Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052215 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Gozychuks(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Congrats. Pls share materials with me. Gozychuks@gmail.com
Vwne:
I have been following the thread for a while now and I wrote IELTS GT (MOD IDP) for the first time on July 6, 2019. Thankfully, the result came out as LRWS 9, 9, 7.5, 8.5

I would like to share some tips on the listening part. I understand it may not work for some but I think it helped me.

I used Cambridge books to prepare and increased the speed of audio playback (on exam day, the audio felt slower and I had more time to focus). It was difficult initially but I soon got used to listening to the audio, following the questions, and taking notes at the same time.

Before the narrator starts, I skim through the questions, underline key words and think of synonyms while predicting possible answers (or the format the answers could take). Sometimes, there are 'false start' answers; where the narrator corrects the answer while narrating (kindly pay attention).

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/ielts-exam-library#general-training is good for practice. Their listening test audio is faster than the usual Cambridge audio.

IELTS Liz, English Emma and E2 Language channels on YouTube are fantastic resources as well.

I can share the materials I used if you request.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
I asked this question before but I haven't gotten a response. I have waec and neco although I have been using waec all through my admission and some other registrations.
I have heard how tough it is to get WAEC send the results to WES. So can I use my NECO?
What are the merits and processes of evaluating NECO over WAEC? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Hello Canadian. My brother wants to send d lump sum of money to my account as POF but I feel it might raise queries from the VO. I have not done my IELTS yet but I'm looking forward to doing that. My question is do I tell him to send the money every month or send d lump sum and do a gift deed.
u are very funny. What does a gift deed mean

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
ednut1:
u are very funny. What does a gift deed mean
I have hard many people talk about gift deed here. So that is why I'm asking.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I have hard many people talk about gift deed here. So that is why I'm asking.
its on page 1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ybahrbz91: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
Good day house! Which of the credentialing service would you advise me to go for? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
ednut1:
its on page 1
I didn't understand it.. I can tell u I have gone through it in page 1 but I didn't get it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
ybahrbz91:
Good day house!
Which of the credentialing service would you advise me to go for?
Thanks
What kind of English is this one? You mean Evaluating bodies?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by terrymason(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
KevweD:

Thank You.

Just to be sure about the Certification in IT, if I register for it would I be able to use it as two certificates to boost my score? I heard about it recently.

I made a call to one of the BCS representatives in the U.K, She said registration closes on the 31st which is next week Wednesday...

yes it can be used as 2 Certificate....
I will opt in for the one of December....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by terrymason(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

hahahahahah.... canada must obey oh.... cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I didn't understand it.. I can tell u I have gone through it in page 1 but I didn't get it

as copied from page 1.
How does a gift deed work?
A friend, family member, etc, sends a bulk amount into your account before you obtain your statement of account. Then you have to draft some sort of "explanation" attributable to this person which effectively assures the VO that the money has been gifted to you for valid reasons.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kaylov12: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
IELTS 27th GT candidates, how was it?. Some vampire kinda question

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sayveetwice: 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
Good day Maam. I heard they'll put the whole application in hold. Since medcals cant be passed. X rat wont be done if pregnant. Please can you refer me to someone that has gone through this? I want to know what they did. Thanks
Mummychichi:

Being pregnant doesn't stop you from doing medicals
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shine1177: 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
Keluma:

, pls can someone teach me how to comment directly under a post? I mean how to reply a particular post. Thank you, family

To comment on some else's post. Click on QUOTE below that post. It will take you to where to type your reply.

Click behind [/quote] on the last line of the quotation, then press Enter key to get to the next line, thereafter you can type in your comment and submit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
Not true. You should call the hospitals to confirm if in doubt. They'll give her a coat/cover to protect the baby during the xray.

Alternatively, search "xray" here in Nairaland and read.

sayveetwice:
Good day Maam. I heard they'll put the whole application in hold. Since medcals cant be passed. X rat wont be done if pregnant. Please can you refer me to someone that has gone through this? I want to know what they did. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nomad26: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
I would advise you to proceed with caution, not everyone here has pure intentions. This person that is asking for females only registered 2 days ago and has just 7 posts on nairaland. He/She has also not stated how they want to help you with IELTS. Please shine your eyes!
cc: @justwise, is there any way to confirm genuineness of this person? His moniker is Helpabr

olutoyiin:
please ooo i just did and im female biko

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canny19: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
Which is better for my accompanying spouse to do.. ECA or ielts, I already have my masters degree evaluated. I have 8.5,7.5,7,7 in ielts. I don't want my spouse to wait 20 weeks for ices evaluation also I'm not certain she will ace ielts. I'm 30 with 2 years work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
nomad26:
I would advise you to proceed with caution, not everyone here has pure intentions. This person that is asking for females only registered 2 days ago and has just 7 posts on nairaland. He/She has also not stated how they want to help you with IELTS. Please shine your eyes!
cc: @justwise, is there any way to confirm genuineness of this person? His moniker is Helpabr

No need confirm his genuineness he is a questionable character right from his first post here.

We need less people like him here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by barby008: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Canny19:
Which is better for my accompanying spouse to do.. ECA or ielts, I already have my masters degree evaluated. I have 8.5,7.5,7,7 in ielts. I don't want my spouse to wait 20 weeks for ices evaluation also I'm not certain she will ace ielts. I'm 30 with 2 years work experience.
Ielts is better. She doesnt have to ace it,let her just study and do her best. ECA is expensive,takes lots of time and has few points compared to Ielts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shinningstar201: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
Canny19:

Simulate your score on the CRS calculator to know the score each and/both will fetch you.

IELTS is faster though. If you are opting for IELTS due to higher score, the accompanying spouse can start ECA for job opportunities or citizenship later in canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ologunsunny: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
Who knows where I can study early childhood education diploma online? And it can be recognized by WES thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
Canny19:
6666 gives 12 points in ielts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by opella(f): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
sayveetwice:
Good morning Ma'am. Congrats on your COPR. Quick question. Did you mention NYSC in your personal history? And under what category did you out it Ma? Employed? Or government organisation? I'm also using the 4031. I'm originally planning to put my reference letter and show my bank alerts that's all. (Not including Dischatge Certificatebecause I cant find my posting letter) please advice. Thanks.
Category- Employment. I mentioned the name of the school I served. I didn't include my posting letter either, just my discharge certificate.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ybahrbz91: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Sorry, I mean evaluating bodies such as; WES, ICES, IQAS, ICAS. I know it is going to take some time but which would you encourage one to go for.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
Mayflowa:
Anyone know what number to call WES on. I need to remove my Bachelor credential from my evaluation since I have foreign master. I have filled out a form on their website but nothing from WES

It takes like 2 week so juts wait
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
ybahrbz91:

Sorry, I mean evaluating bodies such as; WES, ICES, IQAS, ICAS. I know it is going to take some time but which would you encourage one to go for.

Thank you.
what are you evaluating
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rhemagrace(f): 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
ybahrbz91:

Thank you.

It depends on your needs. Wes is the fastest but requires secondary verification and WAEC. ICES now takes 20 weeks and for now, they don't require secondary verification or WAEC. IQAS seems to be the go-to body for lawyers as the degree is evaluated as a professional degree and equivalent to masters. CES has also been endorsed by certain Nairalanders as well. Do a search query on google/bing for more information. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.