Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation (682 Views)

Buhari & The Vampires Around Him Never Wanted Tinubu To Be President - Omatseye / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... / 2019: Youths Commence Moves To Unseat Buhari - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ManirBK: 9:57am On Jun 01, 2019
The poor president in a rich
nation – he is worth N30 million,
270 cows, 25 sheep, five horses,
birds and economic trees, five
houses in Kaduna, Daura, Kano
and Abuja. And the Daura houses
are made of clay.
In a land where a musician has
’30 billion in his account,’ his
president is N30 million worth!
Who is this man and why is he
always redefining life as a piece
of worthless sojourn where
regardless of your accumulation,
you are going to leave it empty
and void? We have ministers in
his cabinet that are undoubtedly
richer than some states in
Nigeria, yet he presides on them
with limited appetite for the
things of the world. Like he said
in one of his off -the- cuff
speeches, ‘‘I came into this world
with nothing and with nothing I
shall leave.’’ If the life of this man
doesn’t awe you, inspire you and
make you contented with
whatever comes your way, then
you have a problem grappling
with the awesomeness of life.
This is the time for investigative
journalists to go deeper in
search of the worth of this man
beyond what he has submitted
in his assets declaration. The
mystery and otherwise of this
man must be unravelled. We
must know the DNA of his
existence why greed, insatiable
needs and materialism does not
define his creed. The man
Muhammadu Buhari is a case in
the study of human mystery.
Beyond his personal discipline,
austere nature and Spartan
lifestyles, time it is we look at his
governance style, where he has
demonstrated leadership, where
he needs to be firm and where
he needs the tight options. So
far, it is difficult to have a
president in Nigeria that has
exhibited true democratic tenet
like Muhammadu Buhari. Instead
of using his enormous power as
president, he has consistently
relied on the provisions of the
law to run the affairs of the state.
Coming from a history of ruthless
use of power, the world
expected a dictatorial president
but it is a new Buhari that has
stunned everyone with his
extreme democratic postures.
While some would argue that ‘his
extreme adherence’ to
democratic tenets is hurting
governance, others think, for the
first time, democratic principles
where rule of law defines
institutions, is taking place and
should be encouraged to
permanent sustenance.
Ad
Like before, the president must
hit the ground running, a repeat
of 2015 where months were
wasted searching for ministers
should not be allowed. The tasks
at hand requires a supersonic
approach where urgency is the
driving force. The gains achieved
in the last four years must be
sustained and the right people
given the push to sustain the
right. Time is very critical in
governance and the president
must utilise it this time.
Laxity, naivety and incompetence
should not be tolerated in the
quest for the next level and last
level of the president. Never
again must he hold brief for non-
performing members of his
cabinet. Those saddled with
responsibilities must be given
benchmarks, targets and
expected outcomes. As it is, in
this last lap, there is no
incumbent to blame but the
government itself. Security
situations that have defied
government huge spending must
be given a closer and out of the
box strategy. Managers of our
security architectures must be
monitored closely and given the
boot where no result is
forthcoming. The time for
learning on the job is over.
Ad
On the economy, the progress
we are making and the tempo
needed must be sustained. The
Nigerian Economy Improved by
2.4 per cent in 2018Q4 and 1.9
per cent in 2018. Full year latest
release from the National Bureau
of Statistics revealed that Q4
2018 GDP numbers grew by 2.4
per cent compared to Q3 2018
growth of 1.8 per cent. This
growth mirrored the
performance of the non-oil
sector which improved by 2.7
per cent. The full year GDP
improved by 1.9 per cent better
than 2017 of 0.8 per cent. This
performance is still weak and
fragile, but then, sustaining it,
going forward, is what will
guarantee national growth. It is
also far below 3 per cent annual
population growth as this
remains a cause for concern due
to its wider on inclusive and
sustainable growth in the
country.
These and many others are our
expectations from President
Muhammadu Buhari as he steers
the ship to the next level. As it is,
the man will be named on the
top list of those who rescued
Nigeria from the grips of looters
and retired those who arrogated
to themselves the landlords of
Nigeria. For now, it’s all about the
man with just N30 million in his
account and holds tight as the
most powerful president in
Africa.
https://leadership.ng/2019/06/01/muhammadu-buhari-the-poor-president-in-a-rich-nation/amp/?
mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ManirBK: 9:58am On Jun 01, 2019
I can agree that his salaries and allowances are shared between his family members, friends, sadaqat(charity), and probably his son Yusuf has the lion share.
Don't you think such can happen because of his integrity?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by Liebermantic: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2019
This lie can no longer sell..A pure lie..Buhari is the most corrupt president in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by Paperwhite(m): 10:04am On Jun 01, 2019
[s]
ManirBK:
I can agree that his salaries & allowances are shared between his family members, friends, sadaqat(charity) & probably his son Yusuf has the lion share.Don't you think such can happen because of his integrity?
[/s]
It is impossible to deploy the resources of logic to argue that Buhari has integrity. He doesn’t. Well, unless integrity means something to Buhari supporters other than what it actually means in the English language
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/adeosun-s-nysc-certificate-is-as-fake-as-buhari-s-integrity-260912.html

