Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) (16652 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by AfroCynic: 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
Acting President Goodluck Jonathan has sent the list of the first batch of ministers to the Nigerian senate today. The list includes  names of 7 former ministers, a new economic czar, Olusegun Aganga, a managing director at Goldman Sachs in London and 16 others.

Some of the former ministers whose names were included are Godswill Orubebe, Adetokunbo Kayode, O. Ajumogobia, Mrs. Deziani Allison- Madueke, Fidelia Nzeze, Architect Nuhu Somo Way and others, some of the new names includes former student activist and deputy governor of Nassarawa State, Labaran Maku, Prof. M. K Abubakar (Kaduna) and others.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news/5609--olusegun-aganga-of-goldman-sachs-7-former-ministers-and-16-others-makes-first-batch-of-ministers.html
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
Except an Igbo or Rivers man occupies the oil ministry I will not be satisfied with the new appointments.

Oh sorry I forgot to add that an Igbo man also has to be minister of finance and defence.

Then and only then will all the years of our persecution be fully appeased. grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Godalone(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
Let us wait for the full list.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by DisGuy: 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
What else does she want to do in Govt? kitchen cabinet?

She would be very useful in Women Affairs and Development though
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by kosovo(m): 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
This is Good News. . . Dora should just have a break from Politics.

Maybe they are keeping her for EFCC/INEC chair. . .

Nigeria is full of surprises. . . .
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by fishaboi(m): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
true, let's wait and see.
@frosbel: how much appeasement did the appointment on General Ironsi's son to the Ministry of Defence bring to the Ibos?
all this ethnocentric insistence on certain portfolios takes us in only one direction: backwards.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by oderemo(m): 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
She would be very useful in Women Affairs and Development though
in the kitchen.
grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
kosovo:

My thoughts exactly! undecided
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

Except an Igbo or Rivers man occupies the oil ministry I will not be satisfied with the new appointments.

Oh sorry I forgot to add that an Igbo man also has to be minister of finance and defence.

Then and only then will all the years of our persecution be fully appeased. grin grin grin

Even if someone else could do it better in other tribe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by mezie4u(m): 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
We need people like Dora Akunyili in key positions for the country to move forward.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by kosovo(m): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
mezie4u:

We need people like Dora Akunyili in key positions for the country to move forward.
Sorry i don't think so . . . Dora is just a TOOL.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
kosovo:

Sorry i don't think so . . . Dora is just a TOOL.
What evidence do you have that Dora is just a tool?
Shey you like facts and evidence, Better make sure that any allegation you make is backed by Facts , figures and evidence oh. I am on you, You better ban me oh before you breathe. Its me and u on this land, every comment you make i will be behind asking for evidence
kosovo:

Oya Oya Evidence
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kosovo, Aisha has spoken.
She is on your behind like bees on beehive.

At Topic,
Make we dey see na.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by TippyTop(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

Then and only then will all the years of our persecution be fully appeased. 

Jonathan will be sending emissary to ask your opinion on who should be appointed to his cabinet.
But who does this jobless maggot think he is?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by OAM4J: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2010
Fingers crossed!

I will keep my comments till I see the full list & possibly find out who handles what.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by honeric01(m): 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
Waiting to see the final list.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dora again? Nigerians and short-term memory. . . na wa ooo lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
Maybe so she can be the mouthpiece of the govt once again telling lies to the world with their rebranding nonsense
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by kosovo(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
oh! aisha2 dear . .
I thought we had those issues settled already. .  hope you got my PM. .  C'mom cheesy grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by chosen04(f): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2010
kosovo:

This is Good News. . . Dora should just have a break from Politics. .

REAL GOOD NEWS.

Any list without AMEBO DORA is ok by me.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by loma(m): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Moderator,

What happened to my post on Segun Aganga?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by superboi(m): 6:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
I think he just saved dora d embarassment,senate would never clear her&they are some dude there(senate)who would be disappointed she not on the list for them to 'revenge'.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by OAM4J: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
I dont know where SR got its info. Reliable source in the senate just told me the list includes 18 former ministers. Will give breakdown later. not sure Dora included. But sure of the 18 figure.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Borat1: 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
Thats doing dora a favour. .
Its desperate times, and the only friends of honest people will be smoking guns
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Manutddude(m): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2010
Tippy Top:

Jonathan will be sending emissary to ask your opinion on who should be appointed to his cabinet.
But who da Zap does this jobless maggot think he is?
I think he's another eccentric ethnicist.
We're talkin about moving Nigeria forward not about some dumb marginalisation.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Manutddude(m): 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
OAM4J:

I dont know where SR got its info. Reliable source in the senate just told me the list includes 18 former ministers. Will give breakdown later. not sure Dora included. But sure of the 18 figure.

Are you sure of that? I hope Dora is in that list tho, wuld keep d 'CABAL' on their toes.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
Manutddude:

Are you sure of that? I hope Dora is in that list tho, wuld keep d 'CABAL' on their toes.

How? Is anyone of the Dora 'Explorer' supporters on here ever going to answer the question on how they expect her to do GOOD in any new major role when she failed WOEFULLY as Communication Minister and only supposedly switched sides/turned on her league some weeks ago?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by akwaowoudo(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
Nothing is wrong if Dora Akunyili takes rest. She has fought good fights and would be remembered for. Anywhere i am going to persuade Goodluck Jonathan to make her INEC boss.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by AfroCynic: 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
Funnily I do not want Dora. How can we appoint a card carrying member of a party to such a position? Besides Dora has too much gra gra, there needs to be a kinda subtlety to executing the position well.

I like her but I do not think she'd be appropriate.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by alexleo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
So whats Dora's sin? Because she said Power should move to Jonathan since Yaradua is incapacitated. Some comments here looks foolish. Even if she made a mistake in the way she went about it at first, didnt she tell us she was having sleepless nights for not telling the truth to Nigerians about Yaradua? But we all know that some positions in Nigeria are complicated to handle and people are here condemning her as is they themselves are saints. Thats quite unfair. Her name should be in that list though i know the senate might be waiting to undo her but one thing we should all bear in mind is that God is the one who holds our future in his hands and Dora cannot be swallowed by any human being.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

How? Is anyone of the Dora 'Explorer' supporters on here ever going to answer the question on how they expect her to do GOOD in any new major role when she failed WOEFULLY as Communication Minister and only supposedly switched sides/turned on her league some weeks ago?

I am one of her fans and I was disappointed not with her but with Yaradua for putting
her in a role that was totally unsuited for her.

Of course you might say, why would she accept a role that she should know she was not
qualified for?

Well, she is power hungry, perhaps overambitious and probably a tad deficient on the moral
side of things.

But you cannot deny her energy, energy that a few of our key ministries could
do with.

A portfolio like Works for example with a litany of unfulfilled contracts would be ideal for her.
Power perhaps too technical, but transport most definitely.

Juxtaposed with the thieving deadbeats who have formed cabinets in Nigeria for so long, I
will gladly take Dora anyday.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by suxes2005(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dora will be d new EFCC or INEC chair.

Take my words,

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Drunk Policeman Kills One In Lagos / National Assembly Election To Hold First, Presidential Holds Last – NASS Panel / Sanwo-olu Hails ‘enigmatic’ Tinubu At 71

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.