Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1055007 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 5:53pm On May 22, 2019
joo2018:
Will this complicate the PR application? I'm not sure. It seems a minor thing.
Can the initial error be corrected? You might need to go to a NPC office.
What steps can be taken to correct it? Refer to above.

Talk to this NPC- Surulere staff who handled our attestation.

Tayo - 07032
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 22, 2019
obym321:
Weldone everyone!

I have been a silent reader as I have the intention to apply for canada express entry.

I am aware I need to evaluate my qualification/s but I am not sure of the occupation to nominate.

Below are my qualifications;
MBA from federation university Australia
ACCA affiliate
Bsc from Oxford Brookes

I have more than 3 years working experience as an accountant overseas BUT I am not sure if nominating Accounting will be a good idea as my highest qualification is MBA which I Think its generic.

Are there people who have use MBA for the express entry process ?
Is there anyone that got his PR as an accountant as I will like to evaluate my qualifications this week.

Please, make una help una brother
this is not australia sir. No one cares about your course and occupation. Assess your mba only ( gives you the max point) get a reference letter from your work place. Write ielts aim for 8777 minimum. All is set. People with ond/ hnd are getting pr u dey talk masters chai. Only u hv masters and 2 or more degrees

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 6:03pm On May 22, 2019
Deleted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olajide21: 6:09pm On May 22, 2019
Rence22:
My fellow nairalanders. Without his help how will I survive with 3 beautiful kids alone in Canada. He is not even batting an eye concerning the benefits. He's a speedy driver, says cars are meant for speed how will such a person cope with Canadian traffic rules. These and some little others have just weakened me especially my children and the highest I can even leave them is a week. We are that close that they have never gone to bed without my hug and kisses. I dont have any family over there to help with. Good night.

Sorry to hear about this. In my opinion, the highlighted sentence above is the reason why he needs to move to Canada. He needs to live in an environment where he would not easily hurt himself. Speed driving isn't safe and a ticket or two in Canada would tame him.
imagine driving at 30Km/Hr in school zone! yes, you must slow down to 30km/hr max when around schools and play grounds. if you don't, the cops would be more than happy to ticket you and you also get demerit points! Been in Canada for 4 months and i have a traffic ticket in the bag already! (Not proud to say this though. It was a sad moment for me) No one would asked you to fall in line before you do. I hope he sees things afresh and realized the greater good. This is not to say Canada is a perfect place but Nigeria isn't too.
As for waiting for God to talk to him, good luck on that. God makes everything beautiful in His appointed time. If he wants it, let him start the process and pray for God's guidance and protection. If he doesn't want it, that would be a difficult one!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Arosam(m): 6:21pm On May 22, 2019
Some how am relieved, thanks!!
Will put in my very best.

Scandinavian02:

I scored 7 in speaking and I never for one day say I was practising speaking. In my opinion, I believe this is the cheapest module. It lasts between 11 and 14 minutes.
All I saw was just a discussion between I and a middle aged woman. Even when she offered me a pencil to jot down, I didn't have anything to write down as I kept talking until she stopped me.

Maybe, because my wife says I talk a lot and brands me a noisemaker all the time, so I decided to use it to my advantage.

Just put it at the back of your mind that you are going to have a conversation with a new friend.

I wish you the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rhemagrace(f): 6:22pm On May 22, 2019
I am grateful. I will do as you suggested.

joo2018:
Will this complicate the PR application? I'm not sure. It seems a minor thing.
Can the initial error be corrected? You might need to go to a NPC office.
What steps can be taken to correct it? Refer to above.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mosky47: 6:23pm On May 22, 2019
Friends of the forum, while eating eba this hot afternoon, COPR Letter and the stamped passports arrived to my house by courier.

Summarized Timeline

ITA: 25th July 2018
AOR: 11th September 2018
PPR: 23rd April 2019
COPR: 16th May 2019
Arrived today.

My PPR announcement and PPR story was in the previous thread, but I'll like to add a few things.

Because our application was processed in Accra, we were a little discouraged and didn't prepare for PPR. When PPR eventually came, it could be predicted so the excitement was numbed. Many people have their PPR requirements (including the height and eye color forms) filled and kept in an envelope, but we had to go and take passport photographs the next day at Studio 24, and then submitted via courier.

Now, if you don't live in close proximity to Lagos or Abuja, and you are not in a hurry to leave, using a courier service (DHL or UPS) is a very good option. So, we sent our Studio 24 passports (with address and stamp at the back), a consent form allowing UPS to transmit our passports back to us, and we paid for transmission of passports to and fro.

