Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1055618 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bellexa22: 3:51pm On May 25, 2019
Ok great
It's just a week + vacation
Thank you
Fyorgyn:

No, you don't have to. I travelled quite a lot post AOR and didn't inform CIC. Many others have done same.

However, if you are moving to another country, you do have to inform them of your change in address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 3:52pm On May 25, 2019
Hope you have gotten past that stage.

You were on the right track, use GCKey.

ThePath:
Please help. I’m trying to create profile, but I’m not understanding. Am I on the right track?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 3:55pm On May 25, 2019
Congrats on:

IELTS: @Hb4real, @trendy09 and hubby

EOR: @bozz007

PPR: @ENG0701

COPR: @queenieB

For those of us still on the way, let's keep the faith.

@hardycross, @Edmontonlad, @Guccigucci, that' the spirit.

@Drahl all the best with the remark.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dannyko: 3:57pm On May 25, 2019
Avidreader748:

Did you see the earlier screenshot I attached?

The lady sent her documents in Feb, it got to Wes In march. It was received and acknowledged and was being reviewed.
Just yesterday, they sent her a mail that her result was rejected because it wasn't sent from waec. Feb to May is four months. Now she may start afresh.

Yes I assit people who are not in Lagos Or even in Lagos to process their
Transcript. I have a contact who is a senior staff at WAEC and I can say I am quite knowledgeable on this. She has always told me warn people doing that.

PS, the money Is going to WAEC and not any individual/agent as you stated.

I wish you all the best bro. We no dey drag anything OK. Sha let us know when the final evaluation is done.

Cheers.

Do what works for you! Oga I already have COPR! I should wish u the best either.

Oh I just checked your profile and found out you help people with their WAEC/NECO processing. So sorry if my post would disrupt your business;I just couldn't resist sharing that vital information. I have benefitted from this thread since part 2 and it's one of my little ways of giving back. No vex o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:59pm On May 25, 2019
grin, you just described me grin welcome to my world of speaking. I am a very eloquent speaker but I have been cursed with "you know" and "and so" grin So I understand very personally your struggle! But yet I am very fluent, so do not be worried.

Discourse markers or fillers as they are called are normal as they show you are not a robot or that you crammed a script. They are signs that your brain is actively processing the ideas as you speak. Not all of us have brains that are gifted in quickly processing our thoughts seconds before we utter the first word. Some chronic users of fillers are excellent speakers so do not be worried.

Popular advice is to be well-prepared to limit them. But preparation only makes sense for a rehearsed speech like a job interview or seminar presentation or meeting where you can predict the questions. How prepared can you be for ielts speaking questions which you don't even know beforehand? Even for rehearsed speeches, you can rarely eliminate them. I practiced for all kinds of questions for speaking, but never in my wildest imagination would I think I would be asked about global trade and business sustainability in part 3, it totally threw me off balance for the first few seconds grin

My advice is to be as natural as possible. In fact, forget you are saying those fillers and focus more on making your points and answering the questions. Do not try to eliminate them else you will be over-conscious of them,and in turn, you'll lose your thought process and confidence. Because I am plagued with chronic use of fillers, I tend to speak with a lot of personal stories and examples even for formal occasions. You know why? Because I have noticed that people love stories and very personal experiences because it activates Area 47 of the brain, they want to know what happened, they sympathize with the story, their brain is emotionally connecting it to something they can relate to, this distracts them a bit from language technicalities like fillers. During my speaking exam, I used so many personal examples, experiences and stories to answer the questions. That made me comfortable because it relaxed the mood quite a bit and didn't feel so formal to me so I didn't use those fillers much, except for part 3.

Also, confidence is important. When you confidently speak, people even hardly notice those fillers since confidence, they say, is attractive grin. It is also ok to let your listener know you know. For instance, when I was asked about business sustainability in part 3, I used those fillers so badly initially because I was seriously struggling with the concept and trying to connect with a relevant example, so I paused and told the examiner "Pardon my occasional use of fillers, but I hope you are getting my point. Stay with me, I got this", (and the examiner gave that very quick repeated nod, like yeah yeah, I know, I know, continue speaking) and I continued with the example grin Actually I crammed that apology phrase while practicing to include in my exams in case I lose control, and it was helpful as I got an 8 I didn't think I deserve grin.

