Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1051788 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 5:14pm On May 19, 2019
Rence22:

Then how would she claim the job experience because she has to tender proof. I think she should probably try the other FST if I am correct rather than the skilled worker program. It's just my simple thought. I may be wrong but I think she should check it out on Canada's website.
its noc b. Maybe if she has invoices and and all. She can claim ref

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by successhungry: 5:30pm On May 19, 2019
spinner500:
I am a silent reader and worried about something.

I went for my medicals last week Wednesday but by BP was 140/80.

Please advise.
Your BP as at then was within the high normal range. Fear ye not;for now.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ladywinterfell: 5:43pm On May 19, 2019
ednut1:
its noc b. Maybe if she has invoices and and all. She can claim ref

Yes, I have so many invoices, proofs and all

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hipstar2: 5:44pm On May 19, 2019
omoluabiade:
I am with only one thinking of putting spouse as non accompanying since they are not ready to write IELTS and ECA? And if eventually they come around will change status to accompanying, submit necessary documents and pay up irrespective of the stage am in.

Any similar and successful case? Saw one on canadavisa

You are not alone. There are several cases such as yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mummychichi: 5:44pm On May 19, 2019
Topsmamen:
[s]To my dearest and wonderful e-fam, with great joy in my heart, I pick my golden pen from the basket of happiness to write you this announcement. Hope this meets you in good health? If so doxology.[/s] grin

Congrats topsmamen. May you prosper in your new country
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hipstar2: 5:50pm On May 19, 2019
omoluabiade:
A million thanks. That was the same I saw and dated jan 2019 I think. What if they write IELTS or ECA I would assume we can include it then too should add to the score.

Adding spouse post AOR... not so sure. Try to help your spouse do his/her ECA then continue your EE process as unaccompanied. Let him/her know post ITA that the ‘soup don almost don oh’. If he’s interested, quickly register for IELTS and pray that his score will just enough. If not, pls go ahead. He’ll come around... I pray.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hipstar2: 5:52pm On May 19, 2019
Topsmamen:

Lol. hipstar don vex grin. People might have deep and personal questions or situations they don’t want everyone else to know.

Lol. What does post PPR feel like? Are you still working? Do you resume early? Ahh, I’m imagining my work-life post PPR. Chei!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by odogwudozilla: 5:58pm On May 19, 2019
Find below the link to the PDF version of the top posts in Part 7. I have made modifications that make it much more readable. I am posting it for the sake of newbies or anyone who may want to see it all in one document. You may find it useful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_t0FmDflFJZazavPkmuRSj_hSJOy61UK (Don't worry, it's on Google drive. I am not selling anything)

I could not get to upload it here because of file-size restrictions.

As this particular thread progresses, I will run the same script.

Daalu nu.

PS: If you find a post useful, "like" it. That's the only way I can generate better results for now.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 6:05pm On May 19, 2019
Page 1 will answer all your general questions. Read the page carefully to avoid taking the wrong steps and wasting money.

Start from the section THE BASIC PROCESS https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386475

biggboy:
Good evening guys. I got here from Google after my search.

Someone at Canada asked me to make enquiries about British Council Express entry to Canada.

Currently, I have ND from moshood abiola polytechnic.

He said the exam is about 75k and requirement for entry is international passport.

Please I need information and advise to go about British Council express entry to Canada.

Regards,
Oluwafemi.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dabson2020: 6:07pm On May 19, 2019
Thank you @Topsmamen. Interestingly, those were my job descriptions and I already have a reference letter from the organization.

Congrats on your PPR. It is really uplifting.
Topsmamen:

Hi. I see some of your duties are listed word-for-word from NOC 6235. Please post your actual JD instead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 6:10pm On May 19, 2019
odogwudozilla:
Find below the link to the PDF version of the top posts in Part 7. I have made modifications that make it much more readable. I am posting it for the sake of newbies or anyone who may want to see it all in one document. You may find it useful.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_t0FmDflFJZazavPkmuRSj_hSJOy61UK (Don't worry, it's on Google drive. I am not selling anything)

I could not get to upload it here because of file-size restrictions.

