Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052888 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 11:32pm On Sep 20, 2019
yemblaze:
@johnnybravo and @blissnenye...weldone guys. You are the real MVPs #huggs wink smiley
Thanks my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
Adeime:
Hello house, please join me in celebrating my little milestone
My IELTS result came back positive
LSRW-8.5,7.5,9,7
So in summary
Listening & Reading - https://ieltsonlinetests.com/collection
Speaking - Jay YouTube videos
Writing- Liz videos and Johnnybravo( but you must be available for your sessions to get good result)
Congrats. More good news await you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 11:37pm On Sep 20, 2019
etrange:

grin grin grin

Boss, how's the ministry moving nah?
Very fine chief. Congrats for your PPR. May this open way for us all still waiting. Do you know your visa office?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
I have not forgotten...I am waiting for you tongue grin

Nairaland should please upgrade these smileys....arghhhhhhh

iaatmguy:
this your dancers are boring, show some flesh! show some flesh! show some flesh! show some flesh! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ShoeShineGuy: 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Aww.. What a way to announce this! Your are truly étrange and it felt so strange yesterday night when having you drift from the sister TEF thread into this only to drop an unusual but amusing enquiry reminiscent of newbies. Lol.. Moreso, Stencil came in to make light of the whole stuff followed by Johnny... So happy to hear this news. It's made a gloomy night and offered me hope..

You guys have been so wonderful. Most people are on here not saying much but indeed know you all and your worth and appreciate your efforts at giving back to these forums.

Congrats once more. We pray prosperity on all facets for you and yours in the new land. Btw, your TEF result is indeed enviable. I saw Mamaroon's earlier as well. You guys are such role models to upcoming lads like us. Please keep these up.

Hoping to read PPR gists from the rest of the gurus soon too.

Cheers et félicitations !

etrange:
People, gather! Everyone!

It's PPR announcement!

My name is etrange and I've gotten my PPR! Here is my timeline:

TEF: 27th October, 2018 (Result B2, B1, C1, C1)
IELTS: 1st December, 2018 (Result 8878)
WES: 7th January, 2019
ITA: 10th January, 2019
AOR: 5th March, 2019
MEP: 18th April, 2019
BIO: 26th April, 2019
PPR: 18th September, 2019

I will be back with my PPR script. Meanwhile, I'd like to thank everyone, both the oldies and the newbies!

As for those doing one thing or the other to get ITA, please do not give up. Hang in there, the end goal is worth it. The feeling is indescribable. I woke up every one hour to check my mail again just to convince myself it was not a dream!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CheesyTee(f): 11:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
Congratulations @etrange

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by meaxzy: 11:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
[quote author=slydog post=82408470]It's time for my testimony, not PPR though,

Dec last year I got fed up with my job, the country, economy, Buhari and all. I've been following this thread but just didn't take it serious until December last year I just got fed up and like the lepers in the Bible, I asked myself "why seat here and do nothing"?

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by meaxzy: 11:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
damilare934@gmail.com
Alosezele:
Drop your email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
For anyone who's a member of an organisation, if you mentioned it, please what did you fill out in the boxes? I'm not sure what to type
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 21, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beabeasquare: 12:09am On Sep 21, 2019
If you are a member of an organization, you fill member

Silversurfer1:
For anyone who's a member of an organisation, if you mentioned it, please what did you fill out in the boxes? I'm not sure what to type
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Eraytee: 12:36am On Sep 21, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 12:43am On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=beabeasquare post=82420344]If you are a member of an organization, you fill

What do I type in those two boxes?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beabeasquare: 12:55am On Sep 21, 2019
You will type "member" in the first box and type the name of the organization in the second box.

[quote author=Silversurfer1 post=82420644][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 1:37am On Sep 21, 2019
beabeasquare:
You will type "member" in the first box and type the name of the organization in the second box.

