Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho (12688 Views)

Zidane, Potter, Pochettino And The Managers Who Could Replace Tuchel At Chelsea / Managers Who Could Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At Man United / 5 World-class Managers Who Rejected Top Job At Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by ogbiwa: 8:53am On May 16, 2019
Jose Mourinho says "nice guy" football managers can end up becoming a "puppet" at their club.

The former Manchester United manager was sacked in December and replaced by interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before the Norwegian's appointment was made permanent three months later.

"I don't want to be the nice guy," Mourinho told L'Equipe.

"Because the nice guy, after three months, is a puppet and that doesn't end well."

He added: "When you are almost alone, in that you don't have the support of the club close to you, while certain players go somewhat against the coach, who is the nice guy?"

Former United striker Solskjaer, 46, enjoyed 10 wins in his first 11 games in charge at Old Trafford, but that form dipped dramatically after he took on the role long-term in March.

The Old Trafford side won just two of their last nine league games and finished sixth in the table, outside the Champions League positions.

Mourinho, who guided United to second in the league in 2017-18 season, insists that was his "greatest achievement" at the club and that now "people understand".

In his interview with the French newspaper, he said: "When I say that the second season was fantastic, I say it because the potential and the objectives were met.

"I really squeezed, like an orange, to achieve them."

The 56-year-old Portuguese coach also says the "organisation and ambition" at Old Trafford are part of the club's problems, and that the difficulties did not lie solely with players such as France midfielder Paul Pogba.

Former Chelsea and Real Madrid boss Mourinho and the 26-year-old World Cup winner were regularly reported as having a strained relationship, which included a training ground spat at the start of this season.

"The problems are there: you can say that these are the players, the organisation, the ambition," Mourinho said.

"I only say that I cannot say 'yes' when you ask if Paul was the only one responsible."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48292160

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by GentleMoney: 12:37pm On May 16, 2019
grin

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by exlinklodge: 12:38pm On May 16, 2019
True talk

Ya
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by Yankiss(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2019
Frankly speaking. You have to man up and step on toes to be reckoned with. If the snake does not behave like of snakes people take it for a rope. This is not about football management alone. It is universally applicable.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by fajesito(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2019
My Reaction as Liverpool fan when I see a news that has to do with Man Utd

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by Starboytwo(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2019
Ehn tuale , baba agbalagba......the destroyer of team unity, chief cause trouble of world football, coach wey dey hug limelight, coach wey camera dey carry pass player...

You can't help but love him....Jose "onijangban" Mourinho...(gbefun)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by philipstanley(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2019
I hear
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by chudez0147(m): 12:39pm On May 16, 2019
Not just managers ,
It also happens in our everyday life ...

8 Likes

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by IamPatriotic(m): 12:40pm On May 16, 2019
The nice guy is always in silent pains

4 Likes

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by chukwuibuipob: 12:50pm On May 16, 2019
sad Man UTD gamble and failed big time.Why replaced MOU with dat Ole guy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by blackslayer: 12:55pm On May 16, 2019
nothing wrong with being the nice guy, however you have to be selectively nice and know when to be brutal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by Bojack(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2019
true talk
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by cr7lomo: 1:02pm On May 16, 2019
U that is not a puppet... did it end well in ur last 3 clubs??
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2019
This is a dig at Solksjaer. But it's true

2 Likes

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by Randy100: 1:07pm On May 16, 2019
I refuse to be a nice guy. If you hurt me be rest assured that I will hurt you 40 times. Being nice is a weakness.
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by tosinosam(m): 1:23pm On May 16, 2019
I was a nice guy all through until I saw myself as Dundee united getting inner pain though I still reserve some,I be baddd guy nau with little things bringing out d nice part of me
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by Mishhcre(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2019
United will still get it right.
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by Neddstark: 1:49pm On May 16, 2019
Mou was the best coach we had after Fergie. As a Man Utd fan, next season would avoid betting for Man UTd to win.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by sammyj: 2:12pm On May 16, 2019
grin grin grin grin Paul must leave Man U along with other average players that played below average!!! shocked shocked
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 16, 2019
I just wish the team could be fully reshuffled
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by BizBayo: 3:41pm On May 16, 2019
I just like this man ideology and philosophy. I use his football philosophies in my daily living. I deal with issues pragmatically based on his approach to football matches.
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by pat077: 4:18pm On May 16, 2019
The controversial one is at it again
Re: Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho by olumalcolm(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2019
The best mind game player i hv eva seen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heartland Relegated For First Time In The History Of Nigeria Football League / Some Clubs Owe 1.8 Billion Euros - PSG President / Football Tips And Picks By Pecheli's Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.