Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency (6531 Views)

9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly / 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by Firgemachar: 7:45am On May 13, 2019
Nice
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by wifeesnatcher(m): 8:00am On May 13, 2019
presidency don't needs to interfere politically but engage the other grievance member till they are calm.

if the presidency don't settle with the other contestants before the NASS election, they would lose out to the second force

Buhari and his cabals no nothing about Democratic policies

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by smithsammy(m): 8:05am On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

No, that's not how it should be. This president is a weakling. We need a better leader. I see it now.
What should he have done? To have coerced them into adopting the part's candidate, and so you can call him a dictator?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by MobilityExpress: 8:27am On May 13, 2019
smithsammy:
What should he have done? To have coerced them into adopting the part's candidate, and so you can call him a dictator?

Forget about dictator matter, because it doesn't come to play here at all. APC has majority in both house and Senate, and therefore the APC as a party should determine the leaderships, this is common sense. Buhari's part is to support and push for his party's choice of leaderships. That's what is expected of him, not for him to say he will not interfere. What kind of rubbish statement or policy is that? Imagine all the APC senators and reps, and governors, as well as Buhari's (APC) party leaderships said they will not interfere during the elections, and had this kind of nonsense attitude the president is showing, and said that the election process should happen on its own, do you think Buhari would still be president today, do you think he would have won the elections? He would have lost. But now when it's time for him to influence the leadership positions adopted by his party, he is saying, he won't interfere, despite knowing that if the leadership falls to the wrong hands, his office will be handicapped again in making huge development strides in the country. This kind of action is not justifiable with the I don't want to be called a dictator excuse.
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by Olatunji1929: 8:36am On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Letting the system work itself out was how PDP took over the 8th Assembly and that was his excuse for poor performance. Now he wants history to repeat itself? I support President Buhari but everyday he is making it clearer that he is not the man for the job. We need a better President. We need a President that doesn't take a nonchalant attitude or siddon look attitude towards nation building. Sorry to say but President Buhari is no longer competent. We need a decisive President that knows how to make good plans and take decisive actions towards achieving it, not a President that had put Nigeria on auto-pilot, a president with a weakling mind and skewed philosophy that wherever the wind takes us. I have noticed over the years that President Buhari is only swift to action when it comes to appointing his fellow Northerners into critical political positions to tighten the grip of the North on power. But when it comes to Nation building and development, he is annoyingly slow and un-bothered. Same way he has refused to appoint new better security chiefs despite all the massive insecurity and killings happening. I support President Buhari and want him to succeed because if he succeeds as president then Nigeria will progress but how can you succeed when you don't even know the basics of leadership? For example, He took so long to appoint ministers, yet nothing to show for it and he didn't sack the underperforming ones. We need a president like Ganduje in this country. Bold and decisive. A emir messed up and he treated his fvck up immediately, intelligently and legally. Maybe it's because of his age, but right now, even though he won the election, President Buhari should do the country a favor and resign honorably. He will go down in history as a legend. He should hand over to someone like Ganduje. Atiku is a no-no and Osinbajo is a weakling too that will be tossed around by powerful politicians.
hand over to ganduje!!!! this Tinubu boy again i swear you are officially mad sorry

Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by hisexcellency34: 8:59am On May 13, 2019
I don't want anybody to come out and say it is the National Assembly that frustrated Buhari again
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by kernel01: 9:21am On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Letting the system work itself out was how PDP took over the 8th Assembly and that was his excuse for poor performance. Now he wants history to repeat itself? I support President Buhari but everyday he is making it clearer that he is not the man for the job. We need a better President. We need a President that doesn't take a nonchalant attitude or siddon look attitude towards nation building. Sorry to say but President Buhari is no longer competent. We need a decisive President that knows how to make good plans and take decisive actions towards achieving it, not a President that had put Nigeria on auto-pilot, a president with a weakling mind and skewed philosophy that wherever the wind takes us. I have noticed over the years that President Buhari is only swift to action when it comes to appointing his fellow Northerners into critical political positions to tighten the grip of the North on power. But when it comes to Nation building and development, he is annoyingly slow and un-bothered. Same way he has refused to appoint new better security chiefs despite all the massive insecurity and killings happening. I support President Buhari and want him to succeed because if he succeeds as president then Nigeria will progress but how can you succeed when you don't even know the basics of leadership? For example, He took so long to appoint ministers, yet nothing to show for it and he didn't sack the underperforming ones. We need a president like Ganduje in this country. Bold and decisive. A emir messed up and he treated his fvck up immediately, intelligently and legally. Maybe it's because of his age, but right now, even though he won the election, President Buhari should do the country a favor and resign honorably. He will go down in history as a legend. He should hand over to someone like Ganduje. Atiku is a no-no and Osinbajo is a weakling too that will be tossed around by powerful politicians.