I hope the above helps. All the best for you in exams, you will conquer it.

Arosam:
I noticed my speaking is full of "em" and "you know" , are these healthy for IELTS speaking test, if not, how do i eliminate those?

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 4:01pm On May 25, 2019
Dannyko:
Do what works for you! Oga I already have COPR! I should wish u the best either.

Lol... the exclamation marks though...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:08pm On May 25, 2019
Rooting for you dear. We Move!!!
AdetonaDami:
Hello everyone, part 8 is here already. I took a break at part 7 after seeing my ielts result that was very poor. Got motivated by seeing PPR stories here and all I know is that you can get it if you want to and believe.

WE GO AGAIN!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Harjeehbaday(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2019
Harjeehbaday:
Helllooooooooo Family, It is PeeePeeeRrrrrrr!

My summarized timeline.

ECA completed - May 2018
Entered the pool: August 2018
ITA: January 30, 2019
AOR: Feb 22, 2019
MEP: Apr 10, 2019
BIL: April 12, 2019
Biometrics completed: April 17, 2019
Application changed to IP2 on May 14, 2019
Raised CSE to know my VO: May 11, 2019
Response from CIC: May 16, 2019 - AVO
PPR : May 22, 2019

AOR - PPR - 89 days

I was initially worried when I knew my file was in Accra but when I started reading the testimonies, I summoned courage and prayed for a special birthday gift.
My PPR came 6 days after my birthday.
I really appreciate your efforts and support on this platform.
I pray for greater testimonies and we shall get our PPR soonest.

Pls don’t score me yet oooo! This one na Intro!

HURRAY……....IT’S PEEEEPEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!

I promised to give the full gist of our Cannyland journey and am back with the bang!
89 Days from AOR to PPR! No be my power ooo, Na JEHOVAH help me…

I thank God for this privilege and success. I also want to thank everyone here for the support received from when I came across this thread last year - PART 3. Here I am giving my testimony in Part 8….

Let’s get right to it!

TIMELINE
IELTS (4 Times) – British Council
May 2018 – LSRW – 9, 7.5, 6.5, 6.5
June 2018 : LSRW – 9, 7.5, 8.5, 7
Nov 2018 : LSRW – 8.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7 CRS – 430 (after remark CRS – 439)
Jan 2019 : LSRW – 8.5, 7.5, 8.5, 7.5 (CRS – 444)

Spouse IELTS (3 Times)
May 2018: LRWS – 6, 6, 6.5, 7.0
Sept 2018 : LRWS – 6.5, 6, 6.5, 7.0
Dec 2018: LRWS – 7, 7, 6.5, 8.0 (after remark)

ECA completed – 24th May 2018
Spouse ECA completed – Sept 21st 2018
Entered the pool: August 28th 2018
ITA: January 30, 2019 (Draw – 439)
Medicals: Feb 11th 2019
Family of 5
Visa Office: AVO
Passport Submission: May 23rd 2019

DECISION TO TRAVEL
I have always wanted to study abroad. I did a lot of research into Universities in US and UK after secondary school; I was receiving parcels of University prospectus almost every week but finally landed in a Nigerian University.
Fast forward to 2007, I got a good Job and went for study in the Uk for 6 months, I returned to Naija in June 2008 and the plans of relocating abroad vanished from my thoughts cos everything was going well. In fact I was always fighting and abusing those that wanted to relocate …little did I know that my turn was coming…….Lest I forget I eventually did an online Masters from Heriot-Watt in 2010 which later worked in my favour in my Canadian journey.
Fast forward again to 2013, when things started becoming worrisome in Nigeria; Boko Haram wahala, fuel scarcity, political instability etc…I decided it was time to have a Plan B for myself and my family. My 2nd and 3rd children (gals) were delivered in the United States in 2014 n 2016.That brought some hope that incase of any further wahala, I will japaa …..in short cut out FINNALY OUT of Niaja; but in all things I still had hope in Nigeria that things would improve.

