Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) (35669 Views)

You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses / See Filthy Obalende Bus-stop (PHOTOS) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Jancy606(f): 3:29pm On May 21, 2019
Sometimes i wonder if we are really moving forward as a country.
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2019
bunches of bullshit
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Chinashopping84: 3:29pm On May 21, 2019
Hmmmm.That's naija for you.This is called eko for show.we ship from China to Nigeria at a very lower rate.check my signa
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Toseenlove: 3:30pm On May 21, 2019
I remembered the day I was heading to V.Island and boarded one of these rickety buses at Oshodi Terminal due to the Unavailability of the Normal BRT buses In the morning, The sit I sat on doesn't have any cushion on It again. Unknown to me there was a sharp nail In between the chair, When I got to my destination and stood up.....Naso I hear pree for my Jean cheiiii my favourite authentic Jean Ooh lol. Thank God the damage wasn't much. Since then I've Vowed not to board these useless buses again.

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 21, 2019
I always carry a mini hand sanitizer in my bag all the time. You'll be surprised how grown-ups pick their noses all the time and are quick to offer you a handshake with same hand.
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Angelfrost(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2019
HospitalityDiva:
Molue is Back.

A painted monkey will always be a monkey... No matter what strides you take in developing Lagos, given time the mainland sons of anger will still find a way to return things to DEFAULT settings.

1 Like

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 3:34pm On May 21, 2019
If you don't like the rules of the game, take your ball to another playing ground!
Buy your car or charter an Uber! In a place where population is dense, what do you expect?
I have taken note that any Ambode's project mentioned will be subjected to ridicule.
He brought buses, they said they are inferior.
He built overhead bridges, they compared with Ebonyi.
Every thing he does, they criticize, why?
They throw dirty everywhere and criticize Lagos at the same time. There are waste management companies that carry refuse at people's gates but they refused to patronize them.
The same persons are criticizing Ambode for the dirtiness of Lagos.
Na wa for una o! E go soon rest for una.
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Oseghaefrank: 3:41pm On May 21, 2019
Celestyn8213:
Wear hand gloves. Prevention is better than cure.
please don’t forget to always take hands sanitizer with you when leaving home.my simple advice
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by frowland(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2019
[s]
AutoJoshNG:
A bus handrail is a device that is designed to be grasped by the hand to provide stability or support for standing bus passengers during transit.

Handrails are common in large urban public transport such as buses or train.

Handrails in high-capacity mass transit buses are useful for standing passengers, especially during rush hours.

However, in Lagos, the unsanitary condition of handrails in buses is a major cause for concern.

Just like the buses, the handrails exhibit visible signs of filthiness.

With their appearances, it is doubtful that these handrails have ever been cleaned since the buses were purchased.

Such an unhygienic condition could lead to the outbreak of an epidemic.

In Lagos, whose responsibility is it to regulate the sanitary condition of commercial buses?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/these-filthy-handrails-in-lagbuses-can-cause-an-epidermic-photos/

[/s]

Come is it only Lagos State that's in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by ibkayee(f): 3:42pm On May 21, 2019
Not a fan of public transport in general
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 3:46pm On May 21, 2019
The one that just picked his nose with his fingers
The one that just jerked off and wiped his cum on his clothes
The one that took a shít without washing his hands
The one that just blew catarrh from his nose without washing his hands
The one that scratched his yansh
The one that peed and had some urine drop on his fingers
all of them would touch the same hand rails

1 Like

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Originalsly: 3:58pm On May 21, 2019
Germs do not thrive well on iron/steel. We should be more mindful of germs when we use ATM machines/keyboards at work which have proven to harbor more germs than a public toilet seat. After all... if we think of it... the person that gigs his nose...wipe his ass and doesn't wash after...and all the unsanitary stuff people do... they use their fingers... which they use to ping. Holding the rail...mainly the palm of the hand is used.
Whatever the case.... if we should wash our hands there should be no fear of contracting /spreading germs. Dirty rails?...a reminds der for us to wash our hands.

