Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years (25115 Views)

6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / 53-Year-Old Lady Who Got Married In 2014 Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by Sterope(f): 9:17am On May 16, 2019
Some of them are forced. Some don't even know that is wrong. Some if not most belong to some crazy Christian denominations.

phelonrays:
people like you don't care to read the contents but they rather focused only on the headline.....

those children there married because or with the help of "legal loopholes" which is very much accepted there in the US......

they are not being taken by one 83 year old Alhaji as a knacking machine....... they are not forced to get married rather it's through their mutual and parental consent; not the other way round as we see in your region...

try to understand what the massage is.... before spilling your ill informed brain to the world...

*SPITS*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by mvem(m): 9:33am On May 16, 2019
QueenVaji:

Go and sleep... U are a very jobless individual...
Killing a fellow human being is a huge crime... Buh when a crimal is killed by the authorities for punishment you can also call it killing i guess... Buh then
...I don't understand what you mean....what part of my writing are you addressing ....I just wrote about the case of USA and them seen as good example most times....I don't understand what you are saying now .....probably I was misunderstood
Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by lafex: 9:58am On May 16, 2019
phelonrays:
people like you don't care to read the contents but they rather focused only on the headline.....

those children there married because or with the help of "legal loopholes" which is very much accepted there in the US......

they are not being taken by one 83 year old Alhaji as a knacking machine....... they are not forced to get married rather it's through their mutual and parental consent; not the other way round as we see in your region...

try to understand what the massage is.... before spilling your ill informed brain to the world...

*SPITS*
This is nothing but nonsense of the highest order
Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by NaMeAboki: 10:29am On May 16, 2019
phelonrays:

*SPITS*

Yes there are legal loopholes; however, if you had read carefully you have observed that there are states (e.g. New Jersey) unwilling to plug these loopholes even when given the opportunity to do so - citing conflict with religious customs.

In May, the high-profile Republican governor for New Jersey declined to sign into law a measure that would have made his state the first to ban child marriage without exception. Chris Christie claimed it would conflict with religious customs.

If you care to google you would find that there are Christian religious groups such as Mormons and Amish who also practice polygamy and child marriages between adults in America of today.

If we return to Nigeria, you may be surprised to find out that the incidence of child marriages in the north is not as frequent as you are making it out to be; neither is it confined to the said region alone, because there are cultures in the SE (Ebonyi and Anambra) and the SS (Rivers) where girls as young as 10 yrs are being given out in forced marriages to men old enough to be their grandfathers - in case of the latter, these brides (in Becheve culture) are usually sold out to these men to offset family debts.

1 Like

Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by Samunique(m): 10:36am On May 16, 2019
Dewisedick:
US was Christian country. Now Islamic people are leading everywhere. They born children like rat as part of their strategy to take over the world. Every law in the US presently is done to favor they. So they will soon take over US, Make Christians sit down and watch like fools.

Christians claim they are not of this world but they are in the world now. When they die they where no that heaven is not because you claim you are a Christian.
So what do u what us to do ?

To stop them (Muslims) from breeding rats ?

To start breeding like rats as they do ?

To wage war against them ?

To stop their emigration ?

What do u want us to do ?

Maybe it's high time we focused on the preaching of the gospel rather than making mountains out of moulds !!!
Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by Nuklex(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2019
nepapole:

I read the content. There have been times that teenagers got married to themselves here with parent's consent and they still got bashed.
I am not from the North sir. Thank you
I'm sure you're not from the south either
Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 11:20am On May 16, 2019
suratwo62:

Why 18? Please explain
It's the law, it's believe that from 18 n above u are old enough to know what wrong n right for you.
Re: More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years by Abkreizi: 3:20pm On May 16, 2019
suratwo62:

My guy bleep different from marriage. Many young girls like and agree to marry older men

yeah sure like the old men just want to chat with them and drink iced tea with fruit cakes and braid their hair.... what else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

14 Year Old Boy Jailed For Killing Step Mother's Chicken / What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / How To Make Vegetable Soup With Bitter Leaves And Water Leaves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.