Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso (25036 Views)

Don’t Dissolve Kano Emirates, APC Chieftain, Yaryasa Warns Yusuf / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Oshiomhole Vows: Saraki Will ‘definitely’ Be Impeached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Bobloco: 1:54pm On Jan 19
Former Governor of Kano State and the leader of the Kwankwasiyya movement, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has said that the issue of Kano emirates will definitely be revisited.

Former Governor Abdullahi Ganduje had split the Kano emirate into five and dethroned the then Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi.

Following the victory of the New Nigerian Peoples Party in last year’s election, Kwankwaso had said the government of Engr Abba Kabir Yusuf would review the dethronement and balkanisation of the emirate.

Speaking in an interview granted to select radio stations in Kano, the NNPP leader reinstated that the issue of Kano emirates will definitely be revisited.

Honestly it is one of the things that nobody has sat with me to discuss so far but I am sure we are going to sit and see how to go about it. Is it going to be allowed, demolished, corrected or whatever? It will be revisited, what’s supposed to be done will be done.

There were a lot of things and this was a trap. All these things were not done in good faith or intention. It was brought with some bad intentions which everyone of you here and our listeners are aware of.

“Sometimes you come with things that are good and they turn out to be bad while sometimes you bring things that are bad and they turn out to be good. So, all I know is that I was not consulted as of now but definitely we will come to discuss and see what should be done.”

Daily Trust reports that after the Supreme Court validated the victory of Governor Yusuf, there were intensified calls for the reinstatement of Sanusi.

On his part, Sanusi, who has not directly commented on the issue of his reinstatement, had accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano of attempting to seize power through a court process not knowing God was waiting.

He said this while responding to an interview Nasir Gawuna, gubernatorial candidate of the APC, granted the BBC Hausa, saying he had said he accepted the apex court’s judgment on the governorship dispute in the state as God’s decision.

But responding to Gawuna’s assertion, the former Central Bank governor said, “We thank Allah, the Almighty and congratulate the people of Kano State. During our last session, we prayed and admonished the judges to do what is right. At last God has given the people of Kano State what they voted for.

“When people vote, any attempt to stifle their choice is a shared injustice. The robbery is not on the winner, but the electorate. God would never allow this.

“People participated in an election and lost. Now they tried to force their way in through corrupt judges. This book we are reading is about accepting destiny whether good or bad, to accept God’s decision.

“One laughable thing is that after some people were defeated in an election, they went to court to hijack power. At last in the court they met Allah in wait. After stopping them from gaining power by force, now they said that they have accepted His decision.

“The best time to accept destiny is after the polls. You know people did not vote for you. You know you lost but made moves to hijack power. It’s too late.

“God is always on the side of the truth. He may give a tyrant a chance or two, but surely that would be short-lived.”

https://dailytrust.com/kano-emirates-issue-will-definitely-be-revisited-kwankwaso/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Malroux: 1:55pm On Jan 19
Good one from Kwankwaso. Time to deal with the dollar addict.

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by RingRoadCartel: 1:58pm On Jan 19
I knew they were waiting for the Supreme Court Judgement before revisiting this issue 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is the one thing Gov ABBA refused to touch. He knew that reversing it immediately will create too many enemies for him while his case was still in court. So he pretended to be cool with the current arrangement 🤣🤣🤣

Emir Sanusi is coming back!

Let me be the first to congratulate you, your majesty. Guyman King 🤣🤣

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by jumobi1(m): 2:02pm On Jan 19
The real governor

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by yinkus6750(m): 2:04pm On Jan 19
All wrongs must be right, no matter how long.
Justice must prevail.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by suleimanshehu: 2:06pm On Jan 19
Really? Is Kwankwaso the governor of Kano state, Abba Kabir Yusuf? I hope they will not start clashing if the governor refused, which I strongly believes. The Governor by now must have his own followers, and their fighting when it starts, it will be a plus to Ganduje, who knows Abba Kabir Yusuf might decamp to APC, because his victory at the supreme court was political. Where was Kwankwaso when Gov Abba Kabir Yusuf was fighting to save his seat, Kwankwaso was silent for almost 3months, where was Kwankwaso when Abba Kabir Yusuf led the Vice president and other APC entourage by giving them a tour of the new Kano state government lodge, where was Kwankwaso when Abba Kabir Yusuf an opposition NNPP governor paid a visit President Bola Tinubu, the Jagaban Borgu, the Eze 1 of Igbo land, paid him a visit in his famous Ikoyi Boudilon residence?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by illicit(m): 2:16pm On Jan 19
Well, u can't return him to Central Bank
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by budaatum: 2:24pm On Jan 19
illicit:
Well, u can't return him to Central Bank

Emir of Kano is a better position for him and us, if just because he's for the education of girls, which will also inspire almanjeris to go to school.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by MrPolitics: 2:31pm On Jan 19
Is Kwankwaso the governor? The man just wants to be the one making the decisions

6 Likes

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by jumper524(m): 2:38pm On Jan 19
Yea it should be reviewed to the scratch and be awarded to the real hair to the caliphate, the previously crowned prince and the first son of the late Adobayero whom you denied of his tittle and gave to sanusi lamido.
the elder brother to Aminu Ado bayero.
kwankwaso should go and beg him from his self imposed exile and correct his wrong doings of politically planting sanusi lamido to the throne.
he has involved himself too much with royalty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by illicit(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19
budaatum:

Emir of Kano is a better position for him and us, if just because he's for the education of girls, which will also inspire almanjeris to go to school.

