Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1057448 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:30pm On May 26, 2019
Send a pm
Kiitan195344:
Hello, I’d love to join the May AOR group. Kindly link me up. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 11:31pm On May 26, 2019
I see. I didn't interprete it that way. I interpreted it literally

trendy09:

@ ladymarshall,thats quite unnecessary...His question might as well be interpreted as "can i use apps like hellosign to fill and sign rather than printing out?"...

@nonen, yes,u can print,sign,scan then send it back dearie.All d best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 11:37pm On May 26, 2019
Wow. Thanks for this. I didn't know one could verify with this equivalency tool.

@Stencil you didn't respond to my pm, Abi was I asking stupid questions? *Covers face*

cry

Stencil:
Sigh it is.. where did you get this information from?
WES has an equivalency tool. You can use it to check yourself.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etrange: 11:42pm On May 26, 2019
ladymarshall:
No you don't need to, just return the empty document back to them or you can ask a robot to do it angry

Hahahaha !!! LMAO

No, no, no! I'm not supposed to be laughing! This was harsh nah. He was only asking if there were other means of signing without having to print it out.

Ah! You people wee nor kee me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by trendy09(f): 12:16am On May 27, 2019
etrange:

Hahahaha !!! LMAO

No, no, no! I'm not supposed to be laughing! This was harsh nah. He was only asking if there were other means of signing without having to print it out.

Ah! You people wee nor kee me.

@etrange, u ehn cheesy true true,i also laughed first.Like d guy struck a cord in our madams intestine...@ladymarshall,don't worry,it will end in praise. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 12:37am On May 27, 2019
Pls wat abt a pg dip? Is it still evaluated as 2 or more cert?.
Stencil:
Sigh it is.. where did you get this information from?
WES has an equivalency tool. You can use it to check yourself.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nonen(m): 12:43am On May 27, 2019
ladymarshall:
No you don't need to, just return the empty document back to them or you can ask a robot to do it angry

Lady, I’d want to take your response as sarcasm, hoping you misunderstood my question which was very straight forward. I’ve gotten my desired response already.
Thanks

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 12:45am On May 27, 2019
Duchynwa:
Hi All,

Please, I need an urgent help with the question below:

My friend wants to do her ECA and the date of birth (DOB) on her WAEC is different, i.e the dob on her WAEC is 2 years younger than her real age. Though she said she saw this at the point of picking up her certificate and complained, but, the process to get it corrected seems tedious and she just ignored it.

My QUESTIONS ARE:

1. Does it really matter to WES that her DOB on the intl passport is different from that on her WAEC since WES evaluation is actually on post-secondary degrees and I would expect that they ECA report does not report age.

2. I have looked for solution too but it seems WAEC no longer corrects error on DOB since some people falsify their age. I am wondering if any one have ever used "Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies". They are listed as one of the authorised ECA by CIC for immigration and they stated on their requirement that secondary education is optional. We are considering using them but wondering if any one here can share his/her experience with them. Also, she wants to verify her ND and HND and they require double payment of $210 for each credential and that's $420.
WES will be cheaper for us, and am wondering if NECO will do, as NECO doesn't not print DOB on the certificate.

3. Please, I will appreciate if anyone can advise us on this ASAP.

1. Wes doesn't use intl passport. So they would rely on information they get from your results and would report what they saw on the waec. Whether it differs from the one on your degrees.

2. Some attach a sworn affidavit of their real age and send to Wes with a copy of birth certificate. WES favours OND/HND. You pay the same amount of money irrespective of how many certificates you have. And it comes out as two or more certificate.

