Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,197 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Stop Complaining - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Complaining (1026 Views)

Stop Complaining About Crude Price, GEJ Left You $30b, OBJ Tells Buhari / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 4:24pm On May 03, 2007
As awkward and resentful as this might sound, I strongly thing its time we Nigerians all come together as one and stop

complaining about election malpractices and move on and develop a strategic plan on how we can fully implement new

process to addopt and provide free and fair election. All previous elections in Nigeria has been symbolized one way or

the other buy fraud. so why can't we stop asking who did what, and start asking what can we do to better initiate a

new and effective way of conducting election. What other means or process should be use to perform the next election?

any suggestions?
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2007
Dude:

Do you know how many days and hours I've spent on this forum, trying to persuade people to work together, educate voters, empower voting process, instead of trying to stop Atiku?
Now we've allowed this administration to use us and many of us will pay for many many years.

Do you know how much money this government spent on stopping Atiku's project?
Do you know how many days they spent on stopping Atiku's project?
And at the end of the day did Atiku contest or not?
Do you know how many people lost their lives over this nonsense?

Absolutely waste of time, resources and lives.

And all for what?

My man, you need to understand the different between complaining and standing for what is right for the sake of the progressiveness and the future of our great nation.
This is not just a neighborhood, this is a country we are talking about; a great nation for that matter.
We must fight for our rights, we must stand together for what is fair and right for the great citizens of Nigeria.

Enough is enough, it is too wrong for too long; we must find a better way to restore our nation back to normal.

May God bless Nigeria and show us the right path.
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2007
Boy in 1983 NPN stole Ondo state and the state went in disarray. Public killing and women walking around naked, over

20 years of trying to stand for our right where are we? same place and same result. IF only we have coalition of the

opposition parties, and they can set their selfish interest aside. they will have a better chances of liberating the nation and

rebuking any injustice that happened, but when you have ATIKU and BUHARI all wants to be president, then you have

PALAVA. Even Buhari came to power in 1979 when the court system failed to resolved the issues and disputes between NPN and UPN.
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 7:21pm On May 03, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA
Even Buhari came to power in 1979 when the court system failed to resolved the issues and disputes between NPN and UPN

Buhari came to power in 1979?

I'm not sure if this information is correct, my man.
I've told you many times to always take your time and research some of these info.
It is totally senseless to just run your mouth with pure baseless information.
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 7:24pm On May 03, 2007
FYI: MAMAJAMA

Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari Nigerian politician, president of Nigeria from 1979 to 1983.
Re: Stop Complaining by McKren(m): 7:39pm On May 03, 2007
BigB1

Why is it so late right now to bury the hatchet and chart a new course?

Why was it ok to think only the future before the election but too wrong to think only the future after the election? Could who emerged the winner have anything to do with this?
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 7:47pm On May 03, 2007
OK error, I meant to say 1983. Professor EDUN BIGB
Re: Stop Complaining by joshO: 7:50pm On May 03, 2007
The fight against Atiku and co is the begining of the fight for Liberation. Progresive nations like Singapore had to undergo this paradigm shift in order to develop.

I consider the failure of Atiku at the polls to be a major accomplishment of this administration and all the cost is justified. He had been so vilified and exposed for who he truely. By the time he was cleared to run, he had lost so much momemtum. To be honest, I'm even surprised he got up to 2 million votes and I can only attribute that the the stuffing of ballot boxes in Lagos.

We need to clean our stables by any means necessary and start from there.
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 8:03pm On May 03, 2007
Mckren:

Out of all the listed presidential candidates (apart from IBB), I've always admire the honesty and sincerity of President Yar'Adua. I never had any problem with this man. I think he's a fine Nigerian and a great man, who is ready to surprise everybody, including OBJ.
Infact, without the election mago mago, I thought he would have won the election without any problem.

My Problem here is unlawful and inaccurate election, which was also confirmed by our great one (OBJ) on the national T.V; totally unbelievable.
When we embrace this type of unlawful nonsense and uncivilized ways of life, how can we move forward?

Believe me, I'm ready to move forward, I've asked many times that how do we move forward from here and what is next, but
I haven't seen any answer.

