Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,354 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

Expert To Nigerians: Urine Is Toxic, Can't Cure Apollo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Expert To Nigerians: Urine Is Toxic, Can't Cure Apollo (364 Views)

Help!!! My Urine Is Smelling / "Drinking Camel Urine Is Good For You" - Mohammed Bin Islam / My Urine Is Always Yellow After Eating Noodles, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Expert To Nigerians: Urine Is Toxic, Can't Cure Apollo by shehuolayinka(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2019
A UK based Nigerian Medical Doctor, Harvey Olufunmilayo has warned Nigerians against the use of urine as treatment for any medical conditions.

Dr Olufunmilayo gave the advise on Monday in a tweet on his verified and official twitter account, saying that no medical evidence exist to support urine medical efficacy.

See his tweets below…

“Urine can cure Apollo” “Urine can cure pimples” “Urine can cure cancer” “Urine can give long life” ALL the above are myths and lies. There is NO medical evidence for it. Apollo usually goes on its own. Urine is toxic. It can make you blind. NEVER drink it or put in your eyes.

Okay since there’s a lot of questions on Apollo and there seems to be firm belief in the fact that urine works. Let me explain a few things and let me clarify. Many of us especially in Nigeria, during our childhood when we knew nothing better, all thought WRONG it was the urine.

What is “Apollo”? It is medically termed Conjunctivitis. That simply means an inflammation of the conjunctiva- that’s the layer that covers the front of the eye and lines the inside of the eyelids. That’s the simple definition. So it’s that swollen red layer that we call Apollo.

Read more: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/05/14/expert-to-nigerians-urine-is-toxic-cant-cure-apollo/

(1) (Reply)

Pre-mature Ejaculation / Need Help / What Are The Causes Of Sleeping Paralysis And Its Treatment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.