Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses (2368 Views)

These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS) / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by guidefreak(m): 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
With the new addition to Lagos buses, the metro city might just be taking the shape we would all love. Recently there has been a release of new buses at Lagos bus terminals and some of these buses come with a smooth payment system. Commuters can now get a FREE LAGOS TRAVEL CARD, load in some money, and use it whenever they want to get on the bus. It’s as simple as that.

So, basically, once you have money on your card, you just need to walk into the next bus loading, and tap-in to here the welcome sound from the machine. These new Lagos buses makes commuting hassle free. Users don’t necessarily have to hold cash as long as their card is loaded.

How Can I Get the Travel Card for Lagos Buses?
The card is available to users at different bus terminals and loading points. It’s also FREE, but you will have to load some money on it as a first time user.

What information is required?
Continue Reading: https://guidefreak.com/you-can-now-tap-in-and-tap-out-of-lagos-buses/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by vickyfrancis1(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
very nice... just like the Western world.
Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by darfay: 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
Someone has to be there to monitor it else Nigerians would abuse it.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by Kusheer(m): 3:27am On Aug 23, 2020
I think the government is trying his best
Since fashola left the tenure no other government can perform what he did to Lagos
The rest are glutton
Bleep governor Bleep president

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by DarrrkMatter: 9:44am On Aug 26, 2020
darfay:
Someone has to be there to monitor it else Nigerians would abuse it.

you probably don't live in Lagos
Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by scofield76: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
Did I just read that the card is supposed to be free!?
I was at Abule Egba terminal yesterday and they were selling the cards at N400 each, without credit. You load whatever amount you want after buying the card at the rate of N400
The vendor selling the card was stationed at the back of the buses, out of public view.
Other workers direct you to the vendor, hidden from public view
I witnessed this myself, not dem-say

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by DisGuy: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
Does it accept Google Pay or other NFC apart from Lagos Card>?
Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Now, this is nice. I hope Lagos people maintain it sha.
Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by nitrogen(m): 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2020
scofield76:
Did I just read that the card is supposed to be free!?
I was at Abule Egba terminal yesterday and they were selling the cards at N400 each, without credit. You load whatever amount you want after buying the card at the rate of N400
The vendor selling the card was stationed at the back of the buses, out of public view.
Other workers direct you to the vendor, hidden from public view
I witnessed this myself, not dem-say

Oya, go on their website and report what you saw. I believe something will be done about it. That's how we should always act. Dont just complain about it, report it!

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by scofield76: 1:37am On Aug 27, 2020
nitrogen:

Oya, go on their website and report what you saw. I believe something will be done about it. That's how we should always act. Dont just complain about it, report it!
Link to their website biko
Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by Horus(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIWy8mALwAo

Lagos BRT Goes Cashless With Cowry Card

The Managing Director of Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA), Abimbola Akinajo has disclosed that fare collection on bus services offered by Primero Transport Services Limited, will from henceforth be through the use of the State Travel card known as Cowry Card.
Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by AlphaStyles(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
guidefreak:
With the new addition to Lagos buses, the metro city might just be taking the shape we would all love. Recently there has been a release of new buses at Lagos bus terminals and some of these buses come with a smooth payment system. Commuters can now get a FREE LAGOS TRAVEL CARD, load in some money, and use it whenever they want to get on the bus. It’s as simple as that.

So, basically, once you have money on your card, you just need to walk into the next bus loading, and tap-in to here the welcome sound from the machine. These new Lagos buses makes commuting hassle free. Users don’t necessarily have to hold cash as long as their card is loaded.

How Can I Get the Travel Card for Lagos Buses?
The card is available to users at different bus terminals and loading points. It’s also FREE, but you will have to load some money on it as a first time user.

What information is required?
Continue Reading: https://guidefreak.com/you-can-now-tap-in-and-tap-out-of-lagos-buses/
I for like if Seyi Makinde bring this stuff come Ibadan
Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by manneger2: 3:03am On Mar 31, 2021
DarrrkMatter:

you probably don't live in Lagos
What do u mean he don't live in Lagos, the guy is right people can actually abuse it and don't swipe their card when entering, and this also happens all over the world, so they have to look out for people that don't swipe thier card while entering.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Tap-in & Tap-out Of Lagos Buses by Cousin9999: 4:54am On Mar 31, 2021
Niiice.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa. / Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc / 10 Most Hospitable African Cities To Visit (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.