Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,837 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) (38438 Views)

Fraud Scandal Hits Dangote’s N10bn Grant To Women / Jumia Dispatch Rider Punches & Manhandles Customer For Rejecting An Item / Mad Man Spotted At First Bank ATM, Abaji (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by PrettyEneawan(f): 5:20pm On May 14, 2019
So Sad God Will Surely Fight For You
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Freshbaba95(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2019
Bankers and fraud be like 5 and 6

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 14, 2019
I read the story thoroughly, this are the kind that interest hmm I am afraid about the way the matter is been handled because unfortunately the justice system is bridled with cases of corruption as well where a man with a few bucks can outwit a man with the real facts, I hope his lawyer is willing to work wholeheartedly and decisively, many people are in jail wrongfully it's such a pity.
God will see him through.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by einsteine(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2019
I don't get this.

The accounts that received the transfered money, don't they have owners?

How can a dispatch rider be accused of fraud? Where would he get the stamps and the instruction from? Someone that doesn't even have access to Finacle.

Anyway, FBN has always been a microcosm of Nigeria. Just as things are seriously wrong in Nigeria, that's how it is at that bank. I expect Folake Mumuney to write to seun to get him to delete this thread just as happened in the case of Diamond when a serious allegation came up concerning Uzoma Dozie. @seun, why do you give in to censorship?

10 Likes

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by daddytime(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2019
Craziestgirl:

Read it!
God forbid, it may be your turn next time!

I did read it from beginning to the end. I felt for the young man.

The poor amongst us are the dupes and always at the mercies of the rich.

God will vindicate and fight his cause..

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 14, 2019
This type of case where a miscarriage of justice is apparent is the kind of case I handle pro-bono. The only language that these numbskulls would understand is a civil suit that would take them for everything that they own. How cruel and inhumane can we as a society be? Then when a victim, in this case, Mr. Omeli, takes drastic action against these perpetrators of evil against him, people would blame him without knowing the story. We need to be very careful about how we treat each other because all it takes is to cross the right person and then your world would start tumbling down. Enough said!

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by fountainJay: 5:39pm On May 14, 2019
Doesn't the dispatch guy have any evidence of call recording of text message in the whole process, at least a single proof of same persons sending him the message
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 14, 2019
fountainJay:
Doesn't the dispatch guy have any evidence of call recording of text message in the whole process, at least a single proof of same persons sending him the message
maybe all instructions given to him were through phone calls and he didn’t sense foul play to have recorded the phone calls.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Femeto: 5:44pm On May 14, 2019
This is Nigeria.
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by olawonder(m): 5:51pm On May 14, 2019
grin
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by olawonder(m): 5:52pm On May 14, 2019
Nigerian ‘journalists’ with their stupid grammars undecided they just can’t write in simple English, even the English ppl find reading Nigerian papers often amusing to read.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by dingbang(m): 5:54pm On May 14, 2019
The only thing i observed in this story is that the police are so so daft!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by sowilli: 6:01pm On May 14, 2019
These are a few issues block chain will help solve. No need for Third parties like banks to meddle in funds transfers. No need for bank transfer forms. The two businessses will simply verify information and automate on a block chain app. The days of banks are limited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Eberex(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2019
daddytime:
The story longgggg

Laziness. Common take your time and read

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 6:10pm On May 14, 2019
Was there actually a fraud Or just an attempt or even nothing? I see not prosecution besides blame game, bothering and maltreating of a helpless staff.
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by tysontim(m): 6:11pm On May 14, 2019
First Bank is a very useless bank
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by bixton(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2019
The money never left the bank. It's an anticipated fraud.
If he has a good lawyer he should sue the manager of the bank , the branch he's working and the entire first bank as a company and write a petition to CBN.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by bixton(m): 6:20pm On May 14, 2019
jaxxy:
Was there actually a fraud Or just an attempt or even nothing? I see not prosecution besides blame game, bothering and maltreating of a helpless staff.

