Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050832 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:28am On Sep 21, 2019
ShoeShineGuy:
Aww.. What a way to announce this! Your are truly étrange and it felt so strange yesterday night when having you drift from the sister TEF thread into this only to drop an unusual but amusing enquiry reminiscent of newbies. Lol.. Moreso, Stencil came in to make light of the whole stuff followed by Johnny... So happy to hear this news. It's made a gloomy night and offered me hope..

You guys have been so wonderful. Most people are on here not saying much but indeed know you all and your worth and appreciate your efforts at giving back to these forums.

Congrats once more. We pray prosperity on all facets for you and yours in the new land. Btw, your TEF result is indeed enviable. I saw Mamaroon's earlier as well. You guys are such role models to upcoming lads like us. Please keep these up.

Hoping to read PPR gists from the rest of the gurus soon too.

Cheers et félicitations !

grin grin grin

I'm called etrange for a reason though not many know the meaning. Lol.

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Best of luck in your TEF preparation. Remember, l'etude de la langue française n'est pas seulement pour réussir à l'examen TEF. Ça va te servir aussi quand tu arrives au Canada puisque le pays est bilingue. I therefore beseech you to put in your best and we will be here to celebrate you at the end!

As for Mamaroon, that one is a force to reckon with!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:30am On Sep 21, 2019
CheesyTee:
Congratulations @etrange

Thanks dear!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2019
blissnenye:
Congratulations on your PPR. May Cannyland favor you.

Thanks!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:32am On Sep 21, 2019
nomad26:
Yayyy congratulations!! cheesy cheesy Please bring small chops, let us help you celebrate wink

No this one pass small chops o! Na big chops I go bring grin

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by livviee: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2019
Please who has a contact person for police report in Abuja?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2019
etrange:
People, gather! Everyone!

It's PPR announcement!

Happily ever after with Ifeoma77
Congrats to you and ifeoma grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2019
Debsify:
Congrats to you and ifeoma grin

Thanks! I'll extend your greetings to my Ifeoma grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2019
jovids:
Good morning everyone.

I am so grateful to God. I am finally done with IELTS.

1st attempt 17th August, 2019 - LRWS- 7.5, 9, 6.5, 6.5

When I saw the result, I was so angry and moody all through that day. However, the next day, I woke up, encouraged myself and decided to rewrite the test on the next available date (7th Sept), which was just one week away (Thank God I made the decision).
I realized I needed help, so I contacted @ johnnybravo to assist with my writing. He agreed and we had one week intensive coaching on writing, while i was also seriously practicing the other components as well. He also gave me tips on Listening.

2nd attempt 7th September, 2019- LRWS- 8.5, 9, 7.5, 7.5 (all maxed out)

MY ADVICE

Listening- Practice hard and listen attentively. Infact, listen like your life depends on it. Look out for your weak areas and focus on them till you conquer.

Reading-Practice, focus on your weak areas. try and get the 'tricks' behind answering correctly.

Writing- Please, please and please, if you are stuck on 6.5, look for someone to review your scripts. It will save you the money you will spend rewriting the test. I recommend @ johnnybravo1990, he is really thorough, detailed and also friendly.

Speaking-i made the mistake of trying to over-impress in my first test. My advise here is to keep it simple. Just talk as if you are with a friend. you dont need impress. Keep talking until you are told to stop.

I have learnt so much from this thread and I want to appreciate everybody.
Thank you @ cookeed (for taking out time to share your tips with me) @ johnnybravo (the intensive coaching really paid off) @ladymarshall @ jjohndoe83 and to everyone who keep contributing one way or the other to this thread.

All Glory to God!

Congratulations!
I'm so happy for you. I'm glad I was of a little help. Well done!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Transformium: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations Etrange!! cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2019
Transformium:
Congratulations Etrange!! cheesy

Thank you, oga transformer!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 10:30am On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations to Etrange and every recent PPR clinchers! We are joining you guys soonest

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mummychichi: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2019
etrange:

It's PPR announcement!

Muy name is etrange

Yayyyyyy finally!!!! So happy for you.

Go ye and prosper
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damolAyewoh: 10:43am On Sep 21, 2019
Hello my people. I stumbled on this thread just recently and I must say you guys are doing a fantastic job. I have a question: I intend adding my 2 siblings (13 and 18) as my dependent children, what and what do I need to provide? Do I need to adopt them legally?