Yes, NECO would suffice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by smartkester(m): 12:49am On May 27, 2019
joo2018:
What's the problem?

it doesnt seem to open
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Pascal2016: 12:54am On May 27, 2019
jjohndoe83:

What date did your transcripts and applications sent by courier reach IQAS? I know that people who delivered their documents /transcripts in the January 20s have started receiving AOR. What IQAS seems to count is when your courier delivered your documents not when you submitted your online application. You can follow this thread to see others who are also waiting:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/iqas-eca-timeline-tracking.490054/page-357

Cc. Pascal2016

I actually applied November 2018 and made my complete payment, my transcript got to IQAS office December and received by a staff there as UPS tracking info revealed. I then sent copy of my certificate and other requirements via NIPOST on 19th December 2018. You know NIPOST and their tracking wahala. I expected it to get to Canada by January but can't say which date because another parcel I sent to Austria got there and was confirmed Receipt by my friend by January. So I believed that the one I sent to IQAS should be in Canada within January.
seriously I really don't know what to do now.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kaylov12: 1:38am On May 27, 2019
Gshun:
Good day fams, pls is IELTS results always available for pickup at BC same day result is released. I might need to get mine urgently on the release date cos i would be out of town for some weeks.

You can receive ur TRF by proxy. Simply write a letter of authorisation, n ur international be taken to d office by the bearer, who also needs an id. You can then request it be scanned to u. Better still opt for delivery by courier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kaylov12: 1:43am On May 27, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Be also there to advise her when her marriage ends in divorce o. Let’s call a spade a spade. Abeg, forget that, ‘you can survive in Canada as a single mother’. She may go ahead with the Express Entry process for now, but finally, going to Canada without her husband’s approval and company is simply asking for a divorce. Who in Canada will want to marry a single mother with 3 kids when their father is still alive? Loneliness is real o! There is a kind of loneliness that your kids cannot solve, and that only a partner can quench. So it is a simple but difficult choice — Canada/divorce or continued marriage/love. You must point this to her when you advice: ‘so when your PR comes, will you want to risk your marriage because of Canada if your husband still refuses to agree to only you going?’

Even though I am also in the race to land in Canada, I will always reiterate that Canada is not everything; everything in this life is vanity. In some situations, one needs to weigh their options properly before they decide any action, and they need to be prepared to face the consequences.

She may be lucky y know. Did u know" LUCK SIMPLY MEANS OPPORTUNITY MEETS WITH PREPAREDNESS " .Let her prepare, luck may shine on her
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kaylov12: 1:47am On May 27, 2019
babyoj:
Good evening, please for those who wrote with MOD recently do you still have the opportunity to choose your speaking date? I am confused as they emailed me my speaking date and said i cannot reschedule.

Of course u can. Just make sure u go early on the day you choose to bearing in mind that it must be b4 LRW
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tolfa(m): 3:37am On May 27, 2019
You can as well validate the form after inputting your name and date on the last page of the form too.
nonen:

Lady, I’d want to take your response as sarcasm, hoping you misunderstood my question which was very straight forward. I’ve gotten my desired response already.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by JBArokonkwo1(m): 5:45am On May 27, 2019
Hello guys,please I have two questions bothering of proof of funds as well as work experience.
1. I am using two treasury bills as proof of funds,first bank and access bank. I have my treasury bills statement from both banks. Do I need an additional document to support the treasury bill statement? Someone said something about letter of non indebtedness. Please did anyone here use treasury bills statement alone and got PPR or know someone who did it?
Secondly,I have work experiences from 2013 till date.Did housemanship Nov 2013 to Dec 2014,and I did my nysc from Jan 2015 to Oct 2015. I then worked in a private clinic from Nov 2015 to Feb 2017 and then got a teaching hospital job from March 2017 till date..... I don't have a letter from my nysc employer but I have letters for every other employer.... Do I include nysc work experience or I ommit it and put my past three years work experiencefrom the private clinic and present job which is more than three years together under work experience and then put the nysc experience under personal history?I want to know if I can skip the house job and nysc experience and just put the private clinic and present job experience alone...I can include them under personal experience and not work experience
I am thinking that eight months of nysc is a big void and I should avoid it.
Please a detailed response to my questions would be highly appreciated...
Thanks alot..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by JBArokonkwo1(m): 5:47am On May 27, 2019
Hello guys,please I have two questions bothering of proof of funds as well as work experience.
1. I am using two treasury bills as proof of funds,first bank and access bank. I have my treasury bills statement from both banks. Do I need an additional document to support the treasury bill statement? Someone said something about letter of non indebtedness. Please did anyone here use treasury bills statement alone and got PPR or know someone who did it?
Secondly,I have work experiences from 2013 till date.Did housemanship Nov 2013 to Dec 2014,and I did my nysc from Jan 2015 to Oct 2015. I then worked in a private clinic from Nov 2015 to Feb 2017 and then got a teaching hospital job from March 2017 till date..... I don't have a letter from my nysc employer but I have letters for every other employer.... Do I include nysc work experience or I ommit it and put my past three years work experiencefrom the private clinic and present job which is more than three years together under work experience and then put the nysc experience under personal history?I want to know if I can skip the house job and nysc experience and just put the private clinic and present job experience alone...I can include them under personal experience and not work experience
Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 5:51am On May 27, 2019
JBArokonkwo1:
Thanks alot
number 2- once 3 years is complete forget d rest. They belong to personal history

