Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed (24540 Views)

Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Blue3k2: 11:25pm On May 12, 2019
By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor

Second Republic Lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, has applauded Kano Government for responding to the yearning and aspirations of the natives and splitting sprawling Kano Emirate into more.
Mohammed, who spoke with Vanguard last night, said the governor of the state, Ganduje, has done no wrong by taking the bold initiative to respond to the age-long desire of the majority of the people of Kano.

“If the governor does not create Emirates, who will do so,” the politician asked rhetorically when confronted with the question whether Ganduje was right in the first place to dismember Kano Emirate and appoint new Emirs.

“Governor Ganduje is simply responding to the age-long and popular demand of the people of the state and he should be applauded for this bold and courageous action, which has been widely accepted by the broad spectrum of our people,” Mohammed said.

The former Shehu Shagari’s aide pointed out that the laws of the state vest the powers on the governor through the state House of Assembly to regulate the existence and operations of Emirates in Kano State, adding that by splitting them into more, the governor was simply discharging his statutory duties.

Asked if the governor’s action would stand the test of the law, Mohammed affirmed that it would, adding, “Ganduje has not breached any known law by his action”.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/new-kano-emirates-ganduje-has-done-right-thing-junaid-mohammed/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by aolawale025: 11:29pm On May 12, 2019
Rimi did the same and it was reversed. Let's watch

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by sarrki(m): 11:29pm On May 12, 2019
It’s has political undertones

In fact it’s personal and political vendetta

21 Likes

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Blue3k2: 11:31pm On May 12, 2019
Should decisions like this be voted on by popular referendum? I dont see where Gandolla broke the law splitting Emirate. Lol the only thing people can whine is being vindictive and hypocritical both of which are character flaws not crimes. Is the judge going to reverse decision because his heart was in wrong place?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Blue3k2: 12:01am On May 13, 2019
I know if Ganduje scrapped the monarchy all together alot of people complaining would bite their tongues. All he has to say is we're going to redirect cash to education and helping almajaris. They'll just maintain things associated with it for tourism and tradition. (Think of German or French castles)

5 Likes

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 1:07am On May 13, 2019
The northern elites are together against Sanusi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by netpro(m): 1:29am On May 13, 2019
Blue3k2:
Should decisions like this be voted on by popular referendum? I dont see where Gandolla broke the law splitting Emirate. Lol the only thing people can whine is being vindictive and hypocritical both of which are character flaws not crimes. Is the judge going to reverse decision because his heart was in wrong place?

Mr. Referendum, the law in Kano State governing the existing of the emirates places that responsibility on the State Assembly. Why are you wailing than the indegenes of Kano?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Blue3k2: 1:49am On May 13, 2019
netpro:

Mr. Referendum, the law in Kano State governing the existing of the emirates places that responsibility on the State Assembly. Why are you wailing than the indegenes of Kano?

Lol you clearly don't comprehend what I wrote. The question about referendum is just a hypothetical alternative. I said he didnt break the law and stated the judge cant punish him for being vindictive. Read whats written not what's in your imagination.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by AkataYeriYeri: 2:27am On May 13, 2019
Ipobian pigs .
Over to you ...

9 Likes

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by BafanaBafana: 3:58am On May 13, 2019
Hypocrites everywhere. If it was Wike that did something like this, this same people critisizing Ganduje will be the ones praising him and calling him tough guy.
Wike has been caught on tape bribing INEC staff, he has been caught on tape threatening to kill election officers, he has been caught on tape bribing soldiers etc etc. But he is their hero and tough guy.

Meanwhile, I personally dont fancy the balkanization of Kano emirate. It is the biggest in the country an I would love for it to be kept that way. But that's for Kanawas to decide. So as it is now, nothing concern me

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 10:14am On May 13, 2019
if they like they should break it into 50 emirs

none of our biz down SS

undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 10:14am On May 13, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Queenboy123(m): 10:14am On May 13, 2019
Anyhow
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by chiedu7: 10:14am On May 13, 2019
NEXT THING IS TO SPLIT 9JA

6 Likes

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Amuocha: 10:15am On May 13, 2019
Amazing

Ambode should do the same in Lagos.

