Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

I Didn’t Slump In Delta – Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Slump In Delta – Gowon (376 Views)

Nigeria’s Fiscal Crisis Worsens With Slump In Oil Production To 1.08m Bdp / Parents Of Kidnapped Jangebe, Zamfara Students Slump, Vandalise School - Teacher / Adamu Fagengawo Slump, Dies In Dubai (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Slump In Delta – Gowon by vegafbs: 2:05pm On May 13, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/05/13/i-didnt-slump-in-delta-gowon/

Former military Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, on Sunday denied slumping in Delta State saying the recent media reports to that effect were untrue.

Gowon said this during a thanksgiving service for the 32nd annual Fresh Fire Convention of Gethsemane Prayer Ministries and the dedication of its Bethel Prayer Suites, Retreat and Conference Centre, at The Chapel of Light, Eleyele, Ibadan, Oyo State.

There had been media reports that Gowon slumped during the funeral of a former Military Governor of the defunct Midwest Region, late Maj. Gen. David Ejoor, in Delta State on May 3.

Secretary of the Christian group, Nigeria Prays, which Gowon chairs, Austen Kemie, who represented the elder statesman at the event said, “I am representing General Gowon at this gathering. He said he did not slump as reported in the news few days ago. Though he is 85 years old, he is still waxing stronger and stronger. But, the false news went all over the world.

“He (Gowon) said calls were coming to him from Canada, America, United Kingdom and other countries of the world on the news that he slumped. He asked me when we spoke if I could see how strong he was. He said he could walk 10 miles.”

Gowon in a letter to GPMI congratulated the church on its achievements and regretted his inability to be part of the convention due to other engagements.

Re: I Didn’t Slump In Delta – Gowon by Nbote(m): 2:11pm On May 13, 2019
Lolzzz... How there's nothing wrong in an 85yr old slumping. It's called old age. No b everything una go deny
Re: I Didn’t Slump In Delta – Gowon by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:41pm On May 13, 2019
dont knw what to believe again o....you or the media....butmwho and who go the burial for us to know...

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Planning To Overthrow Buhari - Nigerian Military / Ihedioha Blows Hot: I Will Step On Toes, Imo Must Work / Uche Nwosu’s Aide Lectures Governor Ihedioha On Free Healthcare Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.