Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

I Can't Insert Characters In Wordpress 5 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Can't Insert Characters In Wordpress 5 (610 Views)

Wordpress 5.5 Overview / Wordpress 5.5 Will Introduce Auto-updates For Themes And Plugins / Wordpress 5.0 Released With Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Insert Characters In Wordpress 5 by chocky01: 3:00pm On May 13, 2019
Around December 2018, Wordpress upgraded the platform to version 5.0 which comes with great features like blocks and the pretty Gutenberg text editor. However a little issue accompanied the editor as inserting text within a block has become difficult. As text you want to insert on will highlight and replace instead. I experienced this challenge first hand so I think pple looking for solutions should get it easily
SOLUTION
Simply tap the insert button when you want to insert a character inbetween sentences. The inssert button is next to the f12 function keys on windows or just beside the backspace on the right (for pple with conventional keyboard). Basically after inserting for the first time, you can be able to hover your mouse and point to where you want to insert on subsequent times.
Note: Any update to a later wordpress version will require you to redo the process all over again

If you found this helpful, you are free to let me know on my website [url]deAnalyst.com/contact[/url]

(1) (Reply)

How To Save High Transaction Fees With Transferwise Best Payoneer Alternative / The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic / I Can Get Your Google Adsense Account Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.