Ah okay. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PLSHELEP: 2:54am On Sep 21, 2019
psquaree:
FINALLY FINALLY...I dont know how to scream or shout but all i can say is thank you Jesus.

Started August 2018 L8 R6 W6.5 S7.5
December/January 2019 L8 R7 W6 S7
April 2019 L7.5 R7.5 W6.5 S7.5
June L8 R8 W6 S7
Finally September 7th L8.5 R9 W7 S8.5

Writing has always been my problem...i cried so many times ...used different material..hardly had time to read because of work...kept getting either 6 or 6.5 and didnt know where my problem was, until my sister introduced me to @johnnybravo1990. he did thorough lessons with me and i did not care about the cost, all i wanted wa

Hmmm i am so filled with joy and i wish everyone success...thanks to johnnybravo1990 please everyone having issues with writing should contact him. once more, all glory to God i am finally done with IELTS.
writing is the humbler of men. Also wrote 5 times and got it on my own. Wish I checked online and nairaland after my first try. Problem was, I had written it before and passed but it expired, so I thought easy peasy, this should be easy. Well... writing did it’s thing. Congrats anyway.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ForeverU: 3:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Ecanes:

Have u been added? If not u can pm me.

Kindly can someone add me to the AOR September/October group
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Toshine2: 5:02am On Sep 21, 2019
Good day my people, my wife finally passed Ielts, thanks to all success stories posted here.

But IQAS is frustrating us, we registered and paid Feb 4 this year and we got all the documents sent to them before end of March. We have also sent them confirmation from school in June. We have not heard anything from them since then. The only mail we got from them was a mail we got in August, acknowledging our application and stating they are waiting for our documents. We have tracked all the documents sent and they have all being delivered to them.
We sent them an email but no response, please, who knows how to contact them, this is getting frustrating.
Please help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blissnenye: 6:47am On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations on your PPR. May Cannyland favor you.

etrange:

It's PPR announcement!

My name is etrange and I've gotten my PPR! Here is my timeline:

TEF: 27th October, 2018 (Result B2, B1, C1, C1)
IELTS: 1st December, 2018 (Result 8878)
WES: 7th January, 2019
ITA: 10th January, 2019
AOR: 5th March, 2019
MEP: 18th April, 2019
BIO: 26th April, 2019
PPR: 18th September, 2019

I will be back with my PPR script. Meanwhile, I'd like to thank everyone, both the oldies and the newbies! The thread frontliners, my Whatsapp group members, my TEF family (les quebecois cool), etc., y'all have been extremely helpful to be honest. One thing I believe is, provided your application is complete and sincere, time is the highest it can take! As for those doing one thing or the other to get ITA, please do not give up. Hang in there, the end goal is worth it. The feeling is indescribable. I woke up every one hour to check my mail again just to convince myself it was not a dream!

Happily ever after with Ifeoma77
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ogbeniDM: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2019
Please have they given you an expected completion date?
KaceeDcontrol:

I suggest you follow up through webmails and phone calls. But at the same time, you need to be patient. My last set of documents were received by WES on 26 and 27 August, yet the documents were just accepted last Friday, 13th September.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nomad26: 7:56am On Sep 21, 2019
Yayyy congratulations!! cheesy cheesy Please bring small chops, let us help you celebrate wink

etrange:

It's PPR announcement!

My name is etrange and I've gotten my PPR!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2019
Good morning, please I sent you a pm. Would like to ask a few questions as I may need to do the same thing you've done;Intern at an hospital(1year)Pharm director/superintendent (2years)thanks.
Iwinosified:
I apologize that this is a late PPR post. I have been somewhat overwhelmed by so much, but then I am reminded that the blessings of God maketh rich and addeth no sorrow. Also, this thread has been a blessing to me, this is my own small way of adding to the wealth of information here. So here goes my ppr gist.