Please, present an effective strategy to work with and I will welcome it.

Keep in mind that moving on is not that easy:

This reminds me of a son who brought home a stolen car for his parents as a gift: What should the parents do? Should they move on with the stolen gift? or reject the gift and advise their son to return what doesn't belong to him?

Think about it, because everything has opportunity cost; but we must be prudent and make the right decision for the sake of the future
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 8:37pm On May 03, 2007
Big B1 sometimes you speak too much and you complicate yourself. Either way YAr Adua is the president elect and we must support him with every thing possible in order for him to be successful. ATIKU, IBB and all the other criminals are out, so now the election is over, we need prayers, dedication and the right personnel to do the job. Yar Adua and his advisor's should look at peoples background and credentials before appointing people. Credentials and track records should be a vital part of selecting the right candidates.
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 8:44pm On May 03, 2007
It's not by force, you don't have to read or respond to my post.
Re: Stop Complaining by Bankole01(m): 10:33pm On May 03, 2007
Big B1, I thought you made a very point and the inference to the stolen car, hit straight home. its a pity that MAMAJAMA cannot argue and make his point without resorting to abuses.
Just ignore him
Re: Stop Complaining by Backslider(m): 12:20pm On May 04, 2007
@Big1 Analogy

Wrong! The scene in ObJ and Yaradua case is very different from what you gave. OBJ IS THE FATHER AND NOT THE SON.

SO if your parent being evil goes to steal and gives you a helpless Child food what do you do?

First of all it is his right to provide food. But when you are matured enough to be able to refuse this evil you can boycott the allowance.

We must move forwad for the sake of the nation.

We should never forget the lives lost they stood for something no matter small Against or For.

A man that can die for anything is a great man wether agaainst or for.
Re: Stop Complaining by omon(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2007
There is 'kata - kata' with UK elections right now, Even with their PERFECT system, thousands of votes cannot be counted, the electronic machines are not counting, yet, no body has come on air to demonise and call the other unprintable names.

Some times, our politicians are too hot blooded!
Re: Stop Complaining by Bankole01(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2007
omon:

There is 'kata - kata' with UK elections right now, Even with their PERFECT system, thousands of votes cannot be counted, the electronic machines are not counting, yet, no body has come on air to demonise and call the other unprintable names.

Some times, our politicians are too hot blooded!

Noone ever said all elections are perfect, some like the on in UK are more ttransparent than in Nigeria. You don't see thugs waylay you at the polling places, slap your face and tell you who to vote for.
There are no Adedibus and Ubas take ballot boxes to their homes and thumb print votes. The election commisions don't declare winners before voting is even completed.
These and so many more irregularities to favour a particular annointed party, are what people are complaining about. Most of our politicians where breed in the era our militancy, and our polity have continued to be militant where the administration breaks law to suit its whims and caprices, criminals are selectively prosecuted, corruption continues to soar unabated.

Nigerian election just cannot be compared with any nations', maybe with the exception Zimbabwe's.
In the last general elections in Denver, the electronic machines in some polling places malfunctioned, but there were back-up systems that the elections still concluded successfully without anyone being disenfranchised our coarsed our beaten up.
You say, 'apple and oranges' quite so! Nigeria's elections just cannot be believed!

We do not hawever say "it all over now, so forget what happened and just move on". Move on to where? to more inconsistencies and anomalies?. If we do not talk and infact yell about what just transpired, we will just repeat the same old mistake which our nation is noted and very famous for.
'Ohun ti ko da, 'o da' What is bad, is just what it is, ROTTEN' We must always try to do the right thing.
Re: Stop Complaining by budx(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2007
talking about supporting the government and moving on is what we have always done and has kept us going round in circles. they say nigerians are the happiest people on earth but what obtains in reality is that we are the lot that wallow in suffering and simply get used to it over time. yes, we simply get numb with time.

if we keep defending insane and blatant election malpractices (as opposed to human error) by saying no election is perfect, we will NEVER move forward!!! one man, or at best a group of power drunk individuals, will continue to hand pick our leaders , shove them down our throats through extensive rigging (ofcuz no election is perferct so they go scot free) and nigeria will be the same mess its always been.

