Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless (805 Views)

Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son / I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man / Cacudu Benson's First Wife Now Homeless (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by arinze198(m): 7:16am On May 13, 2019
The police in Lagos have arrested a 39-Year old man, Henry Effiong, for secretly selling a property jointly owned with his wife, Sandra, and thereby rendering the family homeless.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that the incident happened at 4 Ganiyu Ogunlana Street, Awoyaya area of Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, where they reside.

Full story: http://pmexpressng.com/man-arrested-secretly-selling-house-rendering-family-homeless/

Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 10:01am On May 13, 2019
Nice one, proving the safety in having 2 distinct names on the property documentation. No Mr and Mrs Effiong but Henry Effiong and Sandra Effiong.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 1:11am On May 14, 2019
the remedy is to sue him for accounts. sincerely what charge can be sustained in this instance? I sold a property I owned..
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 4:51am On May 14, 2019
mankettle:
the remedy is to sue him for accounts. sincerely what charge can be sustained in this instance? I sold a property I owned..

Jointly owned not sole ownership.
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 5:13am On May 14, 2019
Pavore9:

Jointly owned not sole ownership.
caveat emptor.. let the buyer beware. he can sued by the buyer for fraudulent misrepresentation, but a buyer as the duty to confirm who owns a property.
he has the will to deal with same as he chooses
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 6:44am On May 14, 2019
mankettle:

caveat emptor.. let the buyer beware. he can sued by the buyer for fraudulent misrepresentation, but a buyer as the duty to confirm who owns a property.
he has the will to deal with same as he chooses

Facing fraud on two fronts, the buyer and his wife.
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 6:48am On May 14, 2019
one side the buyer.
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 6:55am On May 14, 2019
mankettle:
one side the buyer.

What of the wife, who is the co-owner and rendered homeless?
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 10:34am On May 14, 2019
Pavore9:

What of the wife, who is the co-owner and rendered homeless?
tough luck
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 10:37am On May 14, 2019
mankettle:

tough luck

That is why he has been arrested as he has no right to render his family homeless. That marriage is already over, the woman and her family will be focused on getting her share of the proceeds from the sale.
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2019
Pavore9:

That is why he has been arrested as he has no right to render his family homeless. That marriage is already over, the woman and her family will be focused on getting her share of the proceeds from the sale.
travesty of Justice. he has the perogative to render his family homeless. it is HIS family. morever some offences are not criminal, some are civil. if I decide to vacate the house, sell it and marry another wife. I have committed no crime maybe I have offended u civilly
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 11:26am On May 14, 2019
mankettle:

travesty of Justice. he has the perogative to render his family homeless. it is HIS family. morever some offences are not criminal, some are civil. if I decide to vacate the house, sell it and marry another wife. I have committed no crime maybe I have offended u civilly

It is criminal to solely sell off a jointly owned asset without consent, irrespective of relationship with joint owner. That rogue is certainly coughing out his wife's share and very free to go remarry.
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2019
Pavore9:

It is criminal to solely sell off a jointly owned asset without consent, irrespective of relationship with joint owner. That rogue is certainly coughing out his wife's share and very free to go remarry.
sincerely sir, it is NOT a criminal offense to dispose of ones property. even the police are aware that was why he was charged under 249 breach of public peace and not 419, or 390(9) which is fraud or stealing
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 1:07pm On May 14, 2019
mankettle:

sincerely sir, it is NOT a criminal offense to dispose of ones property. even the police are aware that was why he was charged under 249 breach of public peace and not 419, or 390(9) which is fraud or stealing

Why are you ignoring the fact that it is jointly owned, not solely owned?
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 6:40am On May 15, 2019
Pavore9:

Why are you ignoring the fact that it is jointly owned, not solely owned?
I am not Sir. I am aware if that fact and I have taken same into consideration. whether jointly or separately owned it makes no difference. she sues him for her share while the buyer will contend with her too. NO CRIME was committed.
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 6:46am On May 15, 2019
mankettle:

I am not Sir. I am aware if that fact and I have taken same into consideration. whether jointly or separately owned it makes no difference. she sues him for her share while the buyer will contend with her too. NO CRIME was committed.

I hope your view stands in a law court.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by mankettle(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2019
Pavore9:

I hope your view stands in a law court.
yes it would. but note, since I was not paid for the advise or views, I bear no responsibility whatsoevr
Re: Man Arrested For Secretly Selling House, Rendering Family Homeless by Pavore9: 11:43am On May 15, 2019
mankettle:

yes it would. but note, since I was not paid for the advise or views, I bear no responsibility whatsoevr

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Baby's Epic Reaction After His Dad Joined Him In Crying (Photos) / LAST LONGER In Bed: Only for Married Men [Picture] / Lesbian Girl Leaves Islam And Gives Message To Her Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.