Firstly, I would like to thank God almighty,the giver of all good gifts for this great opportunity He has granted my family at this time. Also, to this wonderful community of selfless individuals helping each other out, I say a big THANK YOU.God bless you.

Timeline:
2 Dec 2017- Ielts(BC) L7.5 R9 S7 W7.5
April 2018- Ielts Hubby
25 Sep 2018- ECA landed (PEBC)
1 Oct 2018- Entered pool, CRS,410(I was PA)
Dec 2018- Ielts (BC) L8 R8.5 S8 W7.5
20January 2019- Updated profile, CRS 470
23 jan- ITA
17 Feb- AOR
8 April- Biometrics/ medicals passed
12 April- Biometrics done at vfs Lagos
May- Applied for gcms
June- Raised CSE for updated passport/ Received gcms (only criminality passed, eligibility and security not started)
July - Raised CSE for updated pof
15 August- Applied for 2nd gcms
21 August- saw the ppr mail( Arrived 20th,10pm)
28 August- submitted at vfs Lagos

Ielts:
Writing templates on this platform proved very helpful. Just a little bit of mix using synonyms rather than repeating words can make a lot of difference. Practiced my strategy for writing both tasks in simulated exam situations using the sample ielts booklets.

ECA
This one was a journey on its own. After the Nasu strike we proceeded on Feb 2018, with all documents reaching Canada by April using PEBC as evaluating body for both hubby and I.
This was after much research, considering that this evaluation would cost us about 950k and hubby has msc clinical Rx and I, a pharmD.

Pharmacists in this house, points to note;
WES will not give you professional points for your BPharm. However, If you have msc pharmacy or a pharmD, wes will evaluate as a masters and hence you still get the same professional points.That said, if you intend to practice pharmacy in Canada, only PEBC can evaluate your degree, which is the first step towards licensure. If you're thinking of a career switch in Canada, and your NOC is NOT under community or hospital pharmacy, ie your noc may be Lecturer , then by all means use wes, of course with an msc. It saves you time and money and you still get masters/ professional point for your CRS.
Using a Nigerian address also cost us about 3weeks as documents was sent Aug via Canada post ,but somehow reached us Sep 25.(World Pharmacy day). I took this as a sign. Smile.

Work Reference:
1 year Internship at Government hospital.
2 years Self employment with job title as Superintendent Pharmacist in a community rx, owned by hubby and I.

I got reference letter from the Hod pharmacy in CIC format on hospital letterhead, signed and stamped with department stamp. I included pcn letter of experience, payslip of 4 months.
I got jittery after submission seeing some posts here, concerning using the hod and not mgt as I knew the bottleneck involved and still wouldn't get a CIC format reference from them. So after submission, I applied for the mgt refence letter. Once it arrived, I planned on raising a CSE to add it, I never did.

For the second job, I tried to see how I could remove the self employment and use nysc and some other experience I had, but those ones were not too straight eg redeployment during Nysc, cash payments( didn't know about cash certificate). So I stuck with self employment, being the most recent. The first task was actually deciding whether to choose self-employed or employee. CAC documents bear my maiden name as hubby and I registered the company when we were still fiance/fiancee. Also, hubby is chairman/ CEO on these documents ,albeit has another job.
On the other hand, I receive a small salary as superintendent and another income from being Co- owner. After much thoughts, we decided to go with self employment instead of having hubby write me a reference letter. Also, considering my name is mentioned in company registration documents it seemed the correct thing to do.
The next thought was documents to submit, I have to specially thank Moniker @ LadyAy. I don't know her nor did i contact her, but in the course of my research after I stumbled on nairaland, I came across her well detailed posts in thread 3 or 4. So everything I included in this placeholder was a prototype of hers with a few additions.
LOE explaining my situation, writing in detailed but concise sentences , including a little bit of the retail nature of the job.( just so they didn't expect large deposits from customers in bank statement).
Personal licence and pharmacy licence for the 2 years claimed. Personal income tax receipts for me and employee. Pharmacy revenue receipts. Insurance policy for 2 years. Two letters from customers and one from a lab I refer my clients to. Corporate bank reference showing hubby and I as signatories, date it was opened , amount. Letter of non- indebtedness, statement of last 6 months. Dated and current Invoices from company reps and our own receipts.(one was bearing the name of a customer that wrote reference), lastly was a picture of a haematinic and vit c syrup in our branded nylon.smile.