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by tuniski: 10:07am On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
I can agree that his salaries and allowances are shared between his family members, friends, sadaqat(charity), and probably his son Yusuf has the lion share.
Don't you think such can happen because of his integrity?
Trash!!!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ManirBK: 10:09am On Jun 01, 2019
tuniski:

Trash!!!
That's why our ex multi rich presidents could not follow him to the next level because they hide skull in their cupboards only one poor ex Yakubu Gowon is happy with this administration because he has nothing to hide no rascal business interest he is only elder statement with Nigeria in his mind
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ManirBK: 10:09am On Jun 01, 2019
Liebermantic:
This lie can no longer sell..A pure lie..Buhari is the most corrupt president in Nigeria
He repeatedly said it times without number that any Nigerian who is doubtful of what he declare is free to contest in any court of law in the world

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ManirBK: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2019
PMB is a good example to up coming leaders. PDP introduced thiefery which was becoming a way of life to young people and their Oga's at the top!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by Paperwhite(m): 10:16am On Jun 01, 2019
Buhari can only fool himself & his hoards of mummified zombie followers.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ManirBK: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2019
Paperwhite:
Buhari can only fool himself & the hoard of mummified zombie followers.
thank God I'm not brainwashed with corruption is not stealing
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by midolian(m): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
He repeatedly said it times without number that any Nigerian who is doubtful of what he declare is free to contest in any court of law in the world
They won't contest that. They would rather wail their life away
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2019
Buhari is a failure whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures..

This is a man who promised to cut cost of governance by stopping public office holders from seeking medical treatment abroad but was first to break the promise..

This is a man who promised to fight Boko Haram but ended up funding them... Today Boko Haram.. Bandits and Fulani herdsmen roam the country on a killing spree...

This is a man who declared 30m to his name while his son drives around town with a 50m power bike...

This is a bald man who spends millions in hair cuts ... Who spends billions on travels in a country known as the poverty capital of the world..

Buhari is a terrorist... Those who support him are worse than Ebola.. Zombies everywhere
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by ManirBK: 10:28am On Jun 01, 2019
midolian:
They won't contest that. They would rather wail their life away
There is no politician like president Muhammad buhari and there might not be a reliable one like him yet.... We might not appreciate him yet but I bet you... Time is coming when we will search for someone like him and not find one

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 01, 2019
If the op meant that writeup as a joke, then I understand with him.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 01, 2019
So because he declared N30m and a few livestock we are supposed to believe that hook, line and sinker?...

