Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1048886 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
On a second thought, can you email Ralph or Hussein while waiting for Accra to reach out to you?

Perhaps they can provide clearer specifics on your file

cc @pejuhazel
Noctis:
I just received my gcms notes and it raises more questions than it answers.

Eligibility says recommend interview, info sharing is complete, medicals is passed, security and criminality are not started.

Visa office is Accra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pejuhazel(f): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
ladymarshall:
On a second thought, can you email Ralph or Hussein while waiting for Accra to reach out to you?

Perhaps they can provide clearer specifics on your file

cc @pejuhazel
Already mailed them, Ralph didn't tell us anything new and still waiting on a response from Hussen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by luckygirl02(f): 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
Vwne:
I have been following the thread for a while now and I wrote IELTS GT (MOD IDP) for the first time on July 6, 2019. Thankfully, the result came out as LRWS 9, 9, 7.

I can share the materials I used if you request.
Pls send the materials to bukkykalit@gmail.com
Big thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nicerazor(m): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
Thanks �
ItsBeenGODAlwys:

Why do you want to do Verification by courier?

There is a number on the transcript school page you can call between 10 and 3pm to confirm if they got any mail from WES, and they'll respond once they've confirmed within 3 days except things have changed now.

Please call them directly for follow up. I didn't have any link but was always calling the number.

Best of God
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jolak5(m): 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
Vwne:
I have been following the thread for a while now and I wrote IELTS GT (MOD IDP) for the first time on July 6, 2019. Thankfully, the result came out as LRWS 9, 9, 7.5, 8.5

I would like to share some tips on the listening part. I understand it may not work for some but I think it helped me.

I used Cambridge books to prepare and increased the speed of audio playback (on exam day, the audio felt slower and I had more time to focus). It was difficult initially but I soon got used to listening to the audio, following the questions, and taking notes at the same time.

Before the narrator starts, I skim through the questions, underline key words and think of synonyms while predicting possible answers (or the format the answers could take). Sometimes, there are 'false start' answers; where the narrator corrects the answer while narrating (kindly pay attention).

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/ielts-exam-library#general-training is good for practice. Their listening test audio is faster than the usual Cambridge audio.

IELTS Liz, English Emma and E2 Language channels on YouTube are fantastic resources as well.

Please kindly forward the material to me kayodej4@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
If you're receiving the final reminder, it means they're yet to get your documents, so send these documents (in bold) again via direct email and a CSE to their office, noting that you have uploaded these docs already in your account last week, add a screenshot of the attachment and time stamp.

In your new LOE, explain why you decided to move your funds to FD and why you decided to exclude your pension funds. In other words, why are the documents you submitted in February quite different from what you're re-submitting now? Explain that. Also the movement of the funds has eroded the VO's ability to trace the source of the funds, so explain where you got your POF from. Re-attach the deed of sale of landed property that covers half of your POF, and the personal savings accounts (from which the other half of your POF came from). The VO wants to be sure of the POF source and that the money is not borrowed.

Your POF story looks complicated, simplify it for the VO to make his/her job easy for your application. So at the beginning of your LOE, create a table divided into two parts. The part would be titled "Documents proving POF", list the docs in the table, the second part would be "Documents showing source of POF", list the docs as well. Your LOE should be the first document in your attachment. Your LOE should have a statement like these "The funds are liquid, freely available to me and I can withdraw it out at any time."

Just out of curiosity, can you access your FD funds at any time? I know FDs have time liens on them during which you can't access the funds. I hope the FD won't complicate your application because at this critical stage of your application, the VO wants to be sure you have unfettered access to your money. If the FD allows you to break it before maturity, include this in your LOE so the VO can be convinced.

All the best.

Maggiechi:
Good Morning my people. Please I need your guide.

I received ADR last week to provide additional document for proof of funds due to a clause in the treasury bills letter submitted with my application in February that the principal can erode... Luckily, the treasury bills matured two days after receiving the ADR, so I moved it to Fixed deposit and attached the time deposit investment letter from the bank, statement of account to show when the treasury bills matured and is re-invested in time deposit and an explanation letter detailing the conversion rate (although this time, I excluded the pension funds initially added to buffer my proof of funds because the face value of the matured treasury bills is sufficient for my family of 3). I submitted the additional document on MY CIC account last week.

