Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package (16666 Views)

9th National Assembly Inauguration. Live Updates / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly / 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Reference(m): 7:50am On May 15, 2019
15ssDRIVE:
One day 1 day, we go still end up doing what Senegal did.

No more senate .... no more National Assembly.

Because las las ... all Na scam!

Well, the money will just go somewhere else in government where it will be equally mis-spent.
If this is your solution, you are just part ofthe problem. Just evading or avoiding your responsibility of being a key stake holder in the function of government. If someone contests down the line and promises to cut this fat from government, will you work with him to do that.... or begin to analyse his geo political antecedents... or fall for some savvy commercial and then go to bed...

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Reference(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2019
contigiency:
Then the fake activists shehu sani and ben Bruce who are among those milking us dry Will be asking how we developed faster during the colonial rule. As if their history books did not reveal to them that we didn't waste this kind of huge amount on very few people who are doing little or nothing to the development of the country.

Lazy name calling again.
Oga, the bulk of those are newly elected. What did they promise in exchange for your vote just a couple of months ago. That is the question. What did you demand of them... nothing. You expect an institution to build or reform itself.... you must be joking.

If a protest group springs up right now against this matter, be honest. Won't your primordial instincts kick in and you start blasting away along tribal or religious lines...

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2019
Reference:

Well, the money will just go somewhere else in government where it will be equally mis-spent.
If this is your solution, you are just part ofthe problem. Just evading or avoiding your responsibility of being a key stake holder in the function of government. If someone contests down the line and promises to cut this fat from government, will you work with him to do that.... or begin to analyse his geo political antecedents... or fall for some savvy commercial and then go to bed...

If someone contests down the line and promises to cut this fat from government, will you work with him to do that?
10000000000000% Yes!

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Ryan03(f): 7:59am On May 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:
While they only pay 30K minimum wage (reluctantly)........

And this is truly and indeed a sh.it.hole................
They still dey argue am o, the increment when they do for police salary since november last year, they never still implement am. This people are just wicked
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Reference(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2019
15ssDRIVE:

If someone contests down the line and promises to cut this fat from government, will you work with him to do that?
10000000000000% Yes!

Okay start work now and let us build a critical mass of opinions that this has to stop. And we wil take it to the end which is a complete restructuring of this country which in its present state lends support these tragedies.

Legislators are direct representatives of the people and should be paid by the people as messengers to represent them. Twenty years after the reemergence of democracy, we feel it is time the government stops spoon feeding democracy.

If I want to send you to deliver a message for me in Abuja, it is I that should pay not the recepient especially if the message is in my interest and against that of the Executive. That is why they scant work for us. The wrong person is paying the bills.

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by felaismyhero(m): 8:06am On May 15, 2019
bad and evil leaders: this my people is the problem of this nation,not corruption.sanusi spoke about the pay of senators/honourables then,but they criticised him.until sensible nigerians choose to be part of leadership,nothing will ever change.
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by thesicilian: 8:10am On May 15, 2019
Deathisfree:

My brother ,embezzling our money isn’t a crime ? And perhaps our greatest grand father have been talking too . The country is spoilt bro. Care for yourself and your family
Exactly bro.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by backnbeta(f): 8:12am On May 15, 2019
Shame on us all, for swallowing the insults and watching these mofos run us down with their systemized looting of our Commonwealth.

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Twenty47(m): 8:14am On May 15, 2019
OMG... So even their tour duty allowance per night is more than the minimum wage
SMH

1 Like

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by KaptainAfrika: 8:20am On May 15, 2019
And e-diots here would be fighting on their behalf, when you won't see a dot from there.
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 8:29am On May 15, 2019
By the time we realize a revolution is the best way out , it will be too late. Those yeye educated Nigerians can only type long English sentences without solutions.

2 Likes

Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Topccy007z: 8:44am On May 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:
While they only pay 30K minimum wage (reluctantly)........

And this is truly and indeed a sh.it.hole................

It should be " while they are yet to pay 30k minimum wage...."
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by MartinsD12(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2019
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by cooljoe(m): 9:13am On May 15, 2019
Just find a way to get there or have one of your own get there or leave the country. God forbid
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On May 15, 2019
Ryan03:
They still dey argue am o, the increment when they do for police salary since november last year, they never still implement am. This people are just wicked

Haba...... I think say the almighty 30K Alat don dey land......
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On May 15, 2019
Topccy007z:

It should be " while they are yet to pay 30k minimum wage...."