As this particular thread progresses, I will run the same script.

Daalu nu.

PS: If you find a post useful, "like" it. That's the only way I can generate better results for now.

Hey you! I know you. You are the topsmamen of German visa thread. Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:33pm On May 19, 2019
You don't have to work in the field you studied in. Please calculate your CRS score as you might need another certificate or TEF to boost your score.
You are on the right path, just simulate your score and come back here with an update.

Ladywinterfell:
Hello House. I’ve been reading the thread from part 1 but I haven’t read/seen an answer to my own ‘situation’
I understand B.sc certificate has some points, but does it make any sense if I haven’t used the certificate for a single day

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 6:33pm On May 19, 2019
First. Do not worry. Worrying will worsen your BP. Calm down. Breath in, then out, then say, "God's got me, CIC got nothing on me, my PPR is on its way."

The threshold for BP for CIC is usually 140/90 (from Canadavisa). So yours is not so high above the threshold, perhaps that is why further tests are not recommended yet. (This is an intelligent guess, I am not a medic)

If CIC reviews the result and feel you should go for more tests (IF), they will notify you. People have been notified, done tests, got MEP and PPR. To reassure you, high BP is not contagious and I have never come across any rejection case strictly on the basis of high BP.

My advice would be to calm down, breathe, take your drugs, do what you can to reduce it and worry less about what you have no control over.

Read these links:
https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/465

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/blood-pressure-of-140-90-will-it-be-a-problem.515687/

https://www.quora.com/Is-140-80-an-abnormal-blood-pressure

spinner500:

I went for my medicals last week Wednesday but by BP was 140/80. I told the doctor that I was hypertensive and then requested to know the medication I am presently taking. However, I was not requested to do a Serum Creatinine test or an ECG and that is the basis of my worry. I did a little research and discovered that majority of candidates with high BPs were asked to do serum cratenine tests.

Please advise.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by boladet: 6:35pm On May 19, 2019
hello fellow nairalanders, i just removed my spouse from accompanying to non accompanying , since he has not done wes and his ielts score was not good,however this did not improve my score , it still remains at 405 i was told it will increase my score or should i still hold on, maybe the increase is not immediate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DrMrsCK: 6:37pm On May 19, 2019
spinner500:

I went for my medicals last week Wednesday but by BP was 140/80. I told the doctor that I was hypertensive and then requested to know the medication I am presently taking. However, I was not requested to do a Serum Creatinine test or an ECG and that is the basis of my worry. I did a little research and discovered that majority of candidates with high BPs were asked to do serum cratenine tests.

Please advise.

Relax. My reading was higher than yours and I still got MEP when I was supposed to. Fear not.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:38pm On May 19, 2019
Yes you stand a chance. I think you know you do. What is your CRS score?
Evaluate your MSC with WES.
Register and write IELTS as the evaluation goes on
Your wife may or may not have to write IELTS and do her ECA. This all depends on your score.
Good luck!

Most importantly, I'd like to age backwards like you. Please teach me your ways. grin

konja44:
I am thinking of the FSWP

Kindly advise.

I am 34, will be 30 next year.
I have a M.Sc. in Belgium
I have some experience in teaching ESL in Thailand
Restaurant jobs experience in Belgium.
IELTS score: still to write
Married, 1 dota.

My present eligibility was ok( David Cohen, also the eligibility check at the CIC website). Considering this.

Please do i stand a chance to migrate to Canada via the FSWP stream?

I am open to a wide range of suggestion.

Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 6:38pm On May 19, 2019
Lol. That is when the real work starts, a different life-just-got-crazy-packing-browsing-hustling-for-my-next-job-house-province kind of work. And no, I haven't got PPR, my waiting hasn't even started, but I know grin na why dem no dey send us for here again grin
hipstar2:

Lol. What does post PPR feel like? Are you still working? Do you resume early? Ahh, I’m imagining my work-life post PPR. Chei!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jadief: 6:41pm On May 19, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
yinkeys:

ICES and WES can't evaluate uniport graduate results. Someone stated its been the case since 2011. @otoks please what's the best way one can channel this to management. It is only this school in Nigeria that they're having issues wrt evaluating results. This is obviously a management issue.

This is not entirely true as my spouse's degree from uniport was evaluated last October. I believe this is a very recent development.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 6:43pm On May 19, 2019
Lmao. i didn't even see that age part grin grin grin Benjamin Button tinz, I grow old but never age grin

Stencil:
Yes you stand a chance. I think you know you do. What is your CRS score?
Evaluate your MSC with WES.
Register and write IELTS as the evaluation goes on
Your wife may or may not have to write IELTS and do her ECA. This all depends on your score.
Good luck!

Most importantly, I'd like to age backwards like you. Please teach me your ways. grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:44pm On May 19, 2019
You're right! NOC B. You are good to go on that front!

Ladywinterfell:
Saw it under Atrisans and craft person

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:49pm On May 19, 2019
Lady W. You are good to go. So many people have got PPR being Entrepreneurs. Your case isn't any different. What is your CRS score?
Ladywinterfell:

Yes, I have so many invoices, proofs and all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:49pm On May 19, 2019
grin grin grin First thing that caught my eye!
I'd probably stay "Forever 21" grin grin grin

ladymarshall:
Lmao. i didn't even see that age part grin grin grin Benjamin Button tinz, I grow old but never age grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 6:51pm On May 19, 2019
I'm PPR story hungry and I'm sure I'm not the only one starving. Almost 10 pages gone and no story. Wrap up your scripts and share your stories with us, dear fellow Canadian hopefuls grin

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by OYASALOF(f): 6:57pm On May 19, 2019
Haha, you're not the only one o. My script is "overready" sef. Started writing since February 27 cheesy
Crossed 6months yesterday, ghost update 4 days back. I'm trusting God for this week. It will end in praise

ladymarshall:
I'm PPR story hungry and I'm sure I'm not the only one starving. Almost 10 pages gone and no story. Wrap up your scripts and share your stories with us, dear fellow Canadian hopefuls grin

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by temmyo: 7:07pm On May 19, 2019
This is coming a bit late but still... Ladies and gentlemen, it's PPR!!!

MY EXPRESS ENTRY JOURNEY

My first close contact with relocation to Canada was in 2016 when my sister left with her family. She had started the process as far back as 2014 when it was paper based. She studied the entire process and eventually got the PR.

Prior to this my siblings had tried to convince me in 2012/2013 to go for my LLM in Canada. I initially refused but later applied to several schools but never got admission. In 2015 after a friend of my husband told me what schools to apply to and how to package my application, I got an admission offer into Osgoode Hall Law school, York University. I didn’t go eventually because funds were low at the time and I really wasn’t too keen on leaving my beloved Nigeria.

By 2017, my husband caught the bug and teamed up with my siblings to convince me to relocate. I grudgingly agreed. In my mind “na una go tire cos I won’t lift a finger to do anything”.

It was agreed that I would be the PA since the odds were more in my favour. Wrote ielts June 24, 2017. Was able to reschedule my speaking from June 17 to June 18 as it was clashing with a prior engagement. Scores - LWRS 9 7.5 9 8. Honestly had no idea there were certain points I should be aiming for. I just studied for a few weeks and wrote the exam in all innocence. Thankfully, that one time was enough.

Started the process for IQAS September 4, 2017 and received their AOR October 10, 2017 but the infamous NASU strike started and it got stuck. Me I kuku didn’t care, was just laughing at everyone else lamenting about the situation �.

My school was finally able to send my transcript in March 2018 and IQAS acknowledged receipt May 1, 2018. The report was out May 23, 2018. My husband evaluated his degree with WES, wrote IELTS September 2017 and was excited when he saw his result of mostly sixes��‍♀️. Anyways, we move!