This morning, I received another request from CIC giving me a final reminder to provide additional document in relation to my declaration of having the required fund and to provide a written statement detailing the source of funds.

Please note that during my application, I attached a deed of sale of landed property owned by my spouse but that is just about half of the total POF and I noted that source of other funds was from our personal savings- this was in February.

Please guide me on what to provide in response to the final reminder sent to me this morning and details to include in my letter of application.

Thank You.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Sashafiercediva: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
pejuhazel:

Already mailed them, Ralph didn't tell us anything new and still waiting on a response from Hussen
im post AOR and i need to reach ralph, can someone please give me the contact email?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bamingo: 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Good evening all,

So i finally got to invest in treasury bills today. But i'd like to share how i went about it so the house could advice me. My POF was complete in my GTBank account. I had wanted to invest in mutual funds, i started the process on tuesday and was asked to pay the sum into the stanbic mutual funds account, which i did. i was told to expect my e account number within 48hours. However, to my big surprise, i got a refund of the money after 24hours, them saying the proces has changed. I'll only transsfer the money after they've opened the mutual funds account. Ahhhhh. anyway, thank you for returning my hard earned POF. Una company no go burn.

So, with the money back in my GT, and i had wanted using Tbills via GT but for the clause i've been hearing about GT including in their TBills certificate which causes issues with VO, i decided to go through my other bank, UBA. I then transferred the sum to my UBA, and got my TBills investment today. Quite immediately.

So, in submitting my POF docs, i intend to do the followings:

1. Statement of account from Gtbank, showing gift deed, and transfer to my UBA
2. Reference letter from my Gtbank
3. Letter of non indebtedness from GTbank
4. Tbills certificate from UBA.
5. Proove of transfer for Gift deed and GTb-UBA transfer (for Tbills investment)
6. Payslips from my employer.
7. Notarized gift deed.

house, elders, abeg how una see am/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
goodale@sasktel.net

ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca

Either is fine
Sashafiercediva:

im post AOR and i need to reach ralph, can someone please give me the contact email?

2 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Wehinmi: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Pls kindly share joneswehinmi@gmail.com
Vwne:
I have been following the thread for a while now and I wrote IELTS GT (MOD IDP) for the first time on July 6, 2019. Thankfully, the result came out as LRWS 9, 9, 7.5, 8.5

I would like to share some tips on the listening part. I understand it may not work for some but I think it helped me.

I used Cambridge books to prepare and increased the speed of audio playback (on exam day, the audio felt slower and I had more time to focus). It was difficult initially but I soon got used to listening to the audio, following the questions, and taking notes at the same time.

Before the narrator starts, I skim through the questions, underline key words and think of synonyms while predicting possible answers (or the format the answers could take). Sometimes, there are 'false start' answers; where the narrator corrects the answer while narrating (kindly pay attention).

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/ielts-exam-library#general-training is good for practice. Their listening test audio is faster than the usual Cambridge audio.

IELTS Liz, English Emma and E2 Language channels on YouTube are fantastic resources as well.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pejuhazel(f): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sashafiercediva:

goodale@sasktel.net
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2019
bamingo:
Good evening all,

So i finally got to invest in treasury bills today. But i'd like to share how i went about it so the house could advice me. My POF was complete in my GTBank account. I had wanted to invest in mutual funds, i started the process on tuesday and was asked to pay the sum into the stanbic mutual funds account, which i did. i was told to expect my e account number within 48hours. However, to my big surprise, i got a refund of the money after 24hours, them saying the proces has changed. I'll only transsfer the money after they've opened the mutual funds account. Ahhhhh. anyway, thank you for returning my hard earned POF. Una company no go burn.

So, with the money back in my GT, and i had wanted using Tbills via GT but for the clause i've been hearing about GT including in their TBills certificate which causes issues with VO, i decided to go through my other bank, UBA. I then transferred the sum to my UBA, and got my TBills investment today. Quite immediately.

