Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Unizik Graduand Reflects About His Years In School,on His Convocation Day. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unizik Graduand Reflects About His Years In School,on His Convocation Day. (315 Views)

Redeemer's University Virtual Convocation Day 1 (in Pictures) / A Young Groundnut Seller Signs On A Graduand's Top With Hope For A Better Life / FUTMINNA Graduating Student Dies On His Way To His Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unizik Graduand Reflects About His Years In School,on His Convocation Day. by Jonathan8: 11:20am On May 18, 2019
#ALittleStoryAboutHowISpentMyUniversityDays
#JustAReflectionOfHisGrace
Pls go through if you are free, my story may inspire you.
I got admission into unizik sometimes in 2013 (a year after graduating from secondary school) it was an amazing experience made some friends, till my 100level, second semester when my elder sister took ill, the illness was so bad, she had to leave the country for India for treatment, being so sick meant she also needed someone to take care of while she undergoes treatment.
Being the second child (first son) in the family the responsibility fell on me to take care of her while she receives treatment in India, that also means that I have to leave school for India, this came just a few weeks from second semester exam, I've written all the quiz, all the assignment, and read most of the material I had to read for the semester, now all those effort will amount to nothing, because I have to forget them and help my sister recover, or hold on to them and watch her die, it was a hard decision but I had no other choice (the only choice I have was to let my parent carry the burden, considering how they feel whenever they see her in such condition she may end up surviving, but they may die of heart break or hypertension, so that wasn't really a choice) I eventually made my decision and left school, but before I left I was able to convince the school authority to differ the semester exam so I would write it whenever I come back. I and my Sister moved to Lagos a week before exam to process our visa. We left Nigeria on 15th August 2014 my experience on transit was horrible, 2014 was The year we had Ebola menace in Nigeria, so people we boarded the same plane with saw her, thought she had Ebola and were avoiding us, nobody will talk to us, respond to our questions, or even sit close to us, we had to manage.
We got to India the same day (India is a few hours behind Nigeria) 15 August is Independence Day in India so he had to lodge in a hotel, we also needed to recover from the jet lag before going straight to the hospital to start the treatment the treatment.
Our experience in India was equally bad, the food wasn't quite a delicacy we would prefer, I personally survived on bread, Apples and eqqs for a whole month, my sister was forced to take the food since she had to receive treatment.... Let me not bore you with the rest of our experience in india.
When we got back to lagos state, the doctors there suggested that since we stay in the east (Anambra), we should go back to the east, he referred us to some oncologist in University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) who would continue the chemotherapy dosage, when we got to UNTH, the doctors complained that we already left the country and due to massive negligence of duty she eventually gave up the ghost without receive a single dose of the chemotherapy (I bought 6 of them for approximately $3500 from India).
The day she died I was the only one at home and she died in my arms, that weekend we had my grandma's burial the plan was that I should go for the burial on Friday, which was the actual day for burial (the day she was to be laid to rest in her grave and comeback that same day and take care of my sister), so my mom can go home on Saturday (her family is to come for condolences that day) I kinda liked the plan because it will give me chance to wash my clothes, I don't have a single clean cloth by then, not even a boxers, the only clean cloth I had was the ones I was putting on, because I was always on the move from one pharmacy to one hospital, I'm not sure I slept at home for more that 10 times in a space on 6-8 months. That day I didn't even get to wash the clothes, because she was in so much pain, all I did the whole day was massage her back, around 3pm she was able to sleep after crying for the whole day, it was equally raining heavily, I know I needed some clean clothes from the next day, so I packed half the clothes I was to wash entered the rain and started washing because I don't know when next she will wake up, about 20 minutes from when I started washing I heard her crying so I left the clothes under the rain,and started massage her back again. She told me she was finding it hard to breathe and needed the nebulizer, so I started the generator (there was no light) set up the nebulizer, gave it to her and continued massaging her back, after a while she turned to me, and said UGOO E-TRY GOLUM, THANK YOU (UGOO YOU'VE TRIED FOR ME THANK YOU),rested her head on my knee, I thought that she was just resting I didn't know that she was dead. I noticed when the nebulizer just fell from her nose I called her name and she didn't respond, checked her pulse and it was no longer there. I rushed out found a ke-ke, the ke-ke man saw her told me she was dead, what I said to him was "thunder fire u, I've seen this before" (I thought it was one of the days in India when she will be unconscious) I putted on a trouser (no shirt) I cried her body to the ke-ke we left for Izunna hospital around ifite, on getting there the doctor was not available, we left for endorado hospital behind CBN awka, at a point my trouser seemed like a burden to me so I removed it in the ke-ke threw it to God knows where, when we got to endorado the doctors confirmed that she's dead, I refused to believe that (I've had a lot of awful experience with Nigerian doctors that year) I held on to her body for more than an hour, till my dad came from the village and convinced me to let go, that I've tried for her and it was time to let her rest, I did eventually, and we both took her to a mortuary in enugu-ukwu that night, I went home with her clothes, I thought maybe with those I would have her around for as much as I had them.
The next semester I went back to school, wrote to the school for permission to continue, and was permitted to resume.
After carefully going through the my load I have for each year to decide the best way to fix in the 100level, second semester that was differed I decided I was going to write 4 in 200level, 3 in 300level and the remaining 3 in 500level (400level is our SIWES Year, so i are not permitted to write extra exams that year, the differed exams are all second semester courses and I was supposed to be on SIWES by second semester).
Carrying this courses over along with my actual courses wasn't easy, when my mates are preparing for 10papers I was preparing for 14, when they are preparing for 9, I was preparing for 12 etc.
I can remember vividly how my Feg 202 exam crashed with phy108, how I wrote feg 202 for 1hrs:30mins (a 3hrs course) then I rushed under heavy rain to physics workshop from engineering faculty for the phy 108 exams, how I stood under rain and begged the coordinator to let me in for 20minutes, when she eventually allowed me to join the exam, the students are done with the practicals and were computing their results, since she insisted she wasn't going to give me extra time, i made up values and started computing with them, I wrote the exam for 30minutes (a 2hrs exam), how two of my lectures wasted 20minutes of my time when I came to write feg103 exam, they believe I can't repeat the course so if I'm coming to rewrite it then I must be impersonating someone, I also remember how all the 300level exams I wrote on Monday crashed with those differed 100level exams, how I had to just skim through them during my revision to make sure I can at least go half way in both exams, how I came to school just like a normal lecture day for my ChE371 practical and was told that ICH practical was holding that same day, I never had of it from anyone (guess it was because I was not in the class) I left the class rushed to ICH lab and wrote the exam without reading any form of preparation.
How my 500 level seminar defense crashed with my gss106 exam
However in all these struggles his grace was sufficient for me, I became a Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) local undergraduate scholarship scheme awardee in my 200level, I graduated in due time with my mates ,no EXTRA YEAR, NOT A SINGLE FAILURE(F) IN MY RESULTS, with a very second class (upper division) popularly known as 2-1 (maybe not the one I would have preferred, but better than most could do)
I took part in Nnamdi Azikwe University Awka 13th convocation ceremony
His grace was, is and will ever remain sufficient
#HappyConvocationToMe
#NAU13thConvocationCeremony
#SecondClassUpperDivision
#ChemicalEngineering
#ThankYouLord
#ThankMeForNotGivingUp

