Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? (7454 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed at Berger Car Depot. Read And Be Wise / Presegs Aka Legalwealth Is A Cunning Cardealer. / How To Sell A Car As A Genuine Cardealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:01pm On May 13, 2019
obekediamondfuto carry on we can't be distracted

4 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by snipesdam(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2019
Nawaoo all these abuses...
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by thebigkendo(m): 3:22pm On May 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
another scary thing about car purchases is when you buy a supposedly Foreign used car, from a dealer, only to find out it has been registered before

Any car that customs paper is more than 6 months..
I assume it is a Naija used toks..
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:58pm On May 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
obekediamondfuto carry on we can't be distracted

baba gee... I need Honda city or Civic....
sharp one.

urgent

see how curses have turned to blessings for me overnight!

that Tori too long, to be continued later Biko....
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:04pm On May 13, 2019
thebigkendo:

Any car that customs paper is more than 6 months..
I assume it is a Naija used toks..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy nah so one guy yab my camry b4 I sell am angry
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:09pm On May 13, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

baba gee... I need Honda city or Civic....
sharp one.

urgent

see how curses have turned to blessings for me overnight!

that Tori too long, to be continued later Biko....

you remember our very own ladymecerdes? Na she be dis in another form.

https://www.nairaland.com/3411247/igbo-men-mercedes-benz-must

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:13pm On May 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

you remember our very own ladymecerdes? Na she be dis in another form.

hahahahahahaha

baba Gee.... u and ur FBI digging equipments ehn...
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by timifakay(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
This fine Saturday, I was in my office... when he came with a very sharp 04 Camry se... when I mean sharp I mean sharp. engine was 100%.... gear was 100%

well I chose not to buy it and opted for a tokunbo....

contacted timifakay and the rest was history

grin
grin
grin

Baba
My heart don cut as I see say I get mention for this thread oh!

1 Like

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by thebigkendo(m): 4:21pm On May 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy nah so one guy yab my camry b4 I sell am angry

But na true na grin grin
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2019
timifakay:

Baba My heart don cut as I see say I get mention for this thread oh!
no na u too much joor.... no cement in the gearbox
grin

2 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by chillex8(m): 5:38pm On May 13, 2019
uboma:
It is getting more interesting.
Honestly. It is. I have been following for a long long while.

2 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2019
chillex8:

Honestly. It is. I have been following for a long long while.

chillex Baba, it's been a while wink
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by timifakay(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

no na u too much joor....
no cement in the gearbox

grin

Nah so boss, cement no fit dey when I no be legalo bricklayer and you sef no do instalmental payment.
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by legalwealth(m): 11:45pm On May 13, 2019
ItsJazmine:
But Legalwealth why are you surprised? Gazzuzz has always been a useless person. Putting his mouth in shit that doesn’t concern him, acting like a know it all.
He’ll meet his downfall one day.

Gazzuzz abi Gazzuzzautos or Uche or whatever the f*ck you call yourself. You will meet your Waterloo VERY VERY SOON!

I 100% second you! !! Just watch as he will meet his waterloo even with surprise when he least expects it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by alezzy13: 1:47am On May 14, 2019
Mayor555:

Bros, to collect transfer from you, especially if I don't know you, or know how to to get to you, you must provide me a valid ID that must tally with account name.

This is a good idea
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:36am On May 14, 2019
legalwealth:

I 100% second you! !! Just watch as he will meet his Waterloo even with surprise when he least expects it.

why do u hate Gazuzz so much?
what exactly did he do to u?

de didn't create the NCS profile, I suspect someone....
only one known person has that kinda mindset, ur ekiti friend!

u need to go and apologize to him oh, before its too late...
these ur curses are only working against u.

for the first time in a long while, I got a call yesterday asking me to help source a CIVIC or CITY...

so tell me if ur curses are not working against u?

whatever I get from this deal, I'll give u 5%.

so u go use am flex urself small....

stop being so immature!
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by adeeva06(f): 4:03pm On May 14, 2019
Over cacu dey worry you.

GAZZUZZ:

well mine is different. If I cannot spend the money you transfered, then it's not mine yet, so even if I get alert, if I cannot bounce it to one of my other acc's we wait o!

