Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,659 members, 7,958,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:43 AM

Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? (550 Views)

Devil's Tongue: The Scam Of Speaking In Tongues / 10 Easiest Way To Kill Yourself.. / Don't Kill Yourself. Check These Relieving Animal Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by mrintellectual(m): 2:11pm On May 14, 2019
Seriously, it can be depressing when a student fails an exam he had so much attached his success in life to. Let me tell you the truth. Education, nowadays, especially in Nigeria, is not a means of becoming comfortable or wealthy in life. Many people of meaning today know this for a fact.

Come to think of it. You battle with WAEC for 3 years, battle JAMB for another 4 years. You battle university education or polytechnic education for 5 years. You were 16 when you finished high school, remember? Add up all the years. You graduate at 27. You go for NYSC at 28, only to be advised there, during camp, to learn shoe making or bead making, photography or furniture making. After how many years!

You looked for job at 29, and finally nearly got a job at 32. You were told during interview that the job is for people less than 25 as a graduate trainee, or people not more than 28, with 4 years experience.

Gentlemen and ladies, this is the reality. Is it this scam that you want to die over?

After looking endlessly for job, you were advised to start your masters. By this time, you have been teaching since your service year. You begin your masters, while teaching. You struggle with your second degree, and by 35, you were through.

By this time, your parents and family have started mounting pressure on you to bring home your girl friend, so they can get you married. Finally, with your masters degree, you are now married. By 36, you are expecting your first kid. But, your salary just got increased to 28000 naira.

This is the education that you want to die for? Kai! Don't do that.

However, you can learn a trade, while studying and preparing for admission. Go into trading, marketing, be wise. Don't let your life depend on JAMB or the Sick Nigerian educational system. There is more to life than getting a tertiary education.

Infact, with your score, you can still gain admission into some institutions. Even if you scored 140 or 135! Don't kill yourself, I beg. Even medical graduates, lawyers today, in Nigeria are now jobless. But, with a skill of your own, you will never get stranded.

Please, don't kill yourself. Even if friends and family mock you, or your peers have gone way ahead of you. Don't kill yourself. I am Stephen. I love you with the love of Jesus Christ. You will succeed in life. Don't give up.

Read more encouraging and motivating posts on www.ourhouseoftalk.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by Effulgent(m): 2:24pm On May 14, 2019
Education is not a scam....
Education cannot only be acquired in the four walls of the school .
the topic would be better this way :"Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called SCHOOL?"
But nothing I'm this world is worth committing suicide for

P.S:Education has made the world a better place

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by Poorboy: 2:32pm On May 14, 2019
I'm currently reaping the benefits of going to school, though it's not easy to get through....

2 Likes

Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by mrintellectual(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2019
Poorboy:
I'm currently reaping the benefits of going to school, though it's not easy to get through....

That has happened to few, very few people. Many out there are just struggling to survive, even after their masters degree.
Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by mrintellectual(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2019
Effulgent:
Education is not a scam....
Education cannot only be acquired in the four walls of the school .
the topic would be better this way :"Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called SCHOOL?"
But nothing I'm this world is worth committing suicide for

P.S:Education has made the world a better place

Actually, I meant formal education, or more specifically, the Nigerian educational system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by Poorboy: 3:10pm On May 14, 2019
mrintellectual:

That has happened to few, very few people. Many out there are just struggling to survive, even after their masters degree.
I understand you very well....
Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by budaatum: 3:23pm On May 14, 2019
mrintellectual:
Let me tell you the truth. Education, nowadays, especially in Nigeria, is not a means of becoming comfortable or wealthy in life. Many people of meaning today know this for a fact.
"People of meaning" have always known that education has never been a "means of becoming comfortable or wealthy in life".

It is the labour you do that puts food on your table and that makes one "comfortable or wealthy in life". Education just makes you labour wisely, while labouring unwisely depresses.

1 Like

Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by Effulgent(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2019
mrintellectual:

Actually, I meant formal education, or more specifically, the Nigerian educational system.
Oh, this is better
Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by SeekingHelp: 7:20am On May 15, 2019
mrintellectual:
Seriously, it can be depressing when a student fails an exam he had so much attached his success in life to. Let me tell you the truth. Education, nowadays, especially in Nigeria, is not a means of becoming comfortable or wealthy in life. Many people of meaning today know this for a fact.

Come to think of it. You battle with WAEC for 3 years, battle JAMB for another 4 years. You battle university education or polytechnic education for 5 years. You were 16 when you finished high school, remember? Add up all the years. You graduate at 27. You go for NYSC at 28, only to be advised there, during camp, to learn shoe making or bead making, photography or furniture making. After how many years!

You looked for job at 29, and finally nearly got a job at 32. You were told during interview that the job is for people less than 25 as a graduate trainee, or people not more than 28, with 4 years experience.

Gentlemen and ladies, this is the reality. Is it this scam that you want to die over?

After looking endlessly for job, you were advised to start your masters. By this time, you have been teaching since your service year. You begin your masters, while teaching. You struggle with your second degree, and by 35, you were through.

By this time, your parents and family have started mounting pressure on you to bring home your girl friend, so they can get you married. Finally, with your masters degree, you are now married. By 36, you are expecting your first kid. But, your salary just got increased to 28000 naira.

This is the education that you want to die for? Kai! Don't do that.

However, you can learn a trade, while studying and preparing for admission. Go into trading, marketing, be wise. Don't let your life depend on JAMB or the Sick Nigerian educational system. There is more to life than getting a tertiary education.

Infact, with your score, you can still gain admission into some institutions. Even if you scored 140 or 135! Don't kill yourself, I beg. Even medical graduates, lawyers today, in Nigeria are now jobless. But, with a skill of your own, you will never get stranded.

Please, don't kill yourself. Even if friends and family mock you, or your peers have gone way ahead of you. Don't kill yourself. I am Stephen. I love you with the love of Jesus Christ. You will succeed in life. Don't give up.

Read more encouraging and motivating posts on www.ourhouseoftalk.com

For you and most people out there, it is a scam. But it isn't a scam for me. I have a bachelor's degree in Public Administration and I won't stop at that as I'm preparing on studying Law. I know as a Lawyer i will be more successful in my Real Estate business. So one has to set his or her own priorities right. I mean you should know the purpose of getting any certification. It is called life goals. I also happen to come from a society where much emphases are placed on academic qualifications. Thus, you could be so wealthy with no education, but not regarded like an average person with immense erudition.

I notice people with little or no schooling are the most timid set of humans. They are not good in public speaking or in leadership. More so, going to school shouldn't be all about amassing wealth, but also impacting our immediate societies. Hence, no matter how bastardized our educational system may seem, getting a quality education should not be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: Why Kill Yourself Over The Scam Called EDUCATION? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:45am On May 15, 2019
SeekingHelp:

I notice people with little or no schooling are the most timid set of humans.

Timid, how?

Educated or not, it doesn't affect one's confidence in anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Professor Helps Student Calm Crying Baby During Lecture As He Continue Teaching / EAC - (cambridge A'level Program) Get To Enter University 200 Level Home/abroad / (GST 122) E-health Management: Components, Benefits And Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.