We entered the pool June 6, 2018 with a CRS of 460 and got ITA June 13, 2018 just before they stopped the 3 months to submit thingy and also just as they introduced Biometrics. Medicals was at Children’s Practice July 23, 2018. The whole process was annoyingly slow. It’s amazing how much crap we take in this country because we have little or no option. Thankfully I took the day off from work.

Early 2018, my brother relocated with his family too. It was only me left in Nigeria but I was determined to rock all the owambes and eat all my Nigerian food for a long time to come. �

Went to Alagbon one morning at 8am and met with Inspector Funke for my PCC. Was done in 30mins and paid ₦3,000. My current employer was used to the process so getting ref letter was a breeze. For my previous employer, I simply mailed him the reference letter format which he adopted. POF delayed submission as it took a while to put together. Eventually my husband transferred it to my account and I put it in a Short Term Scheme with an Asset Management Company for 6months. To show proof of funds, we submitted my account statement, the Investment Letter and an LOE, stating that my husband sent me the money. We submitted September 5 and got AOR the next day but dated Sept 5.

Meanwhile my bestfriend, who started the process after I did, got her PPR and left around May 2018. Early 2019 I asked her about the experience so far. She broke the whole thing down to me in no way anyone had ever spoken to me before that I realised I had been foolish all along.

We got BIL September 29, 2018 and on October 16, 2019 we went to VFS without my husband’s Passport as he had submitted it at another embassy shortly before then. So all we took were coloured copies of his bio data page and we had no problem. We made sure to get there early and were done in about an hour. Our profile was updated the same day.

By October 12, 2019 I got the “How to find a job in Canada” letter and thought that my file was in LVO. Before my status bar hit 6 months I raised a CSE January 23, 2019 to find out my VO and bam! response on January 28, 2019- Accra. I was devastated. Decided to go off Nairaland and just chill till PPR shows up. This was difficult to achieve because by this time I had somewhat become the guru amongst some of my colleagues who knew I had applied and were also at various stages of their own application. So every now and then they would come to me, discuss this issue or that, and ask about my own application. I would then be forced to check my profile and be hit by no change or movement at all.

Eventually I joined a WhatsApp group which turned to my new solace. I could finally track timelines similar to mine.

We requested for GCMS notes on March 8, 2019 and got it April 12, 2019. For some reason my present job was marked “rejected” and till today I wonder why. (I seriously suspect it was a NOC issue) Only my previous job of 1 year 5 months experience was accepted. Every other thing in the notes looked okay. I worried about this a little to be honest especially when people were getting rejected because of NOC mismatch. However I was a bit convinced nothing would go wrong since the last few pages of the notes did not raise any red flag neither did my CRS drop below the cutoff at the time of our draw (after work experience was reduced from 3 years to 1).
Let me point out here that my Husband has previous Visa refusals from Canada and the UK, and between us both we have a very extensive travel history.

March 9, 2019 the AVO group was abuzz. Apparently several people had gotten the famous 5 ADR and everyone was celebrating this activity from AVO � I on the other hand was dreading it. I didn’t need any additional stress of document gathering. Alas, I got the mail too and submitted the requested docs 2 weeks later via only the placeholders in my profile. I submitted my 6 months salary account statement and highlighted salary paid within that period from my current employer only. Submitted one year payslip from my current employer and my investment letter showing my POF had been rolled over. For the Schedule A forms, my husband and I were the “Applicants” in our respective forms.

Then another wait. I mailed Ralph on March 29, 2019 and was told on April 1, 2019 that I had passed criminality but Eligibility and Security were yet to be initiated. Thankfully in April, by which time we were 7 months, AVO started issuing PPR like say Trudeau send them serious warning � However it failed to reach me.

