Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Carlo Ancelotti Has Challenged John Mikel Obi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carlo Ancelotti Has Challenged John Mikel Obi (773 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti Appointed As Real Madrid Manager / Ancelotti Has Been Sacked - With £6.5m pay-off / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Carlo Ancelotti Has Challenged John Mikel Obi by EFCC1(m): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2010
Carlo Ancelotti has challenged John Mikel Obi on his lack of goals, promising to run around the pitch when the Nigerian scores.

Since joining Chelsea five years ago, Mikel has only scored twice, in FA Cup games against Macclesfield Town and Nottingham Forest back in 2007. Now, the rangy midfielder says he is hoping to change that, and came close against West Ham last week.

“I thought the one last week against West Ham was going to go in, it nearly did,” said Mikel. “I have had words with the manager and he said when I score my first goal he is going to get up out of his seat and run round the pitch!”

The Nigerian has seen his game remodelled from the classic attacking midfielder to a holding player, and he explains how former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho changed his game.

“When I came, [Claude] Makelele was here and I really looked up to him. Mourinho said he wanted me to play in his position and I said ‘I don't play in this position’. He said ‘Okay, but you're going to start’.

“He told me that I would be a replacement for Makelele one day and I learned a lot off Maka; a lot of the way I play today is based on what I learned from him, but I try to add a bit more to my game. I try to get forward a little bit, but sometimes when I do I get into trouble.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/17876/john-mikel-obi-eager-to-break-chelsa-duck.php
Re: Carlo Ancelotti Has Challenged John Mikel Obi by yousouph(m): 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2010
Still on the matter!!!

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho's Selective Memory And Criticisms - Rather Hypocritical / Laliga The Best League In The World! / Woman Crushed During Goal Celebration With Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.