I'm posting this because I had to inbox many people about this, we weren't sure because no one we knew had done like us. I'm sure this will help someone. One of our kids is an American citizen, and although we didn't pay the passport transmission fee, we weren't sure if we should also pay for the courier fee back to us. We made a copy of the data page of the American passport and attached. Other people we knew went to VFS to pick up the passports and so didn't have this info. Even the people at UPS head office in my city had no idea; all they knew was to collect your documents and bring them back to you. Maybe we should have called vfs or emailed, but we decided to risk the extra 10k afterall we had spent over 1.5 million on this project (IELTS, ECA (X2), FBI PCC, NPF PCC, Medicals, eAPR fee, RPRF fee, Transport to Abuja for Biometrics (x2) and all the passport photographs), so wetin be 10k?. Better safe than sorry.

When it got to VFS (after 2 working days), we got a call saying they noticed we paid for courier for 4 passports, but they were seeing 3. I explained and the man said I shouldn't have paid for it and they can't refund. I said no wahala.

It left for Accra the next day. No anxious moments, I didn't even bother checking. On Thursday, 16th May, all the IP1 oh, IP2 oh.... everything changed to 'A final decision has been made'; meanwhile they were still 'reviewing if I met eligibility' when my passports had reached them....lol.
Finally, my profile changed to APPROVED.... what a feeling.
I got notified when it left Accra, when it reached VFS Lagos, and when it was given to the courier service. Eventually, it got to me while I was eating eba.

This is our story. God has been faithful to me and my family. Infact, he has been more than faithful. We have spent the last year or two facing one discouraging news or the other, but from April, we started getting good news, not just this PPR. He showed us that He had us in His mind all the while. Special thanks to my wife too, who made this happen.... in the other thread, I had shared about her anxiety. Now, she is so calm. She is a proud owner of a PPR, a COPR and a passport stamped with an Immigrant Visa.

Finally, thanks to all who have guided in one way or the other on this platform. Time to finally move other to the other thread. One love!!

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rhemagrace(f): 6:23pm On May 22, 2019
God bless you! Thanks a whole lot

quote author=Scandinavian02 post=78624103]

You can contact this staff that handled our attestation at NPC Surulere. He should be able to assist.

- Tayo[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 6:50pm On May 22, 2019
ednut1:
undecided charging 10k for consultation. When he have page 1. Smh

What exactly is he or she consulting? What is the #10k for? Only if heor she promises to get me COPR within a month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bunmioluwa: 7:01pm On May 22, 2019
Wow! I had to log in to congratulate you, after some weeks of reading as a guest. Big congratulations, thank God you did the EOR. I wish you speed in the rest of the process!! I'm really dancing for you. Your result is so beautiful.

My Oga @wasseynewest, thanks so much for your selfless service, testimonies of your good works keep coming! God bless you sir, enjoy Cannyland! !

ceyrahtlk:
THE STORY SO FAR

You see, after my first attempt, I came to this forum for assistance, and I joined Wasseynewest's writing group to familiarise myself with the essay structures, @bunmioluwa also introduced me to writeandimprove.com, a wonderful site for IELTS. Furthermore, I downloaded Grammarly app on my laptop, from the Microsoft store, and that made me realise some of my writing mistakes, and I worked on these by watching some youtube videos.

When I started practising with writeandimprove.com, my score was 6.5, but, before the test, I was consistently getting 8, sometimes 8.5, under examination conditions. So, that prompted me to ask for a remark when my results came out because I badly needed 3 extra points at least.

Fortunately, as God would have it, I got 6 points extra because I received my EOR report today.

L-9, R-9, W-7.5, S-8. Halleluyah somebody!

I guess what I am trying to say is that you should seek assistance when you need it because in this journey, being full of yourself isn't going to help you one bit, and secondly, even if you 'pass' the test, and you need extra points, consider asking for a remark first before rewriting the test. You might be surprised!

Thank you @wasseynewest @bunmioluwa and every other person that dropped one tip or the other when I needed it most.

I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 7:02pm On May 22, 2019
The international passport will suffice please. There is no need to complicate your application
Zara01:
Not at all, I assumed it will be relevant in showing age, no? The International Passport bio data page will suffice?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 7:07pm On May 22, 2019
Hello NL Fam, please make una helep me ooo. Im asking on behalf of a friend.

Some years ago, she did arranged marriage for us visa(though she has a divorce cert to ds effect). Unfortunately, she was denied. During d process, she applied for intl passport and included d guy's last name in her name bt still maintained her last name. She also increased her age because the guy was 10yrs older so as to meet him half way.
Now, she wants to start EE process but first she needs to renew her PP which is expiring next month.
Pls wat can she do to correct tins back to normal? I mean d name and age.