5. Proove of transfer for Gift deed and GTb-UBA transfer (for Tbills investment)
7. Notarized gift deed.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vwne: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Smara:

Hi dear, please how do I go about this?
I want to apply for practical nursing program in Canada, tho I have a degree but it’s in a totally different field

Is it doable and Where do I start from
Thank you.

Something is wrong with chodee749@gmail.com address. Email is bouncing back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
You are good to go. But you need an LOE to explain that POF movement from GTB to Stanbic and then back to GTB and why you did that. To clear any suscipicion in the mind of the VO. You could just add two to three lines explanation from this your post on why Stanbic IBTC did not work and you had to choose another bank

If you feel you don’t need to explain, it’s fine. I’m just trying to play the devil’s advocate with the VO’s mind to clear any doubts. That was a bulk POF movement within three banks within one week, might raise questions.

All the best

Addition: Payslips from your employer should be in your work experience docs, not pof, except your salary is a source of your POF
bamingo:
Good evening all,

7. Notarized gift deed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lynda27: 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Awwww love you too kiss
And don't worry, it won't be long from now

You can also pay prophet offering to Adun.ne and let her declare over your application grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lynda27: 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
gbemlad:
Hello everyone, I have been a coded silent reader. But I am coming out of my silent mode. It's been 181 days since I submitted my application. I saw Jennypharb1 and titilola's post yesterday and that triggered me to comment. It hasn't been an easy ride at all, the days I wake up in the middle of the night and remember my NOC and job designation doesn't match well, the day I see people from recent aor sharing PPR stories, the days I have dreams of request letter sent to my mail. Infact I dread checking my profile because it has always been on submitted shortly after medicals was passed. Hmmm, I am ranting abi, my sincere apologies. I would like to commend the selfless people on this thread, this gives me hope that Nigeria can still be better. I love ifeoma77, the day she got her PPR, I silently danced and was elated as if it was mine. LadyMarshall, ure doing a great job, would like to meet this two angels when I get to canny. Please permit me to pm you titilola and Jennypharb1. And I would like to be added to December aor WhatsApp group. Happy Canada day people.

I had the same fear (NOC not matching with job designation) and while i was scrolling through this plattfom, i read a post where the person with this issue has sent an updated reference letter. I immediately contacted HR and explained the situation then i got an updated reference where the NOC now matches with my job description and sent it immediately via webform. (Though still waiting to get an acknowledgement from IRCC because today is 6 days post submission)

I think you can explore this option because it is better to be on the safe side than to be sorry. All the best.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lynda27: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
pejuhazel:

Please can you share their email addresses? (Ralph and Hussen)

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by lightedpath(f): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
samspella:
Thanks bro, I only saw phone number there no form nor email address.

if you click 'contact us' you will be directed to fill some boxes. Your responses are sent as a mail to WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ziyech(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
realone2012:
Hello guyz..

Please I just completed my ACCA and I have enquired with WES on how to add it to my credentials. They sent a mail yesterday on how to go about using their contact form. But one of the things to fill there is Years of Attendance, and I dont know how many years to put as I started last year and finished this year - I got exempted from F1 to F9.
Please how many years should I put there as Years of Attendance?

Wow, u got exemptions from F1-F9... what qualification do you possess that granted you the exemptions bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
Congrats on your PPR.

All the best in Canada

capsule:
My Short story.

I am very happy to be a part of this great e-family, with the level of selflessness exhibited here in one way or the other, I am amazed.
I am more of a promoted silent reader grin ;.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
ladymarshall:
Congrats on your PPR.

Thank you for your succinct script. You score 7/10

All the best in Canada

Hi,

For someone whose Job title does not match but some definitions do. What do I do about that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations

It finally ended in praise

All the best in Canada

opella:
It's COPR
My Timeline.

