Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,463 members, 7,812,413 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (21853 Views)

PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph / Barcelona After Arsenal's Alex Song / Alexandre Song Vs Mikel Obi: Who's A Better Player ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Masterbiodun: 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2010
Who plays better btw these two.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2010
from the way ppl here are comparing mikel to everyone, i want to compare him now with timaya
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by gyrics: 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
song is better no doubt at all.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chrisrock(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
chidichris:

from the way ppl here are comparing mikel to everyone, i want to compare him now with timaya
Guy you well so?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chrisrock(m): 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
chidichris:

Guy you well so?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2010
Guy you well so?

@chrisrock,
the same question i would love to ask ur father and mother if i have their contacts.
@topic,
can anyone here tell me who is better between mikel and goodluck jonathan?
in fact, i want to know who is better between janet jackson and mikel?
ok what about tigerwood and mikel?
idiots, tell me roger fedeerer and mikel who is better.

great men create histories while weak fools read histories.

mikel continues during his things while useless fools keep on wrting him off.

sorry abt that, mikel and serena willaims who is better.

@moderator,
please do us a favour by changing this forum to mikel forum.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chrisrock(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
@chidichris, you must be a fool to make such statement,infact you and your family are far from sanity.keep on misbehaving just remember that a fool at 40 will remain a fool forever.(and i know you are 39.9years)
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2010
chidichris:

chrisrock:

Guy you well so?

You people are lucky he did not compare him to Obasanjo
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by PurestBoy(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2010
I guess Mikel is feeding some pple on NL
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
You people are lucky he did not compare him to Obasanjo
@mikeansy,
thanks for reminding me of the need to compare mikel with ur father(obasanjo)

gentlemen and ladies, pls mikel and obasanjo, who is better?

no matter how foolish a person is, he must be useful in one way or the other. if not for mikeansy, how will i remember of the need to compare mikel with obasanjo.

what about my suggestion to change this forum to mikel forum?

if anyone hates mikel and sees him as a failure, that one is either mad or useless.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
i don't particularly rate either of the two but i think song is marginally better.
@ the people complaining about the mikel comparisons you guys should chill and realize that this is the life of a professional footballer. we nigerians have every right to criticize a player who represents us as a member of the national team. it is not as if anyone here can make mikel lose his job can we? criticism is part of the job description of any celebrity

1 Like

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by oleigh(m): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2010
song ia better da mikel in any way,i think after essien in african midfielders den song is next.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by honeric01(m): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2010
Well Mikel is not that useless, i wouldn't write him off, Song and Mikel? uhmm, both are prone to red cards, Mikel is bigger, Song is faster, Mikel is more ball shielding, Song is more ball chasing.

I prefer Mikel as a 4.

1 Like

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
^ reasonable analysis but is mikel really stronger?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by honeric01(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2010
Well i didn't say Mikel was stronger in my post, i think he wins that too, Mikel is stronger on the ball than Song.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2010
football is like everyother business or jobs where people are paid according to their input especially in the developed world.
what is the valuation arsene wenger or song's employees are giving to him?
we know messi is a very good player, and his salary at barca reflects that. we also know about ibrahimovic, henry, drogba, etoo, ronaldo etc as their salaries show that.
how much is song recieving for his goodness? or is he a slave to the club owners.
i am well convienced that mikel is been paid in relation to his input especially with his new improved contract.
is song also earning as he works and if yes, what is the difference between their salaries?
apart from arsenal, where else can song play?
anyways, i prefer to be mikel that does not know how to play but enjoys fat salary to been song that is the world best midfielder with a tin salary.
no matter how lowly mikel is rated by weak minded nigerians, God has raised him above u shameless and envious dounce.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by eldee(m): 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2010
What kind of joke is this??
Mikel V Song?? The same Mikel??

What's he good at exactly?? Defensively Song trashes him.
Play with a defense that attacks all the time like Arsenal and you'll know how good song is.

Going forward, Song is still better.

Mikel is nowhere near Song on any level.
I'd say Mikel V Denilson tongue tongue
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 2:32am On Mar 20, 2010
eldee:

Play with a defense that attacks all the time like Arsenal and you'll know how good song is.