Fast forward to 2017, I sat down one day and had a deep thought of myself and what the future holds for my family in Naija …. I was really worried; because everything seems hopeless!. While I was still thinking of the next step, my friend told me he was relocating his family to Canada; Yepaaaaa where have I been all this while?
When the guy counted the number of my colleagues that have japaa, my journey began………….

ECA
My ECA was a breeze as I evaluated my UK Masters with WES, that didn’t take much time. It was before the WAEC saga! My wife’s evaluation took long and finally come out in September 2018. The school sent her transcript twice to WES, the first transcript was opened before it got to WES…THANKS TO VILLAGE PEOPLE….

IELTS
IELTS – Humbler of men since 18th century…
My timeline says it all, I sat for IELTS four (4) times; no be say I no sabi English but I no know when happen! I wrote the CBT in Lagos in January on my fourth attempt to increase my CRS score from 439 to 444 since I missed the December draw of 439. I also missed the Jan 23rd draw od 443 because my 4th IELTS result did not come out early. My spouse wrote three (3) times.

ENTERING THE POOL
We finally entered the pool in August 2018 with CRS of 430 while awaiting wifey’s ECA outcome. By Sept 2018, wifey’s ECA was out and our CRS score moved to 439..

ITA
We had to wait for good 5 months before receiving ITA!
We narrowly missed the December ITA draw of 439; I still remember how I was excited when I saw the draws thinking I already had ITA but when I saw the Tie-breaking rule: February 6, 2018 at 19:31:37 UTC; my heart sunk. E pain me walahi…..but life must go on!
The next two draws in Jan was 449 and 443 and I was still hoping for ITA. I was at work that fateful Wednesday, January 30th 2019 when I saw 8 missed calls on my phone from wifey. I called back and she was screaming, there was a draw! I couldn’t believe it…I ran to my system and checked…Lo and behold, draw was 439 and tie-breaking rule; April 26 2018.
I pretended nothing was wrong with me, jejely enter the gents and screameddddddd! Na so I carry my bag dey go house. It was a day to remember, since then the CRS score has refused to come down oooooo…

Lest I forget, we got nomination for OINP on my daughter’s birthday on Jan 14th 2019 but we had to decline the application after we received ITA.

MEDICALS
WE travelled to Lagos and had our medicals at IOM Ikeja on Feb 11th; we got there before 7:00am and left around 11:00am. The doctor was nice and friendly with the kids and everything went smoothly. There was a slight error on the passport expiry date written in the e Medical Information Sheet, Luckily I spotted it and informed the records officer to correct it.

PCC
We left for Ikoyi immediately after the Medicals for our PCC and it was smooth. We paid 7k for myself and my spouse and spent less than 1 hour.

PASSPORT PHOTOS
Immediately we left Alagbon Ikoyi, we went to Studio 24 Awolowo road, Ikoyi for our passport photos. I got the soft copies for 1,500 per person.

REFERENCE LETTER

A colleague told me our company doesn’t give reference letter and I believed! Silly me!!!
I spent almost one week looking for alternative means of getting reference letter until I met another colleague that told me to call our HR….Imagine..
I called and got my letter in 2 days….
Always ask questions when you are in doubt!

PROOF OF FUND

We used 100% money mutual funds from stanbic gift with a letter from Stanbic stating we could withdraw the funds at any time etc….. I also attached my statement of account with some money in the account as evidence of POF for family of 5.

AOR
I spent the whole night of Thursday, Feb 21st 2019 to review our documentations and save them accordingly. I eventually filled the form and submitted our application on Friday, Feb 22nd 2019.

MEP & BIL
I joined the Feb AOR, Jan AOR and other Indian whatsapp groups just to get updates on the EE applications. Those Indian people can worry…sharperly I deleted their groups to avoid heart attack…

April 10th, I got an update in my profile and it was Medical Passed. 2 days later, we got our BIL. We travelled again to Lagos for our biometrics (only wifey and I) this time……Lagos & Abuja people no understand wetin people like us dey go through…

VO
Wifey was always disturbing me about our VO, after several pressure…I raised CSE to request for our VO…Lo and Behold the response came after 5 days….ACCRA!