Pls help house
@Topsmamen @joo2018 @ladymarshall @stencil @raphrulz @ifeoma77.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 7:10pm On May 22, 2019
Congratulations.
mosky47:
Friends of the forum, while eating eba this hot afternoon, COPR Letter and the stamped passports arrived to my house by courier.

Summarized Timeline

ITA: 25th July 2018
AOR: 11th September 2018
PPR: 23rd April 2019
COPR: 16th May 2019
Arrived today.

My PPR announcement and PPR story was in the previous thread, but I'll h May, all the IP1 oh, IP2 oh.... everything changed to 'A final decision has been made'; meanwhile they were still 'reviewing if I met eligibility' when my passports had reached them....lol.
Finally, my profile changed to APPROVED.... what a feeling.
I got notified when it left Accra, when it reached VFS Lagos, and when it was given to the courier service. Eventually, it got to me while I was eating eba.

This is our story. God has been faithful to me and my family. Infact, he has been more than faithful. We have spent the last year or two facing one discouraging news or the other, but from April, we started getting good news, not just this PPR. He showed us that He had us in His mind all the while. Special thanks to my wife too, who made this happen.... in the other thread, I had shared about her anxiety. Now, she is so calm. She is a proud owner of a PPR, a COPR and a passport stamped with an Immigrant Visa.

Finally, thanks to all who have guided in one way or the other on this platform. Time to finally move other to the other thread. One love!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DadR: 7:13pm On May 22, 2019
I'm doing just fine my brother. I go follow share my testimony soon by God's grace. Igba ati akoko nbe lowo Oluwa!

Hakuna Matata!

Raconteur14:
Thanks to everyone that congratulated me and wished me well.

May we all have our own testimonies too.

Thanks @DadR. I surely remember the moniker from way back. How are you doing?

Like someone used to say here, it will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Headnotthetail: 7:18pm On May 22, 2019
onyexx:
Hello everyone,

Please has anyone here used a statement of account from premium pensions? The customer service lady I spoke to just said they cannot include any letter explaining that I have access to 25% of the funds 6 months after retirement. Will the statement alone suffice?

Which pension custodian is that? ARM gave a well detailed letter including the 25% access after 4 months of unemployment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ugomaxx: 7:40pm On May 22, 2019
Oh... My bad bro, in the final analysis, we all really wish her well.
ednut1:
but i did not refer to her husband specifically na. I have friends facing same too. Husband is not interested in going.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by newbie4c: 7:50pm On May 22, 2019
ladymarshall:
Apply for it to be safe. Some VOs can be strict and tough.

Thanks @ladymarshall. I do appreciate it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bunmioluwa: 7:58pm On May 22, 2019
Congratulations @teepee4Him, @akinlad, @Topsmamen and @WhizzyG on your PPR. May you all prosper in Cannyland.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ikpenmhosa: 8:03pm On May 22, 2019
Brownie1003:
Hello NL Fam, please make una helep me ooo. Im asking on behalf of a friend.

Some years ago, she did arranged marriage for us visa(though she has a divorce cert to ds effect). Unfortunately, she was denied. During d process, she applied for intl passport and included d guy's last name in her name bt still maintained her last name. She also increased her age because the guy was 10yrs older so as to meet him half way.
Now, she wants to start EE process but first she needs to renew her PP which is expiring next month.
Pls wat can she do to correct tins back to normal? I mean d name and age.

Pls help house
@Topsmamen @joo2018 @ladymarshall @stencil @raphrulz @ifeoma77.
Thanks.

She has to go to immigration office to apply for data change. Unfortunately, it can only be done in Abuja. I suggest you find an immigration officer to help you fast track the process, else it will take forever.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Itzchord: 9:04pm On May 22, 2019
None of them is replying PMs jor
Topsmamen:

There's one. You can reach out to @jennyvick01.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by shegzee43: 9:17pm On May 22, 2019
Arosam:
@shegzee43

Please add me on WhatsApp, let me learn from your experience on the speaking test. 0.8.0.6.6.5.4.8.0.7.0
Thanks in advance.

No wahala, but all in all, speaking is conventionally not a problem in ielts o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by teechedah: 9:26pm On May 22, 2019
Pls can you send me some of your material.my mail is topeoduba@gmail.com
ceyrahtlk:
THE STORY SO FAR

Hey guys!

It has been a long while since I visited this thread (or is it called trend?), and today, I felt I should share what has been going on at my end with the hope of encouraging someone.