2 Likes

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by drmistng: 3:58pm On May 21, 2019
Get rid of germs, virus and diseases that are contacted in public places by seeing our post at https://www.nairaland.com/drmistng/posts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by akigbemaru: 4:47pm On May 21, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
A bus handrail is a device that is designed to be grasped by the hand to provide stability or support for standing bus passengers during transit.

Handrails in high-capacity mass transit buses are useful for standing passengers, especially during rush hours.

However, in Lagos, the unsanitary condition of handrails in buses is a major cause for concern.

With their appearances, it is doubtful that these handrails have ever been cleaned since the buses were purchased.

In Lagos, whose responsibility is it to regulate the sanitary condition of commercial buses?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/these-filthy-handrails-in-lagbuses-can-cause-an-epidermic-photos/

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by AndikanEssien(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2019
Jaytecq:
[s]Welcome[color=#000000][/color] to Lagos[/s] This is Lagos
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by xaggar(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2019
incogni2o:

The Top is like the floor

That's why it's called the "TOP-FLOOR".
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 21, 2019
Lagos is too overcrowded and overwhelmed, Igbos need to go back to Biafra and build their own civilisation.

1 Like

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by almarthins(m): 8:45pm On May 21, 2019
HospitalityDiva:
Molue is Back.
I tell u... My brother
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Yankiss(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Source:

Refurbished molue!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:05am On May 22, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

Source:

I am never moved by new things or new projects in Nigeria.Why?Because we score a fat ZERO in maintainance.I remember in 2008 when these buses were introduced with fanfare and crazy hype.Just 11 years ago!Now see how terrible they all look!Back to Molue level.In the UK some of those double decker buses are 30 years old and older.Why wont there be bacteria all over the handrails?Does anybody care to wash the buses?The drivers handle them with so much anger you will think the buses offended them personally.I am being pushed to conclude that we cannot manage ourselves as human beings.Maybe the British should come back or something.Government cannot manage the little things.Its so sad.
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:07am On May 22, 2019
Freedem:
Lagos is too overcrowded and overwhelmed, Igbos need to go back to Biafra and build their own civilisation.
So that is all you can take away from this story?
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:10am On May 22, 2019
Originalsly:
Germs do not thrive well on iron/steel. We should be more mindful of germs when we use ATM machines/keyboards at work which have proven to harbor more germs than a public toilet seat. After all... if we think of it... the person that gigs his nose...wipe his ass and doesn't wash after...and all the unsanitary stuff people do... they use their fingers... which they use to ping. Holding the rail...mainly the palm of the hand is used.
Whatever the case.... if we should wash our hands there should be no fear of contracting /spreading germs. Dirty rails?...a reminds der for us to wash our hands.
There are plastic grooves on the handrails.The germ does not need to thrive there.It only has to live long enough to move from one hand to another.Dont tell me you are so filth-friendly that you are ok with even the way it looks?Is it ok for you?
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Psoul(m): 8:29am On May 22, 2019
The Yorubas are used to such things/conditions and their systems accept it as bn normal. Therefore, it will not harm them.
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Originalsly: 10:17am On May 22, 2019
Psoul:

The Yorubas are used to such things/conditions and their systems accept it as bn normal. Therefore, it will not harm them.

Hmmm.....I'm almost sure you're from Aba.
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by Psoul(m): 10:59am On May 22, 2019
Originalsly:

Hmmm.....I'm almost sure you're from Aba.

Is it paining you?
How is Ajegunle this morning, bros grin grin grin grin
Re: These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) by skylowlow: 10:52pm On May 25, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
The one that just picked his nose with his fingers
The one that just jerked off and wiped his cum on his clothes
The one that took a shít without washing his hands
The one that just blew catarrh from his nose without washing his hands
The one that scratched his yansh
The one that peed and had some urine drop on his fingers
all of them would touch the same hand rails

Who are you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Water Tanker Crushes Okada Rider's Head In Ibadan (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / Lagos Flood: Canoes Used As Transportation Means In Owode Elede, Írawo, Ájegunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.