Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052137 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ybahrbz91: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
rhemagrace:

It depends on your needs. Wes is the fastest but requires secondary verification and WAEC. ICES now takes 20 weeks and for now, they don't require secondary verification or WAEC. IQAS seems to be the go-to body for lawyers as the degree is evaluated as a professional degree and equivalent to masters. CES has also been endorsed by certain Nairalanders as well. Do a search query on google/bing for more information. Good luck.

Thank you Rhema.

Sorry, what does secondary verification means?
What if am using NECO?

Thanks once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2019
ybahrbz91:

Sorry, I mean evaluating bodies such as; WES, ICES, IQAS, ICAS. I know it is going to take some time but which would you encourage one to go for.

Thank you.
Well, I haven't used any before but I have gotten a handful of information about them.
It seems WES is the most popular amongst others as many people have used them. The caveat about WES is the issue of evaluating WAEC if you are evaluating your highest degree. Many people have complained about how long it takes WAEC to send results to WES.

ICES and others do not need WAEC results in order to evaluate your highest degree. Although they charge per any certificate you want to evaluate. In addition, they all take time say plus or minus 15weeks.

Let the gurus do justice to this as I have said everything I know about these bodies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by obym321: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
Please, can we inform WES of a change of name at anytime?

Note: when the status is 'we are reviewing your evaluation report and it will be completed by August1st?

name on certificate is 'A B', while I just received a new passport with name as 'A B C', C being my husband's name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ybahrbz91: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Well, I haven't used any before but I have gotten a handful of information about them.
It seems WES is the most popular amongst others as many people have used them. The caveat about WES is the issue of evaluating WAEC if you are evaluating your highest degree. Many people have complained about how long it takes WAEC to send results to WES.

ICES and others do not need WAEC results in order to evaluate your highest degree. Although they charge per any certificate you want to evaluate. In addition, they all take time say plus or minus 15weeks.

Let the gurus do justice to this as I have said everything I know about these bodies.

Gracias Magnifico!

I am a rookie here and I appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rhemagrace(f): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
ybahrbz91:

Thank you Rhema.

Sorry, what does secondary verification means?
What if am using NECO?

Thanks once again.

It means WES will send your documents back to your institution to confirm that it is authentic. They won't proceed with the evaluation till your institution responds. Yes, you can use Neco, GCE or WAEC. By the way, your grades don't matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Influential101: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
sayveetwice:
Good morning house. Thanks for all you do. Please this is very urgent.

We recently got ITA and our medicals is soon (3weeks time). Yesterday we found out wifey is pregnant. Please will this affect our medical result? Will they still do the medicals for us? Will this delay our application in any way? Please I need advice please. Especially about people that have gone through the same process or been in the same situation. Thanks.
Congrats on your baby.. Qlife will not complete her medicals until she's in her 2nd trimester... for the good of the baby..

I don't know about IOM....you can call to confirm.. all the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by romeorailss: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
Pls guys am I supposed to have the proof of fund before I submit my application and enter the Express Entry pool?

Or after have been invited to Apply I can then quickly go get the cash n fix in my account ?

cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
romeorailss:
Pls guys am I supposed to have the proof of fund before I submit my application and enter the Express Entry pool?

Or after have been invited to Apply I can then quickly go get the cash n fix in my account ?

cry
After you’ve been invited
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
ednut1:
6666 gives 12 points in ielts.
Are y’all sure 6666 for the English test can go through? Then why do people write many times?
I am getting confused.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nomad26: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
His statement is for the accompanying spouse, not the primary applicant.
SonsOfLiverpool:
Are y’all sure 6666 for the English test can go through? Then why do people write many times?
I am getting confused.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by romeorailss: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
After you’ve been invited

Ok good . Tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
I am getting confused.
spouse ielts not primary applicant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:
I asked this question before but I haven't gotten a response. I have waec and neco although I have been using waec all through my admission and some other registrations.
I have heard how tough it is to get WAEC send the results to WES. So can I use my NECO?
What are the merits and processes of evaluating NECO over WAEC? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Senatornuella: 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
Pls share. My email is myellalove@yahoo.com

Vwne:
I have been following the thread for a while now and I wrote IELTS GT (MOD IDP) for the first time on July 6, 2019. Thankfully, the result came out as LRWS 9, 9, 7.5, 8.5

I would like to share some tips on the listening part. I understand it may not work for some but I think it helped me.

I used Cambridge books to prepare and increased the speed of audio playback (on exam day, the audio felt slower and I had more time to focus). It was difficult initially but I soon got used to listening to the audio, following the questions, and taking notes at the same time.

Before the narrator starts, I skim through the questions, underline key words and think of synonyms while predicting possible answers (or the format the answers could take). Sometimes, there are 'false start' answers; where the narrator corrects the answer while narrating (kindly pay attention).

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/ielts-exam-library#general-training is good for practice. Their listening test audio is faster than the usual Cambridge audio.

