Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

NDDC Partners Ondo Govt. To Fight Lassa Fever - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NDDC Partners Ondo Govt. To Fight Lassa Fever (378 Views)

UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) / Lassa Fever Critics Leave Ebonyi State Government Alone / Lassa Fever Kills 2 Doctors In Ebonyi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NDDC Partners Ondo Govt. To Fight Lassa Fever by joshuaakindele7(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2019
The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is now collaborating with the Ondo State Government to fight the spread of Lassa fever in the state.

The NDDC Medical Personnel, who are already in the state, are expected to work directly with the officials of the State Ministry of Health and the Local Government Chairmen.

Deputy Governor of Ondo State, Hon. Agboola Alfred Ajayi, who spoke on behalf of the State Government while receiving NDDC officials at the Governor's office, Alagbaka in Akure, said the state government sought the support of the commission because it's believed that the disease is more deadly than Ebola.

He said "presently we do not have vaccines to cure this lassa fever and it is the duty of the government to ensure this disease is eradicated in our society.

Ajayi pledged the cooperation of the government for the commission in the fight against lassa fever in the state.

According to the Deputy Governor, "the presence of the chairmen of the local governments caretaker committees at this occasion signaled the determination of the state to take the fight to the grassroots.

"I can assure you that our chairmen here will go back to their respective councils and get prepared for the consultants that will move in with them. They will work closely with them and anything they need, they should be able to provide especially in the area of security, conducive environment for then to operate and carry out their sensitization without molestation of any kind'.

Ajayi, however lauded the NDDC for its intervention programmes in the state which include the ongoing road project that would link the state with Lekki, Lagos State.

The Director of Education, Health and Social Services of the commission, Okejoto Gochua, in his remarks said the commission is donating some items to the State Government.

He diclosed that the items include two ambulances, Hilux and Lassa Fever protective kits.

He hinted that the commission through its consultants would also engage in educating the populace on the scourge.

"It is the wish of the NDDC to support the government and people of Ondo and Edo States with the donation of Lassa Fever protective kits, ambulances, Hilux and by conducting sensitization and advocacy programmes against this deadly disease. This support aims to complement the state government's efforts in the fight against lassa virus to prevent further spread of the disease', he said.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Partners Ondo Govt. To Fight Lassa Fever by jbblues24(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2019
I like your shot dude
Re: NDDC Partners Ondo Govt. To Fight Lassa Fever by jbblues24(m): 8:57am On May 27, 2019
Oh, a storm is threat'ning My very life today If I don't get some shelter Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away.

(1) (Reply)

Youth Movement Of Oko Oba Agege Begins Monthly Environmental Sanitation Exercise / Any Android App For Measuring BP? / Rosehip Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.