Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada (11585 Views)

"Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / My Sad And Funny Lagos Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by FemiOtawa: 11:16pm On May 16, 2019
A popular you-tube Vlogger shared his thoughts and sad experiences of himself and other international students studying and residing in Canada. He highlighted several forms of depressions Nigerians in Canadian Universities are battling with. He complained bitterly that Nigerian Students are facing a lot of pressures in the country. "Many students here gets high and drunk, just to pass away stress,depression and pains they are going true" He said.

He further shared his thought about his experience in Canada, were student have a lot of bills, having to sort out for funds to finance the outrageous school fees of Canadian Universities. He said: "Theses are just some of my thoughts on the day to day life in Canada. I’ve talked with many people and they experience these things too. Some students commuted suicide in The university of Toronto and in VIU - Vancouver Island University in British Columbia witnessed a suicide by a student recently too"

Watch video:

https://www.femiotawa.com/2019/05/canada-is-sad-and-depressing-true-life.html

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Babysnow1: 11:20pm On May 16, 2019
God help us all...
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Beautyaddy: 11:25pm On May 16, 2019
Yeah, whatever!! undecided

Nobody is putting a gun to their heads to force those students to continue staying in Canada.

They can go back to Nigeria where they feel they will not be depressed or sad na

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by banty: 12:30am On May 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Nobody is putting a gun to their heads to force those students to continue staying in Canada.

They can go back to Nigeria where they feel they will not be depressed or sad na

So they should come back to this monumental mess? A zoo called a nation..

11 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by goodnewscliff(m): 4:37am On May 17, 2019
rubbish post

4 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by femidejulius(m): 6:54am On May 17, 2019
I'd rather go to Canada than stay in this hell

16 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by AngelicBeing: 7:09am On May 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hian grin
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by jesmond3945: 7:55am On May 17, 2019
femidejulius:
I'd rather go to Canada than stay in this hell
canada might be more hell than nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Ocon: 8:14am On May 17, 2019
If someone call Canadian university fee outrageous, I wonder what such person will call Australian University fee

15 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by estyvino(m): 8:36am On May 17, 2019
If you no get money, why you go go abroad go study.

They invest money in education, so don't expect it to be all that cheap.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by dustydee: 9:22am On May 17, 2019
Outrageous fees? Didn't they know what the fees were before they applied?
If they fund it too stressful to the point of considering self harm, they should move elsewhere or seek professional help.

11 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Temple1288(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2019
Getting out of Nigeria is the principal thing; therefore get a Visa; and with all thy getting get money! I mean have money and never consider Nigeria better than Canada....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Hadampson(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2019
jesmond3945:
canada might be more hell than nigeria.

Funniest comment ever grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Oskydaniellyyy: 12:17pm On May 17, 2019
Ocon:
If someone call Canadian university fee outrageous, I wonder what such person will call Australian University fee

Nigerians are hypocrites. When they are showing tens of millions of naira in the account to apply for the visa.

That is why the rejection rate is so high to the extent that the Canada visa process of study permit in Nigeria is very uncertain . US, new Zealand, UK ,Ireland and Australia schools are more expensive than Canada .

Look for cheaper schools in Canada to apply to and go to free tuition schools in Europe.

When Canada denied me, I just shift my attention to scadinavians. The visa and admission are very easier compare to Canada, life is also more relax there.

This depression is getting too much for international students from Africa.

My God help us.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Beautyaddy: 2:08pm On May 17, 2019
banty:

So they should come back to this monumental mess? A zoo called a nation..

lol!...millions of patriotic Nigerians are still living in that so-called zoo nation(Nigeria) and some are doing quite well and have no plans on living anywhere else cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by rex444(m): 2:14pm On May 17, 2019
A better hell of a place
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 17, 2019
Truth is everywhere is messed up.... Gone are the days when overseas feels like greener pasture.... Nowadays everywhere is shit... But the Shit over there is better than Hell over here

So before you open book of lamentations you know what u were getting urself into before you left here... Just find means to overcome Ur depression

6 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by dguyindcorner(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

Nigerians are hypocrites. When they are showing tens of millions of naira in the account to apply for the visa.

That is why the rejection rate is so high to the extent that the Canada visa process of study permit in Nigeria is very uncertain . US, new Zealand, UK ,Ireland and Australia schools are more expensive than Canada .

Look for cheaper schools in Canada to apply to and go to free tuition schools in Europe.