IELTS - July 20, 2018 - L8.R8.5 S8.5 W7.0
Spouse - L6.R7.5.S7.W6.5
ECA - December 12, 2019
EE Cut off Draw - 442
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Your job description is what matters, not the title. Post it here and people can confirm the right NOC for you
SonsOfLiverpool:
Hi,

For someone whose Job title does not match but some definitions do. What do I do about that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pejuhazel(f): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
Lynda27:

Please can you share their email addresses? (Ralph and Hussen)

Thank you
Ralph: goodale@sasktel.net
ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca
Hussen: ahmed.hussen@parl.gc.ca

6 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
Please who has actually written cima certificate exam i wish to ask few questions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
@bold you would be taking a huge risk. Claiming full time work experience in your country of residence when your student visa does not allow you to do so is clearly breaking the immigration law of your country of residence. No sane VO won't give you PR when you are clearly telling him that you're overstepping your visa working allowances. Google Jobandeep Sandhu and see what he got himself into. Canada takes this very seriously, how much more during close scrutiny of a PR applicant. I don't know your country of residence, in mine, you can't claim 40 or 30 hours of work as a student (even their citizens have to choose between claiming student status or full time work status due to its implications on taxes and student benefits). You don't need a deep background check to know that, all the VO needs to do is to google the immigration laws of your study visa as it relates to how many hours you can work, and voila! you'll be caught! If your country of residence is an Arab or African country maybe the VO might not detect, if your VO is not in that continent. If it's in Europe, don't try it, their info-sharing is too centralised. If you like to dare and still apply, just keep your mind open for a 50% chance of rejection (and a possible ban, it's a civil offence).

hayohorje:
Good evening, please I need your contribution on a particular issue. Does a full time work experience acquired while on a study permit in a country counts for express entry purpose .kindly bear in mind that my Post graduate program is part time. I know that part time work experience acquired as a student counts as I saw that on CIC page.does it really matter that I don't have a work permit to work full time in the country whilst I know that I don't need a work permit to work per time.
I can get my department to write a letter stating that my program is part time and even support with timetable to show that my classes does not affect the work am doing.kindly advise as I only have 2 years work experience before traveling to start this program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by stepheola(f): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Vwne:

please send to deola293@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mmanwanyi: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
If the clause you are talking about is that type that GTB guys put in their FD letter. Please my urgent advice to you is head to the Bank immediately tomorrow, liquidate that FD, print your 6 months statement of account and submit. That clause they put in makes it look like your FD or Tbills is encumbered. Ppl in CIC will not take chances. The best proof for you is to liquidate the funds, leave it in your account bulk that way and print your statement of account. Someone had this kind of issue last year and was denied cos she didn't liquidate the funds and kept attaching the FD letter with that terrible clause.
Maggiechi:
Good Morning my people. Please I need your guide.

I received ADR last week to provide additional document for proof of funds due to a clause in the treasury bills letter submitted with my application in February that the principal can erode... Luckily, the treasury bills matured two days after receiving the ADR, so I moved it to Fixed deposit and attached the time deposit investment letter from the bank, statement of account to show when the treasury bills matured and is re-invested in time deposit and an explanation letter detailing the conversion rate (although this time, I excluded the pension funds initially added to buffer my proof of funds because the face value of the matured treasury bills is sufficient for my family of 3). I submitted the additional document on MY CIC account last week.

This morning, I received another request from CIC giving me a final reminder to provide additional document in relation to my declaration of having the required fund and to provide a written statement detailing the source of funds.

Please note that during my application, I attached a deed of sale of landed property owned by my spouse but that is just about half of the total POF and I noted that source of other funds was from our personal savings- this was in February.

Please guide me on what to provide in response to the final reminder sent to me this morning and details to include in my letter of application.

Thank You.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DrDhe: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Please house, do we international passport for medicals?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pomaj: 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Please kindly share email: claudiajames69@yahoo.com

Vwne:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Smara(f): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
Vwne:

Something is wrong with chodee749@gmail.com address. Email is bouncing back.

Oh! Sorry
gold24k10@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
I remember that story, don't have the time to dig out the monika, but the person did not evaluate the baker certificate through SINP. The person used the Baker Noc for EE through self-employed route

ans123:
Someone here got PPR through Saskatchewan PNP using baker certificate from Nigeria . I remeber everyone congratulating her as the first .I have forgotten her moniker. Search the thread and see how she did it

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.