Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

If Obj Only Knew - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Obj Only Knew (1028 Views)

If OBJ Had Died, Would Atiku Have Agreed To One Tenure / If Obj Visits Me, I Will Pour Hot Water On Him - Mimiko's Mother / If Obj Stays: Who's Fault ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Obj Only Knew by BigB11(m): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2007
If OBJ knew that this customized "War Against Corruption" was going to be the opening of a deadly can of worms, he wouldn't have implemented EFCC and used this organization as a political vindictive weapon.

So far or lately, this implementation seems to be unbearably ricocheting from many angles. Day after day, the political angels and the saints (closet thieves) are emerging from every angle all over the country.

Looking at the way things are erupting systematically, I guess it is clearly a shame, but it isn't bad for Nigeria as a nation.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by desgiezd(m): 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2007
All these happenings are just the tip of the iceberg. You aint seeing anything yet, just be patient. Im sure a lot of their corrupt deeds will still be exposed.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by BigB11(m): 1:54am On Nov 20, 2007
I heard that big wigs all around the country (including OBJ) are very concern and find it very difficult to predict who is next.
I also heard that Fed is working very carefully, but vigorously investigating Tinunbu (former governor of Lagos State); it's a matter of time, it is said that for sure the man will eat beans.

I have come to a conclusion that there is no way the war against corruption could be fought fairly and errorlessly, because too many are too corrupt for too long.
Hence, the head owners must hold on firmly to their heads

Moreover, this was not the war against corruption that was designed few years ago by OBJ; as the war is now starting to be much bigger than OBJ or EFCC, and it was also confirmed that OBJ is not too comfortable with the way things seem to be turning.

I guess, the success of the war against corruption in Nigeria is not up to OBJ or EFCC, but depends on you and I.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by chidichris(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2007
i am really interested in becoming involved. we have suffered enough. all the people we voted in from 1999 till date are all money men, stinkingly rich and financially they are made so efcc has a lot of works to do especially at the federal levels.
now that efcc has the opportunity, i suggest they go straight for the big fishes to get the big funds and later on, anybody can go after the small fishes for the small funds.
ribadu shld go for people like el-rufai for sharing gov houses and he will surely lead them to more secret places but if they insist on ibori kalu issues, i will still see them as jokers as our major problems remain the federal thieves.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Afam(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2007
When some of us maintained that the selective fight against corruption in Nigeria was far better than no fight at all we were called names, today I am glad that even those that have been opposing the existence are coming to realize that ultimately Nigerians will be the winner because one person will remain in power forever.

OBJ's tenure and position in the scheme of things now should be a good teacher to those in power and those aspiring to get there.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Mamajama(m): 7:17pm On Nov 20, 2007
Dude BIGB1 why are you saying if OBJ only knew. Ain't you the same one that is saying EFCC and ICPC are useless and are OBJ tool?

Stop posting this patriotic thread, I keep saying not until we bring people like IBB the gradfather of corruption to justice, we will continue to have this issues.

The best thing OBJ did for Nigeria was to start a crusade to fight against corruption that was manifested by BABANGIDa and his administration.

The epidemic is enormous and we must all come together to stop this parasite that was unleashed on us by IBB
Re: If Obj Only Knew by BigB11(m): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2007
The last time I checked, this topic has absolutely nothing to do with IBB; infact FYI, IBB is fully in support for anything to move this country forward.
The damage is done; it's now time to discover an effective method to move this country forward. The man is working vigorously everyday to contribute to the best of his ability.

The people that count know this fact.