So, when I started this journey November, I was so excited, and I felt passing IELTS and getting ITA was going to be a breeze until IELTS 'jammed me'.

My first attempt was January 19, and I was so sure of getting nothing less than 8 in writing, but, alas, I had L-9, R-8.5, W-6.5, S-7, and I didn't even stop there because I asked for EOR, but it came back unchanged.

However, I didn't give up, and I booked the next available date, April 9th, and the test was computer delivered, and yay! I passed!
L-9, R-9, W-7, S-7, but it did not end there, and in fact, that is where my story begins because I asked for EOR again. Actually, at this point, my score was 444, and I had been hoping to at least get 450.

You see, after my first attempt, I came to this forum for assistance, and I joined Wasseynewest's writing group to familiarise myself with the essay structures, @bunmioluwa also introduced me to writeandimprove.com, a wonderful site for IELTS. Furthermore, I downloaded Grammarly app on my laptop, from the Microsoft store, and that made me realise some of my writing mistakes, and I worked on these by watching some youtube videos.

When I started practising with writeandimprove.com, my score was 6.5, but, before the test, I was consistently getting 8, sometimes 8.5, under examination conditions. So, that prompted me to ask for a remark when my results came out because I badly needed 3 extra points at least.

Fortunately, as God would have it, I got 6 points extra because I received my EOR report today.

L-9, R-9, W-7.5, S-8. Halleluyah somebody!

I guess what I am trying to say is that you should seek assistance when you need it because in this journey, being full of yourself isn't going to help you one bit, and secondly, even if you 'pass' the test, and you need extra points, consider asking for a remark first before rewriting the test. You might be surprised!

Thank you @wasseynewest @bunmioluwa and every other person that dropped one tip or the other when I needed it most.

I wish you all the best.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chidoo1234: 9:44pm On May 22, 2019
please those who evaluated with WES, how many days those it take before your status will change? IMSU said they verified the stuff on friday and till now my status is still writing awaiting verification from institution. i dont just know what next to do

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 9:45pm On May 22, 2019
Hi,

Canadian application process is slightly different from Australia's.

You evaluate your degree on its own. You get a reference letter from your workplace listing your JD which should be similar to the NOC you are choosing.

Kindly read page 1 for all the information you need.

obym321:
Weldone everyone!

I have been a silent reader as I have the intention to apply for canada express entry.

I am aware I need to evaluate my qualification/s but I am not sure of the occupation to nominate.

Below are my qualifications;
MBA from federation university Australia
ACCA affiliate
Bsc from Oxford Brookes

I have more than 3 years working experience as an accountant overseas BUT I am not sure if nominating Accounting will be a good idea as my highest qualification is MBA which I Think its generic.

Are there people who have use MBA for the express entry process ?
Is there anyone that got his PR as an accountant as I will like to evaluate my qualifications this week.

Please, make una help una brother

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 9:54pm On May 22, 2019
@bolded is uncalled for. The tone is not right. There is nothing wrong in having as many Masters or more degrees as one desires if one can afford it. Let's be nice when giving responses. Besides his degrees are very impressive. I would do anything to go to Oxford, just for the name and networking.

Joromi12:
this is not australia sir. No one cares about your course and occupation. Assess your mba only ( gives you the max point) get a reference letter from your work place. Write ielts aim for 8777 minimum. All is set. People with ond/ hnd are getting pr u dey talk masters chai. Only u hv masters and 2 or more degrees

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Gozchi: 9:57pm On May 22, 2019
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by cutiep: 9:58pm On May 22, 2019
Ekeh2016:
Hi peeps,

Pls can someone help me with an affordable hotel close to IOM Ikeja.

Thanks

Try mayors and diplomats suites. Very nice hotel about 5min walk from IOM and the price is affordable. We paid N18k but that was because the N15k room were fully booked. If you book a room through Jumia one, you can get a room as low as N10k.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:00pm On May 22, 2019
grin grin grin grin

zohan101:
I throway salute to everyone in the house most especially the senior egbons grin grin. I think i have noticed a trend in the various timelines of our people that have gotten PPR. It appears timelines for married couples and large families are way faster than single applicants shocked shocked..All this people shoudnt make me regret my singlehood o grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 10:01pm On May 22, 2019
There is one available. Send me a pm

Gozchi:
Can someone start a May AOR WhatsApp group already? Or is there anyone available?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Edechlo: 10:10pm On May 22, 2019
I will tell my testimony soon in this part 8. My PR story will also come rolling in Jesus name

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.