I'd say [b]Mikel V Denilson [/b]tongue tongue

funny i was just thinking to myself thatt mikel is more similar to denilson than song. i think every club has these kind of players, denilson, lucas leiva, mikel, gago and even ballack seems a bit useless sometimes
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2010

I'd say Mikel V Denilson

@eldee,
are u not aware that u can start a new topic of ur own? make it a topic pls. denilson vs mikel.
i am even try to start a topic with such heading as;
mikel vs tuface
mikel vs liz benson
mikel vs genevive nnaji
mikel vs ramsey noah
mikel vs buffon

at the end of the day, the fate of mikel does not lie in the hands of wicked and dark minded nigerians like u.
God's favour is upon his life so comparing him with the birds of the earth will do no harm to his endless gifts.
no matter how u look at mikel, he has established himself.
it was idiots like u that told us here that mikel will die on the bench in chelsea and today the topic has chnaged to comparing mikel with referees and goalkeepers.
u are all shameless and envious of this guy's achievements.
if u are anywhere close to jos, i will ask him to send money so that ur father's house will be bought by his lively father.
i would love him to make ur own parents regret having u as a child.
do not forget that mikel has ate and dinned with kings and queens. made men of classes. at ur age, what have u achieved or are u going to die comparing others.
if u are to be compared with others, who and who will be compared to u?
u must appreciate other peoples' achievements for u to achieve any good thing in life.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by eldee(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2010
@chidichris

Kilagbe kileju??
How am I darkminded?? Because I believe Song is a better footballer than Mikel??
Am I missing something here??

Listen to yourself speak . . .
Dude, be a man and stop letting sentiments cloud your thinking, it's a feminine trait.

I've not got time for this . . .
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by bamshow: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2010
Haha, If ChidiChris were to be GOD, '''. I really wonder. In a forum like this there are bound to be divergent views which can be corrected or adopted. Chidichris, going by your name, I think you are schizophrenic. Are you really this intolerant? It is people like you that sponsored the killings in Jos. Are you a football fan or a fanatic or how else do you want to justify your railings on eldee and the rest of the crew.
I think the moderator should bar you from posting on any forum for that matter.
You insult peoples parents like you fell from heaven. Seems like you are bereft of parental attention while growing up.
I have gone through this thread and I am posting because of your love for insulting parents and peoples personalities.
Take heed my boy if you want to live long desist from insulting Parents otherwise the Curse of the Aged will be upon you.
I am addressing you in my discuss and I know that you will learn. But if you are a leopard that never changes it's spot then I am waiting.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2010
@chidichris

Kilagbe kileju??
How am I darkminded?? Because I believe Song is a better footballer than Mikel??
Am I missing something here??

Listen to yourself speak . . .
Dude, be a man and stop letting sentiments cloud your thinking, it's a feminine trait.

I've not got time for this . . .

@eldee,
am sorry for that. it cld be my english because i was trying to support u in starting a new topic  MIKEL VS DENILSON.
please get us a new topic here because others are doing so.
give nigerians this song now, they will start looking for ebue.
if i have my ways, i will use all our politicians during matches as they are the best thing that happened to nigeria.
Eldee, pls be reminded that from birth, God has destined and positioned mikel to be above u and ur personal gods hence ur hating and liking him has little or no impact in his life.
quality players in soccer earn quality salaries hence i ask nigerians, who is a better earner among the duo?
the whole world is aware that messi, drogba, ibrahimovic etc are better than mikel hence they earn better salaries.
song, etoo and almost all the camerounian players were in the caf players of the yr but how far did the go in the just concluded AFC? song, the best player nigerians know, has practically achieved nothing or came close to achieving anything in football and i stand to be corrected.
look at the advert of sa world on super sports, mikel, essien, etoo, drogba and no song. shameless and brainless idiots, tell us where song belongs.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hoteph(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
Song Is better than two Mike combined,
Song has been outstanding for Arsenal
Mikel refused to improve maybe due to reasons best known to him,
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Fest7: 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2010
Who be dis chidichris of a person why are u insulting pple & deir parents anyhow,do u want 2 compare mikel with song,song is far far better dan mikel.mikel dat used 2 fall always,no strength
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2010
Haha, If ChidiChris were to be GOD, '''. I really wonder. In a forum like this there are bound to be divergent views which can be corrected or adopted. Chidichris, going by your name, I think you are schizophrenic. Are you really this intolerant? It is people like you that sponsored the killings in Jos. Are you a football fan or a fanatic or how else do you want to justify your railings on eldee and the rest of the crew.
I think the moderator should bar you from posting on any forum for that matter.
You insult peoples parents like you fell from heaven. Seems like you are bereft of parental attention while growing up.
I have gone through this thread and I am posting because of your love for insulting parents and peoples personalities.
Take heed my boy if you want to live long desist from insulting Parents otherwise the Curse of the Aged will be upon you.
I am addressing you in my discuss and I know that you will learn. But if you are a leopard that never changes it's spot then I am waiting.

