Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

OHANAEZE Speaks On Igbo Origin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OHANAEZE Speaks On Igbo Origin (682 Views)

Ohanaeze Speaks... / 2023: We Are Working On Igbo Presidency – Ohanaeze, Amaechi, Izuogu, Others / Ohanaeze Speaks On ‘fight’ Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OHANAEZE Speaks On Igbo Origin by Saintbossman: 10:48am On May 13, 2019
OHANAEZE has urged those misleading the public with fake stories of Igbo origin to stop. The group also advised Igbo not to engage further in the debate of ownership of Ile Ife. In a s statement made available to Newsmen in Asaba Delta state on May 10, 2019 , the Spokesman for the group in the Southwest Prince Erondu Uche also accused some politicians of using the debate as a tool to further deprive Igbo their rightful positions at the national level. The statement reads;

"This press statement is necessitated by the numerous publications and reactions which have trailed the recent debate on Igbo origin, ownership of Ile ife and the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba tribes. Miscreants have used the intellectual clash and display of knowledge by Historians, Scholars, traditional Rulers and interested individuals on this subject matter to make unguided comments, especially on social media. Desperate Politicians on the other hand are also using it as a tool to work against Igbo.

It is important to note that Igbo know their origin, likewise the Yoruba and other tribes and ethnic groups in Africa. It is wrong for any tribe to claim superiority of knowledge of origin of another tribe more than the tribe in question. In the school of knowledge, no man is an island. What your father told you about my father would definitely differ from my father’s story about himself and his story is the truth.

Many scholars have written about the origin of the Igbo race. Some agree with each other while some disagree, but to an extent one can see a great similarity in all. Each Scholar or Researcher writes based on data he accessed. Most of the published materials on Igbo origin lack truth. The resultant effect is that those who read these fake materials are mislead. Another problem is the incomplete stories told by some old men most of whom were and are traditional rulers. Old age or title cannot be a determinant for truth, an old man or title holder who posses incomplete story would mislead his audience. Almost all reactions, comments and publications made on this subject within the last few weeks are based on these fallible sources.

I therefore advice all Igbo to stop all form of publications regarding this subject matter. Igbo know their origin. To politicians who have hijacked this debate in order to further deprive Igbo their due leadership positions at the national level, I urge you to desist from rewriting Igbo history to avoid the wroth of the gods.

No doubt Igbo and Yoruba are closely related and the two tribes know their root. No tribe in the world can tell the origin of another tribe more than the tribe in focus."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OHANAEZE Speaks On Igbo Origin by Afamed: 10:52am On May 13, 2019
Lol
Re: OHANAEZE Speaks On Igbo Origin by donbachi(m): 11:20am On May 13, 2019
House in fulani language is ulo like in igbo language...are you now telling me they are related...i know of urhobo and igbo.money is ego in igbo,igo in urhobo..biko nu and biko na...just like "salama le ukwu"meaning salama see waist and he will reply "ale ukwu masalam"meaning ale the waist is pleasant.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ninth NASS: APC S’south Group Backs S’east For DSP, Endorses Kalu (photos) / Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation / Buhari’s Wife Officially Adopts The Title Of First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.