Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria (46278 Views)

Inside The ₦181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... / This Electric Car Prototype Is Built For Africa’s Rural Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by kernniejay(m): 9:11pm On May 19, 2019
GLeesMODEL:
Sad
why are you sad? problem shared is half solved.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by unikazzy(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2019
Freshbaba95:

You forgot Avalon
u can easily add that .....that's y i put "e.t.c"
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by baaEnyinnaya: 9:40pm On May 19, 2019
hiann

@@@@@>>

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Beulah77: 9:50pm On May 19, 2019
undecided
AUTOJOSH1:

You may have been seeing a lot of Toyota Vehicles on our Nigerian roads because it’s one of the brands most preferred by Nigerians. Most of these Toyota Vehicles you see were imported from countries like Dubai, USA and Canada. Most importers go for the American specification as you would always hear “American Spec.” But do you know there is Toyota cars specifically built for Nigeria?

Toyota produces vehicles to meet specific regional conditions. These usually have to do with compatibility issues relating to fuel chemical composition, terrains and general environmental conditions. Toyota Nigeria Limited sells vehicles made to operate optimally in the Nigerian market.

It is good you know that the prices of cars sold by Toyota Nigeria Limited through their accredited dealers differ from the ones you get from unofficial dealers. This is why:

Prices differ due to specification variations. Considering our harsh environment, all Toyota vehicles sold by TNL come with ‘Severe User Package’ which includes reinforced suspension, heavy duty shock absorbers, engine under-guards, etc. These are all intrinsic value built in to withstand conditions of our terrain and provide peace of mind motoring.

These models built specifically for Nigerians are the only models sold by Toyota Nigeria Limited through their accredited dealers in the country.

Below are the Toyota models specifically built for Nigeria according to Toyota Nigeria Limited

1. Toyota Yaris
2. Toyota Corolla
3. Toyota Avensis
4. Toyota Camry
5. Toyota Rush
6. Toyota Rav4
7. Toyota Avanza
8. Toyota Fortuner
9. Toyota Prado
10. Toyota Landcruiser
11. Toyota LC 70
12. Toyota Hiace
13. Toyota Coaster
14. Toyota Dyna
15. Toyota Hilux

Source: https://autojosh.com/15-toyota-specifically-built-nigeria/

Lies, number one is Carina E, it is the most rugged amongst all Toyota sedan cars
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by stchinedu: 10:48pm On May 19, 2019
LegalOpinion:

Toyota has over 90 models.

Even the popular Sienna and Highlander are not on the list and you never noticed.

Wow! I never noticed, thanks for sharing
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by bb8Ezesinachi: 10:49pm On May 19, 2019
Okay

@@@@@>>

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 6:02am On May 20, 2019
Pr0cter:
I always wonder what's the difference between a Japanese car and a German car because it seems both country produce the same type of cars and model.

Someone with an answer should be quote me.

Branding. Thats all!
The logo on a car like bmw, audi, lexus, infiniti and so on serves zero function on the car but does have a trade value separate from the vehicle model itself.

Couple of years ago Ford America owned a franchise for Jaguar and they started making Jaguar. In the deal the brand known as Jaguar was negotiated separately from the production and assembly deal.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by airsaylongcon: 6:07am On May 20, 2019
Pr0cter:

Thanks for ur insult and at the same narration.

Insult? Why would I insult you? Or u take my first line as an insult? It wasn't and if came across as an insult then I apologise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by sinkhole: 7:42am On May 20, 2019
Thebwoy:
What of Toyota lambo ogini?
lambo ogini ko lambo ojikutu ni cheesy grin
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by jodecibmw: 11:57am On May 20, 2019
AreaFada2:

It is not about model. It is that these models though in other countries but also have versions made with adjustment to the rough terrain and environment of Nigeria.
So only car models that have some of it adjusted that Toyota official dealers will offer within Nigeria. Because only those are deemed up to standard by Toyota and offer the usual warranty for.

Assuming the list is complete, it means you cannot buy a Toyota Celica from those official dealers. Toyota just don't have supply them to sell in Nigeria. But unofficial dealers can get them into Nigeria from Western countries where Celica is deemed good enough for the environment.

You're one among those who seem to digest and understand the message in the post by Autojosh, I was baffled reading through comments which outlined glaring comprehension issues prevalent.. cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / A Car With Ankara Paint / Tesla Driverless Car Crashes Into Tree & Bursts Into Flames In Texas, Killing 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.