Last last nah to send am back to you grin
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:09pm On May 14, 2019
adeeva06:
Over cacu dey worry you.

it keeps me alive...

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by diportivo: 8:08pm On May 14, 2019
legalwealth:

I 100% second you! !! Just watch as he will meet his waterloo even with surprise when he least expects it.

big Bible wielding wildling grin

olopa ewo n'tepe undecided

4 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by adeeva06(f): 5:04am On May 15, 2019
Lol. It is good in this Lagos jare. 419 everywhere

GAZZUZZ:

it keeps me alive...

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by thebigkendo(m): 11:16am On May 16, 2019
Hmm very few car dealers have been scammed by buyer.. If we go the other way, buyers being scammed by dealer grin grin
Okokobioko.. Legalwealth story alone is 50 pages

Car owners being scammed by mechanic grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by valarinz: 11:53am On May 16, 2019
thebigkendo:
Hmm very few car dealers have been scammed by buyer.. If we go the other way, buyers being scammed by dealer grin grin
Okokobioko.. Legalwealth story alone is 50 pages

Car owners being scammed by mechanic grin grin grin

Far from it, instead most dealers are realistic biz minded people who are not interested in coming to the internet to cry foul, knowing it's of no use. Just put better measures in place to avoid a recurrence and forge ahead.

Ask yourself why almost no dealer accepts part payment and let's the buyer take the car, you have your answer.

Also, most buyers don't have a name you can use to blackmail them when you feel cheated, just like what legalwealth is trying to do to the calculusx name.

99.9% of Nigerians car buyers never honour contracts once they take possession of the car, they also abuse warranty when given.

Gone are the days when I tell buyers to call me when they notice any issue, some will call u after 2 weeks and say they haven't even used the car at all, they travelled after buying it, then all of a sudden things started going wrong after sitting for two weeks.

New MO, I just hand you and your mechanic the keys and sit at a distance while you conduct all manners of checks to your satisfaction, then I'll sound it out that you're buying "as is", after payment, only thing I owe you is goodwill. That way you will use your car well and not misbehave with hope to rush back and claim warranty

If legalwealth paid in full for that lexus, he wouldn't have made 90% of the decisions he made thereafter, it's the belief that he can take it back and get a replacement (afterall he's not fully paid), that made him misbehave till he killed the car

5 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by kernniejay(m): 1:19pm On May 16, 2019
Lalasticlala, Lalasticlala, Lalasticlala how many times i called you? please move this thread to front page. These are the kinds of threads we need, not how Regina Daniels or Tonto Dike received car gift from a sugar daddy or how they slept 'cos they got no chills.

2 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by thebigkendo(m): 2:36pm On May 16, 2019
valarinz:

Far from it, instead most dealers are realistic biz minded people who are not interested in coming to the internet to cry foul, knowing it's of no use. Just put better measures in place to avoid a recurrence and forge ahead.

Ask yourself why almost no dealer accepts part payment and let's the buyer take the car, you have your answer.

Also, most buyers don't have a name you can use to blackmail them when you feel cheated, just like what legalwealth is trying to do to the calculusx name.

99.9% of Nigerians car buyers never honour contracts once they take possession of the car, they also abuse warranty when given.

Gone are the days when I tell buyers to call me when they notice any issue, some will call u after 2 weeks and say they haven't even used the car at all, they travelled after buying it, then all of a sudden things started going wrong after sitting for two weeks.

New MO, I just hand you and your mechanic the keys and sit at a distance while you conduct all manners of checks to your satisfaction, then I'll sound it out that you're buying "as is", after payment, only thing I owe you is goodwill. That way you will use your car well and not misbehave with hope to rush back and claim warranty

If legalwealth paid in full for that lexus, he wouldn't have made 90% of the decisions he made thereafter, it's the belief that he can take it back and get a replacement (afterall he's not fully paid), that made him misbehave till he killed the car

Oga Volvo whether you Agree or not.. MOST Car dealer are very dishonest people.. I am thinking its the dishonesty you are calling " realistic biz"..
-Odometer role back
-Selling savage as clean title
-Patching hidden faults/temporary fix so the car can drive out & pass inspection grin
-Conniving/bribing mechanics kazeem during inspection
-Car body Upgrade & selling as newer model
-Fake Customs duty
-Selling Stolen cars
The list goes on & on
i mean every car seller + even owners trying to sell personal cars are guilty

8 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by uboma(m): 8:56pm On May 16, 2019
Daddyhyeni:
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SCAMMED BY CITYHOOD (DADA MOTORS) YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN SCAMMED.