Get your head out of the mud, his estacodes and allowances out weighs 30m/annum talk more of 4 years despite the govt handling all his expenses 100%

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by midolian(m): 10:33am On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
There is no politician like president Muhammad buhari and there might not be a reliable one like him yet.... We might not appreciate him yet but I bet you... Time is coming when we will search for someone like him and not find one
They accept him or not, he has come to stay for another 4 solid years!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by nototribalist: 10:33am On Jun 01, 2019
Almajiri thief

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by Arexit: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2019
if you think travelling up and down while your citizens go through this is a sign of a good man, i really hope god treats you with this kind of goodness

"Horror in the kidnappers’ den

It took me a long time of reflections to put this piece together. First, let me thank my husband for the emotional support, the counselling and for his belief in the creator of heaven and earth which we call God or Allah.
The journey began in Auchi. We had travelled to Akure on a Monday, stayed with my husband’s relations in the outskirt of this ancient town. In the evening of Monday, we visited the palace for dinner, my husband being a close friend to son of the King.
On Tuesday, we left for Ibadan, via the Akure-Ilesa road. Our plan was that after attending the wedding in Auchi, we would travel with (my husband) to Lagos, stay for few weeks before returning abroad where I had lived with my husband and children for more than a decade. We were in the car of a close family friend, an accountant who gave his time and energy for our comfort.

We were five in the car, myself, my husband, our daughter, a lady who is my husband’s niece who had joined us in Akure with the hope of travelling with us to Lagos.
The driver accountant maintained a normal speed. He drove professionally. That gave me a lot of comfort and I felt I could find time to sleep a bit. My daughter was next to me, just 9. She was coming to Nigeria with me for the second time.
Shortly after the Ijare junction, the driver felt the wagon’s tires ruptured and decided to pack the car with the hope of changing the tires.

It was like a film. In a jiffy, motley crowd of armed men in military uniform came out of the bush. They fired at the boot of the car. Ahead of us, five of them came out of the bush, another two came from the rear. My daughter screamed: “Mummy, daddy, what’s going on”. There was no time to say a word. They marched us through into the bush, firing into the sky. They hit me on my chest, hit my daughter on her head, blood oozed. At this time, it was better to kill me. I shouted at one of the armed men. His response was hell. He went straight for my private part, tore my dress with his gun. The others ripped my dresses. I was left with my undies. My husband and my daughter started crying. Two of them dug their teeth into my breasts.
While attending a secondary school in Adamawa, I had lived with some Fulani, so I understand a few Fulani words. I started pleading, at least for my daughter. To my shock, at gun point, they removed the dress of my little girl, one of them carried her on his head as my baby struggled, shouting “Daddy, mummy, what’s going on. Help me.”