Change of Name:
This was the most challenging part for me. And the part I prayed the most about.
I will try to use examples that fit, so you all understand the challenge I single handedly put us in because I never thought there were issues with it as no employer ever raised one. Although I thought of a solution as an undergraduate, the paper work seemed much and I never went through with it. During the PEBC evaluation, I was requested to send additional documents. Probably, that added to the time spent on the evaluation.
My name- Esther Amarachi Nduka
Birth certificate- Esther Amachi Nduka
Waec- Nduka Amarachi Esther
Degree- Amara Esther Nduka
Started Job- Esther Amara Nduka
Got married,changed and reconciled names legally- Esther Amarachi Williams

What a mess. what did I do?
LOE explaining my situation, that its a tribal thing. it was left to me to produce sufficient documents that this was all me. I had them all. I mean, my parents still keep nursery one results. They taught me to keep papers. With so many dated documents to place in this placeholder, It had to be prudent and significant. Documents included;
Birth certificate, Waec certificate, university eligibility/clearance slip, newspaper publication , change of name, one and same person affidavit, faculty association certicate.
It helped that for some of these documents my DOB was present as well as a younger picture of me. A big thanks to the poster that put the one and same person sample on this thread. I got that sample from relentlessly searching this forum when we just started this journey. At that time,there was no page 1 link.
So new applicants, whatever your queries, good people have taken out time to link these things, which makes things a lot easier for you. Please use them and remember to still ask when in doubt.
So that was that there. I prayed and faithlessly hoped for an ADR in this regard as I still had a heap of documents to submit if asked.I was humbled by God's faithfulness.

POST AOR , I honestly hardly checked the profile. Twice during Biometrics, and once on each occasion before raising CSE and ordering gcms.
I am a natural worrier, so I had to keep myself sane. I prayed everyday for this application. When I was not busy with family duties or work, I reread americanah and half a yellow sun, watched TV series ; Killing eve, Jane the virgin, game of thrones, Wentworth, oitnb, the bold type, money heist. Call me chief downloader( will miss this there).
Kept me busy when I was not busy.smile

While we await our COPR, I cannot but thank God for His loving mercies while still keeping in mind that the task ahead is no walk in the park. God is taking us to our destination as we begin to prepare for our licensure. For regulated professionals, the work for us is real, but carry along your strategic plans, hardwork, tenacity, courage and believe, with your Trust in God. This is our resolution.We are so hopeful for the future in that beautiful country.

Friends, in whatever stage of this journey you are, I pray that your dreams come through, speedily. God bless us all.
Selah.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:10am On Sep 21, 2019
MumofTwins2017:
Yasssssss!!!! Congratulations etrange. So happy for you. Canada awaits your jolly personality..

Thanks! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2019
beabeasquare:
Congratulations. May you prosper in Canada!

Thanks!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2019
yemblaze:
Yipeeeee...congratulations. The eagle has finally landed

Awaiting your PPR gist. hahahaha

Lol... this particular eagle took it's time o. I actually had to hunt it down grin

Thanks dear!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:13am On Sep 21, 2019
Eraytee:
Wow massive congratulations to you grin go and prosper in your new home.

Yaaaas! Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2019
yemblaze:
I was already suspecting something here....lols grin

Hahaha... you know.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 8:18am On Sep 21, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Very fine chief. Congrats for your PPR. May this open way for us all still waiting. Do you know your visa office?

Thanks boss! I commend your contributions here, sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.