It's an anticipated fraud.
Something of such has happened about 20 years ago and alot of persons were sacked for it.
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by shakyum: 6:22pm On May 14, 2019
Summary please undecided undecided
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Dami12345: 6:24pm On May 14, 2019
Onlinealaba:
I took keen interest wen i saw the accused is my native man..Ezeagu (mmowu chine) ..i wish i could help but this matter big pass my level i pray justice prevails and the perpetrators brought to book.

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

Blessings on you. For this. Am glad you were willing.
We need more people like you.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Dami12345: 6:24pm On May 14, 2019
Onlinealaba:
I took keen interest wen i saw the accused is my native man..Ezeagu (mmowu chine) ..i wish i could help but this matter big pass my level i pray justice prevails and the perpetrators brought to book.

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option
Blessings on you. For this. Am glad you were willing.
We need more people like you.
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 6:28pm On May 14, 2019
paul1991:
a country were banks transfer money through dispatch Ridders this a real Sit hole country.

check my signature

Are you having issues in passing the following exams IELTS,TOEFL,GRE, SAT GMAT, or you have your points but you don't know what next. As an education consulting firm we are going to help you secure your points. With 100% assistance contact us today.
Nations Wide
����������
+234 70 645135 o1

Funny, is this how you understand the long story? grin
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 6:29pm On May 14, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry

It's a long story but Las Las, everyone will go home smiling. One thing I know is.... every problem has a solution

Yeah, even death is a solution to a problem.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 14, 2019
visijo:
Just one week in a Relationship u are already calling him/her pillar of my life
Won't you allow the cement to dry?

Which kind cement doesn't dry before one week?

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Jskill(m): 6:33pm On May 14, 2019
Amin
GeniusHawlah:
Ki Olorun ma je ki a je'ya aimodi.

Anyway, check my signature.
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by dyangprof(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2019
ArcSEMPECJ:
Just looking at the story got my head kicking......

Pls who can summarize the essay in three sentences

An innocent dispatch Rider was use to perpetrate FRAUD.

The Dispatch Man was arrested, Detained, Tortured and arraigned because the high personality people involved influenced the Police with Bribe

The Victim eyes were cleared and met a legal practitioner who took up the case for justice and for God on the side of the Victim the matter was already in Social Media and with that it's quite certained that The Victim will definitely get justice

......Oga, oya score and rate me

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by otokx(m): 7:10pm On May 14, 2019
First Bank has a lot of explaining to do.
Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Advancedman(m): 7:12pm On May 14, 2019
My humble submission is this.
If FBN customers approach the bank for closure of million of account base on this as a protest.

This individuals mentioned in this fraud... If they are they are treated like leprosy by all and sundry maybe FBN will act accordingly.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by charles009(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2019
I am aware of this case abinitio. So glad this case is getting the attention it deserves. A dispatch guy used as a fall guy, detained, tortured, paraded,sacked. How can we all loose our sense of humanity. So glad it has come to the fur.

We must begin a nationwide protest against firstbank, how long will the poor suffer and the rich enjoy.
Please all and sundry should follow this case until mr omeli gets justice.

Justice for omeli, may the laws of God prevail.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by lorenzos1: 7:36pm On May 14, 2019
I don't understand this story. It does not make sense, the dispatch rider has limited access to internal information for him to be the primary suspect of such a crime na. Haba, who gave him the documents, who signed it ? who authorized the payment? To what accounts were the payments made ? Even if he was a party to the fraud, the dispatch cannot really be a big player in such a fraud Them just dey suffer the guy for no reason.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 14, 2019
udemzyudex:

Yeah, even death is a solution to a problem.
Lol. Yes bro grin. Like the rampant cases of suicide in our tertiary institutions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GTB Mobile Money Transfer - How Secure Is It? / Mike Adenuga: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Tonia Kandiero Collapses And Dies In Her Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.