the people need to be enlightened on what democracy REALLY is. thats what we need to focus on. we are yet to be detached from "mr president is king" syndrome that was birthed in us all through the military regimes. lets continue to vigorously point out the errors of our rulers (this is not complaining) sooner than later they will be forced to change . be it through the judiciary or adjustments of relevant laws in the legislature as these are the only institutions that can safeguard our democracy. its not about complaining!!!! democracy ONLY thrives on the voice of opposition with constructive criticism and NOT on "lets just support our leaders" syndrome which will only operate to KILL the nation as nothing will change that way.
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 1:43pm On May 04, 2007
@Backslider:
You got it wrong, my friend.

In this case, I am the parent while Yar'Adua is the son.
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2007
@bubx:

Excellent point.

Let's fix the problem and then move on.
Infact, we had a great opportunity to make things right during this past election, but as usual, what our leaders will eat wouldn't permit them to see the light.
They allowed personal agenda to hinder the success of this election process.
It is uncivilized and a shame.

And people, please stop comparing United States and UK to Nigeria whenever we are talking about our corrupt leaders and their inaccuracy election; there is absolutely no comparison.
You've got to be totally uninformed to want to compare these countries to a crumbling nation like Nigeria, where there is no law.
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 2:14pm On May 04, 2007
Like I’ve said its high time we stop complaining and move on, and in response to MR BIGB1 question
“This reminds me of a son who brought home a stolen car for his parents as a gift: What should the parents do? Should they move on with the stolen gift? or reject the gift and advise their son to return what doesn't belong to him?”

I can bet my last penny on this, if you were the parents, you will accept the gift just like most politicians in Nigerian. It is ethical for government officials in Nigeria to accept gifts. Prime example, Sunny ODOGU Mariams brother gave IBB a private 12 seater helicopter for his B day. Now tell me why didn’t he refuse the gift?

The problem in Nigeria supersedes just one man and one administration, the constitution has to be revise and all the old politicians’ have to be replaced, people need to be enlighten on how to go about doing things in a civilize way. You can’t compare Nigeria to any nation, because we have no accountability.

People are free to steal freely, in a civilized nation government officials or elected officials work to provide shelter for people were as in Nigeria the reverse is the case. Elected officials try to provide shelter for their friends and family, now who is to be blame for the irregularities? The national assembly, the INEC and not the presidency.
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 2:22pm On May 04, 2007
Ok, MAMAJAMA,

What ever makes you feel good about yourself.
Re: Stop Complaining by JustGood(m): 2:25pm On May 04, 2007
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 2:26pm On May 04, 2007
Dude, answer the question, no lost love.  if you were a governor of a state in Nigeria, and Dangotte send you 50 bag of Rice and 5 cows for SALAH or Xmas will you accept it or not?  there is no clause in Nigeria constitution that prevent this kind of action, but in the state its called LOBBYING. Duh
Re: Stop Complaining by BigB11(m): 2:57pm On May 04, 2007
You do not get it, but you're still my boy.

One love.
Re: Stop Complaining by Bankole01(m): 4:56pm On May 04, 2007
Here is a new take by Professor David-west, about the charade called April general elections:

Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Maurice Iwu, has drawn flaks from former oil minister and fellow professor, Tam David-West, over his defiant attitude to criticisms of the April polls generally perceived to be flawed.

Iwu had at the presentation of the certificate of return to the declared winner of the presidential election, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua, in Abuja Wednesday lampooned critics, scoring his commission 80 per cent success in the conduct of the election.

But reacting to Iwu’s tirade yesterday, Prof. David-West asked the INEC boss to shut up, as he had only awarded himself a dubious pass mark. “If as a professor, I understand he is one, he has scored the fraudulent election a pass mark, I wonder how many students who failed in his class he has sent into the job market.”

David West faulted Iwu’s claim with the irregularities noted in the elections in Anambra and his (David West) home state, Rivers, saying what Iwu’s INEC perpetrated in the two states was “a disgrace to his profession, the university system and the intellectual community.”

He wondered how the INEC boss could be proud of himself when in Anambra his commission was forced to adjust the votes of the declared winner from 1.9 million to one million after discovering that the total number of voters was 1.7 million.