We need first class Obas for Alimonsho, Ikeja, and others angry

Anything to breakdown Oba Lagoon angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by fola552: 10:18am On May 13, 2019
UBER/TAXIFY DRIVER NEEDED IN LAGOS

Are you a registered Uber or Taxify driver (if not, you can be registered for)?
Do you live in Lagos - mainland in particular?
Do you have a valid Driver's license?
Are you neat and careful with cars?
Are you looking for a partner whose car you can work with?
Are you dedicated enough to meet up with weekly payments?
Are you available to start immediately?
If your answer to these questions is YES
kindly send your CV or details to uberdriv274@gmail.com, you will be contacted immediately for a brief interview meeting

NOTE: A responsible family man or woman better advantage. 0-9-0-3-0-4-5-8-7-4-0

1 Like

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by SoftP(m): 10:18am On May 13, 2019
Now that APC has succeeded in Witch hunting Sanusi,

Who is nxt?

Okoroawusa or Mallam Shehu
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by DaBogu: 10:19am On May 13, 2019
Being loyal in this generation don't get you nothing but embarrassment
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by jaxxy(m): 10:22am On May 13, 2019
As a criminal and In a criminal way yes.
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 10:23am On May 13, 2019
Wonderful

Steps in the right direction.
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by ken6488(m): 10:23am On May 13, 2019
smiley

Some people are just naive

How do kano.

Emirs

Relate to south Nigeria...

We respect our traditional leaders here
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by ibietela2(m): 10:25am On May 13, 2019
[s]
BafanaBafana:
Hypocrites everywhere. If it was Wike that did something like this, this same people critisizing Ganduje will be the ones praising him and calling him tough guy.
Wike has been caught on tape bribing INEC staff, he has been caught on tape threatening to kill election officers, he has been caught on tape bribing soldiers etc etc. But he is their hero and tough guy[/s].

Meanwhile, I personally dont fancy the balkanization of Kano emirate. It is the biggest in the country an I would love for it to be kept that way. But that's for Kanawas to decide. So as it is now, nothing concern me

You said nothing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Rolings: 10:26am On May 13, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Wike has been caught on tape bribing INEC staff, he has been caught on tape threatening to kill election officers, he has been caught on tape bribing soldiers etc etc. But he is their hero and tough guy.

Don't mind bigots.....meanwhile I don't buy your argument on keeping the Kano emirate the way it is..... It's too big and can't meet the needs of the people adequately as presently constituted.... An emir controlling all 44LGAs is too much.....afterall we all are here agitating for decentralisation of power from FG to give states more power

16 Likes

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Champneys: 10:31am On May 13, 2019
How did they measure it as an age long desire of the majority of Kanawa?
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by garfield1: 10:32am On May 13, 2019
Its obvious kanawas are at home with the balkanisation but only meddlesome outsiders are complaining.very funny.kano is too big to be under one emirate.there's no state in the north that is under one emirate.in kebbi,we have argungu,zuru,yauri emirates.in katsina,even small daura is an emirate.in jigawa,we have dutse,hadejia etc.in zamfara we have gusau,mafara etc.in niger we have bida,suleja,kontagora.so why should kano have just one emirate?
A governor has the power to create emirates and ganduje exercised that.full stop

11 Likes

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by Rolings: 10:33am On May 13, 2019
ibietela2:
[s]

You said nothing

But he reminded you of atrocities of your heroes like wike......let me remind you of some of saint Jonathan's deeds
1. Sacked justice Ayo salami
2 16 is greater than 19 in governors forum
3 in rivers 5 lawmakers impeached the speaker
Used EFCC to hound opposition
Collected bribe to sell OPL245 to etete
Shielded dieziani and Oduah in face of glaring theft

All hail saint jonathan

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by GreenArrow2: 10:34am On May 13, 2019
Good arguments for and against, on this thread. Impressive.
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by tillaman(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2019
Gandollar is a crook! But then Sanusi had it coming
Re: New Kano Emirates: Ganduje Has Done Right Thing - Junaid Mohammed by frowland(m): 10:35am On May 13, 2019
Sanusi the number one enemy of GEJ and his goons who was fired for refusing to 'coporate' with GEJ is suddenly a friend to IPOB. Emeifiele (Igbo), an appointee of GEJ and who opened the bank vault for his failed reelection bid have suddenly become IPOB enemy #1 ~ his offense? I am yet to understand.
Just one of those reasons to tell you that this my people have fickle minds. Their ideology is neither here nor there.
Infact Tinubu, Amaechi, Rochas etc will be their friends as long as they distance themselves from Buhari/APC. What hate can do eh?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Liberia’s Highest National Honour (photos) / Oshiomhole: Most Governors Who Messed Up Since 1999 Are Youths / Chimaroke Nnamani: Tinubu Most Successful Governor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.