Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification (29480 Views)

Benin Traditional Council Suspends Five Chiefs For Pledging Alliance To Ooni / Oyo Assembly Approves ‘isese Day’ To Honour Traditional Worshippers / Isese Day: Osun declares Tuesday public holiday for traditional worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by jrusky(m): 1:33pm On May 18, 2019
Donmedra:
that's the meaning of what he wrote

Ok
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by AngelicBeing: 1:35pm On May 18, 2019
Upton:

You should do that! The rite is to cleanse the "Benin Kingdom". I don't know when Benin Kingdom turned to Nigeria or when the Oba of Benin was given jurisdiction over Nigeria. We are cleansing our land, you are mentioning Nigeria.
Benin is part of Nigeria, they should extend the curses to all the thieves that made the country a cesspit of darkness , they should backdate the curses to start from 1979 till date and let all the criminals called politicians that raped Nigeria without condoms to fall down and die grin
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Antichristus: 1:44pm On May 18, 2019
Benin people are steeped in idolatry.

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Upton: 1:45pm On May 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Benin is part of Nigeria, they should extend the curses to all the thieves that made the country a cesspit of darkness , they should backdate the curses to start from 1979 till date and let all the criminals called politicians that raped Nigeria without condoms to fall down and die grin
It's fine kiddo.
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by AngelicBeing: 1:49pm On May 18, 2019
Upton:

It's fine kiddo.
Buzz off and go play with your mates toddler , I am entitled to my opinion, if you talk rubbish again, I will give you 500 billion lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper, arrant nonsense angry
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Mystiquefia: 1:49pm On May 18, 2019
Duggedised12:
if it was salt and holy water or one blood of Jesus being sprayed you wont call it fetish? undecided undecided, who told you the beads both Christians and Muslims use to pray is not fetish as well,or the holy water and candles are not fetish as well,or incense burnt in some churches are not fetish as well? .

The only problem I have with the juju is they couldn't save us when the white men came with guns to forcefully Take the Oba away, same way Christians and Muslims are being blown up with no help from their prophet and savior respectively.

Oh my Goodness!!! I love this your comment.
It's so devoid of dogmatism and sentiments.
I doubt yur a lady..
If u are, then wehdone ma

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Duggedised12(f): 1:51pm On May 18, 2019
Mystiquefia:

Oh my Goodness!!! I love this your comment.
It's so devoid of dogmatism and sentiments.
I doubt yur a lady..
If u are, then wehdone ma
we just have to stop this self deceit.some has to say it loud anyway
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by DabuIIIT: 1:54pm On May 18, 2019
Donmedra:
you said our tradition couldn't save us from British but how is the so called white man religion helping you people?

Whatever you say,do please do not get God angry. God doesn't take slighting slightly..
It's in the book of Hosea in the Bible
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Saao(m): 1:57pm On May 18, 2019
Hardewarlee:
Chai God get many case to handle on judgement day ooh grin
I tell you bro
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by DabuIIIT: 1:58pm On May 18, 2019
Duggedised12:
if it was salt and holy water or one blood of Jesus being sprayed you wont call it fetish? undecided undecided, who told you the beads both Christians and Muslims use to pray is not fetish as well,or the holy water and candles are not fetish as well,or incense burnt in some churches are not fetish as well? .

The only problem I have with the juju is they couldn't save us when the white men came with guns to forcefully Take the Oba away, same way Christians and Muslims are being blown up with no help from their prophet and savior respectively.

Gu nu we edian!!!

In fact,ladian outta here!!!!
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Duggedised12(f): 2:02pm On May 18, 2019
DabuIIIT:

Gu nu we edian!!!

In fact,ladian outta here!!!!
ladian to where?, lol,its the Internet, if you can't handle the truth, thats not my business. Funny enough even if I ladian ,my comments will still be here grin grin
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by lepasharon(f): 2:02pm On May 18, 2019
hungryboy:
Nonsense
juju were no been fit save oyinbo from colonising us, wetin be him usefulness?

Why didn't Jesus save oyinbos from colonizing us?
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by ochiosa(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2019
As much as many of us come here to pretend to be Hollie than thou if we adopt this edo tradition for oauth before assuming any public office I tell u everybody will fall in line. This things exist in every village and cities in Nigeria from Lagos to owerri, ibadan to sokoto and Jos etc. Pictures of our spot minister was on social media some days back when he was participating in his village tradition, may Nigerians indulge in one ritual or the other to aid their business or carrier but goes to the mosque Friday and church on Sunday pretending holy holy. shocked : shocked
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Triniti(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2019
Atigba:

Oba of Benin and all this people you are seeing here are cultist
Yeah, black axxe has a deep rooted affinity with the royal family, which started with Oba Akenzua. That’s the more reason why the land needs to be cleansed of all the atrocities

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by osuofia2(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2019
Corrosiveman:
Remembering the days when i was cooked in Benin
Tell us ur story...
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Upton: 2:10pm On May 18, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Buzz off and go play with your mates toddler , I am entitled to my opinion, if you talk rubbish again, I will give you 500 billion lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper, arrant nonsense angry
Lol. I don't have a problem with your opinion. You were sounding like a kid. Benin kingdom is part of Nigeria but Benin people are only bounded to Benin Culture and Benin tradition is only for the kingdom and it's inhabitants. The land was desecrated and according to the tradition, the land has to be cleansed. Nothing would happen to kidnappers in other parts of this country as long as they keep committing their crime outside the kingdom.

