Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year (30067 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2022 / Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album / Burna Boy Wins BET Best International Act 2020 (Full List Of Winners) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Galaticos444: 7:26am On May 19, 2019
Heheh425:
Prove below
bros e too early 4dis hustle naaa.is it how u wanna survive dis life by scamming people
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Kyllahmc(m): 7:34am On May 19, 2019
Hotzone:
Aye axemen making us proud....from Burna to davido
No be to dey echo Aye axemen online,,, you dey run any O.F for your ZN or HT?? Or you na just d many Obotes wey dey kramp the Movement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Gabson001(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2019
Oluwa burna.. Congrat bro
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by djbussy(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2019
I guess Fela Kuti would love this if he was alive. Thumbs up! and keep lighting your grass on fire.
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Mystiquefia: 8:01am On May 19, 2019
Kyllahmc:
Minus Burna Boy winning the best artist... I only see Ghanaian dominated list. What do Ghanaians know about good music?

You're saying Nonesense. Just because you don't listen to Ghana music.. kuame Eugene, Kiddi and king promise are better than most uprising artists in Nigeria, to start with.
If u don't know these people, then u shouldn't be on this thread to start with

2 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by PopeFlatino(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2019
No award for My Bisa Kdei ...this list is inconclusive cry ..who sing pass that G for gh abeg?
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by PopeFlatino(m): 8:08am On May 19, 2019
U mean burna right?...I think His girlfriend Stefflon had a strong mutual tie with DjKhalid..have always given shoutOut to each other on IG....so for him to feature in Khalid's album should be closer to possibility
MufasaRebirth:
Congratulations to you Don Gorgon.

I had a dream you were on DJ Khaled's Album, i pray the dream comes to Reality bro..
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Richmondofficia(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2019
Guys pls o! No headies award this year?
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by udemzyudex(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2019
enshi:
Later they will say Ghanaians are better... So they had no one to clinch that award in there place... Hmmmm

Soon Dino will win most prominent politician in Ghana

Mumu talk.
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by StellarJo(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2019
lakesider:
Rubbish award. Rubbish musicians

[b][/b]Rubbish Comment!

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by SUNDICOS(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2019
Congratulations Oluwa Burna
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Nobody: 9:13am On May 19, 2019
Kyllahmc:
Minus Burna Boy winning the best artist... I only see Ghanaian dominated list. What do Ghanaians know about good music?

It is their country/national award, burna boy only won the Africa/international category
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by luminouz(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2019
Mystiquefia:
The Supremacy battle between Stonebwoy and shatta wale has been on for over a decade now.
Shatta-wale who is the most dominant force in the Reggae dancehall genre, with a larger fan base in Ghana always feels insulted as to why Stonebwoy always got all the international recognitions. If you ask me, I think this is a case of davido and wizkid. Whilst davido seems to have more followership, even on Instagram and twitter and has continued to dominate the African music scene, wizkid gets all the international recognition still. Fact is Stonebwoy is way more talented than shatta-wale in all spheres of music making. His voice, pitch, beats and lyrics all go in coherence, which is not the case in shatta-wales. Apart from R2bees, sark and fuse, stonebwoy is the next best artiste to come out of Ghana in recent times. He is also arguably the best Reggae dancehall artiste to come out of Africa, No wonder Stonebwoy is the only Reggae dancehall artiste with a BET award in Africa, Best personality award in the just concluded Nickelodeon kids choice award. Stonebwoys international recognition earned him more recognition in the Nigerian music industry, because at a time he was the most sought after Ghanaian artiste for collaborations in Nigeria.
How shatta wale ever thought he'd clinch the award in that category still baffles me. Stonebwoy released an album which featured America's Sean Paul, and African giants like, Casper Nyovest, AKA, sarkodie. The Only thing I noticed about shatta wales music last year was improvement in his music videos, and the credit of course goes to Nigerias Sesan. Whilst shattawale was busy trying to shoot standard music videos with sesan in order to catch up with Stonebwoys quality videos, Stonebwoy was doing international collaborations with music giants...A case of Misplaced priorities. Fact is shattawale only claims to love being local, deep down inside he wishes he's being recognized with those awards instead. This was someone who said he loved portraying his culture in his music videos, hence the low quality. He Even accused Ghanaian directors of copying their NIgerian counterparts, yet his music videos in recent times are being shot by SESAN. He's an hypocrite!!!
i could still remember how shatta Wale threw a shade at Stonebwoy recently when his album and international collaborations couldn't get him nominated for this year's BET's, according to him he was preparing for his local awards(VGMA'S) instead. The rest is history
Nawa o....all these history and emotion on top people wey no even send ur existence??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by OpokuAfrica(m): 9:25am On May 19, 2019
Ghana is the home of good music
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Samsonklin(m): 9:38am On May 19, 2019
Kenmatt:
With Which song?

" Me I no see wetin Burna dey song"
Na because Burna Boy not dey song. He dey sing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Kenmatt(m): 9:43am On May 19, 2019
Samsonklin:

Na because Burna Boy not dey song. He dey sing

Why yhu dey form lyke say yhu dey for Jant?

Yhu neva get typo error? yhu just dey rant!
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Stanleyville(m): 10:06am On May 19, 2019
Hotzone:
Aye axemen making us proud....from Burna to davido

Stop all this nonsense,.. Life is deeper than being a cultist
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by UNGOBACK: 11:06am On May 19, 2019
We give loans to Traders / manufactures Around Ajah, Vi, lekki, lakowe and Environs kindly check my signature
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Samsonklin(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2019
Kenmatt:

Why yhu dey form lyke say yhu dey for Jant?

Yhu neva get typo error? yhu just dey rant!
You are dumb. I’m not ranting and I know obviously it’s a typo error. I just try to hide my true message. If you’re intelligent enough you would know that my message is supporting the fact that Burna actually is a good singer. My response has nothing at all to do with the error. We all do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Have Bought The American Market - Ghanaian Music Executive (video) / The New Waves (dready Boys) / Let's Save Majek Fashek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.