He went further: “In my state, Rivers, by the 2006 census, the adult population is two million, using the international 45 per cent demographic standard, the total population being 5.1 million. Now, the 45 per cent include mad men and women on the streets, patients on hospital beds, prisoners and people that had died during the period of the last census.

“Iwu said the winner of the governorship election had 1.9 million votes! Almost two million! In other words, all the adult population voted for the PDP (Peoples Democratic Party)! Is there any way they would all have registered and voted for the same party when there were other political parties?” David-West querried.

Besides this, the former minister noted that the fact that by- elections had to be conducted in 27 (75 per cent of the) states, a week later, showed that the elections were not only flawed but also fraudulent.
He declared Iwu as bankrupt in professional as well as political credibility.

His words: “He once lied professionally that he had found a cure for Ebola viral infection, when we had an outbreak of the epidemic. Now, I as a professor of virology, I’ve been since 1974, I know that viral infection cannot be cured. So, he thereafter ran away to America from where, I think they went to bring him for the job.
“Let him shut up. He asked us to go to hell. He is already in hell. We will not join him there.”

comment Iwu has a track record with stretching the truth to make himself look credible. Posterity will catch up with him, as it will all Obasanjo stooges. NO ONE LIVES FOREVER!
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 5:19pm On May 04, 2007
ARE you serious? Professor West was jailed for one year by the Babangida junta for allegedly accepting a gold wrist watch as bribe, from a foreign business man, while he was petroleum minister
This are the kind of people you want us to listen to?

what did he accomplished as Commissioner for Education and member of the Executive Council of Rivers State, 1975-79 ?

what did he accomplished as the Federal Minister of Petroleum and Energy, from 1984 to 1985. under Buhari?

U might as well give us UMARU DIKKO.
Re: Stop Complaining by Bankole01(m): 5:40pm On May 04, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

ARE you serious? Professor West was jailed for one year by the Babangida junta for allegedly accepting a gold wrist watch as bribe, from a foreign business man, while he was petroleum minister
This are the kind of people you want us to listen to?

what did he accomplished as Commissioner for Education and member of the Executive Council of Rivers State, 1975-79 ?

what did he accomplished as the Federal Minister of Petroleum and Energy, from 1984 to 1985. under Buhari?

U might as well give us UMARU DIKKO.

A gold wrist watch! (whoa what a crook) morals have degenerated way lower than that, my friend.
Under Buhari, Nigerian schools were a lot better and more credible than the glorified gangsters and LovePeddler infested and AIDS breeding grounds we now call schools.

Under Buhari, as petroleum minister and he had stolen a kobo, he would be dead now. Remember how Buhari crated Umaru Dikko and tried to ship him back to Nigeria after the former stole billions under his godfather Shagari's government!
I guess Iwu can be excused because he was Baba's (Not my father) boy he was instrumental in making a laughing stock of nigeria by conducting the worst election in the history of the World!!!!!!!!
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 5:46pm On May 04, 2007
Under BUHARI we had IDIAGBON with the war against indiscipline, not TAM DAVID west that was sending soldiers to school to FLOG LATE COMER'S, grin grin
DAMN I was FLOGGED TOO,
Re: Stop Complaining by Bankole01(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Under BUHARI we had IDIAGBON with the war against indiscipline, not TAM DAVID west that was sending soldiers to school to FLOG LATE COMER'S, grin grin
DAMN I was FLOGGED TOO,

ha ha ha you should have learned a lesson then, i think they didn't flog you had enough.

at least we had some modicum of discipline Idiagbon/Buhari, what do we have today?
Re: Stop Complaining by saintchux(m): 10:51pm On May 04, 2007
@ MAMAJAMA
I will stop complaining, but you should tell your OBJ and PDP to apologies to Nigerians for stealing our mandates
Re: Stop Complaining by Mamajama(m): 5:31pm On May 07, 2007
apologies to Nigerians for stealing our mandates? and what or where will that lead us? what about all the noise makers like ATIKU?

(1) (Reply)

Education As A Priority / If Obj Only Knew / hh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.