My people I couldn’t sleep well again ooo….Accra of all places, was thinking OTTAWA!!
I requested to join the Accra group on whatsapp and was seeing testimonies of people that received PPR. I joined my faith and prayed for the best.

GHOST UPDATES
I received about 2 ghost updates after the biometrics, IP1 in April and IP2 in May 14th
2019. I tried to only check my profile at night and in the morning…..but some days I had to check several times sha! E no easy eeee…..in P Square’s voice.

PPR
May 22nd 2019, I was at work and at about 9:29am; I was tempted to check the Accra whatsapp group…I saw someone received PPR already and same AOR date with me. Quickly I checked my email and saw the donotreply email from CIC, to check my account. I saw request letter, and assumed it was an ADR. I opened the mail and to check what the request was ………. it was PPR.

I was speechless! I cant describe the feeling sincerely. I could not continue with the work…..took few minutes break… PPR in 89 days, It can only be God!

Post PPR

I was asked to submit the Schedule A form for myself and wifey….Same day we got PPR, I left for Lag to drop the passports at VFS Lekki Next day. Got to VFS Thursday morning, submitted passports and left around 9:11am.

I sincerely want to thank everyone in this thread… @newmum0615, Ramj, Joo2018, ifeoma77 etc I cant start counting ….. To the Jan AOR, Feb AOR and Accra VO WhatsApp groups, you people are too much. We pray we will all succeed on our Journey to Cannyland. grin grin grin grin

Madam Ladymarshall.........Score me welll ooooooooo grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile am praying my passport is released before end of 3 weeks as I have an official travel for 3rd week JUNE!

ACCRA, PLS HEAR MY CRY OOOO!!! .

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dannyko: 4:15pm On May 25, 2019
Harjeehbaday:

I promised to give the full gist of our Cannyland journey b am back with the bang!

ACCRA, PLS HEAR MY CRY OOOO!!! .
Wow speed of light application! Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:15pm On May 25, 2019
grin grin Even till tomorrow, I am still questioning myself if I have ever been refused UK visa, even though I haven't. I don't know why UK is the only country I am wondering about cheesy No be small stress, but it will be worth it

Natalie27:
This EE process though(smh)
I can’t remember what I was dreaming about this morning but I just woke up and realised that i had spent 6months in Togo for my year abroad !!!! I need Togo’s PCC

If you see the way I jumped people of Naria land .. no one needs the extra stress abeg

Good morning every one ... for every one who did not make their ielts please don’t give up and congrats to others on IELTS, PPR, copr, ECA et Les autres choses ....

Bonne journée

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:18pm On May 25, 2019
Congrats. Thank God

You score -0.0001/10

All the best at VFS and Canada

ENG0701:

Received my PPR mail this morning. It's been a long wait since November 2018, thank God it's finally here.

I need answers to two questions, please.

1. I did my biometric in Lagos, can I submit my passport in Abuja, since I will be I Abuja for awhile.

2. Where is VFS office in abuja. I am getting conflicting responses on Google.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 4:19pm On May 25, 2019
I used nipost, I think around six weeks. I believe nipost was the issue though cos verification took like two weeks

Marula:

Ok thanks. Will do that. How long did it take from your application to the day they sent to WES?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MrPein: 4:27pm On May 25, 2019
55emem55:

I can't but envy your reading scores.
9 back to back.

Please do you mind sharing how you tackled T,F,NG questions? Or materials you used? That seems to be my main concern sad

Thank you for your kind consideration.

I used ieltsbuddy.com and the cambridge series. Got 8.5.

Choose True if the question or statement can be found and correlates with what is written in the text/passage even if it has been paraphrased. They are often times paraphrased to confuse candidates.

Choose False if the question or statement can be found but DOES NOT correlate with the information from the text/passage. Paraphrased or not.

Choose Not Given if the question or statement CANNOT be found in the text/passage even if it feels true/false based on your experience or knowledge.

