Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Should I Forgive Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Forgive Him? (1403 Views)

Should I Forgive Her? / How Do I Forgive Him? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Forgive Him? by extremelygolden: 8:29pm On May 17, 2019
I just stumbled on this story on Facebook. What are your take on this, Fam? Should his wife forgive?

“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my current husband and then the issue of marriage came up.
I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I that he doesn’t want a court marriage for no reason.

My parents tried talking to him, I cried and begged him severally to legalize his marriage with me but he stood his grounds not to wed me in a court.

I involved his family members to help me beg him but they said he’s old enough to make his decisions.

He even refused to do a white wedding either because my church requested for a court certificate, so we ended up doing only traditional marriage.

I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I was hurt and broken but I resolved to marry him like that just to save myself and my family the shame of having a baby outside wedlock.

My dad was angry and disappointed in him but he didn’t care and because of that my dad vowed to see me a successful and independent woman with or without him.

After I gave birth to my baby, my dad helped me secure a job with a multinational company and things started to turn around for me. I could now take care of myself and secure a future.

Though I married my husband, but I never forgave him from my heart and it made me not to do anything in my husband’s name.

We currently have three kids together but all my properties are in the name of my children. I never used him as my next of kin either.

Just last month my company decided to transfer me to a branch in Texas and the company is willing to pay for my entire family to relocate with me.

My husband’s business is not doing too well and he’s willing to relocate also but we have no legal certificate to show that we are married.

Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize our marriage and I have said “No” My dad has threatened to disown me if I ever go with him to court.

He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife who is not loyal to her husband, spoiling my family also.
His family members have been calling me trying to persuade me but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

What is your advice for this young mother?

*Copied*
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by greatnaija01: 8:31pm On May 17, 2019
HOW YOU CARRY STORY THAT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU AND BRING IT HERE FOR DISCUSSION is still a mystery to me.

pls go back to the facebook post and read the comments and get your answers there.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive Him? by ThothHermes: 8:32pm On May 17, 2019
The answer is no!

Fake story though.
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by extremelygolden: 8:36pm On May 17, 2019
greatnaija01:
HOW YOU CARRY STORY THAT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU AND BRING IT HERE FOR DISCUSSION is still a mystery to me.

pls go back to the facebook post and read the comments and get your answers there.

Greatnaija01, we learn everyday and from people's experience. That's why I brought it home to Nairaland.
Back to the topic, if reverse is the case, will you forgive?
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by extremelygolden: 8:40pm On May 17, 2019
ThothHermes:
The answer is no!

Fake story though.

It might be real or fake, but let's assume it is a true life story, will you accept for the Court Wedding now?
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by ThothHermes: 8:42pm On May 17, 2019
extremelygolden:

It might be real or fake, but let's assume it is a true life story, will you accept for the Court Wedding now?
I already answered.

I said no!

If she gree na she sabi.
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by ojun50(m): 8:44pm On May 17, 2019
Buhari don come back
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by extremelygolden: 9:43pm On May 17, 2019
ThothHermes:
I already answered.

I said no!

If she gree na she sabi.

Ok then.
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by babyfaceafrica: 11:06pm On May 17, 2019
made-up just to trend..fake like Tonto bobi
Re: Should I Forgive Him? by Chubhie: 8:13am On May 18, 2019
All these wahala just for properties that we would all leave behind undecided

Re: Should I Forgive Him? by ekene101: 4:23pm On May 18, 2019
All these fake stories just to incite violence in women against their husbands in marriages, one dead brain lady will read this and boom,she will start showing her husband attitudes. Social media has done more harm in marriages than good. No wonder the marriages before the advent of social media use to last longer and were the best. Today no guy wants to get married because of slay queens everywhere trying to outdo each other on Facebook and Instagram, no societal decorum anymore like the days of our mothers and fathers,baby mamas everywhere, drugs and frauds among the youths because of the way of life of our artists,, prostitution among young ladies because of way of life of actress,people openly commit suicide on Facebook and stream it live for viewers etc.. Nigeria is finished due to social media. It has done the worst harm than good.

(1) (Reply)

. / Why Is It That Male Children Seem To Love Their Mothers More? / Yul Edochie Has Done No Wrong; Polygamy Is Not A Sin - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.