Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties (6829 Views)

Senate To Reduce Political Parties From 91 To 5 / Ekiti 2018: 25 Political Parties Adopt Fayemi / PDP Signs MOU With 31 Political Parties (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties by OhiOfIhima: 11:40am On May 12, 2019
Chimaxguy:
Hello nairlanders pls I need ur help.
I got 278 in my Jamb and I had applied for Medlab at Unizik at first.
P.S dat was at the point of registration.
Now I want to change my course to Medicine/Pharmacy at Unilag/Unizik. I'm frm Imo state and I got 1A, 2Bs & 2Cs in my Waec result last year 2018. And I will 17yrs by 20th this month.
Pls advice me on what step to take cause I don't want to stay at home again.

Pls help me nairalanders I seriously need ur advice now on which sch to change to.

I advise you to stay at Unizik because the admission slot for those mentioned course of yours are vr competitive here in Unilag. Last two yrs, my boss son scored 301 n chose unilag, pharmacy precise, he was denied admission.

If you really want to change ur course, start the processing immediately at the same unizik.

All the best young man.
Re: Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties by wirinet(m): 11:53am On May 12, 2019
The issue had already been settled at the supreme Court in INEC Vs BALARABE MUSA AND ORS, SC.228/2002 - 4TH JANUARY 2003, argued by Chief Gani Fawehinmi.
-https://www.google.com/amp/s/judgements.lawnigeria.com/2019/01/29/3plr-inec-v-balarabe-musa-and-ors/amp/

So unless the constitution is changed INEC has no powers to reduce political parties.
Re: Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2019
Awol1:
As far back as secondary school, I studied in Government then, that one of the requirements for registration as a political party is that such proposed political shall have office in the 36 states of the federation and the FCT.

But it seems that has changed.

Because imagine 73 political parties presenting presidential candidates yet I only know of two party offices in Enugu -APC and PDP.

I think INEC is aiding stupidity.
you obviously studied nothing...wats is our electoral law...inec ll not act in a vacuum...when we review our laws then it can sail...inec tried to reduce parties pple went to court and won up to Supreme that Nigeria is a multi party system...and de were correct...our laws shd review it to having with parties with a threshold caveat
Re: Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties by dcncorniels: 5:29pm On May 12, 2019
nonsense !!!

Re: Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties by Coolgent(m): 5:51pm On May 12, 2019
Bizmagnet:
Our contesting political parties shouldn't be more than 5 or 3 at most. Of what benefit is having 100 political parties and 98 of them cannot garner 50000 votes out 180 million plus population? The recent election really exposed our political naivity and unseriousness to the world.

The way your business and ideas are dressed is the way she will be addressed. Submitting proposals with your website intact tells alot about your passion. Check my signature to contact me for your website/blog/software today
APC created about 30 new political parties through proxy while PDP created 9 in the last 2 years

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel / Kaduna To Spend N2.25bn Feeding Senior Secondary Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.