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 6:20am On May 27, 2019
nat138:

Summary of dates;
IELTS: 20/1/2018 LRWS 8, 8.5,7.5,7
ECA completed: Feb 2018
ITA: 14/3/18, CRS 465, cut off was 456
Medicals: 25/4/18
AOR: 21/5/18
MEP: 6/6/18
CSE: raised to submit new passport Dec 2018, as passport was expiring Jan 2019
ADR: 8/2/19 (form 5406, form 5669 , updated POF and Salary account statement)
Submitted ADR: 11/2/19
Remedicals: 25/3/19. Original medicals was due to expire on 25/4/19 but decided to be proactive and do remdecials without IRCC asking for it as I did not want stories that touch. Because with just a month to medicals expiry, there was no way I will travel by thn even if PPR came in the day I did the remedicals
PPR: 3/4/19
Couriered received in Lagos: 11/4/19
COPR: 25/4/19
2nd PPR: 30/5/19
My CSE raised for on the 25th was responded to on 3rd May. Jokers!!!!

2nd COPR: 22/5/19. After 366 days, it ended in PRAISE!!!

This thread is a goldmine and I tell people that if I direct them to this thread to DIY and they still require my assistance, they will have to pay for such services. This remains one of the most straight forward immigrant processes i have seen so far.

The bolded is so true. Congratulations!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by deboks: 7:53am On May 27, 2019
Hello FAM;
Got a question, don't know if anyone has experience this.

My AOR is September 15th 2018. Yes. Its almost 8 months 2 weeks (for those who believe they are the last in December AOR to receive PPR; saw a comment like that and silently chucked). Many of us are out there... Mostly just exhausted to comment...as most of the peeps we applied with have landed. Lol. This process can take a lot from you... Be prepared.

Anyways, so after 7 months of silence i got an update, i finally moved to 1P2, background check had commenced.... Finally ....in my mind!!!! Friday, 10th May ( some days to the 8 month mark) i get another update. This time a ghost update. On Monday, 13th May, i put a call to CIC and was told i should receive a letter shortly. I waited till Friday, 17th May 2019 and called again, this time i was congratulated by the call agent that my application had been approved and i should have received an email for passport request letter. I told him i got nothing yet. He said it was sent to AVO to issue the letter. told him i haven't received anything from any Visa Office.

Anyways... I was asked to email AVO and raise a CSE...telling them am aware my application has been approved but i was yet to receive PPR.... i have Submitted and email and CSE. Its been more than 2 weeks no response or PPR from AVO.

I called again Friday, 23rd May, the agent was nice and said he will contact AVO himself. Anyways just to be proactive I just wrote an email to Ralph last night. Besides my email address is correct as i have confirmed this in the several calls to CIC.

It is so exhausting to have waited so long and then told it was approved... but no proof... Lols ( lawyer speaking)

My question is if anyone has experience this and what more can i do in the case? Is it possible for AVO to do any how after Oga at the top has approved?

