Kindly contribute.
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:43pm On May 12, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
Do you know any other reason (s) that could prevent a business from making enough money? Feel free to contribute.
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by silverbirdng(f): 5:46pm On May 31, 2019
Three in court for allegedly stealing palm kernel in Ondo, see their pictures here grin
https://thickmatch.com/three-court-allegedly-stealing-palm-kernel-ondo/
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by morikee: 5:47pm On May 31, 2019
Door
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Scream(m): 5:47pm On May 31, 2019
Poor customer service..

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by themonk(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2019
6. Your village people. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by kanubiafra: 5:51pm On May 31, 2019
6. you are not igbo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by osuofia2(m): 5:51pm On May 31, 2019
buhari is the simple reason
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by sukerefakere(m): 5:52pm On May 31, 2019
6. Electricity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Whobedatte(m): 5:52pm On May 31, 2019
Kokoebapluse:
cool. Yes I can call myself business man. I just want to share little Idea I get.

Last year December. I wish to start a business, and I choose recharge card selling business, I don't have money, but I have only just #1000. I fist look around and observe which network have high population in my area so that the card can start selling fast? So I bought mtn# 100 5 pices, Airtel #100 5 pices. Only and I start telling people that am selling recharge card, sometime if they ask card that I don't have or a very big card I will said it has finished should I give them in pieces? Some will agree some will reject. As time going people keep asking for card. The card keep growing but still the profits is not enough. So am tirsty of high profit. So I went and borrow money 15k from relative. From there my business increase and more profit. Now my card business worth 25k without held anyone 1kobo.

What I observed in business how much you put in business will determine profit sometime.

And first figure out what you really want from that business and have record for that business and separate record for what you really want in your business and don't joke with small money all money is big, no small money, and profits record is very important because without profit record that business will seem so dull to you and you may not enjoy it. But have record and set goal for your business, bro business sweet,

As I am now from my experience with my card start up. I believe I can sell anything with little lost or no lost at all.
Hallelujah sad

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Drsmith01(m): 5:53pm On May 31, 2019
I swear i don't know what to say
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 31, 2019
How u dey make
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by RESHARPENED: 5:55pm On May 31, 2019
'A business prospers when friends and family pay for what they buy'

Aliko Dangote

There's no way a business would make enough money if you let your relatives and friends take products for free. Be wise!.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by helinues: 5:56pm On May 31, 2019
Bad manners
Un organised shop/office
Non challant attitudes to suggestions from customers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by helphelp: 5:57pm On May 31, 2019
Well
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by kelvinUchiha(m): 6:00pm On May 31, 2019
RIP to Tiffany
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by chisophia(f): 6:04pm On May 31, 2019
I make and sell baby dresses. Please I need clients. Location is Lagos
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Harrymig1(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2019
By not being open minded and not having growth in mind

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by toprealman: 6:37pm On May 31, 2019
chisophia:
Displaying it as your DP is a good way to start

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Mizwisdom(f): 6:39pm On May 31, 2019
If you've not found the business God destined for you, you will struggle and still not succeed, find your own business and you will excel without stress
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 31, 2019
if not for cost, Transportation and Food business are the best businesses that can bring in instant profit. Why? Because they are needs not wants.

Please suggest other business ideas that are lucrative below. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by damtan(m): 6:49pm On May 31, 2019
chisophia:
You fine sha cool
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Luvlyna(f): 6:53pm On May 31, 2019
tsjkii pls I want to know why the bot banned me from posting in the fashion clothing market. I sent you a mail u didn't reply
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Chigorkizz(m): 7:54pm On May 31, 2019
Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by Naanlong01: 8:16pm On May 31, 2019
Business isn't easy at all especially when you are just starting, meanwhile am having a challenge in my barbing business just in case anybody here can help with ideas. Less than a year i started this barbing, and my closest competitor started about 3months earlier and clearly dominates this environment (north) while am a westerner and can't speak hausa. Its just the two of us i even have musical gadgets which he doesn't and my shop is better in term of set up, yet he's always busy while am always sitting down for most part of the day. I'm tired, i need help.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:32pm On May 31, 2019
Naanlong01:
Business isn't easy at all especially when you are just starting, meanwhile am having a challenge in my barbing business just in case anybody here can help with ideas. Less than a year i started this barbing, and my closest competitor started about 3months earlier and clearly dominates this environment (north) while am a westerner and can't speak hausa. Its just the two of us i even have musical gadgets which he doesn't and my shop is better in term of set up, yet he's always busy while am always sitting down for most part of the day. I'm tired, i need help.

Who is a better barber between you two?

I'm asking because the gadgets and beauty of a salon will attract customers, but will not keep them. I will prefer to have my hair cut in a pako shot with a very good barber than a barbing salon with A/C and all with an average barber, and I think many people will too.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money by kentblues(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

after borrowing the 15k, on what rate did u start purchasing the card that yielded you that profit,

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Banks Lose N312m To Cbn’s Sanctions / Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 / Have You Heard About Qunqun? Learn How To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.