IELTS Liz, English Emma and E2 Language channels on YouTube are fantastic resources as well.

I can share the materials I used if you request.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
ednut1:
spouse ielts not primary applicant
Alright thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
A friend did this. Wasn't tough for him. He went to waec yaba. Asked for it to be sent to wes. Swore an affidavit opposite the office to aacertain it was his result . When waec prepared it, it was sent via a courier service. I didn't do this but this is what my friend did. He also sent a scratch card straight to WES. It took about 1 or 2 months to get to WES. WES report comes out in a month, maybe it may have changed due to a lot of traffic.

I'm sure you can find info on this from this thread. @Magnifico2000

[quote author=Magnifico2000 post=80685314][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
nomad26:
His statement is for the accompanying spouse, not the primary applicant.
Alright thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Philips49: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
STORY STORY ...
So one fine sister that had been trying to get band 8 since met a brother at the IELTS center last December. The brother shot his shot. To cut the long story shot, Bobo don get PPR and sister na the accompanying partner oooo. Lol smiley happy weekend.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Oluwolefola: 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
Oluwolefola:

Thanks to you and the rest of the family for the prompt response.

Two quick follow up questions

1. Can the online form be submitted post ITA without doing medical or medical has to be done before submission. I am trying to be realistic to know if I can indeed have the AOR as soon as ITA is received due to the IELTS that is about to expire in august and I am also worried that due to the delays with getting appointment for medicals it can impact the timeline for submission if it is required before I can submit the documents.

2. My daughter was born in the US and she is yet to have a Nigerian passport as we used ETC to bring her back to Nigeria at the time. Can we use her US passport for the PR process or we must get a Nigerian passport?

Can someone please advise on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Maggiechi: 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
ladymarshall:

All the best.

Thank You ladymarshall

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GoHost: 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Hello Canadian. My brother wants to send d lump sum of money to my account as POF but I feel it might raise queries from the VO. I have not done my IELTS yet but I'm looking forward to doing that. My question is do I tell him to send the money every month or send d lump sum and do a gift deed.

Hello. Two things here.

If he sends the lump sum to your account, he can prepare a deed of gift to cover same but if you decide to go with the other option and the money wouldn't have been in your account for six months when you apply, then you will only need to write an LOE to explain the source. (As the monthly payment would create the impression that it is some money earned or some entitlement).

Major point is, if the money would have been laying in your account for 6 months by the time you apply, a bank statement showing same will suffice as the proof of funds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Keluma: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
[tnx for your help, I appreciate you quote author=Shine1177 post=80682044]

To comment on some else's post. Click on QUOTE below that post. It will take you to where to type your reply.

Click behind [b][/b] on the last line of the quotation, then press Enter key to get to the next line, thereafter you can type in your comment and submit.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Remicynt(f): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Remicynt:
Good morning house, My husband has hepatitis B but he is going to be the secondary Applicant do u think this is going to affect us in anyway in medicals.
Someone should please Answer o biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canny19: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Philips49:
STORY STORY ...
So one fine sister that had been trying to get band 8 since met a brother at the IELTS center last December. The brother shot his shot. To cut the long story shot, Bobo don get PPR and sister na the accompanying partner oooo. Lol smiley happy weekend.

Pm me if you are a lady in this category too, we can work things out for mutual benefit

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bamingo: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hello Fam,

can i submit my E.E application on a saturday? will i get AOR today?

please advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
bamingo:
Hello Fam,

please advice.
Yes you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nomad26: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
Yep you can and you will after you've made your payment.
bamingo:
Hello Fam,

please advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
I know of a very close family friend who got ppr and both he and his wife have hepatitis b. Your husband should check his viral load. Once the virus is inactive his doctor can prepare a report for him. I will advise he avoids oily food before going for the test, so as to reduce the viral load. Once liver is fine then he is good to go.
I also have hepatitis B, and have gotten all required information.

Remicynt:

Someone should please Answer o biko

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
Canny19:

Pm me if you are a lady in this category too, we can work things out for mutual benefit
In as much as I won’t blame we Nigerians for being desperate, things like this na him make the thing dey hard us here. You guys should keep things like this offline.
Nawao

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Remicynt(f): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
Blesso222:
I know of a very close family friend who got ppr and both he and his wife have hepatitis b. Your husband should check his viral load. Once the virus is inactive his doctor can prepare a report for him. I will advise he avoids oily food before going for the test, so as to reduce the viral load. Once liver is fine then he is good to go.
I also have hepatitis B, and have gotten all required information.

Whaoh.. he did the test recently and the doctor said the viral load is low compared to other cases. Thanks for the reply

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Remicynt(f): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hello House pls this is what I am seeing on my WES. I don't understand all this update o. I have sent my transcripts and my certificates I have tracked it in their page and it has been delivered. I am only seeing this update

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Perra: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
I dont know much about WES evaluation. ... Hubby finished with a 3rd class, will it still fly? Can he use a 3rd class BSC result?

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.