Congrats to all the ITA and PPR recipients...It will end in praise for is all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2019
Félicitations Monsieur Strange. J'espère être bon aussi que toi
en français. Je travaille vers ça.

etrange:

grin grin grin
I'm called etrange for a reason though not many know the meaning. Lol.
Remember, le etude de la langue française n'est pas seulement pour réussir à l'examen TEF. Ça va te servir aussi quand tu arrives au Canada puisque le pays est bilingue.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Setf: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have an issue concerning the personal history section. I worked two jobs at a time, one full time and the other part time. I am claiming points for the full time work and I mentioned the part time work in my personal history which is clashing with the same time as my full time work. Will that be an issue?
Should I leave the part time out?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2019
There's nothing wrong in having multiple jobs. It won't be an issue.
Setf:
Hi Guys,
I have an issue concerning the personal history section. I worked two jobs at a time, one full time and the other part time. I am claiming points for the full time work and I mentioned the part time work in my personal history which is clashing with the same time as my full time work. Will that be an issue?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 11:39am On Sep 21, 2019
Mummychichi:

Yayyyyyy finally!!!! So happy for you.

Go ye and prosper

Thank you so much! If there's anything I've learned from this journey, it's that you can achieve anything you set your mind on.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TOKNOW: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2019
Good day great people. Pls am awaiting my MSC. result and transcript. Can I go ahead and send my WAEC to WES or should I wait until my transcript is ready?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Setf:
Hi Guys,

It's not necessary that you add the part time work. If it was at the exact same time and you're getting all your points from your main work. No need to add side hustle

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2019
TOKNOW:
Good day great people. Pls am awaiting my MSC. result and transcript. Can I go ahead and send my WAEC to WES or should I wait until my transcript is ready?
waec takes time so you can send it now. Or use ces for eca
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 21, 2019
damolAyewoh:
Hello my people. I stumbled on this thread just recently and I must say you guys are doing a fantastic job. I have a question: I intend adding my 2 siblings (13 and 18) as my dependent children, what and what do I need to provide? Do I need to adopt them legally?

Congrats to all the ITA and PPR recipients...It will end in praise for is all...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14. They don't qualify
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TOKNOW: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Tina26:
waec takes time so you can send it now. Or use ces for eca

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
chibabe25:
Please help look at my work experience that I intend to claim points for and tell if there’s an issue;
NYSC
November 2016 - Camp
1st PPA - January 2017 - April 17 2017
2nd PPA - April 24 2017 - October 27 2017
Full employment - January 2018 - December 18 2018
Changed department - December 19 2018 - September 2019

I also understand that it is better to state the FG allawee for NYSC. Should the employer state it together? For instance, I was paid 15k at my PPA. Should my employer state 24,800 monthly as my salary?

*P.S : All those experiences have different NOCs�
Can’t give a definite response to your enquiry but I will say your Nysc experience should start counting from your day in camp, so include November because you were paid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jovids: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
I appreciate you!
CooKeed:

Congratulations!
I'm so happy for you. I'm glad I was of a little help. Well done!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Setf: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thank you.

bankyh1905:
There's nothing wrong in having multiple jobs. It won't be an issue.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Setf: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thank you

Silversurfer1:

It's not necessary that you add the part time work. If it was at the exact same time and you're getting all your points from your main work. No need to add side hustle
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mummychichi:

Uncle venorite, reduce the quote biko
sorry ma, i don forget

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oh my gosh!
Congratulations!
May Canada favour you
etrange:

It's PPR announcement!

My name is etrange and I've gotten my PPR! Here is my timeline:

TEF: 27th October, 2018 (Result B2, B1, C1, C1)
IELTS: 1st December, 2018 (Result 8878)
WES: 7th January, 2019
ITA: 10th January, 2019
AOR: 5th March, 2019
MEP: 18th April, 2019
BIO: 26th April, 2019
PPR: 18th September, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damolAyewoh: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thanks for your response, I'll look this up now
Tina26:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14. They don't qualify
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damolAyewoh: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
@Oluphilip2008 please I need your help. How did you go about your Niece? Can I send you a PM please
damolAyewoh:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jovids: 1:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
Wow! Congrats!!
etrange:

It's PPR announcement!

My name is etrange and I've gotten my PPR! Here is my timeline:

TEF: 27th October, 2018 (Result B2, B1, C1, C1)
IELTS: 1st December, 2018 (Result 8878)
WES: 7th January, 2019
ITA: 10th January, 2019
AOR: 5th March, 2019
MEP: 18th April, 2019
BIO: 26th April, 2019
PPR: 18th September, 2019

Happily ever after with Ifeoma77

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.