MAMAJAMA:
You look pathetic running around with zero material; please, do yourself a favor keep it simple and focus on the topic.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Mamajama(m): 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2007
Damn I guess I hit home run with my comment on IBB this time, lol grin grin grin grin

BIGB1 why is IBB gaining so much weight this days? he can't hide his money in the bank any more?
Re: If Obj Only Knew by chidichris(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2007
mamajama,
i can't really place ur sense of reasoning.
is it not obvious that ribadu was on a selective duty and will it be a surprise that the preasure within and outside nigeria can pursue him to have a sense of re-thinking.
we know the east and west blocks and at anytime ribadu lays his hands on any loyalist, nigerians will know be informed that the role of oposition in every democratic setting is to serve as a watch dog on the gov in other words the condemination of gov policies most times make the gov to sit up.
i wonder the kind of human being u are, if we don't complain, how will ribadu know that we are observing his partialities?
mind u, non of us is happy with looters but let there be equal justice.
if obj was unable to arrest or investigate ibb, it means he has a hidden agenda. if ribadu is yet to probe, chris uba, andy uba, bode george, tony annenih, etc, then we have our doubts.
whenever the wind game becomes free for all, we will be back here to same the same but for now, i am here to question the april polls and federal contracts from 1999 till date. what happened to the gazzeted case of atiku in line with financial misappropriation of pdtf. what about the floating accounts. how much was the anual salary of obj and then multiply it by 10 instead of 8. if he has other businesses running while he was president, then let us know the differences between that and the case of operating foriegn account alleged against kalu,
someone must be able to explain the differences between the case of money laundary as it concern alams and andy uba and why is efcc not saying anything yet?
Re: If Obj Only Knew by BigB11(m): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2007
EFCC begins probe of Obasanjo

Investigation may have begun on the eight-year reign of former President Olusegun Obasanjo as news emerged on Wednesday that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has opened a file on him.
This is probably connected with the rolling allegations of personal enrichment, and gross abuse of office made against the octogenarian by critics, among them Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, and human rights lawyer, Gani Fawehinmi.

It may also be coupled with a petition written last week by the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL), a non-governmental organisation committed to the recovery of money stolen from the public purse.

CACOL Chairman, Debo Adeniran, argued in the petition that judged by his financial status before occupying Aso Rock in 1999, Obasanjo’s income as President cannot allegedly justify his investments now worth billions of Naira.

A source in the EFCC, who sought anonymity, confirmed that a "file has already been opened to accommodate petitions against Obasanjo, aside underground investigations already going on, which I cannot tell you for security reasons."

On Tuesday, the EFCC summoned Adeniran to make a ‘written statement in person’ to back the petition which contended that Obasanjo’s investments far exceed his income.

The statement Adeniran made included his own biography.

He was summoned by the Economic Governance Unit of the EFCC where a file bearing Obasanjo’s name was unveiled.

CACOL listed Obasanjo’s investments to include Bell University of Technology, Badagry, Lagos (worth N40 billion); Presidential Library, Abeokuta (N6.5 billion); shares in Transcorp (N200 million) – all acquired between 1999 and 2007 – plus the now computerised multi-billion Naira Ota Farm.

Soyinka and Fawehinmi, among others, have also denounced the library project as "executive extortion and abuse of office" which need be probed.

"We are aware that the annual salary of Nigeria’s President is not up to N38 million. But even if (Obasanjo) earned N60 million per annum for 70 years he would not have up to N5 billion. But (he) is currently worth about N70 billion by conservative estimate," Adeniran alleged in the petition.

"For eight years, while he was in power, Obasanjo sustained a devilish desire to strengthen his own hand as a chicken farmer while exploiting the power of his office to mortally destroy his competitors. He forcibly reclaimed leased farms from an Israeli company, Agrited.

"He single-handedly gave Obasanjo Farms the licence to monopolise the import of grand parent stock of chicken. He masterminded the deportation of one Roger Abdjaude, the Managing Director of Zartech, after he had denied them the right to import the special breed chicken."

CACOL demanded that the EFCC revisit the report of the probe panel, headed by Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, which indicted Obasanjo of "gross financial mismanagement and corruption" in the running of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), alongside former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar.

The group demanded also that the EFCC probe the several billions of Naira pumped into the power sector, which still remains a national disaster, as well as the allegation that Obasanjo overshot the budget for ministries, departments, and agencies (MDAs), as stated in the report on Budget Performance issued by the House of Representatives in 2005.