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unizik Graduand Reflects About His Years In School,on His Convocation Day. by Divay22(f): 12:26pm On May 18, 2019
Wow.
So much you did for your sister. God bless you and her soul continue to rest in peace. Amen.

Congratulations!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unizik Graduand Reflects About His Years In School,on His Convocation Day. by jaksmillioniar: 12:49pm On May 18, 2019
I feel sad reading dis may ur sis rip
Re: Unizik Graduand Reflects About His Years In School,on His Convocation Day. by Jonathan8: 1:01pm On May 18, 2019
Lalasticlala,please push to FP. This may encourage someone
Re: Unizik Graduand Reflects About His Years In School,on His Convocation Day. by Angel963: 6:15pm On May 29, 2019
Are you an aspiring UNIZIK Candidate searching for past questions online Search no more. With UNLIMITED Access to free Past Question and answers online in PDF Format, things would be more easier and faster.

You don't have to pay for Past Question ANYMORE! You can now download FREE PAST QUESTIONS for all Universities at www.prep.ng

Download FREE UNIZIK post UTME Past Questions and Answers from the link below

https://www.prep.ng/2019/05/free-nnamdi-azikiwe-unizik-post-utme.html

You can also download FREE Past Questions for all Institutions at www.prep.ng

(1) (Reply)

NTRCA Result 2019 / Ansys 2019 R2 X64 Anyone? / Choose One: SNIPER Or A Golden Sausage? End Suicide On Campus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.