On Monday I was speaking with a friend and I told him my PPR will come the next day. By Tuesday evening I decided to send a carefully worded, passionate but firm email to Accra. Wednesday at 4.08pm I got a mail from cic. I initially thought it was a response to my mail only to see that it was a prompt to check my account. My heart was beating so fast. Checked my account and saw additional docs required in the ADR column and my heart sunk. What do these people want again?! Until I saw the Request Letter in my messages and opened it to see that lovely golden Eagle. Finally, it has ended in praise!

ITA- June 13, 2018
AOR- September 5, 2018
BIL- September 29, 2018
IP2- since I can remember
ADR- March 9, 2019
Ghost Update- April 17, 2019
PPR- May 15, 2019

Many thanks to all who answered the questions I asked here. I appreciate you all for the wealth of info on this thread. It was indeed a great source for me in the early days.

Cheers!

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 7:22pm On May 19, 2019
temmyo:
This is coming a bit late but still... Ladies and gentlemen, it's PPR!!!
any red flag neither did my CRS drop below the cutoff at the time of our draw (after work experience was reduced from 3 years to 1).

Cheers!

Congratulations to you and yours! Some people love this country sha.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 7:24pm On May 19, 2019
Seems you know French so you can consider writing TEF for additional points
ChopNCleanMouth:
Is it too late to say congrats again?

Been off here a minute.

Kindly advise.

I am 29, will be 30 next year.
I have a B.Sc.
I have almost 5 years of experience
IELTS score: 9,8,7.5 7
Single.

My present score is 438. considering it's low.

What programme can I start and conclude before the year runs out to improve the odds?

Cheers and merci beaucoup.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 7:29pm On May 19, 2019
konja44:
I am thinking of the FSWP

Kindly advise.

I am 34, will be 30 next year.
I have a M.Sc. in Belgium
I have some experience in teaching ESL in Thailand
Restaurant jobs experience in Belgium.
IELTS score: still to write
Married, 1 dota.

My present eligibility was ok( David Cohen, also the eligibility check at the CIC website). Considering this.

Please do i stand a chance to migrate to Canada via the FSWP stream?

Thanks

Wow! shocked

Guys, here you have it, the secret we've all been looking for. Finally, we can all age backwards and get better scores!

Yes, you stand a chance brother. Just read page 1 and you'll see how easy it is. wink

If you can age backwards, this journey shouldn't be a problem for you at all! grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 7:33pm On May 19, 2019
etrange:

Wow! shocked

Guys, here you have it, the secret we've all been looking for. Finally, we can all age backwards and get better scores!

Yes, you stand a chance brother. Just read page 1 and you'll see how easy it is. wink

If you can age backwards, this journey shouldn't be a problem for you at all! grin

Lolz...I think he meant "spouse will be 30". He omitted the word spouse IMO.

You guys are hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 7:37pm On May 19, 2019
Please NOC/ Work experience gurus should help with answers:

She's creating an Express Entry profile. Here's the question: For the *OCCUPATION SECTION* of my profile, please I'd need some help as to what I should include. My background is in Petroleum Engineering (Sept 2009 - April 2014). During youth service, I was posted to a secondary school to teach (August 2014 - July 2015). After which I started a job as a Network Engineer with a Telecommunication Company (Jan 2016 - March 2017), this is more like an industry change based on what I understand from the immigration website. Now that I have a master's degree in Oil and Gas and would like to continue in this industry (i.e. on my Canada profile), what do you advise that I fill in the place of experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 7:45pm On May 19, 2019
hipstar2:

ladymarshall:
Lol. That is when the real work starts, a different life-just-got-crazy-packing-browsing-hustling-for-my-next-job-house-province kind of work. And no, I haven't got PPR, my waiting hasn't even started, but I know grin na why dem no dey send us for here again grin

Lol. I saw a missed call from my bro-in-law a few days ago, I called him back and explained that i was in a meeting and he was like, “ah bro. Meeting? You’re still attending meetings? Is there still anything for you to contribute at work?” grin. Work life remains the same so they don’t renege on my contract and withhold my end-of-service benefits o. Lol.

Lmao! Ladymarshall, who no send who?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.