The hell fire that awaits this politicians, shall not have a subsidy enabled PMS catalyst ..........
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by rkennyking(m): 9:36am On May 15, 2019
This thieves short change every other Nigerian. Every Nigerian is under paid except the politicians, Nigerian senator earn more than USA president while Nigerian doctor earn far lesser than their counterparts. This is a tragic situation
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by felaismyhero(m): 9:36am On May 15, 2019
backnbeta:
Shame on us all, for swallowing the insults and watching these mofos run us down with their systemized looting of our Commonwealth.
i prefer 'shame on our fathers and mothers for swallowing the insults and watching these mofos ...' i would rather commit suicide than live in this land and not take action.i hate hearing my dad and his workmates complain everyday about the state of the nation
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Impactever(m): 9:59am On May 15, 2019
NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS A FRAUD .....

How can you be giving a whooping #10 Million Naira Each as a welcome package to newly elected. .....Not as if it is even part of their monthly salary.....just to welcome them.....

Each legislator to receive #10M Naira......while the New Enbattled Nigerian Minimum wage is just 30k .....

So each legislator will collect an equivalent amount that is required to pay the minimum wages of 333 Nigerians.......just one man.

How on earth will such Nation progress ??

Our cost of governance is the highest in the world, ....yet we have the laziest leaders in the world.

sleeping and drama acting senators .....with empty brains ....bunch of useless and greedy people.

This Scam country called Nigeria just have to be splited into different sovereign nations ....let every region be on their own.....else we can't move forward.
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by felaismyhero(m): 10:13am On May 15, 2019
Twenty47:
OMG... So even their tour duty allowance per night is more than the minimum wage
SMH
can you imagine? they are the real problem of this country
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Ryan03(f): 10:26am On May 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Haba...... I think say the almighty 30K Alat don dey land......
For where? Most state are still saying they cannot pay it, federal government nor won start to pay, wether they dey wait for state (when still they argue) to start, i nor understand
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by felaismyhero(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Real EEDIOTS my brother
dont blame the voters;most are illiterates. the problem is educated people who have no knowledge that politics,not god or long grammar would change the nation!
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by backnbeta(f): 10:59am On May 15, 2019
felaismyhero:
i prefer 'shame on our fathers and mothers for swallowing the insults and watching these mofos ...' i would rather commit suicide than live in this land and not take action.i hate hearing my dad and his workmates complain everyday about the state of the nation
Agreed, the older generation failed us. But believe me, they didn't have it this rough! If they did, I guess they would've revolted. Unfortunately, it's our turn now, it's our comfort and future on the line, not theirs...for how long will our cowardice hold us back? We need to do something bro!
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Lexusgs430: 11:30am On May 15, 2019
Ryan03:
For where? Most state are still saying they cannot pay it, federal government nor won start to pay, wether they dey wait for state (when still they argue) to start, i nor understand

The thunder wey go fire this pipu, e still dey ekiti.......
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by felaismyhero(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2019
[/quote] while i have no issues with ibos having their own nation,dividing into regions will not solve the problem.if you finally get biafra,wouldnt it still be the current crop of ibo senators and governors that would still be the leaders? they are still the tribes most powerful people!
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by felaismyhero(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2019
backnbeta:

Agreed, the older generation failed us. But believe me, they didn't have it this rough! If they did, I guess they would've revolted. Unfortunately, it's our turn now, it's our comfort and future on the line, not theirs...for how long will our cowardice hold us back? We need to do something bro!
you are right.is there a party that canvasses for lesser wages for all public offices? joining such is the way to go! what do you think?
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by plaindealer: 1:33pm On May 15, 2019
This is why 75% of the National budget gets consumed in Abuja via recurrent expenditure and 25% for 200 million Nigeria.

This is why they cannot fund anything without borrowing.

This is why politics is a do or die affair in Nigeria.
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Reference(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2019
plaindealer:
This is why 75% of the National budget gets consumed in Abuja via recurrent expenditure and 25% for 200 million Nigeria.

This is why they cannot fund anything without borrowing.

This is why politics is a do or die affair in Nigeria.

Apt. Our structure is just self defeatist. We can never develop like this.
Re: 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 15, 2019
#10million naira welcome package chaiiiii shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol: NNPC Slashes Price For Marketers To Ease Scarcity / LGAs With The Highest FAAC Allocation In 8 Months / Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.