See eh.. Perhaps i just need an avenue to vent...my family is tip toeing around me they actually think this whole process is scam, they don't know anyone personally around us that is in Canada through this process. As e don take this long na... Make i forget am... But here i am i want to tell them i have gotten it!!! It works!!! See... But nothing to show that e don show...so am just quiet. Lols.

My family knew when i applied and how hopeful i was to get PPR by 3months as i arranged my documents carefully. and that theory " if you had if difficult post ITA... It will be faster for you post AOR" Lols... Bullshit... I wrote IELTS 3 times, i submitted LLb, BL, Msc for evaluation .. Didn't know at the time i only needed my masters... So imagine evaluation from 3 Nigerian institutions with WES. From the day i started this process till now .. 1 year 6 months. Lols.

See, not every one will get that 3 months timeline... Not everyone will get the before 6months timeline. Some like me ...will for whatever reason best known to CIC will be tested in patience... Be ready.
Hopefully soon i can complete it by saying " Be ready, though you pass through the furnace of patience the fire shall not burn thee because thou shall come out victorious"...

48 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by trendy09(f): 8:19am On May 27, 2019
deboks:
Hello FAM;

My AOR is September 15th 2018. Yes. Its almost 8 months 2 weeks (for those who believe they are the last in December AOR to receive PPR; saw a comment like that and silently chucked). Many of us are out there... Mostly just exhausted to comment...as most of the peeps we applied with have landed. Lol. This process can take a lot from you... Be prepared.

My question is if anyone has experience this and what more can i do in the case? Is it possible for AVO to do any how after Oga at the top has approved?

See eh.. Perhaps i just need an avenue to vent...my family is tip toeing around me they actually think this whole process is scam, they don't know anyone personally around us that is in Canada through this process.

Hopefully soon i can complete it by saying " Be ready, though you pass through the furnace of patience the fire shall not burn thee because thou shall come out victorious"...

This cracked me up....Bro,its a done deal by Gods grace...Congratulations in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 8:37am On May 27, 2019
@stencil has done so well by sending the equivalency tool so please use it for all your questions regarding this
Brownie1003:
Pls wat abt a pg dip? Is it still evaluated as 2 or more cert?.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canada2020: 9:30am On May 27, 2019

kentoski:

okay thank you, I am trying to use a UBA card, it's not working. What was the exchange rate with GTB, do you remember?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 9:55am On May 27, 2019
Dear Mr. Pein, i fought hard and got my reference letter. Thank you so much. Yaaay

MrPein:

Ok. Didnt know you had another job to add to that.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 9:56am On May 27, 2019
Hello, i fought hard and got my reference letter. Thank you so much. Yaaay

MrPein:

Hi

From my research i think any work experience you intend to claim points with should be upto a year or over a year. Submitting the signed policy as evidence would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Please others should verify this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 9:59am On May 27, 2019
deboks:
Hello FAM;

See eh.. Perhaps i just need an avenue to vent...my family is tip toeing around me they actually think this whole process is scam, they don't know anyone personally around us that is in Canada through this process. As e don take this long na... Make i forget am... But here i am i want to tell them i have gotten it!!! It works!!! See... But nothing to show that e don show...so am just quiet. Lols.

Hang in there, the email will drop soon. It's good to know that your application has been approved.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mikeufuoma2016: 10:01am On May 27, 2019
Thanks am in Australia

quote author=Abiodunnn post=78736196]You'll be required to make a payment after you must have uploaded all documents and submitted your application. The payment page comes up thereafter.
I paid with my GTBANK mastercard

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:02am On May 27, 2019
Please, must one have fund in one's account before opening an express entry profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Asetime: 10:08am On May 27, 2019
Good morning House, please kindly assist.....
Asetime:
Hi everyone! Concerning WES, i read on one of the threads that an electronic ECA will suffice in the application. Does it mean we don't need to request for either postal or courier services?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sempe123: 10:11am On May 27, 2019
ladymarshall:
Yes you can but what is ERM?

