Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match (42635 Views)

Drama In The Tunisia Vs Mali Game As Referee Ends Match In The 89th Minute / CAF Appoint Alioum As Referee For AFCON 2019 Final, Victor Gomes Dropped / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Ndlistic(m): 2:15am On May 15, 2019
The Former Arsenal and Manchester United player Robin Van Persie who set to retired from football. Van Persie who has had a very good successful career in football played his last match with Feyenoord on Sunday.

Van Persie was given guard of Honor as match was stopped for him to walk down as he was being substituted.

Taking twitter to share his appreciations, He wrote: "On Sunday I played my last professional game. Looking back on a 17 year career I can only say it has been a wonderful journey. With ups-and-downs, but thankfully with many precious and unforgettable memories. Proud to have played for great clubs and for my country".

"It was a privilege. I would like to thank my managers and team mates, and the fans that have supported me and my family over the years. I am going to miss the game, but am looking forward to the next chapter in my life⚽❤".

Watch The Emotional Moment Below,

Source:
https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/05/the-moment-referee-and-players-stopped.html?m=1

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Ndlistic(m): 2:16am On May 15, 2019
See reactions below, Watch Full Video From HERE

CC

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Dominique

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by KingLennon(m): 6:05am On May 15, 2019
The Flying dutchman. A wonderful finisher in his prime. Am glad you came to Man.utd to win atleast a trophy before retiring grin.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by femi4: 6:16am On May 15, 2019
Van Rapist

2 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by orisunmibare01(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2019
Guy was a beast in arsenal's jersey....Master of one touch volley

57 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Josh64(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2019
Better striker. Not like the useless Lukaku and Rashford we have now.

45 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by tstx(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2019
Sweet
Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by yomalex(m): 8:33am On May 15, 2019
Great Robbie

1 Like

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Tripitaka: 8:33am On May 15, 2019
I will never forget his goal for United against Aston Villa in Fergies last game.

The long pass from Rooney and the one-time volley from RVP. One of my best goals ever. I think the game ended 4-4.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Ultimatezlant: 8:34am On May 15, 2019
This man has more honour in man united than arsenal

16 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by rottennaija(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2019
The Flying Dutchman

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by lilmax(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2019
this guy and Walcott made me love arsenal then

14 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by RexTramadol1: 8:34am On May 15, 2019
RVP

1 Like

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Nobody: 8:34am On May 15, 2019
Meanwhile 3.5kva Made in India Inverter
Whatsapp or Call: 08100321773
Used only for 4 months

2 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Nobody: 8:34am On May 15, 2019
Last match and his club lost 0-2.

cut people t
ticket anyhow. Nonsense Apc!

3 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by jamaicabakare(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2019
Legend.

14 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by OBTMOS(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2019
Van
Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Damfostopper(m): 8:36am On May 15, 2019
I will never forget your goal against Spain in the world cup.... the flying Dutch man..... thank you for delivering the 20th title for Manchester United.... respect

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Naughtytboy: 8:36am On May 15, 2019
dat goal he scored against spain in 2014 world cup,what a goal

18 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Nobody: 8:37am On May 15, 2019
One of my top 3 best strikers i ever liked. Legend at its leak.

12 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Starboytwo(m): 8:37am On May 15, 2019
Who remember those "volleys" against everton...

Classic Van P...

22 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by bareal(m): 8:37am On May 15, 2019
Your appreciation cannot be complete without the mention of a certain Arsene Wenger and Arsenal who endured your frequent injuries....

Wish you well in your future endeavor

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by 8stargeneral: 8:37am On May 15, 2019
Good luck RVP,cant forget his great goals,we Manchester family we never forget u.

2 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by ikechukz(m): 8:39am On May 15, 2019
Van Persie + Arsenal + Winning Eleven that year = Fire
cool cool

17 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Neddstark: 8:40am On May 15, 2019
He was one of Man Utd buys who never dissapointed. Our best player that season. Adios RVP

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by rockstar27(m): 8:40am On May 15, 2019
BEST AMONG THE KING OF FOOTBALL, DESPITE THE POOR PERFORMANCE IN MAN U, HE STILL COLLECT BEST SCORER.. LOVE U VAN PERSIE
Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Uyi168: 8:41am On May 15, 2019
His career would have been trophy laden had he not played for arsenal..
cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by Dagger79(m): 8:42am On May 15, 2019
Respect to the king of volley.

3 Likes

Re: Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match by unitysheart(m): 8:42am On May 15, 2019
Top man. He had the best switch ever. Moved from Arsenal to Man U to win the premier league. Happy retirement Van.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid Unveils Rodrygo Goes / Lauritta Onye: "My Man Must Be Tall, Romantic, Caring, Dark, Cute, Have Swagger" / 7 Is The Number - Ronaldo Celebrates Man United Jersey In New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.