Illiterate pussy don taya am 🥵

1 Like

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Cassandraloius: 2:58pm On Jan 19
Hmmm...
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by ObiaboAdoka(m): 4:58pm On Jan 19
jumper524:
Yea it should be reviewed to the scratch and be awarded to the real hair to the caliphate, the previously crowned prince and the first son of the late Adobayero whom you denied of his tittle and gave to sanusi lamido.
the elder brother to Aminu Ado bayero.
kwankwaso should go and beg him from his self imposed exile and correct his wrong doings of politically planting sanusi lamido to the throne.
he has involved himself too much with royalty.
Sanusi Lamido ll is d people choice. He is always der for poor. D throne is for Sanusi. U don't understand how d selection of Amir/Emir is done Daz y

3 Likes

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by happney65: 5:02pm On Jan 19
Where is that werey that quoted me months back and was abusing me when I said sanusi is coming back as Emir.

There you have it

They were actually waiting for the conclusion of the court case.

Power!

2 Likes

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Chimarto: 5:46pm On Jan 19
suleimanshehu:
Really? Is Kwankwaso the governor of Kano state, Abba Kabir Yusuf? I hope they will not start clashing if the governor refused, which I strongly believes. The Governor by now must have his own followers, and their fighting when it starts, it will be a plus to Ganduje, who knows Abba Kabir Yusuf might decamp to APC, because his victory at the supreme court was political. Where was Kwankwaso when Gov Abba Kabir Yusuf was fighting to save his seat, Kwankwaso was silent for almost 3months, where was Kwankwaso when Abba Kabir Yusuf led the Vice president and other APC entourage by giving them a tour of the new Kano state government lodge, where was Kwankwaso when Abba Kabir Yusuf an opposition NNPP governor paid a visit President Bola Tinubu, the Jagaban Borgu, the Eze 1 of Igbo land, paid him a visit in his famous Ikoyi Bo[b]udilon residence?

My fellow Igbo how do you describe someone who address another man as Eze 1 of Igbo land? and does the phrase make sense? Let teach this guy Igbo so he won't go around dis-graci_ng himself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by jkpbestseries: 6:23pm On Jan 19
It's Northern Business
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by SensualMan1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 19
Your Excellency, please look into the establishment of Oyo Emirate too.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by callmevirus(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:27pm On Jan 19
grin
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by 89green: 6:28pm On Jan 19
Is Kwankwaso the Governor? We have a long way to go in this Country.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by b3llo(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19
You can't do anything about it
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by princeade86(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19
Good. And challenge gandollar
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Emu4life(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19
illicit:

Illiterate pussy don taya am
Tell us you are a Drunkard without telling us you are a Drunkard. You are a disgrace.
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:30pm On Jan 19
happney65:
Where is that werey that quoted me months back and was abusing me when I said sanusi is coming back as Emir.

There you have it

They were actually waiting for the conclusion of the court case.

Power!

Lol grin If indeed the Supreme court affirmed Aba as Kano governor so as not to create trouble in the state. You think by reinstalling Sanusi will not ignite VIOLENCE?!

Sanusi was made Emir through the back so as to escape Ex President Jonathan from dealing with him.

7 Likes

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by EverythingPhone(m): 6:30pm On Jan 19
I fix faulty iPhone panels
A trial will convince you
Contact me via siggy below
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by free2ryhme: 6:30pm On Jan 19
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by free2ryhme: 6:31pm On Jan 19
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Bobloco: 6:33pm On Jan 19
suleimanshehu:
Really? Is Kwankwaso the governor of Kano state, Abba Kabir Yusuf? I hope they will not start clashing if the governor refused, which I strongly believes. The Governor by now must have his own followers, and their fighting when it starts, it will be a plus to Ganduje, who knows Abba Kabir Yusuf might decamp to APC, because his victory at the supreme court was political. Where was Kwankwaso when Gov Abba Kabir Yusuf was fighting to save his seat, Kwankwaso was silent for almost 3months, where was Kwankwaso when Abba Kabir Yusuf led the Vice president and other APC entourage by giving them a tour of the new Kano state government lodge, where was Kwankwaso when Abba Kabir Yusuf an opposition NNPP governor paid a visit President Bola Tinubu, the Jagaban Borgu, the Eze 1 of Igbo land, paid him a visit in his famous Ikoyi Boudilon residence?

Are you implying that the visit is the reason the Supreme Court didn't sack him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by Seyitosino(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19
@Daily Trust , what is shared injustice. You mean sheer injustice? It is well o.
Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by flokii: 6:34pm On Jan 19
Sanusi is going back home soon.. the West was good to him all through the political storm in Kano.

7 Likes

Re: Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso by datola: 6:34pm On Jan 19
Hmmm... Will Sanusi be reinstated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari With IBB, Sambo And El Rufai - Picture / I Prostrated For Amosun, Begged Him For Governorship Ambition - Dapo Abiodun / Governor Ganduje And Emir Sanusi Meet At The 35th Convocation Of BUK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.