CACOL maintained that a probe of Obasanjo’s administration would build confidence in the anti-graft crusade now spearheaded by President Umaru Yar’Adua.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/nov/22/702.html
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Bankole01(m): 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2007
One of the worst mistakes Obasanjo made, was not probing IBB. IBB undoutedly is the godfather and man who institutionalized corruption.
Obasanjo also carried to a crescendo under his misrule.

The EFCC to become more effective, has to become more independent and removed from the control of the presidency.

BigB1, I hate to burst your bubble, but the only person IBB cares about in himself, not the people of Nigeria.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Bankole01(m): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2007
One of the worst mistakes Obasanjo made, was not probing IBB.  IBB undoutedly is the godfather and man who institutionalized corruption.
Obasanjo also carried it to a crescendo under his misrule.

The EFCC to become more effective, has to become more independent and removed from the control of the presidency.

BigB1, I hate to burst your bubble, but the only person IBB cares about in himself, not the people of Nigeria.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by BigB11(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2007
BigB1, I hate to burst your bubble, but the only person IBB cares about is himself, not the people of Nigeria

Sorry brother, you did not burst any bubble here; you have the rights to absolutely express how you feel about anybody.

Please, carry on and express yourself; the land belongs to your folks.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Mamajama(m): 1:10am On Nov 23, 2007
IBB finance OBJ to the presidency. in return for his generosity OBJ gave IBB immunity from prosecution. that is 1st class politics in Nigeria for you. the untouchables will smile and eat pepper soup late at night under the watch dog of heavily guarded soldiers.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by BigB11(m): 2:41am On Nov 23, 2007
One of the worst mistakes Obasanjo made, was not probing IBB

And the most despicable thing IBB has ever done was making OBJ the president of Nigeria back to back (1999-2007).

You guys continue to miss the point.
IBB has been gone for over 10 years and we still haven't gotten it right. Are we that dull or we are just simply incompetent?

EFCC can't even effectively investigate leaders that stole money just last night and you guys expect IBB to be probed successfully?
The dream must be real sweet, because it seems that too many of us have been sleeping for too long.

Wake up, guys!
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Mamajama(m): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2007
stunned that just to cover his ass. he knew if he gave OBJ the chance to rule. Then OBJ will protect him and in turn return the favor. BUT IBB the toothless general was stunned when OBJ refused to let him come back and played his elusive tactics.

That for you BIGB1 is lesson 101. IBB will be brought to justice dead or alive. The evil that men do will trail then to their grave.

Yar Adua should stun each and everyone of them, probe them and jail either of them found wanting.
Re: If Obj Only Knew by BigB11(m): 3:58am On Nov 24, 2007
MAMAJAMA,

You seem to be changing the music; I thought you said OBJ was not corrupt?
By the way, if OBJ is sent back to jail, what is going to happen to one of his famous door mats (Ehindero)?
Re: If Obj Only Knew by Mamajama(m): 4:35am On Nov 24, 2007
Now who left the door open for te dog to come out?

Dude aint it past your bed time?
Tell Daddy SGt Roger is talking and incriminating the big boys, next, we will hear who killed Dele Giwa
Re: If Obj Only Knew by iykrion(m): 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2007
Mamajama:

Now who left the door open for te dog to come out?

You mean the dog that killed Bola Ige?

Mamajama:

Tell Daddy SGt Roger is talking and incriminating the big boys, next, we will hear who killed Dele Giwa

Therefater, we will equally hear of those who are responsible for the complicity in unravelling those who murdered Bola Ige. At least we can see the face of Sgt Rogers, unlike the masquarade that Ehindero paraded as a witness to the murder of Bola Ige.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Power Probe: Serious Business Or Damaging Ego Trip? / Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: / Common Youth Corper Offers N1m Free Eye Service To Villagers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.