For example;
Rwanda is far ahead of Nigeria in renewable energy. They are a small giant of Africa. If Nigeria don’t take steps to cover lost grounds by passing laws and implementing policies to encourage electric cars and vehicles, Rwanda may go from being a small giant to becoming the main giant.

1. Nigeria has made less advances with respect to renewable energy when compared to Rwanda. TRUE

2. Rwanda is now a main giant in Africa. FALSE

3. Nigeria focuses more on non-renewable energy when compared to renewable energy. NOT GIVEN even though you know this is true.

Hope this helps. All the best.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:28pm On May 25, 2019
No

MumofTwins2017:

Please what if it’s just another city within Nigeria? Like relocating from Abuja to PH? Do they need to be informed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Pascal2016: 4:30pm On May 25, 2019
Alrite thank you so much
Scandinavian02:

#35k at Q-life.

I apologize. I tried to reply since and Seun's Cloudware abi Error message kept displaying till I gave up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Pascal2016: 4:31pm On May 25, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Banlabsdee: 4:32pm On May 25, 2019
Raconteur14:
It's been a long while I have been here. Decided to share my PPR story even though I didn't get it through express entry.

May 2017- Wrote IELTS for the first time and passed. (Just expired last week).

July 2017 - Got the result of my ECA assessment from WES.

July 2017 - Dived into the pool with a total score of 466.

August 2 2017 - Got an ITA as lowest CRS was 441.

August 9 2017- CRS was 433.

After due consultation on this forum, I realised I had wrongly put a certification that I had not assessed with my ECA. I was advised to remove the certification and revert to my 433 scores since it would be sufficient to get an ITA since the last draw on August 9 was 433.

August 23 2017- CRS was 434

September 6 2017- CRS was 435

September 14 2017- Celebrated my birthday and lost 6 points. My CRS dropped to 427

September 20 2017 - CRS was 433.

The rest as they say is history. CRS never dropped again to levels achieved in 2017.

I was sad, cursed my luck and was unhappy. I continued with my masters program in Unilag, hoping to finish by the end of 2018 so that I could get the extra 40 marks for masters. As I type this, while I am done with my course work, I'm yet to defend my project, talk less of results or certificate.

January 2019 - I got married to my girlfriend who was a PR.

January 2019 - I got a new job.

February 27 2019 - Submitted my sponsorship application (Average time of processing is one year)

March 2019- I did my biometrics.

May 16 2019- I got an e-mail that I was eligible for pre-arrival services.

May 16 2019- I got another e-mail to go and do my medicals. I was so excited about this that I was bubbling up and down. People usually do medicals 6 months or more after the application has been submitted.

May 16 2019- I got yet another e-mail from Accra Immigration notifying me that my Visa was ready. So is my COPR. I had just gotten the PPR email. I was behind myself with so much joy and I still can't believe it. But God did it.

I share this to encourage someone. Be patient, keep at it and God would bring your own testimony for you.

I couldn't keep up with the thread from Part 3 because my situation wasn't changing. I am pretty sure that people we started together then are well settled in Canada now. But I am just so glad that God showed up for me this way. It's only him!
hi do you need write ielts if a permanent resident sponsors you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olabellruk: 4:32pm On May 25, 2019
Ah ah, ki lo de?

ladymarshall:
Congrats. Thank God

You score -0.0001/10

All the best at VFS and Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:38pm On May 25, 2019
Who is wicked to who? angry The score was given both on the basis of the script and her broken promise. She said "full details coming soon", go back in time to her post. We are the victims here. She is "wickeding" us by denying us the indepth script she knows would inspire us. Our heart bleeds from starvation!!! We are weak but not down!!! Our fire is dim but not off!!! Our heart is broken, shattered and in pieces!!! But we do not give up!!! We will pick up what's left of our broken heart and turn to others for succour in this great time of sorrow!!! We will not give up but look to others for better inspiration. Amen.

haywhy80:

1 out of 10. This is a sheer wickedness!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 4:43pm On May 25, 2019
Lmao!!! So you have time to contest your score but not to type a good PPR script grin Why you do us like this na? grin

EOR unsuccessful. It's nothing personal sis. Scores does not take away your PPR, what's yours is yours and it has ended in praise. All the best in Canada. One love kiss kiss kiss

queenieB:

Lol, I was hoping you this lady won’t fish me out.... thanks again dear but this score needs a remark

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Esomimi: 4:50pm On May 25, 2019
Good evening all,

Please I need clarification on sths.