Hahaha hah.... Yorubas! Because he didn't allow Tinubu to impose a puppet in the house.
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by engineerboat(m): 9:26am On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Forget about dictator matter, because it doesn't come to play here at all. APC has majority in both house and Senate, and therefore the APC as a party should determine the leaderships, this is common sense. Buhari's part is to support and push for his party's choice of leaderships. That's what is expected of him, not for him to say he will not interfere. What kind of rubbish statement or policy is that? Imagine all the APC senators and reps, and governors, as well as Buhari's (APC) party leaderships said they will not interfere during the elections, and had this kind of nonsense attitude the president is showing, and said that the election process should happen on its own, do you think Buhari would still be president today, do you think he would have won the elections? He would have lost. But now when it's time for him to influence the leadership positions adopted by his party, he is saying, he won't interfere, despite knowing that if the leadership falls to the wrong hands, his office will be handicapped again in making huge development strides in the country. This kind of action is not justifiable with the I don't want to be called a dictator excuse.

Nobody handicapped his government..
It is a lie imagination from you BMC Lagos chapter
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by MobilityExpress: 9:33am On May 13, 2019
kernel01:

Hahaha hah.... Yorubas! Because he didn't allow Tinubu to impose a puppet in the house.

Run along with your tribal politics. I don't have the time for such nonsense. My only point here is this - we don't need another excuse for under performance in the next 4 years of Buhari's adminstration. Saraki was an APC member and it was just around election period he switched to PDP, and what excuse did this government give repeatedly? Team Buhari blamed Saraki leadership for their poor performance or for obstructing the President's progress. Now you have a chance to make sure that doesn't happen again, and what do you do, you say you don't want to interfere? That means you're either planning to use it as an excuse for under performance in the coming years or you simply just don't know what you're doing. Anyhow they like they should do, but if Buhari does not perform excellently well this next 4 years, then APC can kiss federal power goodbye in 2023.
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by smithsammy(m): 9:58am On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Are you a pro Buhari/APC? Answer to this would help me determine the premise of your concern.

I await your answer.
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by kernel01: 10:10am On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Run along with your tribal politics. I don't have the time for such nonsense. My only point here is this - we don't need another excuse for under performance in the next 4 years of Buhari's adminstration. Saraki was an APC member and it was just around election period he switched to PDP, and what excuse did this government give repeatedly? Team Buhari blamed Saraki leadership for their poor performance or for obstructing the President's progress. Now you have a chance to make sure that doesn't happen again, and what do you do, you say you don't want to interfere? That means you're either planning to use it as an excuse for under performance in the coming years or you simply just don't know what you're doing. Anyhow they like they should do, but if Buhari does not perform excellently well this next 4 years, then APC can kiss federal power goodbye in 2023.

Stop making excuses that Saraki disrupted his first tenure. The signed budget of over 4 years, amounting 28 trillion Naira, what project can Buhari boost of?

Look stop thinking we're all fools. Ibadan expressway has been on for over 6 years now, 2rd Niger Bridge is less 15% done, Ogoni Clean Up Exercise is less than 5%. The refinery that was promised isn't producing after spending billions.

Is it Saraki that implements budgets? Is Ministries not directly under the executive?
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:11am On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Yes, Trump did actually. Because he knew how important it was to have a Congress that majority were on his side and the leadership under his party. Donald Trump campaigned rigorously and tirelessly to ensure that the Republican candidates won both the house and Senate and maintained their leadership positions. That was one of the main reasons he could withstand the storm of hell of fabricated attacks that came against him after winning the elections. If the Dems were in power in the house and Senate, they would have impeached him based on their evil plots. However, the Democrats have now taken over the leadership of the house of reps, and right now, Donald Trump is going through another round of persecution because of it. If you understand the politics of democracy, without the Senate and house leaderships on your side, the President is a sitting duck grin
you Just failed my question...American politics is not a one way traffic...every sensible democracy needs a vibrant legislature to check the executive...na rubbish some of una want for nass make many state legislatures rubber stamp in Nigeria...
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by brookz: 12:26pm On May 13, 2019
Kosi wahala!

History (2015) will repeat itself.
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by Indispensable85(m): 12:49pm On May 13, 2019
Buhari is the most naive president we've had since 1999. He doesn't seem to know anything or learn anything new both in politics and in governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by goshee: 4:34pm On May 13, 2019
orion7:
useless leader. this is the leiz-affair attitude he has toward this nation.

If buhari doesn't intervene. odinarry dino will trounce lawan if he declares
Ordinary Dino? but Dino will make a better SP than that stooge
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by goshee: 4:43pm On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

No, that's not how it should be. This president is a weakling. We need a better leader. I see it now.
you are just seeing it now because his actions seems to be get at Tinubu. it must reach anybody one by one. Isa Fantua, Abba Kyari, Mumman Daura and one Kingibe abi na wetin are the ones ruling. they no sent anybody not even tinubu of Osinbajo. bybtye time buhari fully assumes seat and probably win Atiku at the supreme court then their next assignment will be to destroy tinubu from within same they did to Saraki, I foresee Ambode becoming a powerful minister and from which tinubu will be fought from within. Fact is if tinubu should have his way before 2023 he will be more powerful than even buhari but those cabals are very intelligent and waiting to strike when buhari must have achieved stability
Re: Buhari Won't Interfere In 9th National Assembly Leadership Tussle - Presidency by goshee: 4:49pm On May 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

why is Atiku a no no but Ganduje is a yes yes lolsss

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Hear Heavy Rain With Thunder In Aso-rock – Mbaka / FG, Auditor’s Office, National Assembly In Fresh Breach Of Fiscal Rules / LASG Reassures Boat Passengers Of Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.