When Canada denied me, I just shift my attention to scadinavians. The visa and admission are very easier compare to Canada, life is also more relax there.

My God help us.

Can you be more specific about the scadinavians you switched to?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by chidekings(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2019
kallmemrB:
Truth is everywhere is messed up.... Gone are the days when overseas feels like greener pasture.... Nowadays everywhere is shit... But the Shit over there is better than Hell over here

So before you open book of lamentations you know what u were getting urself into before you left here... Just find means to overcome Ur depression
This is truth,every country nowadays is messed up,just that some are more messed up than others.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 17, 2019
chidekings:

This is truth,every country nowadays is messed up,just that some are more messed up than others.
the guy in the video looks really tired and exhausted.. Like life is been sucked outta him... He's just keeping on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Mizwisdom(f): 4:29pm On May 17, 2019
Hope he's not talking to Nigerians, they'll soon get angry and start abusing his ancestors.
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by sweetmelanin(f): 4:33pm On May 17, 2019
The sad truth is that the grace for moving abroad is GONE.

Those who are enjoying abroad now are the children of immigrants who moved in the 1990s . Some of these millenials now hold dual citizenship and are accustomed to both ways of life. They can visit Nigeria as they please and yet enjoy the privileges of a US/UK/EU/Canadian passport. They have solid roots abroad as they grew up there (childhood friends, family members around etc..)

New immigrants will definitely struggle as it's easier to be depressed in a country where you have no roots.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Beautyaddy: 5:36pm On May 17, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Hope he's not talking to Nigerians, they'll soon get angry and start abusing his ancestors.

Funny!

Nigerians are not the only people migrating to Canada for school.

The likes of Indians, Asians and Middle Eastern people are migrating in hundred numbers to Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by TheRealOwner(m): 8:57pm On May 17, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

My God help us.
Did Scandinavia accept you
Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Ohraykon: 9:37pm On May 17, 2019
Other countries dey now nawa to dem o

1 Like

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Ugosample(m): 12:59am On May 18, 2019
sweetmelanin:

Those who are enjoying abroad now are the children of immigrants who moved in the 1990s . Some of these millenials now hold dual citizenship and are accustomed to both ways of life. They can visit Nigeria as they please and yet enjoy the privileges of a US/UK/EU/Canadian passport. They have solid roots abroad as they grew up there (childhood friends, family members around etc..)

New immigrants will definitely struggle as it's easier to be depressed in a country where you have no roots.

it's expected for immigrants to struggle at first
the descendants of such immigrants will not suffer much as they did

You don't expect to leave behind your failed third world $hithole dump and just adjust and fit in like that

Struggles will be there

But you can overcome

FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR DESCENDANT

4 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by Saintsquare(m): 7:07am On May 18, 2019
sweetmelanin:

best comment so far

1 Like

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by SIRTee15: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
sweetmelanin:

The reality is the gap in socioeconomic status btw developed n emerging economies has narrowed recently.....
Therefore, the euphoria of living abroad has lost the fantasy n taste it formerly enjoyed....
Nowadays u can choose to live in naija n still enjoy the life n comfort any developed country has to offer, so long u making good money....
It's very much possible for someone who grew up in a middle class family in naija to regret relocating abroad if the new country doesn't meet his/her expectation....
It's also possible for your standard of living to drop if u end up working low income job overseas....
People relocating should really sit down n know exactly what to expect, b4 embarking on the journey lest it turn to regret.....

The days of travelling out just because u want to elevate your social status is gone.....
Travelling abroad needs careful n structured planning if u have to succeed....

The situation wasn't much different in the 90s for african migrants.....
It wasn't like they had it easier or climbed the economy ladder faster....
but the quality of life n standard of living btw developed n 3rd world countries was just too wide n non-comparable in any way, that returning home was never an option for those migrants....
Rather they accepted their fate n worked hard, so their kids can benefit from their sacrifice....
And for most, it did pay off.....

Most recent migrants already have bread, butter, tea n egg for breakfast.....
they just hoping by travelling out, they could get some mushroom, toast, n bacon to make a complete breakfast....
When it turns out that the ones they fomerly enjoy is taken off the table....
Their case becomes like that of the op.....

11 Likes

Re: Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada by generationz(f): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

My God help us.

Which country and school?
How much is the school fee ?
Whats the process?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

LRU Training For Aircraft Emergencies (Photos From Their Simulation Exercise) / How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport / I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.