Please,I have a cousin ,who is a canadian citizen,and lives in Alberta.Do you think there is any way I can take advantage of that to increase my likelihood of migrating to canada maybe through any of the provincial/express nomination programmes?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 10:32am On May 27, 2019
Getting a letter of non indebtedness is neither compulsory nor required but a lot of people provide it just to have their peace of mind. Applications will not be rejected based on non availability of letter of non indebtedness. However, Incase you have any loan you are servicing at the moment, please make room for it together with your POF. As an illustration, if you have a loan of 500,000 naira and your expected POF is 5,000,000 then you are expected to have a POF value of cumulative 5,500,000. This is just to play safe and show that even when you pay off your debt, you still possess enough to bring with you to Canada.

For the housemanship and Nysc saga, please if you don’t have a reference letter from employer or documents that can convincingly prove that you were employed at an organization for a period, put it under work history. It doesn’t matter if there is a void under work experience so far you are not claiming points for it. That’s why there is personal history column where you can narrate where and how you have been in the past 10 years. As it’s usually said, do not complicate your application
JBArokonkwo1:
1. I am using two treasury bills as proof of funds,first bank and access bank. I have my treasury bills statement
Thanks alot..
Getting a letter of non indebtedness is neither compulsory nor required but a lot of people provide it just to have their peace of mind. Applications will not be rejected based on non availability of letter of non indebtedness. However, Incase you have any loan you are servicing at the moment, please make room for it together with your POF. As an illustration, if you have a loan of 500,000 naira and your expected POF is 5,000,000 then you are expected to have a POF value of cumulative 5,500,000. This is just to play safe and show that even when you pay off your debt, you still possess enough to bring with you to Canada.

For the housemanship and Nysc saga, please if you don’t have a reference letter from employer or documents that can convincingly prove that you were employed at an organization for a period, put it under work history. It doesn’t matter if there is a void under work experience so far you are not claiming points for it. That’s why there is personal history column where you can narrate where and how you have been in the past 10 years. As it’s usually said, do not complicate your application

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 10:33am On May 27, 2019
Adva45:
Please, must one have fund in one's account before opening an express entry profile?

Not necessarily, but time is of the essence. The earlier you can plan your POF and other documents, the better.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 10:40am On May 27, 2019
deboks:
Hello FAM;

Anyways, so after 7 months of silence i got an update, i finally moved to 1P2, background check had commenced.... Finally ....in my mind!!!! Friday, 10th May ( some days to the 8 month mark) i get another update. This time a ghost update. On Monday, 13th May, i put a call to CIC and was told i should receive a letter shortly. I waited till Friday, 17th May 2019 and called again, this time i was congratulated by the call agent that my application had been approved and i should have received an email for passport request letter. I told him i got nothing yet. He said it was sent to AVO to issue the letter. told him i haven't received anything from any Visa Office.

Anyways... I was asked to email AVO and raise a CSE...telling them am aware my application has been approved but i was yet to receive PPR.... i have Submitted and email and CSE. Its been more than 2 weeks no response or PPR from AVO.

I called again Friday, 23rd May, the agent was nice and said he will contact AVO himself. Anyways just to be proactive I just wrote an email to Ralph last night. Besides my email address is correct as i have confirmed this in the several calls to CIC.

It is so exhausting to have waited so long and then told it was approved... but no proof... Lols ( lawyer speaking)

My question is if anyone

See, not every one will get that 3 months timeline... Not everyone will get the before 6months timeline. Some like me ...will for whatever reason best known to CIC will be tested in patience... Be ready.

though it tarries, just wait for it as it will surely come. You have drawn strength from your inner man today and be rest assured that I will be here to celebrate with you and also mark your script. A lot of people go through this torture and feel like just giving up or throw in the towel but be encouraged this morning cos it will all end in praise

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.