Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

A Benefit Of The Elect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Benefit Of The Elect (296 Views)

Who Are The Elect? / Who Are The Elect? / Waiting For The Elect Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Benefit Of The Elect by kpakpandoN(m): 6:18am On May 19, 2019
The benefits of the elect are innumerable, but we will still be reflecting on just one of these today, which is the benefits of answered prayers. Who are the elect in the first plaace? Isaiah 42:1 says
“Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth….”
The elect are those with whom the Lord is well pleased. How does one become an object of God’s pleasure? The Holy Spirit answers that question in Psalm 147:11, where He says:
“The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.”
Because God has given freewill to every person, we all have a role to play in order to be numbered among His elect. Whether people believe it or not, God has favourites. You can choose to be one of His favourites by fearing Him and willingly walking in His ways. As a man, Jesus Christ was a favourite of God because He willingly offered Himself to do God’s will (Hebrews 10:5, Philippians 2:5-11). Therefore, in Matthew 3:17, God declared concerning Him:
“This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
No wonder Jesus enjoyed the benefit of answered prayers to the maximum when He here in flesh. In John 11:41c-42, He said at the tomb of His friend Lazarus:
“Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.”

Proverbs 15:29 tells us that the Lord hears the prayer of the righteous. Righteousness is a gift of grace that we receive through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:22, Romans 5:17). Faith is required to obtain the righteousness of God which qualifies us to be numbered among His elect. This issue of faith is so important if we are to enjoy the benefit of answered prayers, so much so that when Jesus taught on the place of persistence in prayer, He asked this question in Luke 18:8b:
“Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?”
This question needs an individual response from everyone.

Beloved, you need to be one of God’s elect if you want your prayers to be answered. God listens to the cry of the elect and responds positively to their requests. You can enjoy this benefit if you give your life to Christ today and continually live by faith in His word.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Enenche Is + 1 Today! / Catholic Priest Shows Off His Zanku Legwork Dance In Church. See Reactions / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:saturday , June 22, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.