I am Pre-ITA, currently sitting in the pool and I already got my reference letter from HR dated May 9th, 2019 (Level - ET) However, I recently got promoted and my promotion letter is dated May 10th, 2019 (New Level - ABO). The job function, Title (Relationship Officer) and working hours did not change, the initial letter also did not carry salary amount.

To my question:

1. Do I need to get a new reference letter, even though nothing is really changing apart from the level? Or can I just submit the old one without my promotion letter?
2. Since my salary wasn't stated, and our payslips do not carry official logos, can I just print my statement and highlight all salary payments?
3. The promotion came with salary increase which reflected in the last salary payment. If I do not submit a promotion letter as proof of the increase in salary amount, will it raise any queries?

Looking forward to your great opinions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 4:53pm On May 25, 2019
Dannyko:

Oh I just checked your profile and found out you help people with their WAEC/NECO processing. So sorry if my post would disrupt your business;I just couldn't resist sharing that vital information. I have benefitted from this thread since part 2 and it's one of my little ways of giving back. No vex o

HI, oga. I am a SHE. Thank You.

Congratulations on your COPR. Has it occurred to you that TIMES MAY HAVE CHANGED since you did your verification? WES constantly reviews their policy.

On disrupting my business, smiles. Its much more than a business for me. I like the fact that I am able to help people. help fasten their process and give them a real life update on their applications. I would always be around to help people the much i can until I am not able to. sometimes everything isn't about money.
We are adults and whatever anyone wants to do, he or she is free to do. I only shared a recent screenshot of a rejected transcript, not to ask people to patronize me. Last i checked, there are couple of others here too helping people out. But if i see something that is capable of costing one time and money, I wont hesitate to say it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 5:02pm On May 25, 2019
Lmao! But how come you notice my brutality only when I give low scores but never when I give high scores. I give people 9,8, 10, 7 all the time. Look at the scores record, infact higher scores comprise more of the marks. I think selective attention is happening here. Or you know the moniker personally wink

None of the low scores have been undeserving. I try to be as objective as possible. There are also circumstantial situations that necessitate some scores depending on the context of the story and scripts. Marking scripts consistently take so much time and attention to details, it adds nothing personally to me except to encourage people to share their detailed scripts so as to motivate us. When @ralphrulz initiated the script marking, it wasn't because people weren't sharing timelines, it was because those timelines were not detailed enough to inspire and people were getting bored. Our PPR scripts here are unique because they are more detailed and motivating than what you get out there and we need to maintain the standard. Also, I used to complain of people not writing detailed script while scoring but I no longer do, I just award scores since as a moniker pointed out in part 7, we cannot force people to give detailed scripts. But when you do not make effort in giving detailed scripts, be prepared for low scores. You can not provide low quality scripts and ask for high scores, that will be unfair to those who type detailed scripts.

Since I am sensitive to the desire of the majority in group forums like these, if most of you are uncomfortable with my marking style and would prefer another, please indicate. I will humbly step down. I don't respond well to soft threats grin It's nothing personal really, just for the benefit of all.

COPR:

You're brutal. We'll 'dethrone' you. Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Troysam2017(f): 5:04pm On May 25, 2019
EOR was ready two weeks ago. Just picked up TRF yesterday writing got upgraded from 6 to 6.5.���Please at this point i need helpppppppppppp with my writing. After second attempt with 6.5 in writing twice i feel like giving up. But I have come too far to look back. Johnnybravo1990 pleaseeeeeeeeeee i need your help. I have sent you a PM as i'll be writing the exam for June 29. We move!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 5:05pm On May 25, 2019
Do ECA, while waiting for it, do your IELTS

You need at least LSWR: 8777 to get a good CRS score

Page 1 of this thread will tell you all you need to know and answer these questions. Spend more time reading it

roland2rule:
Hi, I just join this Canada forum and I am a looking forward to my success stories too like those in the Canada winning squad here.