Indeed, Cityhood a.k.a Dada Motors scammed a lot of forum members here.

He now plys his trade on OLX,

https://www./nf/user/105623083

trying to post the link to his profile page but it keeps breaking.

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by Junior2412: 9:19pm On May 16, 2019
Anyone with toks or neatly used muscle Camry for sale at a very reasonable price. (Payment could be in installments depending on the price)
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by valarinz: 9:37pm On May 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

Oga Volvo whether you Agree or not.. MOST Car dealer are very dishonest people.. I am thinking its the dishonesty you are calling " realistic biz"..
-Odometer role back
-Selling savage as clean title
-Patching hidden faults/temporary fix so the car can drive out & pass inspection grin
-Conniving/bribing mechanics kazeem during inspection
-Car body Upgrade & selling as newer model
-Fake Customs duty
-Selling Stolen cars
The list goes on & on
i mean every car seller + even owners trying to sell personal cars are guilty

You're just looking for a fight, 'dealers vs you the good guys'.

You won't get it from me, I no get una time.

I made my reply as to the reason why most dealers are not here sharing their experiences, cos that's your question. This one you're trying to channel it to some holiness contest, oyo

This thread is for dealers to state their bad experiences and that's why I'm here, thanks

2 Likes

Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 16, 2019
valarinz:

The bolded got me lmao grin

I think most car buyers have unrealistic expectations. Some feel because a vehicle is toks, the vehicle is not supposed to develop faults in 2-3 years forgetting that even new vehicles have issues.

Those who come online to tell us how they have only changed oil and filter in 5 years of vehicle usage don't even help matters. They don't tell you how often they drive the vehicle or if they have another vehicle they use. Another is the location whete the vehicle was used which they almost never mention. Someone who lives and works in lekki will not subject his vehicle to the same stress as someone who lives in Akute and works on the Island.

Having said that, I think car dealers also have their own faults. Take for instance, you'll agree a customer has every right to be irate(maybe not to demand a refund grin) when a 40,000 mile car develops issues every other week only for him only to find out that the VIN has been rolled back from say 300k miles or a flooded one sold without full disclosure.
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by valarinz: 9:47pm On May 16, 2019
rationalmind:

I think most car buyers have unrealistic expectations. Some feel because a vehicle is toks, the vehicle is not supposed to develop faults in 2-3 years forgetting that even new vehicles have issues.

Those who come online to tell us how they have only changed oil and filter in 5 years of vehicle usage don't even help matters. They don't tell you how often they drive the vehicle or if they have another vehicle they use. Another is the location whete the vehicle was used which they almost never mention. Someone who lives and works in lekki will not subject his vehicle to the same stress as someone who lives in Akute and works on the Island.

Having said that, I think car dealers also have their own faults. Take for instance, you'll agree a customer has every right to be irate(maybe not to demand a refund grin) when a 40,000 mile car develops issues every other week only for him only to find out that the VIN has been rolled back from say 300k miles or a flooded one sold without full disclosure.

No arguments at the bolded
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by thebigkendo(m): 10:24pm On May 16, 2019
rationalmind:

Expecially a 40,000 miles, 2003 corolla in 2019 grin grin grin grin
Re: As A Cardealer, Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Client? by legalwealth(m): 10:05pm On May 23, 2019
onome247:
Gentlemen....pls u guys shld let legalwealth be na... im pleading ooo...how can everyone be against 1 person.. d name calling is too much...no one is perfect o, we all have our shortcomings...u guys shld remember wot Jesus Christ said to d folks dat wanted to stone d adulterer..."he witawt sin shld cast d first stone"...pls u guys shld let him be....am pleading

They(especially gazzuzz) were doing themselves thinking they were doing me! !!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2005 Toyota Rav 4 and 2003 Honda Crv @ A Give away Price & Very Clean / 2006 Toyota Corolla Xli: 1.450m / 2006 Honda Accord @ N1.9m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.