Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading (2399 Views)

Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank / Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant / Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by Beaf: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2010
[size=14pt]Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading[/size]

The multi-billion naira Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited (IVM) plant built  by Nnewi industrialist, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, OON, will be commissioned by President  Goodluck Jonathan on 15 October, 2010.

The official commissioning of the Nnewi plant is expected to usher in a new phase in the  nation’s auto industry, which has had a not-too-successful trajectory, with a good number  of the auto assembly companies established by government between the 1970s and the 1980s,  either dead or gasping for breath.

Only last week, the Minister of State toured the new Nnewi plant, where, by her own  admission, she was amazed by the courage displayed by Chief Chukwuma, the huge   investment so far made by the entrepreneur and the volume of production activities within  the complex.

“I am highly impressed with what is available here. Chief Chukwuma is an individual, but  doing what the government is supposed to do. The auto plant is a big plus in terms of  employment generation. The Chairman said that this place is only producing at 30 per cent  of its actual capacity. One wonders what will happen when it starts operating fully”

The minister also remarked that if more auto plants like Innoson’s are established in   the country, “the youths would smile and forget about unemployment. Chief Chukwuma’s  initiative is amazing and I think he needs to be encouraged”.

Mrs Tapgun said her visit which came about three weeks ahead of the expected  commissioning of the plant by President Jonathan, was due to the urge to see things for  herself and seek ways of supporting the project. “The intervention fund available for  industries is a huge relief for people like him. And I expect him to benefit from it,”  she enthused.

And If recent developments at Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited (IVM) are a  foretaste of what the future holds for the Nnewi-based auto plant, then it is well on the  way to becoming the corporate version of the biblical prophet that is respected more  abroad than at home.

[b]Though production is yet to gather full momentum, the plant and the vehicles that have so far rolled off the production lines have been attracting attention from the ECOWAS sub-regional markets, particular Ghana which last week sent a top-level delegation to Nnewi, to discuss business with the management of Innoson.

Led by the Deputy Minister for Transport, Madam Dzifa Aku Attivor, the visitors toured various sections of the auto plant (and briefly watched production in progress), the plastic-manufacturing sister company in Emene, Enugu, which supplies some of the vehicles’ parts and accessories, as well as a new tyre manufacturing company, General Tyres and Tubes Limited, also a member of the Innoson Group.

The Deputy Minister who repeatedly expressed how “very, very impressed” she was during the tour of the auto plant, said she and her team were on a fact- finding mission. She disclosed that they were in Nigeria to explore the possibility of not just introducing some of Innoson Group’s products to the Ghanaian market, but also setting up a similar auto plant in Ghana.[/b]
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/09/23/jonathan-to-open-innoson-auto-plant-as-ghana-comes-pleading/

Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by phraoh(m): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
This is a welcome development.We cant jes always wait on government to do things for us.
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
Does mallams were the people that messed the auto industry up in Nigeria ,starting from when peugeot automobile supported Shargari elections,today they are still assembling vechicles and not producing,its an added advantage to france and not Nigeria,i just wodered why they did that kind of nonsense agreement that did not benefit us.
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by xterra2(m): 12:40am On Sep 24, 2010
[size=13pt]Please are these made in Nigeria
Am Arguing with a friend here, i said yes he said no
[/size]
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by udezue(m): 12:48am On Sep 24, 2010
This what I like to see. Bravo!!!
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by OgidiBoy(m): 12:52am On Sep 24, 2010
xterra2:

[/size]

I maybe wrong, I think most of the parts are made elsewhere and assembled in Nnewi. Still it's a welcomed development for Anambra. Nnewi people are just too industrious, you never know one day just about anything will be made in Nnewi and Aba.
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by Beaf: 1:34am On Sep 24, 2010
xterra2:

[/size]

I believe we can answer yes to that. Some of the parts are imported, but there is no auto industry that doesn't import parts or engines e.g. Jaguar uses Ford engines and is owned by Tata.

Chief Chukwuma is indeed, a great blessing to Nigeria. Even those bad bele Ghanaians have seen that something incredible is going on in Nnewi and want a piece of tha action.
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by Arysexy(m): 4:13am On Sep 24, 2010
They import the enjines, but the tire, bumper, etc are made in nigeria, the body is fabricated in nigeria, there are foreigners and nigerians working at the plant. the man is really trying.
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by WilyWily5: 9:46am On Sep 24, 2010
This is good development,
As a middleman, Comparing these two tribes.
You seeee why Igbos are Superior race and Yorubas race inferior.
These shows that Igbos are national builders while Yorubas are national Looter, Thieves, Bank Fraudster. Good for nothing people, Spreading killer bacterias with their Dirtiness
show them the vault of any bank, next day it goes empty.
Yoruba people una get dis type of brain wey Igbo get? why nay only Loot Loot, Thief Thief una sabii.
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2010
Wily+Wily:

These shows that Igbos are national builders while Yorubas are national Looter, Thieves, Bank Fraudster. Good for nothing people, Spreading killer bacterias with their Dirtiness
Yoruba people una get dis type of brain wey Igbo get? why nay only Loot Loot, Thief Thief una sabii.

What has this got to do with yoruba ?
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by chukxy: 9:59am On Sep 24, 2010
@Wily+Wily , why can't we just say our opinion about things without sounding tribalistic. For crying out aloud, we are mature enough to know that this tribal bigotry will not lead us any where and again we are not giving good example for those looking at us as their role models.
Re: Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading by kawazaki(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2010
Wily+Wily:

We need more psychiatrists in Nigeria . There are more People like this all over Naija

(1) (Reply)

Electric Security Power Fence Engineer 08061172860 / I Need Your Sincere Ideas. I Need To Invest This N20k / Free Websites For All Businesses And Startups - Website Week Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.