I am very new and I will appreciate if someone can guide me through. I finished NYSC October 2018 and I am looking forward to try this out too. I have learned one or two things here.

Is IELTS the first thing to do? How many months of preparation do I need to be fit for this exam and pass?

I can see some people having 6.5 in just one part and pass every other parts very well but still lament that they failed. Is there a minimum pass mark for each Test

Thanks for your help. Favor will locate us all

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 5:05pm On May 25, 2019
Harjeehbaday:

I promised to give the full gist of our Cannyland journey and am back with the bang!

I thank God for this privilege and success. I also want to thank everyone here for the support received from when I came across this thread last year - PART 3. Here I am giving my testimony in Part 8….

Let’s get right to it!

TIMELINE
IELTS (4 Times) – British Council
May 2018 – LSRW – 9, 7.5, 6.5, 6.5
June 2018 : LSRW – 9, 7.5, 8.5, 7
Nov 2018 : LSRW – 8.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7 CRS – 430 (after remark CRS – 439)
Jan 2019 : LSRW – 8.5, 7.5, 8.5, 7.5 (CRS – 444)

Spouse IELTS (3 Times)
May 2018: LRWS – 6, 6, 6.5, 7.0
Sept 2018 : LRWS – 6.5, 6, 6.5, 7.0
Dec 2018: LRWS – 7, 7, 6.5, 8.0 (after remark)

ECA completed – 24th May 2018
Spouse ECA completed – Sept 21st 2018
Entered the pool: August 28th 2018
ITA: January 30, 2019 (Draw – 439)
Medicals: Feb 11th 2019
Family of 5
Visa Office: AVO
Passport Submission: May 23rd 2019

congratulations to you and yours. Accra will finished what they started with speed. may the new land favour you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MumofTwins2017: 5:16pm On May 25, 2019
joo2018:
Ideally, you are to inform CIC when your contact address changes.

Okay thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by itamkate: 5:17pm On May 25, 2019
Good evening Fam.
Please I'm in a fix right now and need urgent suggestions.

I am 30 and will be 31 by June 23, my husband is 33. I've written IELTS twice already and got exactly the same results as shown below

MOD IELTS (May 11, March 23)
LSRW 7.5, 7.5, 6.0, 6.5

My husband (March 23)
LSRW 8.0, 8.5, 5.5, 7.0

CRS 387

Please what options do I have? I was considering a remark of my last exam and my husband's but I don't know what effect (s) that might have on us.

Also, does all my work experience have to fall under the same NOC code?

I'm desperately depending on your kind suggestions. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by roland2rule(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2019
ladymarshall:
Do ECA, while waiting for it, do your IELTS

You need at least LSWR: 8777 to get a good CRS score

Page 1 of this thread will tell you all you need to know and answer these questions. Spend more time reading it

Thanks alot. How many weeks will ECA take? Besides, I just want to start preparing for IELTS, can 1 month massive preparation earn me 8777 minimum? Or Should I should make it 2 months?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jenolyfavour: 5:20pm On May 25, 2019
Thank you dear. Am so happy you replied me.

ladymarshall:
@Jenolyfavour I see you are pre-ITA but you are worrying about Canadian certificate for settlement in Canada already, nice. But focus on getting ITA first, do a seamless submission for e-APR, ensure all your documents are in order, then when you are post-AOR, you can worry about life in Canada, it's a long wait so you'll have time. Take it step-by-step so you do not get overwhelmed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 5:25pm On May 25, 2019
Read page 1 on the basic process to learn about ECA and other steps https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Regarding IETLS preparation, it depends on your learning style. Some need 1 month, others 2 or more. Read about IELTS preparation on page 1 https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386517

roland2rule:

Thanks alot. How many weeks will ECA take? Besides, I just want to start preparing for IELTS, can 1 month massive preparation earn me 8777 minimum? Or Should I should make it 2 months?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:26pm On May 25, 2019
joo2018:
It happens.

6 months TB is cool. It is 1yr I will advise against.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.