Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

What Is Bokeh Mode And How Does It Works ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Bokeh Mode And How Does It Works ? (464 Views)

Bokeh Mode That Celebrity Use To Take Pictures / Bokeh Mode Is Better Than Iphone Portrait Mode / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Bokeh Mode And How Does It Works ? by felasey1(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2019
From where did this name come from?

Bokeh, by origin, is taken from the Japanese word “ボケ” which simply means blur and should be read as bo-ke. It has been derived to discuss the aesthetic quality of the Out Of Focus (OOF) area in a picture. Bokeh is usually used as an effect to draw attention to one thing in the photo. However, the effect is also used as a cool trick to play with brightness and lights.

What does the Bokeh mode do?

Bokeh mode will try to do several kinds of stuff when we push the trigger on a camera or try to manually focus on our smartphones which are as follows:

Set aperture to as low number as possible (e.g. Lens wide open)-this is to obtain a minimal depth of field (to know what is a depth of field, keep on reading), so that subject is in focus while the background is blurred.

Set color processing to emphasize natural tones for human skin.

Set sharpening to low or disable it completely, little softening is required or preferred to hide skin imperfections.

Enable automatic flash to brighten up the subject if necessary.

How does the bokeh mode actually work?

In photography, Bokeh is the term to define how much the background is blurring and what the qualitative aspects of blurriness are. To better understand the bokeh mode, firstly we should know what the Depth Of Field is.

Let’s say, I had set my camera on the aperture f1.8 or f2.0 and focussed on a particular thing so, from that point, some distance front and some distance back will appear clear in the camera (say 1-2 foot). And rest of the background will go Out Of Focus (OOF) which will appear as a blur for us. So the total distance where the subject appears clear for the viewer is called as Depth Of Field (DOF).

The DOF is totally dependent on the aperture of the lens. As we know that, less the value of aperture more the lens will widely open. In the same way, the value of aperture is directly proportional to the DOF it means less the value of aperture more the lens will widely open, less will be the DOF and more clear will be your picture which will provide you the realistic and unique photographic experience. But there is one catch. Less the aperture value has maximum chances for the subject to go out of focus if disturbed. For e.g., if f1.4 aperture lens is focused on me means the lens is widely opened then if I moved a little bit from my place, I will be out of focus. But its chances are very less.

I hope you had understood all about the bokeh mode and now you can make a wise and a perfect choice while buying your new smartphone for photography or camera.
For more check here
http: //infinix.club/ng/forum/604/1225183

(1) (Reply)

Phone Repair / Affordable Tablets Pc With A Detachable Keyboard For Sale / Get Ur Various Laptops, Laptops Accessories And Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.