I could not help myself. We were marched for 9 hours. I was half Unclad. My daughter was totally Unclad. A felt her tears was like a stream of blood on her cheek. Our phones had been seized. We ended up in an ungoverned region in the thick of the forest. We met a well organized group.
There were some kidnapped victims, I saw two women, two ladies and three men. There were some people with their legs chained to trees. They were as if half dead. We were separated. I was separated from my husband. My daughter was taken away. I only heard her scream intermittently. I did not know what they were doing to her.
These men, now about two dozen had a full kitchen, they had a huge camp and a traditional medical team. But the camps appear isolated from each other. We heard noises afar indicating it might be nuclear settlements of camps. Right in my presence, I saw them pack the remains of a woman. They took her and buried her few meters away from us. She had tribal marks.
I cannot describe the agony of 6 days in captivity in this little piece. I cannot talk about how they asked my husband to choose between myself being raped or that his daughter be raped. My husband broke down in uncontrollable tears. One of them hit him saying “Yoruba bastard, you dey cry. Idiot.”
They now gave him the option that he should be raped by one homosexual among them. My husband is a devout Muslim. He told them homosexual and rape of any kind was against Islam. They hit him with the butt of AK 47: “What do you know about Islam?”
You can imagine, you are being asked to choose between being raped by a homosexual, your daughter, just nine years old, or your wife being raped? They gave the forth option, if you fail to choose, they would rape my daughter, rape my husband and rape me.
I made myself the sacrificial lamb. My husband begged, saying they should name their price. One of them asked him to bend down. Three beastly criminals sat on his back, jumping until he was too weak to stand. I was not allowed to put on any additional cloth on my body for 24 hours. The rain fell once. I became the relic and a sexual museum for the armed men who in turn addressed me and asked questions about my financial standing. New Fulani men joined the camp. They organized military training for the new Fulani men that came, teaching them how to shoot and walk through circles of glowing fire.
We were not released until after 6 days. We had to walk the same zik-zag journey back to the main road, our eyes blindfolded. During the negotiation to pay, they said the money was not for them alone that they had to settle “those who send us”. For me, I see a thriving, organized crime supported by powerful political interests.
Now, I do not think we were released to freedom after paying a whopping 8 million naira. I do not think we can ever be free, we can never be free, from the anguish, the psychological trauma, the nightmares we suffered, the occasional fits of our daughter, her waking up midnight behaving strangely, her asking the same question over and over: “Mummy, mummy, why?. Why.?” I do not have any answer.
In my life, I have never passed through a torture chamber like this. I do not think any society should let this happen. I do not know the fate of those we met, and about 7 other people brought during the 6 days we were in captivity. What I saw was a nation that has collapsed but pretends she lives, a people on life support. Crime is not restricted to Fulani people alone. We have Yoruba criminals. But I don’t Yoruba criminals are not as beastly. These elements are savages. I can’t imagine Yoruba thieves going to Sokoto or Maiduguri to kidnap Fulani people and keep them in their own bushes. It gives me mental torture that this is happening and some fools are even trying to justify or look for excuses.
Well, as a devout Muslim, myself and my family have taken solace in Allah, not the Nigerian police, not the Army, not the governments. We have taken our faith the way it came. I thank God that we have successfully returned to where we live, thousands of miles from Nigeria. We thank God that we have made a vow: Never shall me, any of my children or husband in our lifetime visit Nigeria. Our remains any time we die, will also not be buried in Nigeria. It was a suggestion by my daughter which we all adopted.
I pity the country. I pity her people who continuously walk like the living dead. I pity those who parade themselves as leaders, because they know nothing about what is going on and the abyss the country sunk already.

I pity Yoruba people, oh, I pity you. I pity my people. For me the issue is not about President Buhari. Democracy can produce anything, even the worst in the society.

What I worry about is the conspiracy of silence by the people themselves, the ignorance, the treachery and the illusion that one day, things will get better through another election.

Since I was born in Nigeria, each year had led from bad to worse and on and on. I do not have a solution to what is going on, but I think very soon, hell will let loose upon the earth as long as there is no law and order and anarchy and the rule of brutes is the order of the day.
Once again, there cannot be anything more comforting than my husband who saw what I went through but has been able to encourage me and even encouraged me to write this little piece after months of agony and sociological imbalance. Good night Nigerians.

Copied from a forum of Nigerian Women in Diaspora"
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by FearGodinall: 10:48am On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
PMB is a good example to up coming leaders. PDP introduced thiefery which was becoming a way of life to young people and their Oga's at the top!
. Should I emulate a man were all his children schooled abroad while comfortable seen his neighbours children begging aroud.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by tuniski: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
That's why our ex multi rich presidents could not follow him to the next level because they hide skull in their cupboards only one poor ex Yakubu Gowon is happy with this administration because he has nothing to hide no rascal business interest he is only elder statement with Nigeria in his mind

Max 2023 the affliction of man worshiping will be cured in our politics with buhari's exit. Poverty is not a virtue contentment is and they are different.

PMB is double faced
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by tuniski: 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
FearGodinall:
. Should I emulate a man were all his children schooled abroad while comfortable seen his neighbours children begging aroud.
That is the tragedy of buharideens.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: The Poor President In A Rich Nation by tuniski: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:

He won't be missed when he is gone cos zilch is his legacy!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Wife Officially Adopts The Title Of First Lady / Aso Rock Hijacked: Mamman Daura Cabal Demands $1.5 Million From Ministerial Hope / South-west Roads No Longer Safe, Schools Operating Under Fear – Gov. Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.