@bamshow,
i appreciate ur advise as i say from the bottom of my heart; I AM SORRY TO ALL PARENTS THAT HAVE BEEN INSULTED AND THOSE WHOSE PARENTS WERE INSULTED.this appology is for real and i mean it when i say am sorry.

again, u were able to go through this thread to observe what u pointed out, is that the only thing u found to be wrong on this forum that needs to be corrected?
on my own observation, i found out that nairaland is more of a pull him down forum rather than a promotion forum for nigerian worldwide.
pls take a second look at this forum and confirm it that all positive posts about our players do not get any attention rather negative posts here get much more than it deserves.
again, look at this forum and make a confirmation of how many posts abt mikel and how many of them are negative. if i may ask, is that a way forward for nigeria and nigerians? mikel and these other players are someone's child or father that deserve respect too.
on ur call to ban me here, i wish i cld try signing in tomorrow and find out that i have been banned as i better stay away from this kind of anti progressives than been part of it.
i did suggest here on different occassions that this forum be changed to mikel's forum.
if the moderator of this forum is arround, why is he not closing down these multiple topics on mikel like he does on other multiple threads?

@topic,
assuming we all have accepted that song is better than mikel, what next? who is next in the order of comparism? does that make mikel less than who he is?
i even saw another topic here where someone was comparing martins and mikel.

based on that, i now saw this forum as a joke hence i wish to compare mikel with buffon.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by bamshow: 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
Dear ChidiChris,

What you have done takes maturity, for that I doff my hat for you and you have my respect. To the rest of the House we can only learn andd sift values from our brothers contributions.

God bless.

P.S. I forgot the sisters too. Love u all
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by annie7(m): 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
PERMIT ME TO MAKE MY OWN CONTRIBUTION. LETS FORGET SENTIMENTS AND THE HATRED WE HAVE FOR MIKEL. I DON'T KNOW WHY WE NIGERIANS DON'T APPRECIATE PPL. IF SONG SHOULD BE IN CHELSEA TEAM, HE WOULD NOT FIND HIMSELF IN D STARTING LINE UP. I THINK U SHOULD COMPARE THEM WITH ACHIEVEMENT TOO,WHAT HAS SONG ACHIEVE COMPARE TO MIKEL. I BEG MAKE NA LEAVE STORY.[b][/b]
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 11:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
ur argument is so flawed.song is at arsenal who on current form are just as good as chelsea so what evidence do you have that he would not start for chelsea? in any case no two clubs play exactly the same way so where one player might succeed in one club and not do well at another it is not reflective of/on his ability. case in mind is lassana diara who flopped out at both chelsea and arsenal where both mikel and song where ahead of him in the pecking order. now he is at real madrid which is a bigger club than either chelsea or arsenal and he is recognized as a much better player than either mikel or song. besides, i highly doubt that mikel would make it at arsenal as he is too slow and immobile for their style of play.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Masterbiodun: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2010
@kgdavid,u r making sense.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Kgdavid(m): 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
thx for that compliment
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Duniverse(m): 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2010
chidichris:

i will prefer Terry G. His alone is always hot
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Duniverse(m): 2:45pm On Mar 26, 2010
chidichris:

i will prefer Terry G. His alone is always hot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Atlético Madrid (1 - 1) On 21st September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (1 - 1) On 5th November 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 2) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.