What you were saying was like Lagos state house of assembly should make pronouncements targeting corrupt leaders in other states or the Federal government because we are part of Nigeria. Does it make sense to you?
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Upton: 2:12pm On May 18, 2019
Triniti:
Yeah, black axxe has a deep rooted affinity with the loyal family, which started with Oba Akenzua. That’s the more reason why the land needs to be cleansed of all the atrocities
Lwkm. If someone challenges you now, you will claim to be a Benin man just to safe face. that started in the seventies in Uniben. What has Uniben got to do with the palace?
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by cyrilamx(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Even with all these witchcraft a handful of British soldiers still. conquered their kingdom
tell me which civilisation at its time of waning wasnt decimated? Going by your logic, the Israelites were decimated by Babylonians with their temple and cities burnt down despite called children of God? Marauding barbarians will sack almighty Rome and even so called Britain would have been obliterated by Germany had the World not come to their aid. Every civilization has its greatest and lowest ebb....Despite British invasion our Monarchy is still intact...
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by AngelicBeing: 2:17pm On May 18, 2019
Upton:

Lol. I don't have a problem with your opinion. You were sounding like a kid. Benin kingdom is part of Nigeria but Benin people are only bounded to Benin Culture and Benin tradition is only for the kingdom and it's inhabitants. The land was desecrated and according to the tradition, the land has to be cleansed. Nothing would happen to kidnappers in other parts of this country as long as they keep committing their crime outside the kingdom.

What you were saying was like Lagos state house of assembly should make pronouncements targeting corrupt leaders in other states or the Federal government because we are part of Nigeria. Does it make sense to you?
Regardless of your epistle above, I am entitled to my opinion, l repeat, they should extend the curses to all the thieves that made Benin as a city what it is and to a larger extent the nation called Nigeria, don't you want the curses to catch up with other wicked people passing through Benin or coming to desecrate Benin city
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 18, 2019
These are the real Nigerian Airforce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Maariv: 2:24pm On May 18, 2019
[quote author=Kennitrust post=78495693]No civilization can destroy this practice.
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Maariv: 2:25pm On May 18, 2019
Kennitrust:
No civilization can destroy this practice. grin grin grin grin

The world grow differently in different places.

Seriously? However the cross sign on their cloths is traditional i hope shocked
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Indispensable85(m): 2:26pm On May 18, 2019
These things don't work. They've done it several times before now and nothing seems to have changed, infact things get worse instead.

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 18, 2019
Over 5000years of history is no joke.
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Hoodbilonia: 2:32pm On May 18, 2019
Aiyelala dont wanna play
Keh dudu kain
Aiyelala nor be today

They aint rich as a mofocka
Still backwards like a mofocka
Why old bald headed men be on off slippers
Toes to the ground
What is dah some form of ritual

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Triniti(m): 2:33pm On May 18, 2019
Upton:

Lwkm. If someone challenges you now, you will claim to be a Benin man just to safe face. that started in the seventies in Uniben. What has Uniben got to do with the palace?
hahahaha...I never said I was, just love the culture and everything. Correct me if I’m wrong bro.
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by Kokoebapluse(m): 2:43pm On May 18, 2019
grin why I com see symbol of kiriyo (+) on their clothes ? Well there is no different between christain and idolworshiper, both bow for image.

But why in first pic they dress like our sango of Yoruba ?
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by blackpanda: 2:45pm On May 18, 2019
Eziokwu1:
The Benins are indeed a very scary lot.
very fetish!

Nothing to do with that.
White man or blue man apart, can you in ALL HONESTY look at these series of pics posted above, and tell me that it isn't some scary voodoo-like sh!t?
Don't lie to yourself, biko.

And what makes voodoo "shit" If not that u are still suffering from acute colonial mentality. What makes u think that the culture/religion the white men shoved down u and ur ancestors throats is better than the culture of our forefathers Wake up!

1 Like

Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by joshrare(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2019
daddytime:
If these curses laid are to include yahoo boys/money ritualist and human traffickers, then I'm sorry to say that the population of the youths (both male and female) are hugely about to be decimated in my dear Edo land..

shocked

That may not see the light of the day because of the traitors in the palace
Re: Benin Traditional Worshippers Embark On Acts Of Purification And Sanctification by hopexter(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2019
Oovi5:
I fear who no fear Benin people

And yet your leg no dey comot from Benin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) / Sultan of Sokoto: North Is The Worst Place To Live, Bandits Operate Freely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.